Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone has their own goals. If you want to do a little of everything or say you do crossfit that would be a great workout.
View Quote

Oh I get that.

1) I don't like assholes who think they are fitness gods because they started Crossfit.

2) Floor presses programmed like that is retarded no matter what your goals are.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to start a service where I can hook up gym users to people that need physical chores done. Cut out the gyms, you get fit, and help people get their shit done on their property.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Gym ? LOL

A floor and a pull up bar is all you really need
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Because it's Sunday and my BJJ place is closed. I will however be up at 0345 to do cardio.
Plus BJJ Monday, Tuesday, and, Thursday. Weigh ins (155 lbs) on the 21st tournament on the 22.

And perhaps a NAGA tournament in Salt Lake City in September.
Yeah I'm good but thanks for asking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh I get that.

1) I don't like assholes who think they are fitness gods because they started Crossfit.

2) Floor presses programmed like that is retarded no matter what your goals are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone has their own goals. If you want to do a little of everything or say you do crossfit that would be a great workout.

Oh I get that.

Your preaching to choir my friend.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So thats like what? 15 minutes in penalties?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Today for my workout I did my 5/3/1 dead lift set.  Big set was at 245# you figure out the rest.  My assistance lifts were only 145# with sets of pullups between lifts.  Then I ran 5 sets:
run 5 minutes at a 8:15 mile, 20 burpees, walk 90 seconds.

Good enough.

Unless I fail the chug...  Which I don't.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

More important can you take a full power shot from Squat dog?
View Quote

LOL, well played!
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Because I was too busy drinking beer and grilling steaks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Today for my workout I did my 5/3/1 dead lift set.  Big set was at 245# you figure out the rest.  My assistance lifts were only 145# with sets of pullups between lifts.  Then I ran 5 sets:

Good enough.

I've always been shocked that no one has made burpees the first obstacle.  I guess because you can cheat them and they're not failable.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gym ? LOL

A floor and a pull up bar is all you really need
View Quote

Shhhh, if everyone did that there wouldn't be any of these great threads anymore
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tell me.  Why do you do floor presses? Because someone wrote it on the board?

Doing floor presses at 275-350 might be worth it. At 135? Stupid waste of time. 15 reps? Stupid waste of time.

Typical crossfitter. No knowledge of what and why they do something, with a superiority complex. All while being weak as fuck.
View Quote

I'm actually being serious now, do the  workout. If it's a joke then You'll do a sub 12 minute. Right?

Full power shot!  LOL, step up fatty.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, they are hard to make pass/fail. People would just half ass them to the extreme.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always been shocked that no one has made burpees the first obstacle.  I guess because you can cheat them and they're not failable.

Yeah, they are hard to make pass/fail. People would just half ass them to the extreme.

Hang a bell over their heads. Adjustable, of course, so TrojanMan can still participate.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]
im not at the gym due to an excessive amount of molsons in my fridge, and those candy bullseyes things with the caramel chewy outside, and cream in the middle.  also have some jalapeno cheddar worsts on the grill too.  yea.  better than some douche at the gym.  i do ride my mountain bike though...i walk 10mi a day at work.  jobsite, and while doing service calls.  yup.  i have a strict guideline for my figure.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Sunday is a day of worship and rest, you fucking heathens.  

Unless, of course, you are working on your body as maintenance of the temple in which the Holy Spirit resides.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hang a bell over their heads. Adjustable, of course, so TrojanMan can still participate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's as many midgets as there are man sized competitors.    And a lot of those little fuckers are like spider monkeys.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm actually being serious now, do the  workout. If it's a joke then You'll do a sub 12 minute. Right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doing floor presses at 275-350 might be worth it. At 135? Stupid waste of time. 15 reps? Stupid waste of time.

Typical crossfitter. No knowledge of what and why they do something, with a superiority complex. All while being weak as fuck.

Can you read? You are dodging my question. I made no comment on the rest of the workout, just the floor presses.

Do a deadlift AMRAP at 405. Stop when you let go of the bar. No adjusting your grip once you start your first pull. 3-2-1 GO!

Oh wait, that's more than you can pull? I'm so sorry.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Unless, of course, you are working on your body as maintenance of the temple in which the Holy Spirit resides.
View Quote

bible thumper.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Can you read? You are dodging my question. I made no comment on the rest of the workout, just the floor presses.

Do a deadlift AMRAP at 405. Stop when you let go of the bar. No adjusting your grip once you start your first pull. 3-2-1 GO!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can pull that.  I just can't get it off the deck....Does that count?

That shit's heavy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I jacked my knee up moving a month or so ago once that is healed up I'm going take cross fit classes.
View Quote

You already have an injury, no need to cross fit now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not. But I'll admit it'll be hard to get a few touch and go's on that. Maybe 2-3

So, back to the workout.....can you go sub 12 on it?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

bible thumper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bible thumper.

13er
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I jacked my knee up moving a month or so ago once that is healed up I'm going take cross fit classes.

He can always work on tearing a rotator cuff.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, it's not. But I'll admit it'll be hard to get a few touch and go's on that. Maybe 2-3

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you do floor presses? Particularly when programmed like that?

As far as my time...

I don't do stupid programming or cardio. That meets both of those criteria.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

rhabdomyolysis FTW!!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LoL'd.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That one's staying right here on my phone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am at the gym. Killing some caffeine before I go inside. Snow is out to buy some spiders and scorpions, though. She was bragging about the visible line on her belly this morning, so I guess that's OK.

I also have no problem posting from the gym. Of course, I don't go there to drink a crazy man's Kool-Aid.

Liar. I'm gonna need pics.

That one's staying right here on my phone.

I'll get you some skinnier ones. Gimme a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Im in the gym again fatties. Thats twice since this thread started and you guys are all still talking shit

#foreverslobs #fatandinsecure
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Im in the gym again fatties. Thats twice since this thread started and you guys are all still talking shit

View Quote

I got done lifting an hour ago. Did chest, and legs. After advice from people on arfcom, I'm doing legs 2-3 times a week.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
reps for jesus

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I got done lifting an hour ago. Did chest, and legs. After advice from people on arfcom, I'm doing legs 2-3 times a week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have it wrong, never do legs. Your only supposed to work out muslces from the fedora down and your my little pony belt up
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:50:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You have it wrong, never do legs. Your only supposed to work out muslces from the fedora down and your my little pony belt up
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legs every day

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck mlp. I lost my fedora in a huge clothes pile in my basement
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Legs every day  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legs every day  

legs all the things
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I eat my emotions, leave me alone!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Im at the gym right now achieving aesthetic godliness.
View Quote

Good for you .

Here ya go.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bunch of filthy casuals/crossfitters in this thread

Lol, I know your just stirring the pot to be funny but just curious how many of you would take on my Friday workout.

Go warm up, however you want.

Then for the SWOD (strength work out of the day) go do a 5x5 dumb bell row. Bent over, floor to chest, no jerking, get it all the way up to the chest. Do 5 sets, work up to your max for 5 reps, each arm. Most Gyms don't have more than 100lb DB so,use those. Remember, no jerking.

Now, 2 rounds of the following:

20 hang power cleans (135lbs)
15 floor press (135lbs)
1/2 mile run

Do that twice, and post up your time.

C'mon fatty........post up your time.

Good enough.

Stop being a pussy and lift some more weight.

And I have no Idea what a floor press is.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Because I was there yesterday afternoon. Going again today after work

6'3" 172lbs
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Because I don't need to.  71" (5'-11"), 155 pounds.
View Quote

You must look like a Concentration Camp survivor.

I'm 73" (6'-1") @ 195 pounds with a 33" waist and look like a super skinny beanpole,
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#41]
As soon as my cardiologist gives me the go-ahead I'm back in the gym.  Appointment is next Monday.  I've had lots of random arrhythmia's and fainting spells since December.  

Hoping I don't need a pacemaker.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I LoL'd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LoL'd.

glad someone caught the joke!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I know your just stirring the pot to be funny but just curious how many of you would take on my Friday workout.

Then for the SWOD (strength work out of the day) go do a 5x5 dumb bell row. Bent over, floor to chest, no jerking, get it all the way up to the chest. Do 5 sets, work up to your max for 5 reps, each arm. Most Gyms don't have more than 100lb DB so,use those. Remember, no jerking.

15 floor press (135lbs)
1/2 mile run

Good enough.

I Am a giant pussy.  I don't know what thT is either and you should stop being so slow.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#44]
you are wasting your time.  just run and you can get totally ripped
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I Am a giant pussy.  I don't know what thT is either and you should stop being so slow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

15 floor press (135lbs)
1/2 mile run

Good enough.

What, why, is something chasing me?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Back and bis bright and early tomorrow morning for you beta males
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Meh, finished about an hour and a half ago.

Got over the flu.

Squats, 360# 5x5, extra credit set 405#, set of 7

Overhead Press, 140# 5,4,4,3,3

Deadlift 365# 3x5, extra credit set 385# set of five.  Side note, that
officially means that I have EXCEEDED one of my pre-hernia lifts, as the
best I got before that at 385# deadlift was a set of 4.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Back and bis bright and early tomorrow morning for you beta males
View Quote

The fact that you have a "back and bis" day makes you the beta. A whole day focused on such little muscles? You need to squat and deadlift more. Beta boy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I for one embrace my corpulence.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top