Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
We had a guy, who through a long series of hillarious events, came back with a jar of stale Mt Dew that had actually been fully tested by NDI.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Grid Squares
Blinker Fluid
Muzzle Break Fluid
Azimuth Alignment Device
Breach Plug
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Chemlight batteries
Can of track tension
Keys to the motorpool
Batteries for a Prick E-7 or E-8, depending on who you sent him to.
Spare can of squelch for the Prick-77
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
J
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some guys in my platoon got a new private to tell Top we needed a prick E-8 that didn't work that we could use for training. Many pushups were done that day -by everyone.

I never fell for any pranks, but the opposite happened. i refused to get something we actually needed because I thought it was a prank. There's a tool commonly called a dog bone' used for compressing road arms. The mechanic working on our vehicle asked me to get one for him, and I was like "I ain't asking the tool-room guy for a fuckin' dog bone".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those that remember the old radios...PRC-77. They were called "Prick 77's"

Young E-2 was told to go to "Top" and ask him for a "Prick E-8 battery"

Fun was had

Some guys in my platoon got a new private to tell Top we needed a prick E-8 that didn't work that we could use for training. Many pushups were done that day -by everyone.

I never fell for any pranks, but the opposite happened. i refused to get something we actually needed because I thought it was a prank. There's a tool commonly called a dog bone' used for compressing road arms. The mechanic working on our vehicle asked me to get one for him, and I was like "I ain't asking the tool-room guy for a fuckin' dog bone".

Ha,  similar thing happened to me. I did a brief stint in a "Delta platoon" (that's the TOW missiles) and some guys asked me to see if we could borrow some "donkey dicks" from another platoon. I was like, "sorry guys, I'm not dumb enough to fall for your stupid pranks. I may be a young LT but I ain't stupid".

Donkey dicks are the nozzle you put on the fuel cans. So my guys tried to pour fuel in the vehicles with a makeshift coke can funnel. Spilled fuel all over the place. First sergeant was pissed.

Oops.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Tell him that he needs to get 50 feet of flightline next!

And then he will need to fill out the ID10T form!
View Quote
My proudest moment, as a contractor, was having the Watch Officer (Female LT) fill out an ID10T form

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Have to change out the TC's hatch on a 113, start un-screwing......
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
When I first reported to my first duty station when I was in the Navy I was sent to find a bucket of steam and 50 feet of gig-line. This was just after morning muster mind you so it was around 0830. So off I went in search of a bucket of steam and 50 feet of gig-line.

I didn't show back up until 1530; a half hour before quitting time. My chief was ready to rip me a new asshole because I was gone all day. So I told the chief that I went to Radio, who sent me to administration, who sent me to the Bosun's locker, who sent me to engineering, who sent me to the ship across the pier, who sent me to another ship, and so on and so on and so on. Then with as much sincerity as I could muster I apologized to the chief for not being able to complete my task. The look on his face was priceless, the poor bastard was wracked with guilt thinking that I had walked all over Charleston Naval base looking for this stuff.

Months later we were deployed and one evening during watch a bunch of us were cutting up and they decided to pick on me. They went on and on for a few minuted about how I walked all over the damn base looking for a bucket of steam and and 50 feet of gig-line. I just smiled with the biggest dumb ass looking grin I could muster.

What those poor bastards didn't know was that I actually spent that fateful day not looking for buckets of steam of gig-line, but enjoying a leisurely breakfast at McDonalds, followed by a half dozen games or so of bowling, lunch, working out at the gym, and pricing new cars. I still smile to myself every time I think about that day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
       He should have "Message to Garcia'd"

What is A Message to Garcia you ask?

A Message to Garcia is a book written byElbert Hubbard, and it is a book on the Commandant's reading list (Marines)
http://www.oneinhundred.com/upfiles/upimg3/Hardcover-pocket-gift-book-A-M-5771383.jpg

Basically is a book about some guy who is told to go find some guy and deliver a message.  It's so riveting...because you don't know if he ever found the guy or delivered the message....

So when you tell a Boot to go find someone or something and they ask "what is that/who is that and where are they", you tell them "Boot! [knife hand], Message to Garcia!"

Because you probably don't know who you're looking for and/or know where they are also

View Quote

The corollary of "A Message to Garcia" is "Don't Question How The Message Was Delivered", but ain't nobody got no time to read that book.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fun was had
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fun was had

I did that as a young private once and asked him for the keys to the training area in the same sentence. The look on tops face was priceless , plus the grid squares, asking the motorpool guys for collimeter fluid, 100 mph tape, I also had to hump 2 155mm (one on each shoulder) 2 clicks through the woods so our butter bar could "register" them (autograph it )

Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a contractor, I work in a joint .mil shop (did 9 yrs in the Army).

Airman snuffy has about 5 min time in service in the Air Force, and Sgt old School tells snuffy to go get some grid squares.
Snuffy asks, "so what are those?"
Sgt says "well, we use them when we want to be really precise in our location"
Snuffy "oh ok"
So we send him all over the place "yeah I think joe blow over there in that shop has some grid squares, yadda yadda yadda"
The whole building was in on it.
So, I got in to work last night and ask airman snuffy if he found his grid squares....

Snuffy deadpans and says: "I do not appreciate being hazed, that is borderline hazing"

So I try to explain to snuffy about critical thinking skills and determining if you have  a bullshit order, which you will have in your career...
snuffy: "no, it is hazing"
me: speechless
yeah_ok.gif

What the hell is happening to the .mil? Is this the new Obama .mil or what?

I didn't mind when I was banging a wrench on the side of my 113 checking the armor for soft spots

I did that too with a breaker bar. (big ass 5 or 6 foot crowbar)
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a cousin at the Citadel.

He complained of being tired and sleep deprived in class.

I asked him, if he could just drop and do some pushups between classes to get the blood flowing and wake up.

He said he could not, as that would be Self-Hazing

The citadel is either no longer a military academy, OR it is now more 'military' than the actual military
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sent lower enlisted to the supply room for a 'case of hydrostatic locks' and a gallon of the special 'yellow and black' paint so he could redo the safety lines around equipment.  Of course the supply SGT was in on the whole thing!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I never understood why this is funny.

Oh, they tried it on me when I was a PVT. One morning I as sent to find grid squares or something equally non-existent. I knew better.

So I went back to my room and took a nap. Then went to chow and back to my room for another nap. I was playing some pool in the dayroom when the 1SG asked me what the hell I was doing playing pool durning duty hours. I told him what I was looking for.

He told me to un-ass the AO so I toddled back to the motor pool about 15:00.

My section Sgt was like, "Where the hell have you been all day?"

I was like "Those grid squares, couldn't find any. Need me to look for anything else?"

He was pissed but the Motor Sgt thought it was funny.

I just don't get it.
View Quote

After like 2 years in, my E5 squad leader tried pulling the PRC77 shit on me during 3 week AT one summer.  I went up to our 1SG who was hanging out in a lounge chair with our CO and a few other NCO's.  Top asks what I need, I said "I need a Prick E8 top!"  He goes, "what'd you say??????"  
I told him Sgt. told me to go fetch a Prick E8 and that I knew what was going on......so we should fuck with him back.

I go back to tent and tell E5 that I couldn't find anything but the CO wanted him real quick.  He was kinda confused but went to see them.  About 10mins later, he comes back with a red face and is like, "Dude, WHAT TEH FUCK?!?!?!?  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU KNEW ABOUT THAT TRICK?!?!???????"  I just smiled and was like, "Oh, sorry....I was just doing what you asked."

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
J
Ha,  similar thing happened to me. I did a brief stint in a "Delta platoon" (that's the TOW missiles) and some guys asked me to see if we could borrow some "donkey dicks" from another platoon. I was like, "sorry guys, I'm not dumb enough to fall for your stupid pranks. I may be a young LT but I ain't stupid".

Donkey dicks are the nozzle you put on the fuel cans. So my guys tried to pour fuel in the vehicles with a makeshift coke can funnel. Spilled fuel all over the place. First sergeant was pissed.

Oops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
J
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fun was had

Oops.

I could so see my response to that: "Why do we need concrete vibrators?"
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#15]
In Armor we would send the FNG for the key to the turret lock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Arty battery on LZ San Juan Hill in 'Nam.  We were digging for a new bunker and encountered a huge rock.

Sent a new guy to find some Muzzle Blast.  Placed C4 while he was looking.

One of the gun crews gave him a quart of hydraulic fluid which we poured over the C4.

Worked like a charm and I don't think he ever had a clue.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#17]
They tried that shit on me.  I got a box and cut up a map along the grid lines and handed it to the asshat E-5 who sent me on my errand.

I started military school in the 5th grade and dad was a bird colonel at the time (and a Citadel grad himself).  I learned about hazing and dirty tricks from professionals prior to going on active duty.  

Nice try asshat. Spec-4 mafia rules!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very similar to the construction industry. I know a guy whose business is old-school repairs to homes in historical districts, where the appearance needs to be as period-authentic as possible.

He had a job replacing all the window sash ropes in a house with chain. He also had a helper who was a whiny, lazy, pain in the ass.

They were taking the windows apart one morning and the helper wouldn't stop complaining. Parking's hard around here. I hate vacuuming up all the dirt while we're working. They oughta just let 'em put new windows in.

So they pulled a window apart, and Bob says, "Oh, look, this is wrong. The put a short weight in this one. I need you to go to the hardware store and ask them for a long weight".

The kid leaves, Bob calls down to the store, where his buddy works.

When the kid gets there, he tells the counter guy, "I work for XX Renovation, and I'm here for a long weight".

The guy tells him, "Okay, but you might want to have a seat, it might take a while".   LOL

The kid figured it out an hour later........
View Quote

So you humiliated him instead of teaching and mentoring him?

You sound like half the guys I used to work construction with until I figured out how to make money with my brain instead of my back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Kinda like the ubiquitous "donkey dick".  Not only was is a real tool, so many tools earned that nickname that the tool room guy would ask which one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda like the ubiquitous "donkey dick".  Not only was is a real tool, so many tools earned that nickname that the tool room guy would ask which one.

What tools did you guys call donkey dicks? We call drift pins "donkey dicks" (the size and shape is what I would guess is comparable...) where I work (not .mil).

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#23]
My favorite when I was a Squad Leader was sending one of our guys to the Company Gunny for an Asbestos suit because he was pulling targets(aka butts) on the flame thrower range. Company guns just smiled and put his hand on his shoulder and said it would be ok.

I also heard a boot from our Assault Section go to Weapons Platoon's Plt. Sgt asking for a BFA for the SMAW. Then the Plt. Sgt went off on him and I lost my shit.

Still need a box of batteries for the TA-1 field phone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Airman Snuffy is going to have a lot of fun for the rest of his (hopefully short) Air Farce career.

https://carryingthegun.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/gridsquaresbox.jpg
View Quote

Nope. Jackholes like him will make Chief.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Go to supply and get a case of NSU and left hand shifters for a squad stove.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#26]
We usually sent new guys that had slow run times to one particular E6 to ask for advice. We told the FNG that the E6s wife was a marathon runner and might be able to give him some advice. When he did the E6 would say something like "WTF PRIVATE!!! MY WIFE IS IN A WHEELCHAIR!!!! YOU THINK THAT SHIT IS FUNNY??!??!? FUCKING PUSH!!!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top