Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 235
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Bama's have always been my favorite, as a fan...........but PSU has some nice ones as well

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^ yep.

Penn State's always had the best IMO.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Here's hoping we destroy them, if for no other reason than making me stare at those hideous uniforms/helmets for 3 hrs...

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Less than 60 days. How about some pics of new/alternate uniforms for 2015?

When I was scrolling down and just saw the helmet, I thought to myself..Colorado State's new helmets look pretty good....oh wait  

https://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/screen-shot-2015-04-23-at-5-36-01-pm.png?w=432&h=445

I used to be able to glance at the TV and almost immediately name what 2 teams were playing.
Now sometimes it takes a minute to figure it out unless the scoreboard is up in the corner.
I think it was Nebraska (?) wearing all black or all red last year that really surprised me.
I thought they would be one of the last holdouts to stay with traditional uniforms.
Who's left now?
Notre Dame, Bama, Penn State, Texas....................?

Lol

http://bloguin.com/subwaydomer/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2014/08/notre-dame-alternate-uniform-4.jpg

Daaaammm........ hadn't seen those
Pretty flashy for the Catholics

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't know either. I was on break at work and a couple of fellow Michigan fans seemed real excited about it. I could care less, personally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't believe I'm going to be the one to post this, But that team up north is now a Nike school.

I'm a Michigan fan, but what is it with the whole Nike thing?  Is it money? Or prestige? I honestly have no idea. I figured BFD, how's it going to help them win games?

I don't know either. I was on break at work and a couple of fellow Michigan fans seemed real excited about it. I could care less, personally.

Its about the quality of the uniform designs and the perception it has with the younger crowd. Think 18 year old recruits.
Its a pretty big deal when you read about it on the football website forums.
I saw a graph the other day where it had like 80% preferring Nike.
I cant imagine a kid making his decision on where to attend school based on the uniform. But then again I'm not 18 anymore.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Damn is that seriously going to be their helmet?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
FSU is on a roll.

Dalvin Cook is next up to be accused of punching a woman.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13234576/dalvin-cook-florida-state-seminoles

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know whats so hard about not punching women.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck me
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's like pringles.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe you were raised in a different culture?

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was raised with culture.

Women-punchers were not.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang, that kid was our ticket to the ground attack.

I'll reserve judgement until I see more. If it's like the last one then I won't be calling for his head. Although I guess I agree with Jimbo in that he says there is no room on the team for that behavior.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dang, that kid was our ticket to the ground attack.

I'll reserve judgement until I see more. If it's like the last one then I won't be calling for his head. Although I guess I agree with Jimbo in that he says there is no room on the team for that behavior.
View Quote

Apparently he misunderstood Jimbo when they discussed the teams "ground attack"

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Whoa. Any update on the new assault story?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#19]
So... this is someone that is much more important to FSU than a just snagged QB, that was 3 deep in the position. Cook was gonna be their #1 RB this season.

Suspended for half of one game?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#20]
boys will continue to be boys

and it's not like he shot the president, anyway
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I need to order some of those since I will be at a few games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I need to order some of those since I will be at a few games.

They feel comfy
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, just read the probable cause affidavit for Cook. It's worse than the George Zimmerman affidavit.

What a poop sandwich.

There is no way that can hold up at trial. This is pure political theater.

Mind you, I'm not saying guilty/innocent.  Just that based on what is reported by the admitted drunk victim and drunk witnesses there is no way this could be successfully prosecuted.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
boys will continue to be boys

and it's not like he shot the president, anyway
View Quote

Or stole crablegs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow, just read the probable cause affidavit for Cook. It's worse than the George Zimmerman affidavit.

What a poop sandwich.

There is no way that can hold up at trial. This is pure political theater.

Mind you, I'm not saying guilty/innocent.  Just that based on what is reported by the admitted drunk victim and drunk witnesses there is no way this could be successfully prosecuted.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#25]
NVM
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I was going to mention that it could happen to anyone, Carlos Hyde missed several games of his senior season for hitting a girl (or maybe trying) after she hit him.

He went to Ohio State but he's from Naples...and I doubt he speaks Italian.

Summer 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgj23776kmY
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmmmm, generally when someone "comes out swinging" like this with a lawyer saying "hell no" to any plea deal it's either a serious game of chicken or the charges really are BS

not interested in a plea

Also, here is the PC affidavit

Lastly, my inside source is very tight lipped but is all but saying that the SAO is playing a game of chicken and will drag this out as long as possible with the hopes he'll cut a deal so he can play this fall. They know their case is about as weak as it gets and don't want to lose face in the national media.  With him cutting a deal they look good because "Hey look, he admitted he's guilty!"

I'm thinking he may fight this all the way up to and including suing the girl (at least the lawyer has alluded to that)
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, generally when someone "comes out swinging" like this with a lawyer saying "hell no" to any plea deal it's either a serious game of chicken or the charges really are BS

not interested in a plea

Lastly, my inside source is very tight lipped but is all but saying that the SAO is playing a game of chicken and will drag this out as long as possible with the hopes he'll cut a deal so he can play this fall. They know their case is about as weak as it gets and don't want to lose face in the national media.  With him cutting a deal they look good because "Hey look, he admitted he's guilty!"

I'm thinking he may fight this all the way up to and including suing the girl (at least the lawyer has alluded to that)
View Quote

Is this the same guy that chained up three Pit pups last year?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Did Trendavion Dickinson just commit to Texas? WTF is going on with him?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not interested in a plea

May be. Never looked into that case. Perhaps he's guilty in that, heck perhaps he is even guilty in this one as well.  But the current case is super weak and I'm shocked they would run with it.

If you read the PC the "investigating officer" has already provided the "reasonable doubt" to beat any conviction.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

May be. Never looked into that case. Perhaps he's guilty in that, heck perhaps he is even guilty in this one as well.  But the current case is super weak and I'm shocked they would run with it.

If you read the PC the "investigating officer" has already provided the "reasonable doubt" to beat any conviction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not interested in a plea

Is the investigating officer an FSU fan
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#32]
My cousin (FSU Grad) posted this on his facebook page.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/SKPsf7o.jpg

View Quote

gonna guess that state trooper didn't catch him
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/SKPsf7o.jpg

View Quote

Haaa the criminoles are back

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll wait until we play actual football to talk trash.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Tennessee under federal investigation for sexual violence issues. Apparently Vanderbilt is to. Doesn't seem to be getting the burn on ESPN like FSU but I guess it's to be expected given we're talking the SEC here.

"No fewer than six Tennessee players on the 2014 roster—Michael Williams, A.J. Johnson, Von Pearson, Riyahd Jones, Marlin Lane and another unnamed player—have been accused of sexual assault."

ETA: "None of the cases has been prosecuted, nor have arrests been made."

Linky
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tennessee under federal investigation for sexual violence issues. Apparently Vanderbilt is to. Doesn't seem to be getting the burn on ESPN like FSU but I guess it's to be expected given we're talking the SEC here.

"No fewer than six Tennessee players on the 2014 roster—Michael Williams, A.J. Johnson, Von Pearson, Riyahd Jones, Marlin Lane and another unnamed player—have been accused of sexual assault."

Linky
View Quote

But I bet they learned the difference between "to" and "too".
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Haha, sorry about my grammatical error. Anyway, to your point, I seriously doubt it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll wait until we play actual football to talk trash.
View Quote

Yeah it sucks when your team is having discipline problems.
We had quite a few last year and lost a few projected starters over it.
Hell our QB was a frigging drunk during season and created controversy.
It's been considerably quieter this year thank God.
Jimbo just needs to lower the boom on whoever is necessary, take the lumps losing a few good players and set the precedent that certain types of behavior will not be tolerated.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

What I've heard (just rumors) is that the first few years Sumlin recruiting anyone and everyone just to get bodies in the door.

After the last few years of drops/arrests, they started to be more selective about the type of player they were recruiting, and that's why the problems have gone down.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What I've heard (just rumors) is that the first few years Sumlin recruiting anyone and everyone just to get bodies in the door.

After the last few years of drops/arrests, they started to be more selective about the type of player they were recruiting, and that's why the problems have gone down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting to hear.
Appears to be well under control (knock on wood)
Maybe setting a precedent when something pops up like he did with Speedy this year is helping.
Taking who may well be our best player on the field and giving him a time out sends a strong message.
If season would hurry up amd get here the boredom factor would diminish with these young guys and trouble would settle down.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#42]

I just looked at the Buckeyes' schedule.

EVERY year, same crap with this program.  I get it that the Big 10 is down, but how hard is it to pick decent out of conference teams to play?

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

EVERY year, same crap with this program.  I get it that the Big 10 is down, but how hard is it to pick decent out of conference teams to play?

View Quote

It's actually fairly difficult.  Scheduling is sometimes done about a decade in advance.  It's hard to know who is going to be good then.

As far as the big 10 being down, that's the narrative.  It's just not how it played out in the last few games.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
It's actually fairly difficult. Scheduling is sometimes done about a decade in advance. It's hard to know who is going to be good then.

As far as the big 10 being down, that's the narrative. It's just not how it played out in the last few games.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

EVERY year, same crap with this program. I get it that the Big 10 is down, but how hard is it to pick decent out of conference teams to play?

It's actually fairly difficult. Scheduling is sometimes done about a decade in advance. It's hard to know who is going to be good then.

As far as the big 10 being down, that's the narrative. It's just not how it played out in the last few games.

I know...but Hawaii?  I remember those two years when OSU played Texas during the regular season.  Why don't they play tough teams like that anymore?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I know...but Hawaii?  I remember those two years when OSU played Texas during the regular season.  Why don't they play tough teams like that anymore?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EVERY year, same crap with this program. I get it that the Big 10 is down, but how hard is it to pick decent out of conference teams to play?

We had to make changes to the schedule because of all of the conference changes the past couple of years. I think we were supposed to play UNC.  We also had to cancel future games with Tennessee because of conference changes.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I did a comparison of OSU's OOC schedule and The Gold Standard of NCAAF (be happy to compare them to anyone)

Since 2001, OSU played against 17 P5 opponents, never played a year without a P5 opponent, 3 years with 2, and played away 8 times vs p5 opponents out of conference during the regular season.

Bama played against 12 P5 opponents, played 3 years with now out of conference P5 opponent, (1 year with 2) and played away OOC 3 times in 14 years.

OSU's last game against a "top 5" team OOC regular season was 2009, Bama's was 2003.

To give you an idea of how far ahead these are scheduled...
2015 - at VT
2016 - at Oklahoma
2017 - Oklahoma
2018 - at TCU
2019 - TCU
2020 - at Oregon
2021 - Oregon
2022 - Notre Dame, at Texas
2023 at Notre Dame, Texas, Boston College
2024 at Boston College, ???????

None of those teams may be any good when OSU plays them but its not a bad lineup.  We do a lot of home and home (only neutral site game in past 14 years was in Baltimore v. Navy (stadium capacity thing)).  It locks you into a shitty team (or good team) for 2 years...so feast or famine.  Cal, VT, and Miami (FL) all looked either good at some point during scheduling or had been decent recently (even Cal had at least one top 10 year).

FTR, Alabama hasn't played an away game OOC since 2011.  They do have a lot of neutral games down south though .  Hell, their 2011 game at Penn State might be the only time they played north of the Mason Dixon line this millennium.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heh.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#48]

This.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Heh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know...but Hawaii? I remember those two years when OSU played Texas during the regular season. Why don't they play tough teams like that anymore?

Heh.

Well, Texas was pretty good back then.  They were a legitimate top 3 team.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

None of those teams may be any good when OSU plays them but its not a bad lineup. We do a lot of home and home (only neutral site game in past 14 years was in Baltimore v. Navy (stadium capacity thing)).  It locks you into a shitty team (or good team) for 2 years...so feast or famine.  Cal, VT, and Miami (FL) all looked either good at some point during scheduling or had been decent recently (even Cal had at least one top 10 year).

View Quote

Ohio State played Toledo in 2009 at Cleveland Browns Stadium. It was considered a home game for Toledo but was played there due to Toledo's stadium capacity.

I was there, it was awesome to watch the Buckeyes from the Dawg Pound
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top