Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those scowls could shrivel a dinosaur's erection

In before the arm dislocation
View Quote

FPNI so often occurs on this site, we got some smart cookies here.

In before the arm break, and she never fights again after the doctors screw her elbow back together. That was the dumbest shit I've heard a fighter say to someone they know that can fuck you up at will.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
http://cdn.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Bethe-Correia-UFC-177-post-press-750x370.jpg
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Let's see your bona fides. Video of your skills will.do. An Olympic medal, maybe?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, this Rousey is the chick that constantly calls out men that she will never fight right? She's the one who finds it funny to put them in the no-win situation of talking about beating up a girl? Just making sure we're talking about the same chick. You could've said "champion of the weakest division in combat sport history" then we would all know who you're referring to. I mean how many divisions are there where the champ can beat every one below him by armbar? Oh don't mind me, I'm just jealous I can't beat up untrained soccer moms and make millions. Hell, they try to put me in jail for it.

Are you on drugs?

Sometimes. But I can't see how that's related to a juiced to the gills Judoka with no stand-up game to speak of wearing a belt and calling themselves a UFC Champion because they armbarred a couple chicks that have no business being in a cage.

Let's see your bona fides. Video of your skills will.do. An Olympic medal, maybe?

If I had an Olympic medal in Skiing would that make me more qualified to talk about how horrible women's MMA is? Dan Henderson has an Olympic medal and he's one of the worst wrestlers ever to set foot in the Octagon. He literally gets taken down by professional kickboxers...from the clinch. And I've already went over in the last thread how many Olympic medalists in Judo have been tapped and otherwise destroyed by far less accomplished BJJers. As for me I've got a blue belt in BJJ and about 90 minutes of Muay Thai training. My biggest claim to fame is never missing a UFC since 8, a pre-2000 sherdog account, and I watched the Japanese stream of the very first Pride. I had to stay up till 5am on a Sunday morning at least once a month but my God was it worth it to watch real MMA.

I've also got a 14inch internet penis.

None of that has any bearing on the state of the women's divisions and how disgustingly shallow the talent pool is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was confused thinking Corriea was referring to Larry of Monster Hunter fame, and clicked on this thread out of confusion.
View Quote

Me too.
If Ronda wanted to take a try at Larry though, she'd need a step ladder.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Me too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was confused thinking Corriea was referring to Larry of Monster Hunter fame, and clicked on this thread out of confusion.

Me too.

Rousey vs. the International Lord of Hate might be a good fight.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You are now aware that the KO you are referring to happened on the ground. And the TKO happened when McCann was beating the brakes off of her and she fired a one in a million knee that found McCann's liver causing the ref to stop it (prematurely imo). At any rate, no she doesn't punch like a girl. Layla Ali punched like a girl, Ronda punches like a man. A man with Palsy.

Look, nobody is saying she isn't good at beating up people who can't fight. When it comes to tapping out really bad female fighters she's one of the best at it. She would not be as successful tapping out good fighters. Cyborg, for instance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

Sometimes. But I can't see how that's related to a juiced to the gills Judoka with no stand-up game to speak of wearing a belt and calling themselves a UFC Champion because they armbarred a couple chicks that have no business being in a cage.

2 out of her last 3 wins have came by KO or TKO with a combined TOTAL time of 1min and 22 secs.  You're right though, she punches like a girl  

edit: Add in the time for the third fight and the combined time comes out to 1min 34

You are now aware that the KO you are referring to happened on the ground. And the TKO happened when McCann was beating the brakes off of her and she fired a one in a million knee that found McCann's liver causing the ref to stop it (prematurely imo). At any rate, no she doesn't punch like a girl. Layla Ali punched like a girl, Ronda punches like a man. A man with Palsy.

Look, nobody is saying she isn't good at beating up people who can't fight. When it comes to tapping out really bad female fighters she's one of the best at it. She would not be as successful tapping out good fighters. Cyborg, for instance.

You call Ronda a "juiced to the gills judoka" and then say she wouldn't be successful against a good fighter like Cyborg in your very next post.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

...or just put them in tight little shorts and make them wrestle around on the ground and beat the shit out of each other  

http://i.imgur.com/DSaM8FY.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If God wanted women to play sports he'd have made them men.

...or just put them in tight little shorts and make them wrestle around on the ground and beat the shit out of each other  

Not to hijack here, but WTF is it with you and babies?  Cripes man......
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Diesel Thread
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Only thing worse than being in a fight with Rowdy,

would be being in a fight with a pissed-off Rowdy.

If she ever pushed the 'Fuck it' button, there would be blood.

Lots and lots of blood.

And gore.

imho ymmv

I'll be watching this one.

eta spelung

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They taste good
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
No hate here, but both of those gals look like they could dismember you with their sphincters.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, this Rousey is the chick that constantly calls out men that she will never fight right? She's the one who finds it funny to put them in the no-win situation of talking about beating up a girl? Just making sure we're talking about the same chick. You could've said "champion of the weakest division in combat sport history" then we would all know who you're referring to. I mean how many divisions are there where the champ can beat every one below him by armbar? Oh don't mind me, I'm just jealous I can't beat up untrained soccer moms and make millions. Hell, they try to put me in jail for it.

Are you on drugs?

Thank you for asking what I wanted to.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You call Ronda a "juiced to the gills judoka" and then say she wouldn't be successful against a good fighter like Cyborg in your very next post.   http://forums.joerogan.net/images/smilies/wbc.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Ui9R7Wx.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you on drugs?

2 out of her last 3 wins have came by KO or TKO with a combined TOTAL time of 1min and 22 secs.  You're right though, she punches like a girl  

edit: Add in the time for the third fight and the combined time comes out to 1min 34

You call Ronda a "juiced to the gills judoka" and then say she wouldn't be successful against a good fighter like Cyborg in your very next post.   http://forums.joerogan.net/images/smilies/wbc.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Ui9R7Wx.gif

Other than one has already been caught and one will soon be caught I don't really see your point? I've ran a few cycles in my day, it's not a big deal to me. I will say that only two types of people have her jaw and cheeks. Jay Leno and extreme HGH users. Again, I don't give a shit either way. I thought Pride was far more exciting because they allowed juicing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I had an Olympic medal in Skiing would that make me more qualified to talk about how horrible women's MMA is? Dan Henderson has an Olympic medal and he's one of the worst wrestlers ever to set foot in the Octagon. He literally gets taken down by professional kickboxers...from the clinch. And I've already went over in the last thread how many Olympic medalists in Judo have been tapped and otherwise destroyed by far less accomplished BJJers. As for me I've got a blue belt in BJJ and about 90 minutes of Muay Thai training. My biggest claim to fame is never missing a UFC since 8, a pre-2000 sherdog account, and I watched the Japanese stream of the very first Pride. I had to stay up till 5am on a Sunday morning at least once a month but my God was it worth it to watch real MMA.

None of that has any bearing on the state of the women's divisions and how disgustingly shallow the talent pool is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

Yup, you post just like a sherdogger.

Pretty sure Rhonda would tear your arm off.

Go watch the video of her And BJ rolling. Unless you're better than BJ she'll handle you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://cdn.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Bethe-Correia-UFC-177-post-press-750x370.jpg
View Quote

Wasn't that in no country for old men?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No hate here, but both of those gals look like they could dismember you with their sphincters.  
View Quote

I don't think that's the kind of clench they mean.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#17]
MAN Correia has some horse power!  Imagine a triangle from that bottom...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup, you post just like a sherdogger.

Pretty sure Rhonda would tear your arm off.

Go watch the video of her And BJ rolling. Unless you're better than BJ she'll handle you.
View Quote

I've seen vids of BJ rolling at 10% before, I don't need to see another one. We both know that If he wanted to embarrass her he could tap her every 10 seconds.

She might very well tear my arm off, I'm a fat drunk who hasn't been in the gym in years. I could probably defend the throw for about 30 seconds until I gas out and that would pretty much be the end of me. I guess we'll add the overweight blue belt who can't even fit into his gi to her awesome list of victories. You want to put me below the Canadian girl that never wrestled a day in her life and above the girl who stands straight up with her chin in the air while punching? Right in the middle. That sounds fair.

I'm still not sure what this has to do with the women's divisions being shit though.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
would be bring in a fight with a pissed-off Rowdy.

Lots and lots of blood.
And gore.

imho ymmv

View Quote

Ground & pound to aaaaaaaaaalmost victory. Stops. Stands up. Lets opponent recover a little. Resumes beating. Continues until ref stops it or it goes to the judges.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you on drugs?

Lol dude has a Sherdog account. Look out.

The only fighting this keyboard warrior does is with his Pokemon cards.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

Hmmm... ok, you watched Japanese MMA and then say Ronda is juiced? You know those guys had enough testosterone in them to kill an elephant and Ronda has never even had a questionable test in all the years she's been tested. A sherdog account makes sense. While reading your drivel, I was thinking, "Is this fucking Sherdog?"

Sure BJJ guys have tapped Judo guys, but you fail to acknowledge that many Judo players have smashed BJJ guys. PRIDE was the real MMA, I will give you that. Saying her division is weak always makes me laugh. She is just dominant, similar Fedor dominating HW for a decade, Anderson Silva dominating MW for years (after getting blasted by losing record welterweights), Jones, Pierre, Et al... Everytime someone is dominate in their division, people start saying the division is just weak.

Actually Davis was knocked out standing. She said she didn't even know she was thrown until she was told. The overhand right knocked her out standing. McMann dominating and a 1 in a million knee? GTFO Also Sara said she was finished.

HAHAHAHAHAHA you need to go back to the tards at Sherdog.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol, the only fighting this keyboard warrior does is with his Pokemon cards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you on drugs?

I didn't want to come right out and say it but that's what I was thinking too. He's lucky he's got guys like us that can educate him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto. I was wondering why Rousey wanted to take on the International Lord of Hate.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I didn't want to come right out and say it but that's what I was thinking too. He's lucky he's got guys like us that can educate him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm.. Pretty sure you failed to grasp who snackgunner was talking about..
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

No, she won't release the arm when she taps or the ref says stop.  The arm will break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So.....win by arm bar in 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds.  Wow, how exciting.

No, she won't release the arm when she taps or the ref says stop.  The arm will break.

Do it fast and hard enough and they never have time to tap out.  Joint damage is no fun, my right wrist is still a bit screwed up from a student (Polish) not stopping immediately when I tapped out when training him on wrist locks.  Couldn't shoot handguns with it for months.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

I suspect we might be in some of the same Facebook groups ;-)  Larry's a good guy, wish he was going to be at a convention next month that has a shooting trip, he had fun the previous time he went out with us.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Those thighs tho.

Damn.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Some, here, know whereof we speak. Some dont.

It is interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They'd both look better doing a cooking show.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I loved the Rousey interview where she was so proud of the UFC for not making a 'Women's division' distinction "like every other sport does." Yeah okay, go fight one of the men then...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#32]
In before the Army tries to recruit Rhonda for Ranger school.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I've been saying. You can really tell who has spent some time rolling with legit high level grapplers and who has watched it on Youtube. I'd like to enter them all in NAGA and let them get a dose from a one-stripe white belt.

And you can also tell the people who can't understand sarcasm or jokes are coincidentally (or not) also the most horrible white knights ever.

I mean seriously, what grown man posts on Sherdog. Strangely enough I talked to Jeff privately one time (probably 10 years ago) and even he admitted what a cesspool that place was.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#34]
OK..so we draw straws to see who tells Bethe that her dress makes her look fat?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just want to see a good fight lasting more than a minute.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're likely going to be disappointed. Bethe has shit for takedown defense and is lost on the ground. She has a puncher's chance and not much of one at that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.  I got money on Larry!

RR
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/29-Julie-Kedzie-UFC-on-FOX-8-w2-478x270.png

jesus christ! how bout a warning next time!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too

Larry is a big dude, but I was really confused as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#41]
he is going to kick his ass
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Was it a translation error? I'm not sure who well she speaks English.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Possible she doesn't let go until the arm breaks.
View Quote

She's going to break her arm but she's going to have to snap it in one quick motion.
If she holds it after the tap and the ref intervening the fine and suspension from the fight commission would be too heavy.
It's gonna be ugly.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If God wanted women to play sports he'd have made them men.

I dont know what his problem is but holy shit thats funny
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Enjoy your backwards elbow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't watch much UFC. But from the little I have watched Rousey is at a whole nother level then all the other female fighters. The fight I saw was a PPV my brothers ordered. Within seconds after the fight started  Rousey sorta hip tossed this other chick slamming her on the mat.... I think the other girl was done at that point... But then Rousey started pounding her face. The ref stopped it and the other girl was so discombobulated she didnt know the fight was over and kept wildly swinging punches into the air and wrestling with the ref as he tried to snap her out of it....... I think the womens divison is lacking really good fighters for her.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I will start by saying that I know zip about fighting. but after watching a few videos of the two on youtube I dont understand how Bethe Correia is on the same level as Ronda Rousey...

Correia looked like she was throwing random punches and doesn't have a clue how to fight. her opponents looked like chicks in street fight videos.

The energy Rousey is going to bring to the ring will be a change for Correia, and while every punch has a chance to win, I wouldnt put money on her.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do it fast and hard enough and they never have time to tap out.  Joint damage is no fun, my right wrist is still a bit screwed up from a student (Polish) not stopping immediately when I tapped out when training him on wrist locks.  Couldn't shoot handguns with it for months.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So.....win by arm bar in 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds.  Wow, how exciting.

That's called hooking though.

-eta- as far as I know, in MMA violent/torquey limb destruction techniques are generally frowned upon by everyone not named Rhousimar Palhares or Shinya Aoki.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Ground & pound to aaaaaaaaaalmost victory. Stops. Stands up. Lets opponent recover a little. Resumes beating. Continues until ref stops it or it goes to the judges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

would be bring in a fight with a pissed-off Rowdy.

Lots and lots of blood.

And gore.

imho ymmv

Yup.

If Rowdy decided to administer a beating instead of just winning,

she could bring some serious hurt to the program.

But I think she is better than that, even this time.

She will just jump in, clean up, break a couple bones/joints and be done.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I look forward to watching the .gif of the fight the next day.
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top