Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 235
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm with ya. As I posted earlier, it's Ohio State and Bama.......then everyone else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find everyone's lack of faith in Bama, at home, disturbing. We only lost in their house to a better team last year after our players spirits snapped with Kenyan drakes ankle. I can't express how bad that was. And we still *should* have won. If they're not winning by 21 or more at the half (and I really want to say at the end of the first quarter), they are just not going to win.

I'm with ya. As I posted earlier, it's Ohio State and Bama.......then everyone else.

Bama beat a real team and looked scary good doing it.  If I bet (and really I should) my money would be on bama over ole Miss.  Henry has impressed me since the screen passes vs Oklahoma.

OSU shut him down a few times in the sugar bowl, enough I guess to keep kiffin from using him more but I'm thankful for it. The biggest weakness OSU has had since Meyer took over has been placekicker and depth at d tackle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck to him.  This year won't always be fun march ins and football games.  

Believe me - he already has blisters from hell to show for it from FOW. It's going to be a tough semester. Were you in the Corps?

I was indeed.

Still got my boots in a display case.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/antiarocking74/1C3A3663-6886-4124-B92E-B9CFDFB86F8C_zpsl35mj23h.jpg

Where did you get your case? My wife wants to get one for my boots for when she redecorates.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find everyone's lack of faith in Bama, at home, disturbing. We only lost in their house to a better team last year after our players spirits snapped with Kenyan drakes ankle. I can't express how bad that was. And we still *should* have won. If they're not winning by 21 or more at the half (and I really want to say at the end of the first quarter), they are just not going to win.

Alabama has lost twice at home that I can recall in the last 4 seasons: 9-6 in the 2011 lsu "game of the century" and 29-24 to a&m in 2012. Revenge games were pretty brutal to both. Obviously we won the national championship convincingly in 2011 and A&m at home last year was a real beating (and, of course, we beat them in their house in 13 as well).
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Michigan is the one team that has really put pressure on the Buckeyes over the years. 2013, they only beat us by one point.

With a WAY better coach. Michigan IS going to the Buckeyes this year.

1969 is going to repeat itself this year.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
  Where did you get your case? My wife wants to get one for my boots for when she redecorates.
View Quote

Friend of the family built it as a favor.  He built one for my dad too.  I can reach out and see if he's interesting and building any more if you'd like.

The thing I really like about it is he built a little display case up top too, so I've just got a bunch of old memories in that box.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Friend of the family built it as a favor.  He built one for my dad too.  I can reach out and see if he's interesting and building any more if you'd like.

The thing I really like about it is he built a little display case up top too, so I've just got a bunch of old memories in that box.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/antiarocking74/A07FE4A9-B4E5-41A9-9465-25C816B37DC0_zpsfgl6liwl.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/antiarocking74/A07FE4A9-B4E5-41A9-9465-25C816B37DC0_zpsfgl6liwl.jpg

I'll IM you if she is still interested, thank you.

Man, I was cleaning out a drawer the other day and found my old Animal A Holick's checkbook wallet. That brought back memories.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Michigan is the one team that has really put pressure on the Buckeyes over the years. 2013, they only beat us by one point.

View Quote

Big IF but say OSU loses to Michigan then wins Big10 championship game as a one loss team AND other teams aren't undefeated...barring recency bias we could make it.

But I'd rather beat Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Big IF but say OSU loses to Michigan then wins Big10 championship game as a one loss team AND other teams aren't undefeated...barring recency bias we could make it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think OSU is still in the playoffs if they only lose to Michigan this year.

Losing to VT didnt stop them last year.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's nothing better than watching Tennesee blow a 17 point lead at home...and lose.  Knoxville tears are the best tears.  That being said, Oklahoma did get some help from the officials in the 4th quarter and OT, so Stoops should probably send those guys a couple fruit baskets this week.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
OU vs Tennessee was one hell of a game...

There's nothing better than watching Tennesee blow a 17 point lead at home...and lose.  Knoxville tears are the best tears.  That being said, Oklahoma did get some help from the officials in the 4th quarter and OT, so Stoops should probably send those guys a couple fruit baskets this week.  

Make up call from the Fumble recovery for a TD that was ruled down
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If cardale and jt go down we're calling braxton Miller our 3rd string quarterback and doing it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The polls don't mean shit right now unless you're a TV executive.

Agreed
Preseason rankings are projections based on things like the previous years success, returning starters, stregnth of schedule, coaching changes etc. All it is is an educated guess.
It's fodder for the analysts and fans to debate.
You never know how a team is going to jell once the season starts and if injuries are going to take a toll.
Look at BYU and ND losing their starting QB's. That's a difficult thing to overcome. Not every team has crazy depth at QB like Ohio State demonstrated last year.

If cardale and jt go down we're calling braxton Miller our 3rd string quarterback and doing it again.

That's just a crazy situation y'all have with those 3 guys.
3 legitimate NFL draft prospects all on the team at the same time capable of starting at QB for a national championship caliber team.
Doubt we will ever see a situation like that again.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, a couple of people have wondered where I've been, and it's with these stupid Aggies. Turns out, my son is now one of them.

Not only is he an Aggie, but he's in the Corps of Cadets. We were in College Station yesterday for his company's BBQ and their march-in before the game. Very cool stuff.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=80600

Good thing he's the tallest kid in his company. That makes it a lot easier to spot him.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12009563_868454079871071_2467317846826118849_n.jpg?oh=92e3cbbc24f69334ec6ae192b73905af&oe=569EAEFC

The cool thing is that the Corps is on the sidelines at the end of the game, so he got that view too - and then they chased down the Yell leaders and he was one of the guys that carried them to the fountain to throw them in. He had a great time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know about y'all, but I am drinky-drank like a mofo.

BTHO Ball St!

Well, a couple of people have wondered where I've been, and it's with these stupid Aggies. Turns out, my son is now one of them.

Not only is he an Aggie, but he's in the Corps of Cadets. We were in College Station yesterday for his company's BBQ and their march-in before the game. Very cool stuff.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=80600

Good thing he's the tallest kid in his company. That makes it a lot easier to spot him.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12009563_868454079871071_2467317846826118849_n.jpg?oh=92e3cbbc24f69334ec6ae192b73905af&oe=569EAEFC

The cool thing is that the Corps is on the sidelines at the end of the game, so he got that view too - and then they chased down the Yell leaders and he was one of the guys that carried them to the fountain to throw them in. He had a great time.

Great.  Now you'll have THREE teams to rant about.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
. Not every team has crazy depth at QB like Ohio State demonstrated last year.
View Quote

There ARE teams that have depth at QB with quality players (FSU being one) but I don't think anyone, including Mr Cryer himself, could have seen that the talent would be that good. Those QB's were completely untested before they had to step in their roles and they played like a seasoned vet.  That was such a unique situation that I don't think we'll see again anytime soon.

That said, I'm shocked all three stuck around for this year. That's a lot of roosters in the hen house.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been saying that since last years thread when the news officially broke.

I think they (and every team that plays OSU) needs to watch the VT game tapes.  Putting 5 on the line with a true nose guard seemed to effectively shut down Elliot.  Force them to make big razzle dazzle plays.  You may lose a few battles and even give up a TD here or there but the risk/reward I think is worth it if you have good CB's and DB's.  Also, you have to have an offense that can score on every possession.  Because Ohio most likely will.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no way there will be 4 undefeated teams at seasons end. Not in the power 5 conferences anyway.
The schedules won't allow it. A 12-1 Ohio St team is a shoe in for a playoff spot.
USC and UCLA in the PAC12 are looking like the top 2 teams out there so far but do play each other. USC also travels to Oregon. Utah is not going 12-0 as they always find a way to lose a game they should win.
TCU, Baylor and Okie all play each other in the Big12. Maybe 1 undefeated.
Georgia and Bama play in the SEC and Georgia also plays Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech also plays Clemson, Fla St, VT. We will know more about them after Notre Dame this weekend where they could lose.
If Clemson gets past GT and Fla St....maybe but there are some other decent teams standing in their way also.
Florida State plays GT, Clemson and Florida. No way they survive that unscathed.
Ohio St plays Mich St. They both could be 10-0 heading into that but someone loses there. The winner of that most likely goes to the playoffs. What could happen there is a 13-0 Ohio St team goes to the playoffs and a 11-1 Michiigan St teams ends up ranked 5-6 and is outside looking in.
Bama maybe but dam what a difficult schedule.
Other SEC contenders possibly like LSU or maybe Miss St is for real? A&M is playing well but I don't see any of those teams running the SEC gauntlet and going 12-0.
The above cannibalization will take care of having 4 undefeated teams.
It would be nice though to see about 6 teams overall at 11-1 (or 12-1) and more at 11-2 due to conference championships. Making the playoff committees job difficult and creating a little "TCU  Controversy" again with more teams involved. That helps strengthen the case for expanding the playoffs to 8 teams.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

............... Making the playoff committees job difficult and creating a little "TCU Controversary" again with more teams involved. That helps strengthen the case for expanding the playoffs to 8 teams.
View Quote

I am actually hoping for some 'controversy' this year as it will add fuel the fire for an 8 team playoff.

We are seeing conference parity more and more every year. The big 5 power conferences are no longer the only ones with talent. Even the lesser teams within those conferences have risen in the level of talent and give the traditional power houses a run for their money.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I hope so, too.

More specifically, I am hoping for some controversy that keeps both FSU and Ohio State out of the NC game...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am actually hoping for some 'controversy' this year as it will add fuel the fire for an 8 team playoff.

I hope so, too.

More specifically, I am hoping for some controversy that keeps both FSU and Ohio State out of the NC game...

We could go undefeated in the regular season for the third year in a row and people would still be calling for FSU to be out of the final 4.

All that hate is gonna burn you up
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I hope so, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so, too.

Whoa.  Staff. Congrats.

I too am hoping for controversy.  I'd love to see the playoffs expanded.  However, the current format is still way better than it was.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We could go undefeated in the regular season for the third year in a row and people would still be calling for FSU to be out of the final 4.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so, too.

A 13-0 team from a power 5 conference that got left out of the final 4 would definitely help seal the deal for an expanded playoff format.
Why don't you guys do that and take one for the team. It's for the children.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A 13-0 team from a power 5 conference that got left out of the final 4 would definitely help seal the deal for an expanded playoff format.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so, too.

If we could have a 3rd consecutive undefeated season, knowing we would be left out of the playoffs but it would definitely cause it to expand to 8 teams, I'd probably be cool with that.

Of course I say that now but it might be a completely different story for me when it's actually time to select the teams. I'd probably be pissed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Rubio: "Look, I don’t have anything against Florida State. I think there has to be a school where people who can’t get into Florida can go to college."

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/14/9326265/florida-alum-marco-rubio-radio-interview-florida-state-burn-president-ouch
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I think eventually you will see 8 teams..............there is too much favorable talk, and too much money to be made from the deal for the NCAA to not want it down the road

Quoted:

Whoa.  Staff. Congrats.

I too am hoping for controversy.  I'd love to see the playoffs expanded.  However, the current format is still way better than it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so, too.

Whoa.  Staff. Congrats.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Rubio: "Look, I don’t have anything against Florida State. I think there has to be a school where people who can’t get into Florida can go to college."

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/14/9326265/florida-alum-marco-rubio-radio-interview-florida-state-burn-president-ouch
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

go gata

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
go gata  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

go gata  

The sad part? She would have had the highest GPA in FSU history if she went there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
https://youtu.be/KgbBP9Em00A

The sad part? She would have had the highest GPA in FSU history if she went there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

go gata  

https://youtu.be/KgbBP9Em00A

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Leave it to gator fans to talk the weakest shit. Won't even bring up their sorry dumpster fire of a team.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Leave it to gator fans to talk the weakest shit. Won't even bring up their sorry dumpster fire of a team.
View Quote

One of our recent grads was a Rhodes scholar.

One of theirs is a convicted murderer.

And just to put things in perspective.....

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Georgia is 15.5-17 point favorites over South Carolina....anyone betting would be a fool not to take Carolina and the points.  There is absolutely no way Georgia covers the spread, especially two touchdowns.  Hell, even if the line was -7, I'd still take Carolina and the points.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Speaking of Florida, is coach dogcussing Fred Taylor's kid that big a deal? I thought it was a good freakout...
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Georgia is 15.5-17 point favorites over South Carolina....anyone betting would be a fool not to take Carolina and the points.  There is absolutely no way Georgia covers the spread, especially two touchdowns.  Hell, even if the line was -7, I'd still take Carolina and the points.
View Quote

I know WDE thinks I'm crazy but Spurrier can be a tough SOB after he's lost a few games. I'm sure he ran them hard today and is getting them up for this game. If they don't win they should at least keep,it close like you said m
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#35]

I know WDE thinks I'm crazy but Spurrier can be a tough SOB after he's lost a few games
View Quote

It has nothing to do with the losses, Spurrier hates losing to Georgia.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet money that if he only won one game a year, it would be against UGA...especially against a highly rated Georgia team at home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

suckerlina ain't good.

Hell, if Carolina (the actual Carolina, not the team in Columbia) had a QB that didn't have more completions in the red zone to Gamecocks than he did to Tar Heels, UNC wins that game easily.

And Carolina ain't good.

15.5-17 is a bit higher than I'd go, but I wouldn't at all think it unreasonable at 10.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#37]
suckerlina ain't good.
View Quote

They don't have to be good, they have Spurrier.  Plus, Richt is gonna Richt, so expect a very close game...especially considering we have no passing game right now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yall baristas are a mean bunch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They don't have to be good, they have Spurrier.  Plus, Richt is gonna Richt, so expect a very close game...especially considering we have no passing game right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
suckerlina ain't good.

Spurrier can only work with what he's got.

He doesn't have a QB and he doesn't have a good defense.

Havent watched UGA this year, but if they have any kind of running game they'll win going away.

Unless Richt shits the bed.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would be willing to give you South Carolina +7.   I would be willing to bet one of the following:
Black BCM Mod3 grip
FDE B5 umbrella corp style grip
FDE Miad grip
Black M3 Pmag
Glock Pmag

The grips are slightly used.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is nothing SOS likes more than beating Georgia.

There's a quote about Georgia always having players suspended, sure, and the requisite talking about how and when he'll leave coaching. Those ruminations on when he'll leave always give him the same look in his eye. It is a distant, wistful look.

You might think he's looking at a vision of him leaving the field victorious, but it isn't. At this moment, Spurrier is envisioning himself throwing seven TDs against Georgia in the fourth quarter shirtless, and most likely while holding a cold Coors. The clock expires, and Spurrier turns, grabs a driver from his bag, and fires a drive into the Georgia sidelines. It breaks Ray Goff's teeth like frail old house windows, and a stunned Goff chews them and exclaims "CHICLETS! YUM!"

The OBC tips his visor and teleports to Augusta National, which is empty and reserved just for him forever.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a quote about Georgia always having players suspended, sure, and the requisite talking about how and when he'll leave coaching. Those ruminations on when he'll leave always give him the same look in his eye. It is a distant, wistful look.

You might think he's looking at a vision of him leaving the field victorious, but it isn't. At this moment, Spurrier is envisioning himself throwing seven TDs against Georgia in the fourth quarter shirtless, and most likely while holding a cold Coors. The clock expires, and Spurrier turns, grabs a driver from his bag, and fires a drive into the Georgia sidelines. It breaks Ray Goff's teeth like frail old house windows, and a stunned Goff chews them and exclaims "CHICLETS! YUM!"

The OBC tips his visor and teleports to Augusta National, which is empty and reserved just for him forever.
Spencer Hall had to have written that.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/fsu-cowgirls-gallery-171.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/fsu-cowgirls-gallery-171.jpg

You win.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with the losses, Spurrier hates losing to Georgia.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet money that if he only won one game a year, it would be against UGA...especially against a highly rated Georgia team at home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know WDE thinks I'm crazy but Spurrier can be a tough SOB after he's lost a few games

Yea, that too.  

Curious, what is his record at the cocktail party?

Edit: just looked it up....11-1
And almost every single one was a decisive victory. Only one was close (2 points) and two were less than two TDs. And the one loss.

Yeah, he doesn't just like to beat Georgia...he likes to curb stomp them

Edit2: he is 2-2 as a player for FU.  Lost his senior year after winning the Heisman.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Unless Richt shits the bed.
View Quote

Highly likely...
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Supposedly Patterson is out as AD and t.u. 22 months, that's pretty quick to wear out your welcome.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

And fuck The OBC.

Monk
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And there are reports both saying Mack Brown will replace him and that there is no way Mack Brown will replace him .

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supposedly Patterson is out as AD and t.u. 22 months, that's pretty quick to wear out your welcome.

And there are reports both saying Mack Brown will replace him and that there is no way Mack Brown will replace him .

lol

Hope the rumors this time around are half as delusional as the Luck/Harbaugh/Saban rumor mill was last time this circus came to town.

Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top