Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2015 9:30:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What an epic maintenance pain in the ass... and I'm a boat apologist around here

Very pretty, that's for damn sure
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Tragic
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The family and I were at Mackinac Island this past week. We were walking the docks, looking at boats. Saw this Chris Craft docked.

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz150/DKBJR/DSCN3165_zpsvr0uk25p.jpg

What a gorgeous boat..
View Quote

Beautiful.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Classically beautiful.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that all real wood?  My neighbor across the street runs a small business in his "retirement" repairing and restoring wooden boats.  Never seen one that large over there yet though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Appears to be registered in North Carolina. Someone has a lot of money, first the boat, then the upkeep, then taking her out.

Very Nice. We see a few boats on the Upper Mississippi River here that are registered in other states too. Some have been trucked in overland, some have actually been piloted here from as far away as New York.  Makes me wonder how that one got to the lakes.

Those old Wooden craft are beautiful boats, but they're hell on the wallet. Worse than a woman.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What an epic maintenance pain in the ass... and I'm a boat apologist around here

Very pretty, that's for damn sure
View Quote

Hey, at least it's in fresh water.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the boat of a politician.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
its a beaut

and whoever coiled those lines on the dock deserves an award or some thing
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Wish i could afford a lcm type boat.

Maybe with dsl jets.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice looking boat.

Is that a Gadsden flag on the boat behind it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Appears to be registered in North Carolina. Someone has a lot of money, first the boat, then the upkeep, then taking her out.

A guy like that isn't a doctor or dentist... but someone who owns a CHAIN of doctor/dental clinics.

Very Nice. We see a few boats on the Upper Mississippi River here that are registered in other states too. Some have been trucked in overland, some have actually been piloted here from as far away as New York.  Makes me wonder how that one got to the lakes.

Those old Wooden craft are beautiful boats, but they're hell on the wallet. Much, Much Worse than a woman.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those old Wooden craft are beautiful boats, but they're hell on the wallet. Worse than a woman.
View Quote

It's  registered in Michigan. That's an MC which is for Michigan. State boat registrations are not the same as postal abbreviations. Mississippi is MI, Massachusetts is MS, etc. Some are the same, but some aren't.

That appears to be a 1950's, possibly early 1960's vintage Chris Craft. The bow shape leads me to believe that along with the fly bridge. My family had a 1936 Chris Craft sedan cruiser growing up. Solid mahogany hull with white oak frame, this boat is probably the same.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice looking boat.

Is that a Gadsden flag on the boat behind it?
View Quote

Yacht flying a Gadsen?  Must be Hielo
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Up the Hudson River to the Erie Canal and then you can get to the whole Great Lakes and on down the Mississippi.

Wooden boats are an even bigger pain in the ass than regular boats. My friend used to be the captain on the old USS Sequoia. Its a private charter yacht now and when he was the capt it would spend 4-5 months every winter at Atlantic Yacht Basin in Chesapeake getting work down on it. Everything from new varnish and paint to replacing rotten stringers and bulkheads. AYB has a fine group of boat carpenters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top