Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there is a big difference between talking shit between perceived fan base stereotypes and personal attacks.

Gators sure as shit better expect talk about jorts and Hernandez. Aggies about 3/4 of a game and found championship. Auburn about buying players. Vols and Bama about trailers and lack of genetic diversity. Seminoles/canes about criminoles.

You're new here, so; as the only regular gator posting (nova used to post more), over the past couple seasons, you better fucking believe I've got thick skin because of my teams shit show. As a new guy you would have seen me roll with it hundreds of times already. But larryg wasnt talking shit on the gators. He asked half a dozen times specifically why my blackass carred about football. I don't know what his issue is with Jamaica.

I can take Sports shit talking, all day long. Thinly vieled personal racial jabs, not as much. I could only take his shit for about a month on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a few pages late, but how is him cracking a joke (even though it was an innocent joke) and different from your constant knocks last night against Bama fans?  Should I get all butthurt and offended like you currently are and start screaming about you slandering my "ethnic background"?

If you can't take it, don't dish it.
there is a big difference between talking shit between perceived fan base stereotypes and personal attacks.

Gators sure as shit better expect talk about jorts and Hernandez. Aggies about 3/4 of a game and found championship. Auburn about buying players. Vols and Bama about trailers and lack of genetic diversity. Seminoles/canes about criminoles.

You're new here, so; as the only regular gator posting (nova used to post more), over the past couple seasons, you better fucking believe I've got thick skin because of my teams shit show. As a new guy you would have seen me roll with it hundreds of times already. But larryg wasnt talking shit on the gators. He asked half a dozen times specifically why my blackass carred about football. I don't know what his issue is with Jamaica.

I can take Sports shit talking, all day long. Thinly vieled personal racial jabs, not as much. I could only take his shit for about a month on that.

Actually I'm not new here.  I've posted in these threads the past 6 seasons.  A shitload of people put random countries under their avatars and there are jokes every day on this site about it.  Until you pulled the race card I  had no way of knowing you are black or jamaican and I'd assume he didn't either.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good God.  Only one player at Bama has a Heisman and that was Mark Ingram in 2009.

That's really a stretch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Top 6 Running Backs (and only P5 in top 10)

Rushing:

Derrick Henry 1797 on 295 attempts (6.1 average)

Leonard Fournette has 1741 on 271 attempts (6.4 average)

Royce Freeman has 1706 on 257 attempts (6.6 average)

Ezekiel Elliott has 1672 on 262 attempts (6.4 average)

Dalvin Cook has 1658 on 211 attempts (7.9 average)

Christian McCaffrey has 1640 on 287 attempts (5.7 average)

Receiving:

Henry 10 for 97 yards

Fournette 18 for 209 yards

Freeman 24 for 325 yards

Elliott 26 for 176

Cook 22 for 218

McCaffrey 37 for 435

I don't think it's really all that clear that Derrick Henry is the best running back in his division of his conference, let alone the best player in NCAAF.

All he can hang his hat on is having a couple more touchdowns and a few dozen more yards than Fournette in the rushing department.  Fournette played 2 less games (Cook also played 2 less games).

McCaffrey is also the #5 kick returner by average yards per return (29.7), #4 by total yards (922)...

McCaffrey's stats look like an anomaly. (passing TDs, set ncaa ALL-TIME all purpose yards record set by some bum named Barry Sanders)

Henry's look like a top 5 running back who played an extra couple of games.

If Henry wins the Heisman they should rename it to the "Best Back on Bama" award...

Good God.  Only one player at Bama has a Heisman and that was Mark Ingram in 2009.

That's really a stretch.

2009 1st place: Ingram

2011 3rd place: Richardson

2013 2nd place: McCarron

2014 3rd place: Cooper

2015 1st place: Henry?

The point is that a lot of people want the award to go to the best player on the regular season's perceived best team.

There's a lot of people outside Roll Tidestan who don't think the most "outstanding player" is the guy whose stats are very similar to many other backs with the exception that he got the ball more.

Look at just other running backs against common opponents:

vs. Florida (#23 rushing defense in FBS (yards per attempt))

Cook - 26 attempts for 183 yards (7.0 ypc)

Fournette - 31 attempts for 180 yards (5.8 ypc)

Henry - 44 attempts for 189 yards (4.3 ypc)

vs. Auburn (#92 rushing defense in FBS)

Fournette - 19 attempts for 228 yards (12.0 ypc) meh

Henry - 46 attempts for 271 yards (5.9 ypc)  Heisman locked up according to pundits

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Silly clemson fans. All these people show up and there wasn't even any game played
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ESPN had the game stats posted, I just figured they'd automatically had them added to the season stats...apparently someone manually does it, no wonder they laid off so many people.  I'm going to recommend spreadsheets and formulas to help them with the stats.  
Henry 1986 yards on 339 carries (5.858 average), 97 receiving yards for a total of 2083 yards
McCaf 1847 yards on 319 carries (5.789 average), 540 receiving yards for a total of 2387 yards

Henry is almost certainly the best running back on his team though.

I wouldn't average kick return yards because that's stupid but he now averages 6th best in kickoff returns ans 2nd most for yardage on kickoff returns
He has also passed for a couple of touchdowns.

Henry has more touchdowns (23 rushing) than McCaffrey who has 8 rushing, 2 passing, 1 kickoff return, 4 receiving (15 total).
Henry accounts for 23 of Alabama's 28 rushing touchdowns
McCaf accounts for 8 of Stanford's 32 rushing touchdowns

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>  

Your stats for Henry don't include last night's numbers, so it's really one extra game.  Those couple TDs count.  And I'd guess the big argument for Henry is that Bama likely isn't 12-1 without him.

ETA: I missed the last part, but your right, since so many Bama RBs have won Heismans over the years and all.
ESPN had the game stats posted, I just figured they'd automatically had them added to the season stats...apparently someone manually does it, no wonder they laid off so many people.  I'm going to recommend spreadsheets and formulas to help them with the stats.  
Henry 1986 yards on 339 carries (5.858 average), 97 receiving yards for a total of 2083 yards
McCaf 1847 yards on 319 carries (5.789 average), 540 receiving yards for a total of 2387 yards

Henry is almost certainly the best running back on his team though.

I wouldn't average kick return yards because that's stupid but he now averages 6th best in kickoff returns ans 2nd most for yardage on kickoff returns
He has also passed for a couple of touchdowns.

Henry has more touchdowns (23 rushing) than McCaffrey who has 8 rushing, 2 passing, 1 kickoff return, 4 receiving (15 total).
Henry accounts for 23 of Alabama's 28 rushing touchdowns
McCaf accounts for 8 of Stanford's 32 rushing touchdowns

I'd say McCaffery is certainly deserving.  That doesn't mean Henry isn't.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I couldn't believe it wham I saw it. I see he is apologizing this morning for acting like an ass to college football royalty last night.

http://youtu.be/INM1H77yors
View Quote

he apologized after reading tweets about himself being a douchebag

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I honestly do not care who wins the NC at this point, but I do want to see OU/Bama, so for that to happen they both have to win. So...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this pains me to say, but ... Go Sooners!

I honestly do not care who wins the NC at this point, but I do want to see OU/Bama, so for that to happen they both have to win. So...

I think that's a matchup everyone wants to see.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except Bama fans  
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I really hope FSU doesn't get matched up with Houston in the Peach Bowl
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

We'll know shortly (4:00 PM Eastern)
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Except Bama fans  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except Bama fans  

We want to see it too lol.  Only way we'll shut up the haters this season.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its actually 3pm our time, I really hope we get Iowa, they have a fan base that travels well and are supposed to be super nice.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The Heisman has turned into the best QB award with an occasional RB when there isn't a great QB playing on one of the maquis teams.

Clemson just isn't Bama, OU, Texas, Mich, USC, ND ect. If they were, Watson would be the frontrunner. This is a popularity contest too.

My personal opinion is that Fournette accomplished the most with the least. Everyone knew that he was getting the ball. Bama has a lot more options than just Henry.

If Henry wins, he will have deserved it though. He is going to be someone we watch play a long time if he stays healthy.

View Quote

Henry will win it.  My biased opinion says it should be Baker-Mayfield.  My unbiased opinions says it should be McCaffrey.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
I really hope OSU doesn't get matched up with Houston in the Fiesta Bowl.

You guys got fucked with NIU a few years ago but man...I hope it happens again.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Henry will win it.  My biased opinion says it should be Baker-Mayfield.  My unbiased opinions says it should be McCaffrey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Heisman has turned into the best QB award with an occasional RB when there isn't a great QB playing on one of the maquis teams.

Clemson just isn't Bama, OU, Texas, Mich, USC, ND ect. If they were, Watson would be the frontrunner. This is a popularity contest too.

My personal opinion is that Fournette accomplished the most with the least. Everyone knew that he was getting the ball. Bama has a lot more options than just Henry.

If Henry wins, he will have deserved it though. He is going to be someone we watch play a long time if he stays healthy.

Pretty much this.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually I'm not new here.  I've posted in these threads the past 6 seasons.  A shitload of people put random countries under their avatars and there are jokes every day on this site about it.  Until you pulled the race card I  had no way of knowing you are black or jamaican and I'd assume he didn't either.
View Quote

If you're not new to these threads, then you know that people talk shit about fanbases; not individuals. You would also know the countries flags jokes is about the folks flying the Somalian flags. This dude was fixated on the Jamaica thing. Even AFTER I told him my family and I were from there. So even after he knew, he kept it up. I'm over it, certain behavior is expected on this site. If I had that much of an issue of it, I would have stopped posting here long ago. Someone outs themselves, you move on. I'm sorry that after half a dozen posts of his, directed at me personally and my background; I finally said something to address it.  Jesus fucking christ, it's over.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I think Bama really lucked out, they match up very well with MSU.  I think Oklahoma and Alabama meet in the championship game and OU wins it all barring some crazy injuries (mayfield, etc).
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#22]
UNC-Baylor in Orlando.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Its actually 3pm our time, I really hope we get Iowa, they have a fan base that travels well and are supposed to be super nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to Kinnick sometime, teen girls will hurl every profanity they can at you if you wear the wrong color.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think Bama really lucked out, they match up very well with MSU.  I think Oklahoma and Alabama meet in the championship game and OU wins it all barring some crazy injuries (mayfield, etc).
View Quote

Michigan State up by 24 at halftime, the MSU fans start chanting "overrated" after Bama opens the 2nd half with -10 yards and an interception, leading to another Spartan TD. In the 4th quarter, after MSU has benched most of their starters, Bama scores two TDs, and MSU fans chant "SEC, SEC" as Saban unleashes the most chilling scowl on the face of the earth and eats Bear Bryant's hat. MSU goes into the final against Oklahoma after beating Alabama 41-24.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That bowl was pathetic. NIU had no business being there.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a great matchup. We have our shitheads like every other fanbase but we're ok for the most part.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Go to Kinnick sometime, teen girls will hurl every profanity they can at you if you wear the wrong color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeahhhh the only thing worse than a hawk fan is a msu fan in my experience (having lived in Mi and Iowa city you see the worst of both).
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Michigan State up by 24 at halftime, the MSU fans start chanting "overrated" after Bama opens the 2nd half with -10 yards and an interception, leading to another Spartan TD. In the 4th quarter, after MSU has benched most of their starters, Bama scores two TDs, and MSU fans chant "SEC, SEC" as Saban unleashes the most chilling scowl on the face of the earth and eats Bear Bryant's hat. MSU goes into the final against Oklahoma after beating Alabama 41-24.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw bama but do you care to back up that smiley with a bet on either of those two prognostications?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Ouch, sorry FSU.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ouch, sorry FSU.  
View Quote

yeah, this is gonna be a ridiculous game.

I hope they don't play down to Houstons level or play without pride. I actually hope we stomp the dog piss out of them. I'd like to see our freshman receiving corps and some of the younger running backs.

Oh well,  go Clemson.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Noon game vs. Houston on NYE , this will be worse than NIU.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
UNC-Baylor in Orlando.

View Quote

Over / under on that opens at 80 in Vegas

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I can live with a rose bowl.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#34]
11am local time Fiesta Bowl

would have been a huge prime time viewership with tOSU vs ND

fucking scheduling morans
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Looks good to me!
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UNC-Baylor in Orlando.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I couldn't believe it wham I saw it. I see he is apologizing this morning for acting like an ass to college football royalty last night.

http://youtu.be/INM1H77yors

Hehehe. Pretty soon Ohio State will have to focus all year on playing MSU, and then Michigan will sneak up for the knock out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Texas A&M vs Louisville in the Music City Bowl.

The Aggies own the all-time series against Louisville 3-0, having played them three straight years from 1992-1994. The Cardinals are coached by former Arkansas football coach and amateur motorcyclist Bobby Petrino.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
2013 2nd place: McCarron   2014 3rd place: Cooper

The point is that a lot of people want the award to go to the best player on the regular season's perceived best team.
There's a lot of people outside Roll Tidestan who don't think the most "outstanding player" is the guy whose stats are very similar to many other backs with the exception that he got the ball more.

Henry - 46 attempts for 271 yards (5.9 ypc)  Heisman locked up according to pundits

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Top 6 Running Backs (and only P5 in top 10)
Rushing:
Derrick Henry 1797 on 295 attempts (6.1 average)
Leonard Fournette has 1741 on 271 attempts (6.4 average)
Royce Freeman has 1706 on 257 attempts (6.6 average)
Ezekiel Elliott has 1672 on 262 attempts (6.4 average)
Dalvin Cook has 1658 on 211 attempts (7.9 average)
Christian McCaffrey has 1640 on 287 attempts (5.7 average)

Receiving:
Henry 10 for 97 yards
Fournette 18 for 209 yards
Freeman 24 for 325 yards
Elliott 26 for 176
Cook 22 for 218
McCaffrey 37 for 435

I don't think it's really all that clear that Derrick Henry is the best running back in his division of his conference, let alone the best player in NCAAF.
All he can hang his hat on is having a couple more touchdowns and a few dozen more yards than Fournette in the rushing department.  Fournette played 2 less games (Cook also played 2 less games).

McCaffrey is also the #5 kick returner by average yards per return (29.7), #4 by total yards (922)...

McCaffrey's stats look like an anomaly. (passing TDs, set ncaa ALL-TIME all purpose yards record set by some bum named Barry Sanders)
Henry's look like a top 5 running back who played an extra couple of games.

If Henry wins the Heisman they should rename it to the "Best Back on Bama" award...

That's really a stretch.
2013 2nd place: McCarron   2014 3rd place: Cooper

All those 2nds and 3rds don't matter.

Like I said, only 1 Alabama player has ever won it so you really need to come back to reality.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What channel?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you're not new to these threads, then you know that people talk shit about fanbases; not individuals. You would also know the countries flags jokes is about the folks flying the Somalian flags. This dude was fixated on the Jamaica thing. Even AFTER I told him my family and I were from there. So even after he knew, he kept it up. I'm over it, certain behavior is expected on this site. If I had that much of an issue of it, I would have stopped posting here long ago. Someone outs themselves, you move on. I'm sorry that after half a dozen posts of his, directed at me personally and my background; I finally said something to address it.  Jesus fucking christ, it's over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you had up a Somalian flag, it would have been the same.  I ain't questioning your race, I am questioning your honesty and that of all those who put flags on their avatar that are not where they live.  It's sooooooooooo cool and edgy.

Again, do you live in Jamaica?  You have never answered that question.

I kept it up because you won't answer the question.

Once again, stuff your racial crap.

If you think I am a racist, hit the goddamn "report" button.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What channel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What channel?

espnu
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you had up a Somalian flag, it would have been the same.  I ain't questioning your race, I am questioning your honesty and that of all those who put flags on their avatar that are not where they live.  It's sooooooooooo cool and edgy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh...

Can someone answer this for him? I've directly answered it twice now, even going so far as to bold it for him.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Screw bama but do you care to back up that smiley with a bet on either of those two prognostications?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, no. That was pure humor. These two teams are noted much more for their defense than offense. MSU is more balanced on O, but UA is tough. In reality, I think it will be low scoring, more like the B1G championship. And I'm sure you've noticed my predictive abilities are severely impaired. It wouldn't be fair for me to place wagers on games.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#46]
UF/Michigan in the Citrus.

1st team with a field goal wins.

UF's kicker has missed the last 10 field goals.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

UF/Michigan in the Citrus.

View Quote

Yeah, this was a total "accident" by the selection committee. Cocksuckers want to pit the two "coaches of the year" against each other, and all that crap.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sigh...

Can someone answer this for him? I've directly answered it twice now, even going so far as to bold it for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh...

Where?  I have seen you say your family is FROM there, but my question is do you live there now as in "Do you live in Jamaica?".

Sigh.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UNC-Baylor in Orlando.

I'd take the under. Baylor doesn't have the same ability to score like they did earlier this season.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Arizona to the New Mexico Bowl against UNM. Bad that it's early so we dont get a bunch of extra practice and little time for all our injured players to heal.  But we should get some early pub and the 2012 win was one of the best games I've ever watched.  

Bear Down!
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top