Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Letterman was funny up until he left NBC.

Personally, I think he had a picture of some CBS bigwig fucking a pig.

That's the only way I could explain why he had a show at all for the last twenty years.

Couldn't stand him.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with the NY Post article that said he should have left years ago. When I was a kid in the 80's, Letterman's show was mildly subversive and funny as hell. Larry Bud Melman and chunking things off buildings made me laugh. For the past twenty years, meh. It sucks when someone who made you laugh your ass off turns out to be major douche.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any enmity, but never really cared for the show, or the man.  Frankly, if he didn't have the same toothy gap and grin reminiscent of the nations beloved JFK, I doubt he would have ever made it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Well, they saved that cool George Washington bridge model, at least.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/21/cbs-throws-david-letterman-set-into-dumpster/

CBS wasted no time in kicking David Letterman to the curb.

Just hours after Letterman said farewell after 33 years on late-night TV, Ed Sullivan Theater crews hauled off blocks of blue stage and hacked up pieces of the iconic New York City bridges that made up the set of the "Late Show?.”

Fans and passers-by gathered around a police barricade cordoning off the Ed Sullivan to watch workers unceremoniously chuck red theater chairs into an overflowing Dumpster and ?take reciprocating saws to his miniature Brooklyn Bridge.

"It’s an end of an era,” commented onlooker Alex Lafreniere, 24, a fan visiting from Oklahoma.

The complete breakdown of the set is expected to take about a week.

As stagehands stamped pieces of set into debris, the Letterman lover was able to snatch a bit of dilapidated bridge.

It belongs in the Smithsonian, not the dump, Strausz said.

"I’m ridiculously excited. Now I can leave in peace,” she gloated.

But workers were far less sentimental.

A stagehand said the piles of bridge pieces and particleboard were headed for the dump, adding: "It’s all junk now.”
View Quote

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/052115letterman2rm.jpg?w=840

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Dave.
View Quote
It was always junk. Including the POS host.  Not even funny.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Could you imagine the cash that set would bring in auction?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
dave is a liberal fool  .....you guys confused about that?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Spot on.

There was a time I never missed Letterman.  However, I have not watched a single Letterman show for the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Dave was a staple for me in the 80s, I loved him.  Funny as hell.  Bud Melman was hilarious.  Skits were hilarious.  Top 10 lists - Hilarious!  Paul Schaffer and the band were always killer too.  

I kind of lost track of Letterman when I quit watching TV in the mid 90s.  I occasionally caught his show over the last few years and he seemed to be just bitter and shitty.  The high points of humor had left.  

Sad to see him go, but I think he had already gone a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Good riddance you liberal fuck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Time to move on.  I hated that liberal puke.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I never really found him to be funny. I never watched the show. Then again I watched carson or Leno as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#12]
He treated people like shit and cheated on his ex and his current wife.

Fucking scumbag.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They did that to spite him.
View Quote

I suspect that's true.  You hear rumors that he wasn't on the best of terms with the crew.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Dave is a liberal faggot. Fuck him and fuck his stupid show.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a waste.Somebody would have bought it.

I remember back in the 90's when my friend Kramer found the set from the Merv Griffin show in the trash and set it up in his apartment..............good times.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110902202156/seinfeld/images/2/26/MervGriffinShowimage.jpg

First thing that popped in my mind...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#16]
It belongs in the Smithsonian, not the dump, Strausz said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Who gives a fuck? Burn that shit
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Holy shit does that ever hit the nail on the head.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Top ten reasons we're glad Letterman is gone;
10. No more softball questions to left wing pols from that gap toothed asshole.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy shit does that ever hit the nail on the head.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

+1
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:11:32 AM EDT
[#21]
CSB, CBS.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:21:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes

+2

The Late Show became unwatchable post 2000.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
+2

View All Quotes
Quoted:

+2

Letterman became like Andrew Dice Clay. Funny once or twice, then just annoying and irritating.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dave was a staple for me in the 80s, I loved him.  Funny as hell.  Bud Melman was hilarious.  Skits were hilarious.  Top 10 lists - Hilarious!  Paul Schaffer and the band were always killer too.  

I kind of lost track of Letterman when I quit watching TV in the mid 90s.  I occasionally caught his show over the last few years and he seemed to be just bitter and shitty.  The high points of humor had left.  

Sad to see him go, but I think he had already gone a long time ago.
View Quote

This sums it up nicely for me.  I watched Late Night every night (I was in my teens to early 20s). It was fun, funny, mildly subversive in tone.  As I read somewhere, Late Night felt like an inside joke that you were in on.  About the same time that he didn't get Carson's job and went to CBS, my life changed for the busier so I didn't watch nearly as often, but I didn't care for it.  Late Show was more conventional and not as fun (or funny).  I don't think I'd watched a complete show since about 1994.
I watched the final show.  Dave was at NBC for something like 11 years and at CBS for 22 years, but I was struck by how many of the "best of" clips were from his NBC days.
It's the end of an era, but the golden age ended about 15 to 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is a GREAT article chronicling the shift from funny "everyman" to bitter Libtard.  Good read.

I remember as a kid watching Letterman do the weather on the local ABC affiliate. Genius.

If you loved Letterman, read that article. If you hate him, you REALLY should read the article.

Entertainment is a deadly business.

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is a GREAT article chronicling the shift from funny "everyman" to bitter Libtard.  Good read.

I remember as a kid watching Letterman do the weather on the local ABC affiliate. Genius.

If you loved Letterman, read that article. If you hate him, you REALLY should read the article.

Entertainment is a deadly business.

TC

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm surprised they didn't auction it off for charity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figured they would have ebayed those chairs for a quick buck.

I'm surprised they didn't auction it off for charity.

Because they didn't think "optics".
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#27]
This is NYC.  Everything there moves a warp speed.  1 day in NYC is like two weeks everywhere else.  When I used to go to NYC for work, by mid afternoon I would have a splitting headache.  It is impossible to keep up with everything happening around you.  The trick is to block everything out except that which you need to be focused on.  

I have never met harder working people anywhere else.  I have no idea how they keep up the pace.  Every day is like a critical rush job that was due yesterday.   You may hate their politics, but you have to admire their work ethic.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Funny that they did not auction it off.
View Quote

I just said the same think to my hubby. I liked Letterman when he was new and had really oddball stuff on his how. I stopped when he turned into a bitter, hateful turd.

That being said, they could have auctioned that stuff off for charity and made a tidy sum for some worthy cause. "Worthy" being the operative word.

eta for the past tense...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I just said the same think to my hubby. I like Letterman when he was new and had really oddball stuff on his how. I stopped when he turned into a bitter, hateful turd.

That being said, they could have auctioned that stuff off for charity and made a tidy sum for some worthy cause. "Worthy" being the operative word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just said the same think to my hubby. I like Letterman when he was new and had really oddball stuff on his how. I stopped when he turned into a bitter, hateful turd.

At least it didn't go to the Clinton foundation to be auctioned off.  

Leno went out still at the top of his game.  As many have stated above, Letterman was like the aging boxer hanging on long after his prime still trying to  prove he was relevant.   Like all good liberals whenever they come up against truth all they have left is shouting and screaming.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Colbert starts in September. There is no reason to keep the set around for one more second.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

would have thought this as well,benefit a charity etc
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#37]

That guy is laughing all the way to the bank.  Already made over $1000 from that "garbage".

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Liked when he had Jack Hanna on, other then that meh.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is NYC.  Everything there moves a warp speed.  1 day in NYC is like two weeks everywhere else.  When I used to go to NYC for work, by mid afternoon I would have a splitting headache.  It is impossible to keep up with everything happening around you.  The trick is to block everything out except that which you need to be focused on.  

I have never met harder working people anywhere else.  I have no idea how they keep up the pace.  Every day is like a critical rush job that was due yesterday.   You may hate their politics, but you have to admire their work ethic.
View Quote

So much bullshit in so few words.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#41]
This auction is for a piece of wood.  Currently at $51.00
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Just think what that bridge would have went for.. Someone needs to find it!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:13:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but it is my experience of the place.  I don't live anywhere near there and I have no desire to go back.  I see liberal tendencies in you reply,  When liberals confront truth they resort to smear tactics.  Would you vote for Obama again if you could?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good riddance you liberal fuck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Progress.

Should our economy be burdened by sentiment? Saving non-profit bearing products because people have emotional connections to them is absurd.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Progress.

Should our economy be burdened by sentiment? Saving non-profit bearing products because people have emotional connections to them is absurd.
View Quote

What burden?If someone wanted to buy/collect the stuff who cares?Some of it would have gone for big money.

Can you imagine how much the moon landing set would go for if it was put up for auction????

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top