Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2015 12:30:07 PM EDT
Sen. Rand Paul said the best way to fix problems with the Internal Revenue Service is to simply scrap the tax code and start from the beginning.

“The IRS is too big, too powerful, and we absolutely should scrap the code,” Mr. Paul said during a question-answer session on Facebook, The Hill reported.

The Kentucky senator suggested he wasn’t simply throwing out an opinion.

“Look for my tax plan later this spring,” Mr. Paul said, The Hill reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/13/rand-paul-irs-too-big-too-powerful-and-we-should-s/#ixzz3RjnAHk7v
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
View Quote

I love this guy, I will vote for him as many times as I can get away with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The tax plan should be the Fed has to go to the states for money. No direct payments!

Never should have changed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The tax plan should be the Fed has to go to the states for money. No direct payments!

View Quote

Agreed 100% !  Federal Govt SHOULD be subservient to States; not the other way around.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
RP is absolutely correct.  

FIRS !!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The haters should be here any second now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, plus sales tax only. Completely eliminate the IRS and the billions of fraudulent returns being issued.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sen. Rand Paul said the best way to fix problems with the Internal Revenue Service is to simply scrap the tax code and start from the beginning.

“The IRS is too big, too powerful, and we absolutely should scrap the code,” Mr. Paul said during a question-answer session on Facebook, The Hill reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/13/rand-paul-irs-too-big-too-powerful-and-we-should-s/#ixzz3RjnAHk7v
View Quote

View Quote

I have no problem with this
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This, plus sales tax only. Completely eliminate the IRS and the billions of fraudulent returns being issued.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

10% at the register and then the Senators shall decide if it is to be forwarded to the Federal Gov.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#10]
flat tax would fix a lot of problems with cronyism.  politicians will fight this tooth and nail.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"The IRS is too big, too powerful, and we absolutely should scrap the code,” Mr. Paul said during a question-answer session on Facebook, The Hill reported.

"Look for my tax plan later this spring,” Mr. Paul said, The Hill reported.

View Quote

View Quote
Well said, and I mean that honestly. I often wonder if the sane should engage in the tactics of the thieving FSA to just beat them at their own fucking game.  And of course finally set the country back on the right course. Desperate times can demand desperate measures.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this going to turn into another of these "ARFcom: Anyone who likes freedom is a commie" thread?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Good
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
He's right.  The 16th Amendment was never properly ratified.  Repealing it means the government will shrink.  This will free up capital that can be used to spur a rebirth of this nation.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Agreed 100% !  Federal Govt SHOULD be subservient to States; not the other way around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dot dot dot

FUCK THE IRS  and the Jug Eared Fucktard
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
No way, RP is crazy because he said some shit about immunizations.

Says so right here in GD
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#18]
one thing that will never change is our tax code. Politicians use it to reward those they like and punish those they don't.

they won't give up that kind of power

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Rand is the ONLY candidate I will vote for, we need to scrap the tax code and go to a universal flat tax.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
That idealistic. The tax code isn't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
First of all, I like Rand Paul, for a lot of reasons.

But it's easy to say, "Scrap the tax code." The difficult part is deciding how to replace it.

Any alternative plan would be more complicated, and less fair. Trust me on this. I spent an entire career designing tax forms and instructions for the IRS. We would have loved to have a simpler system.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But it's easy to say, "Scrap the tax code." The difficult part is deciding how to replace it.

Any alternative plan would be more complicated, and less fair. Trust me on this. I spent an entire career designing tax forms and instructions for the IRS. We would have loved to have a simpler system.
View Quote

I don't even know where to start with this...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

You have it backwards. The current Tax system is extremely complicated. A Flat or Fair Tax based tax system

would be extremely simple.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

10% at the register and then the Senators shall decide if it is to be forwarded to the Federal Gov.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abso-Fuckin-lutely.

10 to 15% (no more) sales tax and then Congress can negotiate with State Legislatures how much they need to run the basic enumerated powers
of the Federal government!
. (Military, postal services, treasury, patent office, etc.)

This would absolutely put power back to the states and the many people of those states.

( I have the cell number of my representative in Concord. I can't say the same thing for any other member of government, especially not in Washington...)
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please elaborate on any possible way that a new system would be more complex than the current one.

Please.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#26]
The media conglomerates will never let him win.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get rid of personal income tax.

There.  I just simplified it.

Not enough money coming in?  Spend less.  There.  I solved that problem, too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#30]
You have it backwards. The current Tax system is extremely complicated. A Flat or Fair Tax based tax system
View Quote

No, it wouldn't. Let me throw out just one consideration: How would you transition from the current system to your new system? The transitional rules and the grandfathering provisions would be a CPA's nightmare. (Actually, maybe not. Such a plan would be a "Tax Lawyers' and Accountants' Full Employment Act.")

The so-called "complications" in the current system don't involve that many people, and most of them have paid tax advisors. Besides that, the people affected wanted the complications because they tend to benefit them. The tax code is the result of balancing various economic interests, each of which lobby their elected representatives.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't agree with Rand on many things but he is right about the tax code. The only way to fix it is to scrap the IRS and go to a flat or consumption tax.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't agree with Rand on many things but he is right about the tax code. The only way to fix it is to scrap the IRS and go to a flat or consumption tax.

View Quote

I like the guy on most things including this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

A Marxist "spent an entire career designing tax forms and instructions for the IRS."

I am not surprised and this is all the more reason to do as Rand Paul suggests.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Agreed.  Flat tax or consumption tax.  No loopholes, no deductions. Pay tax on what you're paid or buy....done.  States collect and send to treasury.  Eff the IRS & BHO.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
No, it wouldn't. Let me throw out just one consideration: How would you transition from the current system to your new system? The transitional rules and the grandfathering provisions would be a CPA's nightmare. (Actually, maybe not. Such a plan would be a "Tax Lawyers' and Accountants' Full Employment Act.")

The so-called "complications" in the current system don't involve that many people, and most of them have paid tax advisors. Besides that, the people affected wanted the complications because they tend to benefit them. The tax code is the result of balancing various economic interests, each of which lobby their elected representatives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, I know firsthand there are shitloads of quite wealthy (read often politically influential) tax attorneys, teams, and firms (many of which are the very firms that control much successful lobbying on the hill) that would covertly fight this seemingly pragmatic improvement to the death.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I support any tax change that puts all Americans on equal footing . A flat tax would do that IMHO.
This graduated tax system dependent on your income level we have now is crazy.
Should we do the same thing with "rights" as well ?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
Only the fucking government could take something so goddammed complicated and make it even more complicated.
How about a simple sales tax to end users with NO exceptions. I would gladly pay 8-10% more at the register for EVERYTHING I purchase. The more people make the more they usually spend, hence they pay more taxes.
It would also capture tax on illegals and tourists spending money.
No withholding on paychecks would give everyone the perception of an immediate pay raise and stimulate the economy with increased spending on consumer goods and services.
The billions lost  in fraudulent tax returns would disappear also.
Lots of positives.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I concur with OP
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#39]
He's right , not crazy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#40]
He's right, I agree with him, and he knows as well as I do that it'll never fucking happen.

Low hanging fruit for the base to feast on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

A new year you start the new tax system. The current system is a welfare system and effects everyone and is

extremely complicated and full of threats and intemidation to the tax payer. it is not a balance in the least.

Give people 4 years to resolve past tax issues. The gov has 4 years and the people have 4 years.

Most States already collect sales tax at the register and could collect the fair tax just as easily under

a fair tax scenario.

A flat tax would be collect by the employers just as they do already.

There is nothing complicated about a change at all.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep.  National sales tax would suck.  What about farmers who might spend 300k retail to clear 25K?  You want me to pay 30k in sales tax when my

income is 25K?

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yep.  National sales tax would suck.  What about farmers who might spend 300k retail to clear 25K?  You want me to pay 30k in sales tax when my

income is 25K?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

income is 25K?

Business' do not pay taxes under the fair tax.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#44]

RIP Rand Paul's chances of becoming president.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Am I in before the people who will defend the IRS if it means they get to hate on Rand?  I'm guessing not!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fox News is going to go to town on Rand.

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch says Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan are on the top of his list for the 2016 presidential election — but that he could vote for Hillary Clinton, depending on the Republican candidate.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/04/murdoch-says-jeb-bush-paul-ryan-top-list-but-he-could-186645.html

Of the five GOP candidates Murdoch mentions in the interview, Paul was the only one to be singled-out as a potential non-starter.

Murdoch called Jeb Bush a "man of very fine character,"..

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/run-2016/2014/04/10/rupert-murdoch-cool-on-rand-paul
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Any alternative plan would be more complicated, and less fair.

View Quote
What a stupid assertion.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Broken clock
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What a stupid assertion.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a stupid assertion.  

A stupid assertion?...from the guy who is a self-proclaimed leftist progressive? Get outta town!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A stupid assertion?...from the guy who is a self-proclaimed  Marxist? Get outta town!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a stupid assertion.  

A stupid assertion?...from the guy who is a self-proclaimed  Marxist? Get outta town!

Fify
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top