Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2015 4:25:59 PM EDT
Going to be building a .300 blk pistol soon.  Planning on keeping it simple with irons for now, so got to looking at some of the different options for iron sights.  Just as a "why not", decided to try out some HK style sights this time around.  

Bought some sights from RTG and they came in yesterday. Slapped them on the fun gun 7.5" 5.56 just to test them out.  I think they're going to work out just fine.

Anyone else using them?  (I know at least one guy here is, because his picture was inspiration for trying them out).

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually prefer the HK style front site to the A2. Never used the rear diopter sight.

Should be good to go!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a set of SIG rifle sights (which are basically the same deal) on my 9mm AR.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a set on a 10-22 (yeah I know not an AR), darn things are accurate and a lot sturdier than normal sights.
Should work well on an AR.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a set of SIG rifle sights (which are basically the same deal) on my 9mm AR.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dcloudy777/media/ef5ed891-b08e-4719-b960-c8b87c01b65b_zps83cdd593.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/dcloudy777/ef5ed891-b08e-4719-b960-c8b87c01b65b_zps83cdd593.jpg</a>
View Quote

Is ur sight backwards bro?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I like them. Wish I had the bucks to put them on all my ARs
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
any idea who the best mfgr or supplier is for these types of sites that rail mount ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I actually prefer the HK style front site to the A2. Never used the rear diopter sight.
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a set. I didnt like the V notch rear sight, and I felt like they were hard to zero since the windage adjustment didnt have traditional "clicks"

I traded them for a set of DD A1.5 sights and couldnt be happier with them.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, more natural to my eye.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#11]
do want
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a set. I didnt like the V notch rear sight, and I felt like they were hard to zero since the windage adjustment didnt have traditional "clicks"

I traded them for a set of DD A1.5 sights and couldnt be happier with them.

YMMV
View Quote

I have the DD fixed rear on my Dissipator and I'm a big fan of it.  

Just wanted to try out something different this time.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I owned a PTR91 (G3 clone) for a short while and one of the things I did like about it was HK style irons.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
As long as it is the type of sight where the rear is adjusted for both windage and elevation.  For those that don't know, the beauty of the HK sights is that the V on the one setting is supposed to hold tangent to the circle on the front sight.  It gives fairly good visibility for close range work, and the eye does a great job at nesting that front sight into the V on the rear sight.

If you have a front sight that is adjustable for elevation like AKs and typical ARs, it moves the front post out of alignment with that V-notch and front ring.

Same can be said about rotating the rear notch to one of the peephole options.

I sold my HK style Troy sights because the front sight was the thing that was adjustable for elevation for those reasons.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As long as it is the type of sight where the rear is adjusted for both windage and elevation.  For those that don't know, the beauty of the HK sights is that the V on the one setting is supposed to hold tangent to the circle on the front sight.  It gives fairly good visibility for close range work, and the eye does a great job at nesting that front sight into the V on the rear sight.

If you have a front sight that is adjustable for elevation like AKs and typical ARs, it moves the front post out of alignment with that V-notch and front ring.

Same can be said about rotating the rear notch to one of the peephole options.

I sold my HK style Troy sights because the front sight was the thing that was adjustable for elevation for those reasons.
View Quote

Came to post this.  MUST be authentic styled or useless.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dcloudy777/media/ef5ed891-b08e-4719-b960-c8b87c01b65b_zps83cdd593.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/dcloudy777/ef5ed891-b08e-4719-b960-c8b87c01b65b_zps83cdd593.jpg</a>

No, the rest of the gun is just turned the wrong way.  

That pic was right after the SBR stamp came back, I just slapped everything together and wasn't paying attention.  I've tweaked a lot of things on the gun since then (and put the sight on correctly).
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As long as it is the type of sight where the rear is adjusted for both windage and elevation.
View Quote

It is.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That pic was right after the SBR stamp came back, I just slapped everything together and wasn't paying attention.  I've tweaked a lot of things on the gun since then (and put the sight on correctly).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate when my guns face the wrong way especially when the boolits come out
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't care for the HK style rear sights.  Front sights I'm indifferent about.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as it is the type of sight where the rear is adjusted for both windage and elevation.

It is.

Then helllll yesss.  :)

I machined a pair of needle nose pliers with a dremel in order to make a sight adjustment tool.  No way I was going to spend $40+ on the adjustment tool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Going to be building a .300 blk pistol soon.  Planning on keeping it simple with irons for now, so got to looking at some of the different options for iron sights.  Just as a "why not", decided to try out some HK style sights this time around.  

Bought some sights from RTG and they came in yesterday. Slapped them on the fun gun 7.5" 5.56 just to test them out.  I think they're going to work out just fine.

Anyone else using them?  (I know at least one guy here is, because his picture was inspiration for trying them out).

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag79/Texans3gs/340ADE24-73E9-4CB3-9CD1-E0684B8CFD4B_zps4s1zfa80.jpg
View Quote

I'd like to try them some day i saw brownells has an hk style flip up. I was thinking about trying my AR has an A2 FSB and I couldn't imagine theyd work well together.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Currently running a rear diopter and front A2, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it much.  At this point I'm leaning towards going back to a carry handle, but I want to shoot it a little more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I like em on my GSG-5 but IDK if id like em on an AR

Depends on how well they work with the Blitzkrieg Comp chevron front post
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I like them a lot when paired with an eotech.  When looking over the rear sight, the eotech doughnut nests perfectly in the front aperature.  I have the setup on my 12.5".   They are strictly backup sights.  Not sure how I would like them as primaries.

Great way to get consistent repeatable holds...with the eotech.  Even thought they say there is no parallax in red dots....there is to some degree.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Thats why I initially wanted for my pistol build but couldnt find any that were reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Had them. Didn't like them. Sold them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I like red dot myself. Even put one on my 12 gage.
Nice looking pistol OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Have front and rear set on a SBR and a front style on a few other rifles.

Once you get used to them they are great.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thats why I initially wanted for my pistol build but couldnt find any that were reasonably priced.
View Quote

$130 for the set.  Thought that was pretty damn reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Had them. Didn't like them. Sold them.
View Quote

That's one great thing about AR accessories.  Buy it, try it.  If you don't like it you can get most of your money back by selling again.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Me too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Me three.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I've never even looked through one but I think I'd like it.

I already like aperture sights in general.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Prototype from one of the many AR companies out there that never went into production. Pretty cool little piece I ended up with.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've never even looked through one but I think I'd like it.

I already like aperture sights in general.
View Quote

I'd looked through them and shot a little with them before, but that was about it.  Never owned anything with the drum diopter set up.

Still haven't bought the gun these will eventually be going on, but I might take the pistol they sit on now to the range and try to get used to them.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I machined a pair of needle nose pliers with a dremel in order to make a sight adjustment tool.  No way I was going to spend $40+ on the adjustment tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is.

$28.95 (+S/H)
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a set of 416s on one of my XCRs...they are ...if had it to do over again, would get another pair of Troy Micros.

IDK about an AR...seems like would be out of place.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

$28
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is.

$28

"Currently Out of Stock"

And was for 3 months while I was looking before I machined my crappy $4 pliers that had been used by some idiot to torque something and would never fit right again.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck that shit. I do not even like HK sights on HKs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Line the hole to the hole. I find it pretty intuitive.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#40]
When using the larger MP5 style large aperture on the drum ( where you essentially have a circle in circle ) I thinks its great .   When you use the smaller diameter or the v I don't really see a big advantage

I only use them now on my shorty. Generally use them as primary sight .  The Aimpoint was just for picture

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Currently Out of Stock"

And was for 3 months while I was looking before I machined my crappy $4 pliers that had been used by some idiot to torque something and would never fit right again.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is.

$28

"Currently Out of Stock"

I adjust mine with a pair of hemostats.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'd like to try them some day i saw brownells has an hk style flip up. I was thinking about trying my AR has an A2 FSB and I couldn't imagine theyd work well together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag79/Texans3gs/340ADE24-73E9-4CB3-9CD1-E0684B8CFD4B_zps4s1zfa80.jpg

This Brownells sight? I really like them. I have them on my 5.56 and 7.62 x51 AR's each with the A2 FSB, although they say it's calibrated for the 5.56 62 grain bullet.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Weird glitch in the matrix, apparently.  Thread says Paul is the last post, but the last post I see in the thread is by slimslade.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Weird glitch in the matrix, apparently.  Thread says Paul is the last post, but the last post I see in the thread is by slimslade.  

View Quote

It was acting funky in my subscriptions also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My OCD was starting to act up.  Couldn't clear my subscriptions as all read.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Link
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
any idea who the best mfgr or supplier is for these types of sites that rail mount ?
View Quote

Right above this post is a link for the set I picked up from RTG for $130.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I like those a lot OP and when I'm back in a buying mode I think I may get some of them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

That looks fun!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top