Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Reason #235 NOT to buy in a HOA.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's most likely a spigot in the common area that people use to water the plants and stuff that they have on their terraces.  It may have been allowed in the past, but with the water prices going up they put a stop to it.  The man in the article can use a watering can for his roses like everyone else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh hard to believe the hoa agreements says they can do that  

It's most likely a spigot in the common area that people use to water the plants and stuff that they have on their terraces.  It may have been allowed in the past, but with the water prices going up they put a stop to it.  The man in the article can use a watering can for his roses like everyone else.

I suspect this is correct. Condominiums or townhouses of some sort and communal spigots for outdoor watering.

I cannot imagine an HOA that pays for water for a community of single family homes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, this guy keeps posting threads with clickbait titles.  I said so in the one he made a couple hours ago, but it seems like he never even returns to the thread after he makes them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Association is paying for the water, that means that this must be condos or townhouses, not individual houses.

This was suppose to be a CA hate thread!

HAARRUMMMPPHHHH!!!!! HAARRUMMMPPHHHH!!!!!

Yeah, this guy keeps posting threads with clickbait titles.  I said so in the one he made a couple hours ago, but it seems like he never even returns to the thread after he makes them.
Retread

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The HOA says the locked spigots are in the outdoor common areas and that water systems inside the homes are not affected.

I like all the illiterate people here who are getting up in arms about the article.  Just goes to show who doesn't read.

The locked spigots are in the common area!  Paid for by the HOA.  Use your own damn water spigot on your house!  Pay for your own water!  Jeebus Christ people!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
$65,000 over budget on water just for some outside spigots?

Horse fucking shit. You're telling me they used 30,000,000 gallons of water in a month? What the fuck are they doing, filling an olympic size  pool a week?

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Reason #235 NOT to buy in a HOA.
View Quote

Perhaps, but plenty of good reasons for buying in, if you can afford to.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Horse fucking shit. You're telling me they used 30,000,000 gallons of water in a month? What the fuck are they doing, filling an olympic size  pool a week?

View Quote

Not at all.  The article doesn't specify the period for which they're over budget.  If this were for a 12-month period, that's $5400 over per month.  You could easily achieve that through wasted usage, especially if the association covers a large number of units.  Also, with tiered-billing...the more water used, the more the utility charges per gallon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

$65K over for the year as best I can tell.   We don't know how many units (can't find the name of the complex.)

Also, they may be getting some sort of fines from their water district for not cutting use.  Cutting HOA uses may be their first line of defense for fines as residents could be renters who don't care.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Kalifornia --- Why the fuck does any normal person even live there?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because we can't all afford to live in GA
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?  Do you mean you can't afford to move?  GA is much cheaper to live in than CA.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it's home and because you can make a case that the whole country has turned one shade of shit or another..

Mild mediterrarean climate is probably #1 still.  Even a bum can hack the weather 365 days a year with minimal shelter.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You can....but people are lazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not fill a watering can in your kitchen sink, then carry it to your garden?

How about a long hose from the sink to the garden, at night when HOA is not patrolling

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i have no idea why people tolerate fucking HOAs. It's like voluntarily living in a totalitarian state....all you do is change the titles of the people 'in charge'. I don't even think the Nazis had laws about what color you painted your house, or what type of shingles you could use. They wouldn't ban flag poles / german flags either. HOAs do though. Fuck those MFers. I'd rather live in a 'hood that made 1980s Beirut seem calm than live in an HOA. I'd rather live in a Detroit hood with a whore house to the left and a crack house to the right. If every house in America was ruled by an HOA, I'd buy a motorhome. Fuck that shit with a rusty hatchet.
View Quote

Many places in CA have HOA's and you really have no option if you want to live anywhere near where you desire.  In most cases you can get elected to the HOA board and run things yourself if you have a couple days a month to burn.

Also keep in mind that CA is only liberal in 3 major population centers.  San Fran, Los Angeles, and Sacramento.  
All the eastern part of the state (rural farm lands and desert) and places like SD, OC and the sierras/rural regions to the north and very conservative.  

3 population centers filled with lowlifes, handout wanters and drug using college kids are the ones running the state.  You cant shit talk the rest of the state (95% of the land area) I used to know some shooters and hunters from CA that were blood thirsty conservatives that would make AFR shit their pants being so far right of the general population here.
There are more right wing conservative people in CA than in many southern states COMBINE.  Its just their voices are shutout by the hordes of takers that vote in handouts.

Here is a rough map/general idea

another one (last governor race)

pres election bush vs. gore  (colors are inverted, red-democrat)

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks like some kind of mix of condos and standalones in a micro- managed community.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Association is paying for the water, that means that this must be condos or townhouses, not individual houses.

Looks like some kind of mix of condos and standalones in a micro- managed community.

Let's call it what it really is.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What?  Do you mean you can't afford to move?  GA is much cheaper to live in than CA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if my income is tied to living in this state.  Stay, fucked up laws but an excellent living.  Move, and I'm just an unemployed bum.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How about a long hose from the sink to the garden, at night when HOA is not patrolling

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not fill a watering can in your kitchen sink, then carry it to your garden?

Semper Vigilo
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]

The HOA says the locked spigots are in the outdoor common areas and that water systems inside the homes are not affected.

View Quote

They shut off communal area spigots that people were using to wash their cars in order to avoid running up their own water bills.

I have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I like all the illiterate people here who are getting up in arms about the article.  Just goes to show who doesn't read.

The locked spigots are in the common area!  Paid for by the HOA.  Use your own damn water spigot on your house!  Pay for your own water!  Jeebus Christ people!
View Quote

It also says in addition to padlocks the water has been shut off to them anyway, but that doesn't stop the silly little GD chest-thumpers from posting their dumbass bolt cutter memes and whatnot.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They shut off communal area spigots that people were using to wash their cars in order to avoid running up their own water bills.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh how the truth is so damaging to the GD narrative...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what the situation is here, but when I lived in a condo I didn't have a water spigot outside my unit.  There was a designated "car wash" location, and we were forbidden from washing our cars in our own driveways.  

I much prefer my current home on three acres ...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate HOA's, I had to deal with them this week over my unleashed, highly trained shepherd stepping outside 3 feet to take a piss and go back inside.  However, in this situation, the FSA need to STFU and good for the HOA board.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also. the HOA is probably buying the water as a whole for a discount rate rather than individual.

If it is anything like here in NH, Your septic/sewer bill is calculated by how much water that you use.

That will also ad more cost to the HOA.

You guys who are attacking the HOA dont have a clue. The HOA is a nonprofit business so they do what they can to keep the cost down for the members. But the members who are renting these units out are running a business inside the HOA. That could be against the HOA By_laws but it is not being enforced by the HOA. That is there own stupidity.

What the report should have done is broken down the cost per CF of water and if there are any penalties involved.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#25]
If you live in an HOA and have a problem with how its run, get on the damn board.  In most cases its as easy as running for it at election time each year since most people are too lazy to give a damn.  Then you call the shots.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top