Quoted:

Backbencher?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
..orders from them.

Also I would say they also need to brush up on Constitutional law and the Bill of Rights.

He was quick to tell me his rank and how I was going to violate someone's civil rights by his direction.

Backbencher?

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It looks like SUCH a rough life...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol trying being a DoD civilian employee sometime.

me: "Sir, I can't do that, it would be a violation of (this, that or the other) and it will get people fired, arrested, or injured."

CSM/COL Dickhead "I wanna talk to your supervisor!"

me: "I am the supervisor"

It looks like SUCH a rough life...

this one time, I went to work and no had made coffee yet

and someone was already sitting in my favorite chair
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Kudos to you Bama-shooter.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not embellishing anything.

Exact same uniforms I saw. http://sofrep.com/19760/hurricane-katrina-82nd-airborne/

If you want to carry this further The Pit is available to you.

ETA: I've posted this pic before. This is the location of the checkpoint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/I-10ChefMenteurHwy.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please Gove details about what you indicated...you said you saw them in the procession of civilian guns...please give details...were they set up doing traffic stops, inspections? Give us a better idea of what they were doing...city, state, activity, types of guns you could I'D...why in your opinion they had them...is this something that has been going on for a while with/without local LEO blessing...details man...

After Katrina I worked private security down there for a few months.

There was a military checkpoint at I-10 and Chef Menteur Hwy. It was manned by various military groups on different days. On one day when i was going through the military members manning it were wearing woodland BDU's, jump boots and maroon colored berets. The hummers that were parked at this location had iirc 20-30 wood stocked guns leaned up against them. Under neath the over pass was a picnic table. It had several civie long guns leaned up against it.  I have no idea how they came into possession of them. I did not know which military group they belonged to till one of our members here posted about his time in New Orleans and the pictures he posted were an exact match for the uniforms I saw that day. Also they were stationed at the airport just down the road from this location. So i'm very confident it was 82nd troops I saw.

You want to know how I know you are unsure of what you saw and are embellishing stuff?  

As far as the dumbass you encountered in the OP, he's a dumbass.  We all have plenty of them.

Exact same uniforms I saw. http://sofrep.com/19760/hurricane-katrina-82nd-airborne/

Not wearing jump boots, and no self respecting dumbass in the 82nd would wear jump boots post 1991 outside of the AAW Division Review, Division Guard guard mount, random change of commands, Class A inspections, or other ceremonies.  Feel free to be unsure of what you saw.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please Gove details about what you indicated...you said you saw them in the procession of civilian guns...please give details...were they set up doing traffic stops, inspections? Give us a better idea of what they were doing...city, state, activity, types of guns you could I'D...why in your opinion they had them...is this something that has been going on for a while with/without local LEO blessing...details man...

There was a military checkpoint at I-10 and Chef Menteur Hwy. It was manned by various military groups on different days. On one day when i was going through the military members manning it were wearing woodland BDU's, jump boots and maroon colored berets. The hummers that were parked at this location had iirc 20-30 wood stocked guns leaned up against them. Under neath the over pass was a picnic table. It had several civie long guns leaned up against it.  I have no idea how they came into possession of them. I did not know which military group they belonged to till one of our members here posted about his time in New Orleans and the pictures he posted were an exact match for the uniforms I saw that day. Also they were stationed at the airport just down the road from this location. So i'm very confident it was 82nd troops I saw.

You want to know how I know you are unsure of what you saw and are embellishing stuff?  

As far as the dumbass you encountered in the OP, he's a dumbass.  We all have plenty of them.

These are jump boots:

These are jungle boots:

Jump boots are only worn with the dress uniform. Jungle boots were worn with BDUs circa 2005.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Or it could have been something completely different.  Without any further information it's impossible to tell.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other incident I was guarding a power plant in Chalmette. One day a hummer pulled up to our guard post the man in the passenger seat  who I believe to be a major and their group was stationed at the NASA Michoud facility down the road from my location. In the back of this hummer was a dozen or more wood stocked firearms. I don't know how they came into possession of these.

Sounds like a massive violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. Are you sure you werent looking at National Guard troops? Not that it makes it better, but Id be surprised about this.

Or it could have been something completely different.  Without any further information it's impossible to tell.  

There is a video on YouTube of police and NG going door to door in NO taking weapons.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There is a video on YouTube of police and NG going door to door in NO taking weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other incident I was guarding a power plant in Chalmette. One day a hummer pulled up to our guard post the man in the passenger seat  who I believe to be a major and their group was stationed at the NASA Michoud facility down the road from my location. In the back of this hummer was a dozen or more wood stocked firearms. I don't know how they came into possession of these.

Sounds like a massive violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. Are you sure you werent looking at National Guard troops? Not that it makes it better, but Id be surprised about this.

Neither of which would be a posse comitatus violation.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Were there any repercussions, for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember one particular instance when a recently retired Colonel couldn't seem to comprehend he couldn't just tell me to do something during a test when he had no authority under the written procedure.  The conversation started with me explaining (in a nice way) why we shouldn't and wouldn't be doing what we was saying and ended up with me just saying "No, this isn't the Air Force and now this conversation is over." and walking away from him.  I don't know if it was the direct "no" or the walking away, but he lost his shit.  

Were there any repercussions, for you?

I got a promotion!  Not solely based on this, but my boss was impressed that I stood my ground.  Note, I was 100% in the right.  The guy in question was there only as an observer.  All procedures and documents placed me in charge as test director.  Like I said, I was happy to discuss process/method/data, but I wasn't going to roll over just because somebody thought he knew best.  Our group had a history of people in the job I was doing being pushed around to do things they shouldn't, and I stood my ground.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How am I suppose to know that? Guy was involved his own personal issue and had a for me somewhat common request from the rest of the public.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just told him what he wanted me to do violates the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. He was very agitated with me. His mind had shut down to being reasoned with.

Do you think he would kick my door in and confiscate my guns if he was ordered to do so? Do you think his subordinates would follow his orders to do so as well?

Ordinary citizens often request we do things that would violate the law or a persons rights. So here is a guy who had a situation effecting him personally.

His thought patterns were about resolving his issue in what I believe he saw as the most direct route but his way is not my way. I believe his military status and being use to issuing orders, those orders being followed he did not expect me to say no and then refuse his other requests with my supervisor standing right beside me.

Just so you know, I was not referring to you or your civi Leo collagues as his subordinates. Please answer my question in reference to his actual military subordinates.

How am I suppose to know that? Guy was involved his own personal issue and had a for me somewhat common request from the rest of the public.

You're not. I suppose it was more of a rhetorical question. I'm just trying to say that it sounds like this asshole would gladly stomp on our Constitutional rights if ordered to do so. Good on you for setting him straight. Well, trying to anyway.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Jump boots or boots. I know what I saw and the author of that article posted the same pics here.

I've posted the same story for going on 10 years. Feel free to research it. I did not know which troops they were till it was posted here.

I don't claim to be an expert on military uniforms or boots but those guys were very distinct from those I saw all the other days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not wearing jump boots, and no self respecting dumbass in the 82nd would wear jump boots post 1991 outside of the AAW Division Review, Division Guard guard mount, random change of commands, Class A inspections, or other ceremonies.  Feel free to be unsure of what you saw.  

Jump boots or boots. I know what I saw and the author of that article posted the same pics here.

I've posted the same story for going on 10 years. Feel free to research it. I did not know which troops they were till it was posted here.

I don't claim to be an expert on military uniforms or boots but those guys were very distinct from those I saw all the other days.

Yet you specifically mentioned jump boots in your post, and now you are admitting you have no clue what unit you saw because you "don't claim to be an expert".  You seemed sure of yourself earlier, what's the deal with the backtracking?  

I've read your story previously and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was some sort of TCP manned by 82nd folks that were policing up weapons.  Is that what you saw?  Neither you or I know.  I also wouldn't be surprised if some dudes with double As had some yokel zip tied in the back of a truck with a sand bag over his head.  

I've also read the numerous accounts from the poster you mentioned.  He's a good writer of non-fiction and was very present on the board when it came to the recent elections.  He should write a book or try to get hired by a magazine to write for them.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He wanted me to arrest people based only on his suspicions no proof of wrong doing, trespass on private property and kick in peoples doors because he believes they are smoking weed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..orders from them.

Details?

How/what civil rights did he want you to violate?

He wanted me to arrest people based only on his suspicions no proof of wrong doing, trespass on private property and kick in peoples doors because he believes they are smoking weed.

Well hell that is almost (but nothing like) what happened in my squadron

Off duty USAF SP, as a second job, became a pizza delivery driver...

Showed up to the off base house and when door opened...smelled weed took down name of the guy who ordered the pizza...

Can you say FUCK ME

I got out with an honorable, last I heard all of them general.

I had to take a piss test every month until I out processed (never an issue). I know their is another member from that squadron on this site probably reading this.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am not a legal scholar... but I figured any illegal confiscation would violate such an act.

/shrugs
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yet you specifically mentioned jump boots in your post, and now you are admitting you have no clue what unit you saw because you "don't claim to be an expert".  You seemed sure of yourself earlier, what's the deal with the backtracking?  

I've read your story previously and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was some sort of TCP manned by 82nd folks that were policing up weapons.  Is that what you saw?  Neither you or I know.  I also wouldn't be surprised if some dudes with double As had some yokel zip tied in the back of a truck with a sand bag over his head.  

I've also read the numerous accounts from the poster you mentioned.  He's a good writer of non-fiction and was very present on the board when it came to the recent elections.  He should write a book or try to get hired by a magazine to write for them.  

View Quote

Why don't you take it to the pit like he said?

You are calling him out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope to god it wasn't a WO.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Good job. Some people get drunk on authority, and go into DTs when they don't have it any more.

Quoted:

I saw what I now believe to be members of the 82nd with civilian guns leaned up against their hummers at a checkpoint location.

Also had a what I believe to be a major stop by one of the locations I was guarding with the back of his hummer full of civilian guns. They were stationed a the NASA Michoud facility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only had one other bad encounter with a military person.

I just thought it was funny how he reacted to being told no.
Didn't you see some rights violations after Katrina too?  It was quite a while back, but I remember a thread where you were talking about it.  Was it National Guardsmen?  My memory is a bit hazy on it.  

I saw what I now believe to be members of the 82nd with civilian guns leaned up against their hummers at a checkpoint location.

Also had a what I believe to be a major stop by one of the locations I was guarding with the back of his hummer full of civilian guns. They were stationed a the NASA Michoud facility.

The double A patch usually helps ID them. Hell, maybe you saw me down there too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am not a legal scholar... but I figured any illegal confiscation would violate such an act.

/shrugs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrugs

No.

Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of US Army troops to enforce law in the United States.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No.

Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of US Army troops to enforce law in the United States.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrugs

No.

So, any mass confiscation order of weapons wouldn't violate it?

Guess the Army should follow the order, as it doesn't violate the act, right?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess the reason for me calling them jump boots is how very bloused I recall them being. Not like most troops I saw on most days. I was wearing jungle boots during that time frame and  pants I believe one SF guy called 107's. Bought them at the Command Post before I arrived in New Orleans. I have never made claim to how they came into possession of those guns just what I observed on that particular day at that certain checkpoint.

View Quote

All soldiers blouse their boots. 82nd, 1st Cav, NG, etc. All the soldiers and guardsmen in NO at that time would be wearing identical uniforms, with the exception of the patch on their left shoulder and their headgear. Those are the only two visual indicators. If they had maroon berets they were 82nd. If they had the double A batch on their left shoulder they were 82nd. If they had the double A on their right shoulder then they may or may not have been in the 82nd at that exact moment. If their boots were bloused wearing BDUs then they might have been in the Army, NG, or one of the billion law enforcement agencies that was down there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
..orders from them.

View Quote

You found Napoleon Tannerite.

Call him Sir
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess the reason for me calling them jump boots is how very bloused I recall them being. Not like most troops I saw on most days. I was wearing jungle boots during that time frame and  pants I believe one SF guy called 107's. Bought them at the Command Post before I arrived in New Orleans. I have never made claim to how they came into possession of those guns just what I observed on that particular day at that certain checkpoint.

All soldiers blouse their boots. 82nd, 1st Cav, NG, etc. All the soldiers and guardsmen in NO at that time would be wearing identical uniforms, with the exception of the patch on their left shoulder and their headgear. Those are the only two visual indicators. If they had maroon berets they were 82nd. If they had the double A batch on their left shoulder they were 82nd. If they had the double A on their right shoulder then they may or may not have been in the 82nd at that exact moment. If their boots were bloused wearing BDUs then they might have been in the Army, NG, or one of the billion law enforcement agencies that was down there.

Hey, I'm just spitting facts. If the had the headgear then it was 82nd. It wouldn't shock me. Plenty of mil/gov/leo claim to love liberty and freedom but don't really know what it means. It wasn't me nor anyone I know about and I don't condone wrongful confiscation of arms. No one I know received an order or guidance to confiscate weapons. 99% of my briefs were on the stuff we couldn't do. All I'm saying is that all the other shit about bloused boots and BDUs and everything else is irrelevent.

ETA: I doesn't surprise me that an officer would try to have you search a soldier's house. On one occasion, I've had to advise an officer that searching offpost housing wasn't legal, and on another occassion had to advise my Platoon Sergeant and First Sergeant the same. Not to mention how many times I've had to cite the 2011 NDAA in regards to Personally Owned Weapons kept offpost. This kind of thing comes up a lot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..orders from them.

Details?

Well?

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrugs

No.

its not murder or drug dealing either, those are complete unrelated statutes as well.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#32]
so that Army officer was upset he couldn't order you around?

it's just like when the Sergeant was brow-beating the PFC to hurry up and re-up since his hitch was almost up.

PFC: "No use, Sarge. In a couple of days, I'm gonna pull rank on you."

SGT: "What do you mean--what the hell you talking about? I've been in this man's Army for 28 years!"

PFC: "With my Form 214 in my mitts, I'll be a CIVILIAN and outrank YOU!"

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

iirc that is without the proper documents being signed.

US military has been deployed many times inside the CONUS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not really accurate.

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrugs

No.

In law enforcement roles? Guard, sure, not AD. They can be there alongside just not participate. The AD military takes posse Comitatus very seriously. Any aD you saw was, in all likelihood, there in a supporting role.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrugs

No.

Mass confiscation of weapons doesn't violate Posse Comitatus, unless it is AD soldiers doing it. National Guard can do it in their law enforcement roles.

It does, however, violate the shit out of the Constitution and the oaths taken by all military, AD or Guard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is another one of those splitting hairs deal. Cross the T's and dot the I's they can deploy.

All manner of military active, reserve and MG were in New Orleans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really accurate.

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

This is another one of those splitting hairs deal. Cross the T's and dot the I's they can deploy.

All manner of military active, reserve and MG were in New Orleans.

Not in order to enforce the law, unless Congress authorizes it or it's a Constitutionally authorized function already.

And no, it really isn't splitting hairs.  My guess as to why they may have been there is to provide disaster relief, which is not prohibited.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Should have told him to get out of there and don't come back until he has his reflective belt.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:57:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

..orders from them.

Details?

shoulda went for it

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

Why did a hooker have a car?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, there's always "that guy" and a good opportunity to throw this down:

<a href="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/familyman357/media/ohyoureinthearmy_zpsa695f369.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/familyman357/ohyoureinthearmy_zpsa695f369.jpg</a>

Shall I tell you the story of the two Marines that  beat up a hooker then set her car on fire?

Seems there was a payment dispute.

Obviously they fixed her car, and she refused to pay them for their services. They got mad and "unfixed" her car.
She should have just paid them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Obviously they fixed her car, and she refused to pay them for their services. They got mad and "unfixed" her car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/familyman357/media/ohyoureinthearmy_zpsa695f369.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/familyman357/ohyoureinthearmy_zpsa695f369.jpg</a>

Shall I tell you the story of the two Marines that  beat up a hooker then set her car on fire?

Seems there was a payment dispute.

She must not have thanked them for their service.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In order not to violate policy I have to be careful about what I post about certain things I become involved in so I have be vague on certain details let's just say there is a history here and not all the players are wearing white.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) Supreme Court says you can knock on druggy's door -- It's not trespassing.
2) If you smell pot coming from the residence or see evidence of use in plain site, you don't need a warrant.

Supreme Court Upholds Exigent-Circumstances Search of Apartment that Smelled of Pot

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/supreme_court_upholds_exigent-circumstances_search_of_apartment_that_smelle/
From what I understand of Bama's situation, the guy wanted Bama to kick down the door based off the Army guy's word.  

My opinion of what should be done in cases like this.

1) Citizen complains about illegal activity.
2) Officer responds takes citizens complaint and forms a plan. Turn it over to Narco squad or investigate it himself.
3) If it just a recreational user nuisance case, knock on alleged offenders door and ask questions. If alleged perp refuses to answer, 'well I tried'. If alleged perp opens door and you smell drugs, you have US Supreme Court sanctioned probable cause and NO warrant is required.
4) Citizen is satisfied that the law was upheld and some investigative action was taken.

In this case, the complainant was ignored, mocked, and belittled for being a US military officer who wanted law breakers arrested and the alleged offender was protected from possible arrest. Just my 2 cents.

In order not to violate policy I have to be careful about what I post about certain things I become involved in so I have be vague on certain details let's just say there is a history here and not all the players are wearing white.

Was the suspected user military as well, or just some random neighbor of said asshat Major?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:That's pretty funny! Lee Harvey Oswald was a Marine.
View Quote

Marines are good at killing...though not always at killing the right people.  So yeah, every once in awhile one of us kills a president or a war hero.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

lots of military guys on here would like to tell you no.  but i'm guessing the real answer is yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrest on a hunch? Lol, no. Tresspass private property to investigate said hunch? He needs more than that. Kick in a door based on his known credibility and basis of knowledge? Not unless you have enough to get a warrant and can define some clear exigency.

Please tell me you went into detail with him.

I just told him what he wanted me to do violates the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. He was very agitated with me. His mind had shut down to being reasoned with.

Do you think he would kick my door in and confiscate my guns if he was ordered to do so? Do you think his subordinates would follow his orders to do so as well?

lots of military guys on here would like to tell you no.  but i'm guessing the real answer is yes.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..orders from them.

Details?

What's his screen name?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have stated the same observations from that day for 10 years. I have zero doubts its was the 82nd, what they were doing? I don't know.

What I find interesting is that after 10 years very few own up to what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I'm just spitting facts. If the had the headgear then it was 82nd. It wouldn't shock me. Plenty of mil/gov/leo claim to love liberty and freedom but don't really know what it means. It wasn't me nor anyone I know about and I don't condone wrongful confiscation of arms. No one I know received an order or guidance to confiscate weapons. 99% of my briefs were on the stuff we couldn't do. All I'm saying is that all the other shit about bloused boots and BDUs and everything else is irrelevent.

ETA: I doesn't surprise me that an officer would try to have you search a soldier's house. On one occasion, I've had to advise an officer that searching offpost housing wasn't legal, and on another occassion had to advise my Platoon Sergeant and First Sergeant the same. Not to mention how many times I've had to cite the 2011 NDAA in regards to Personally Owned Weapons kept offpost. This kind of thing comes up a lot.

I have stated the same observations from that day for 10 years. I have zero doubts its was the 82nd, what they were doing? I don't know.

What I find interesting is that after 10 years very few own up to what happened.

Interesting that the tiny number of soldiers who might have broke the law aren't posting about it on arfcom?

Who exactly is supposed to own up to it?

What would they be owning upto, since you yourself even said you don't know what they were doing or how they got the guns?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Isolated incident.
View Quote

As stated before, #thingreenline.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's pretty funny! Lee Harvey Oswald was a Marine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty funny! Lee Harvey Oswald was a Marine.

And William Calley was a soldier.

Just goes to show what one motivated Marine with a rifle can do.

(Actually, Oswald gets disowned as an "ex-Marine".)
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top