Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask Kim Walker from Yorkton, Saskatchewan that question. Daughter made some poor life decisions with a POS boyfriend. Dad took care of the POS boyfriend.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/saskatchewan-father-gets-more-jail-time-for-killing-daughters-boyfriend/article586761/
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla - Jim Bishop
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It takes two to tango. Raise your daughters well.  Teach them to respect themselves.  Instil them w/ goals, and a knowledge of how the world works and boys think.  Then when they bring a boy home, be cordial.  But, find out who he is, who his parents are, how he was raised, as well as his goals and ambitions.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It takes two to tango. Raise your daughters well.  Teach them to respect themselves.  Instil them w/ goals, and a knowledge of how the world works and boys think.  Then when they bring a boy home, be cordial.  But, find out who he is, who his parents are, how he was raised, as well as his goals and ambitions.
View Quote
..and then crush his soul

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry Dad. Your daughter is getting plowed right now by one or more douchebag teens trying to get all the pussy he can. Hell, there's probably video of it somewhere.

I never bought the "Tough dad" routine. Especially when the dad was a drunk, or couldn't touch his own toes and ran out of breath on the way to the door. (like at least 3/4 or arfcom I'm guessing)
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have time for games with the girl, I don't have time for the games with the father either. If the father is a douchebag, I can only assume he raised his daughter to be the same.  I never had it come up with past girlfriends, but I would dump them if their father pulled anything.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Like you know shit about women.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please knock it off with the whole "you hurt my daughter, i kill you" crap. comes across as weak.

Was talking on phone with girl I had one date with, but respect enough for more. Unbeknownst to me, her family is there and her dad asks to speak with me. Then proceeds with the whole 'what do you want with my baby girl" tripe... and you absolutely cannot say it over the phone and be convincing, you are not Liam Neeson.

I was polite but even if he was joking like he claimed at the end of the talk, he still sounds like a douchebag.

The fact he's not a Frank Sinatra fan didn't help him either.  

I don't blame him for being protective, I would be the same but there are better ways of going about it. For starters, this should have been done in person.

Rant off..

Like you know shit about women.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll never play that game. If boy does something untoward, I'll go after his dad. I won't even worry about it either.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread is not going as OP intended.

The girls with fathers with the "or I'll kill you" mentality usually apologize about their daddy a few times in advance.  That said, I've only once encountered it myself.

Maybe it's because I'm significantly bigger than an average person, and I keep dating left wing chicks with left wing dads.  

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd836295a829a62c17c45770fd64.jpg

Maybe I meant I'm really, really fat?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a woman, fathers of daughters: don't let the mothers of your daughters ever convince them that the other girls are mean "because they're jealous." This is setting them for a lifetime of ego and hubris. The other girls might be mean because they're pmsing, just feel like it, or heaven forbid your snowflake started it. Seriously, these girls grow up into the most awful women to work with and I imagine they're no treat to date/marry either. Put your foot down, dads, because moms fuck this up all the time.
View Quote

LOL, no. Sometimes they really are just jealous.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I have two daughters and I will do anything I deem necessary to protect them until my dying day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a woman, fathers of daughters: don't let the mothers of your daughters ever convince them that the other girls are mean "because they're jealous." This is setting them for a lifetime of ego and hubris. The other girls might be mean because they're pmsing, just feel like it, or heaven forbid your snowflake started it. Seriously, these girls grow up into the most awful women to work with and I imagine they're no treat to date/marry either. Put your foot down, dads, because moms fuck this up all the time.

Jealousy and envy are strong motivators for young women.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is why I had a son.
View Quote

yes, because you had 100% control of the gender of your baby.  You should tell everyone else how to make boys so they don't have to clean guns in front of future boyfriends later
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]
OP...

Question 1) why are you in a relationship with someone who inhabits the same dwelling as her parents?

Question 2) who in 2015 is talking on landlines phones, and not texting?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#15]
First date with a real girl?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
yes, because you had 100% control of the gender of your baby.  You should tell everyone else how to make boys so they don't have to clean guns in front of future boyfriends later
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is why I had a son.

What if they have to clean guns in front of their gay son's boyfriends?

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is why I had a son.
View Quote

Me too, though if some asshole threatens my teenage son we are going to do some talking and he won't be dating your fucking princess.  

He's a great kid, straight A's, black belt, loves to shoot, fishes like a fiend in the salt, volunteers at our wildlife park, great with animals - around here Dad's throw their daughters at him.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#18]
"Spartanatheart"    You have No Idea what a Father is capable of.   No idea at all.      It's something you cannot comprehend, until you have a daughter of your own.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

or I'll she'll kill you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't mess with my daughter.

or I'll she'll kill you.

Fixed.  Raise them girls right fellas.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP...

Question 1) why are you in a relationship with someone who inhabits the same dwelling as her parents?

View Quote

Excellent questions.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a daughter. Not dating age quite yet.

After having her, my only sole duty in life is to raise and protect her. I would lay my life down for her, kill for her, go to prison for her. Take that as you will.

Us old guys with daughters may seem like our prime has come and gone, but you have no idea what a father will do for his child. Don't ever misunderstand that shit!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
It's all in the delivery.  That false bravado shit is transparent.

My wife's niece was six when we (my wife not her niece you perverts) started dating.  She's called me uncle from the first time we met.  I couldn't care for her more if she were my own daughter.  

She married a guy who had a reputation as a hothead.  My BIL is weak and nerdy, so he wasn't going to be any help.  I talked to her and of course she loved him and he was nice.  I talked to him and he assured me his wild days were over.  As we were going through the receiving line at the wedding I gave him a crushing handshake, a big hug with the Vulcan death grip and whispered in his ear, "If you ever hurt her, they'll never find your body.".  All with a smile on my face.  He looked me in the eye and said, "Yes, Sir.  Never, Sir"

He's been a model citizen and a great husband and father.  That was 23 years ago.  To this day he only addresses me as "Sir".

It's all in the delivery.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
OP- Making friends and influencing people in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Excellent questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP...

Excellent questions.

Thank you, fellow.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

After having her, my only sole duty in life is to raise and protect her. I would lay my life down for her, kill for her, go to prison for her. Take that as you will.

Us old guys with daughters may seem like our prime has come and gone, but you have no idea what a father will do for his child. Don't ever misunderstand that shit!
View Quote

Big difference between that and threatening people for no reason.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

I have a feeling OP's dates father was just giving OP a hard time. OP's little special snowflake feelings are hurt.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Meh, my girls are 7 and 4.  I hope to have raised the two most dangerous girls in highschool by the time they get there.  Shoot, hunt, camp, travel the world, race track time, martial arts, they will be the badasses.  Why? Because all that will instill self confidence in them.  When you are confident in who you are you can choose a better person to be with.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Daughter can handle herself, she just graduated MCT.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]
When I got engaged a few years back my fiancee's boss came up to me and said something along the lines of, "if you ever hurt her there will be consequences for you."  

I find that really hilarious in hindsight especially because she cheated on me for years with two other dudes.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't be a hypocrite about it.

I'd be like "Use protection. If she gets an STD from you... I will make damn sure Anthrax finds its way into your sugar shaker".
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#31]
My youngest daughters ex boyfriend thought he was real cleaver too.

Right up to the point I busted his jaw and knocked his teeth out literally.

Best five grand I ever spent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Daughter can handle herself, she just graduated MCT.
View Quote

This made my day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Me too, though if some asshole threatens my teenage son we are going to do some talking and he won't be dating your fucking princess.  

He's a great kid, straight A's, black belt, loves to shoot, fishes like a fiend in the salt, volunteers at our wildlife park, great with animals - around here Dad's throw their daughters at him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I had a son.

I knew plenty of guys like that growing up - they probably had more sex than the "bad boys".  Can you clarify "great with animals"?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Please knock it off with the whole "you hurt my daughter, i kill you" crap. comes across as weak.

Was talking on phone with girl I had one date with, but respect enough for more. Unbeknownst to me, her family is there and her dad asks to speak with me. Then proceeds with the whole 'what do you want with my baby girl" tripe... and you absolutely cannot say it over the phone and be convincing, you are not Liam Neeson.

I was polite but even if he was joking like he claimed at the end of the talk, he still sounds like a douchebag.

The fact he's not a Frank Sinatra fan didn't help him either.  

I don't blame him for being protective, I would be the same but there are better ways of going about it. For starters, this should have been done in person.

Rant off..
View Quote

Oh sonny, you have a lot to learn about fathers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why did you raise your daughter to have such bad taste in boys?  

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't know if it's luck or what, but I've never had a problem with any of the girl's fathers I've ever dated.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I knew plenty of guys like that growing up - they probably had more sex than the "bad boys".  Can you clarify "great with animals"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I had a son.

He likes dogs ... lol  

My wife is the curator of a zoo so he grew up with bears, panthers, etc..

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#38]
when I was in high school, a guy  beat up my sister.  I beat him so bad he spent 4 mos in hospital and wound up getting a medical discharge from the navy and an assault and battery charge.

I'll assume that if someone hurt my daughter I'd respond about the same........

so go ahead and see how far some dads will go. Some are probably talking. Others,   will probably bury you in pieces in the west desert.   I guess you play the odds and hope you get one that won't react.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. Snap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#40]
My FIL thought I was a perfect match for his little angel.  He must have been real wise because 21 years later we are still together.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When I got engaged a few years back my fiancee's boss came up to me and said something along the lines of, "if you ever hurt her there will be consequences for you."  

I find that really hilarious in hindsight especially because she cheated on me for years with two other dudes.  
View Quote

Just an FYI, but that should have been a dead giveaway that the boss was in on it.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the lad tried to take unwanted advances with her. She texted me to come get her which I did.

Lad and I had a civil talk... Right up to the point he said "wtf you going to do about it old man"

That's when class started. He got schooled real good.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I had a son.

When the wife is super horny and needs to make another baby.  Wait till tomorrow.  It's a timing thing. Y's swim faster and X's retain potency longer.  No guarantees, and I came by the knowledge too late.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#44]

What the OP doesn't realize, some men mean it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#45]
The only intimidation I got from a girlfriend's father/brother resulted in a taste for habaneros, and a desire to learn Spanish.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Actually the lad tried to take unwanted advances with her. She texted me to come get her which I did.

Lad and I had a civil talk... Right up to the point he said "wtf you going to do about it old man"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sticks and stones, dude... Punching a kid because of something he said? You sound like a real tough guy.

Key words: "Tried" to make advances. "Civil" talk, until he said something that upset you.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nailed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy who doesn't say shit, is the one you have to be concerned about.

Nailed it.

As a young guy I can agree with that one
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sticks and stones, dude... Punching a kid because of something he said? You sound like a real tough guy.

Key words: "Tried" to make advances. "Civil" talk, until he said something that upset you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negatory, Monkey Boy.    Good Beat Down.    
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
"Whatever you do to my daughter I'll do to you"
"i licked her bum last night"
View Quote

This.

Although I don't think "ask her if it hurt when I tongue punched her fart box last night" would go over well as an answer...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top