Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2015 10:16:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#1]

I've been looking for a better, more comprehensive kit lately to keep in my SUV. What's the best deal on these right now?

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been looking for a better, more comprehensive kit lately to keep in my SUV. What's the best deal on these right now?
View Quote
Go to amazon, Celox, CAT tourniquet, Israeli bandage, nasal trumpets, occlusive dressing etc.  Cheaper to build your own kit with real parts than a box with bandaids and neosporin that won't help you when somebody actually needs real help.  

Keep it all in here with pistol and mag of choice

EDIT: I chose celox over quick clot because doctors I have talked to said it works better on people taking blood thinners.  I didn't do the research, I am merely taking several MD's word for it.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Go to amazon, Celox, CAT tourniquet, Israeli bandage, nasal trumpets, occlusive dressing etc.  Cheaper to build your own kit with real parts than a box with bandaids and neosporin that won't help you when somebody actually needs real help.    

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/ProductID/37/Default.aspx

EDIT: I chose celox over quick clot because doctors I have talked to said it works better on people taking blood thinners.  I didn't do the research, I am merely taking several MD's word for it.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/ProductID/37/Default.aspx

The newer quick clot is better than the old stuff, but yes...celox will clot Heparinized blood.  Best to get the gauze with it built in....just stuff it in the wound.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The newer quick clot is better than the old stuff, but yes...celox will clot Heparinized blood.  Best to get the gauze with it built in....just stuff it in the wound.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea I hear you, was also told the quick clot burns and decided if I ever had to use it on any of my relatives on thinners, I would choose the option that didn't add to their misery.  Small things to consider if you think you might ever use your kit on somebody who you love.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have my old one from the army I keep it in my car.  So this is good to know
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Dark Angel Kits are as close to perfect as I have found.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dark Angel Kits are as close to perfect as I have found.
View Quote
I agree they are good, but as I listed above I have customized a kit that allows me to carry a Glock 20 and extra mag.  I have all the trauma essentials I would want for basic life support.  All in a kit bag that is multifunctional.  

That all being said, the Dark Angel kits are real nice looking.  I think you come out with a final price that is a bit more.  Maybe I am wrong.  Good call though.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Start with a large advanced compression bandage, gloves and add a few extras to that.

Oales 6"
Gloves x4
Soft-w TQ
CPR NuMask
Hyfin seals
Chewable asprin
Hemostat clamp
Emt shears
Tweezers
N95 mask
Sharpie

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The wind will blow it around. You do not want that shit anywhere near your (or your patient) eyes, mouth, etc.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Ost
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This. The wind will blow it around. You do not want that shit anywhere near your (or your patient) eyes, mouth, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never had the opportunity to use celox or quick clot in the field. We don't carry either yet.  But I am told the quick clot has the undesired effects you speak of.  I was TOLD celox does not.  Any experience or guidance with that?  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#13]
An IFAK is next to useless if you don't know how to use it.  Just buying one from Amazon and throwing it in the car isn't going to do much good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

An IFAK is next to useless if you don't know how to use it.  Just buying one from Amazon and throwing it in the car isn't going to do much good.
View Quote
Agreed.  Assuming, which is a terrible thing to do, those interested in this thread might have some training or actually get some training prior to use.  But I agree with your statement if you have never used a tourniquet or occlusive dressing you might not want to waste your money unless you learn how to use the items.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top