BCM
User Panel

Page / 245
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. You'd think the people who've been bitching for 3 weeks about Morgan's refusal to kill people would at least appreciate knowing WHY he's that way now. He's clearly terrified that killing someone will put him back in "clear" mode and he'll never return. He's not mentally cured, he's just found a way to keep a tenuous hold on his control.

I found it to be well written and acted, with the exception of how Eastman was bitten. It was too contrived, considering the multitude of ways Eastman could have intervened that wouldn't have gotten him killed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, I liked it.

TWD needs to run a warning scroll before any episode that focuses on character development so that the ADHD crowd can double up on their Ritalin.

This.

I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. You'd think the people who've been bitching for 3 weeks about Morgan's refusal to kill people would at least appreciate knowing WHY he's that way now. He's clearly terrified that killing someone will put him back in "clear" mode and he'll never return. He's not mentally cured, he's just found a way to keep a tenuous hold on his control.

I found it to be well written and acted, with the exception of how Eastman was bitten. It was too contrived, considering the multitude of ways Eastman could have intervened that wouldn't have gotten him killed.

the thing about backstory is that it needs to be a good story.  otherwise it's just a waste of screen time.  the story of this episode is morgan clearwalker goes to degobah.  that had potential, but george lucas managed to do a much better job telling a similar story in about 20 minutes of screen time.  those 20 minutes were funny, poignant, and even exciting, because they constantly played against our expectations.  what was the story here?

-deranged morgan tries to rob degobah and kill yoda.

-yoda "imprisons" morgan, and takes him through a PTSD counseling session.  as a physical component of the therapy, yoda encourages morgan to undertake aikido practice.

-yoda tells morgan that he once killed a guy, but it didn't make things better.  he says that killing is unhelpful.

-morgan shows a little improvement, but regresses when taken off the planet.

-this regression gets yoda killed.

-morgan heads back out into the galaxy, somewhat better, but somewhat worse.

that's the entire story of the 80-minute episode.  this same story could have been done just as effectively in 20 minutes.  hell--they could have gotten the same exposition across in 5 minutes, as morgan recounts the story to junior sith wolf.  nothing in the episode added anything, or made morgan's history any more compelling.

not only was there not enough story to fill all that screen time, but what story there was was told in exactly the way that anyone would expect.  eastman (a great casting choice) had a couple of mildly funny lines, but that's it.

story is action and reaction.  the best stories give us what we want--and what we know needs to happen--but gives it to us in an interesting way that we would't have expected.  absolutely nothing in this episode was unexpected.  and that's just not good storytelling.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Look, I liked the episode...

Was it the best ever?  No, far from it.  

But it gave a little backstory on Morgan and how killing everything in your way has affects on one's psyche down the road.

There can't always be fighting with other groups and tons of walker killings so we need a little story here and there to tie it all together.

I am not a big soap opera fan either but character development is important to the plot lines of a story.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the season so far and last nights episode. It could always be worse, like spending a season looking for Sophia.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Open the door! Open the door I say! In the name of King Arthur, open the door!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My closed captioning last night had it as Rick saying it and that seems more probable.... Glen's comeback would not be done in so cavalier a manner...
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Hey, I was taught to shoot (revolver) using that grip, and I occasionally lapse into it when I'm not paying attention.  It hasn't bit me so far.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What Morgan is doing is for selfish reasons.

He has found a way to regain his sanity and maintain it.  We may not agree with his code, but as a quasi-pacifist who believes all life is sacred I don't think that harms the group so long as they don't rely on him to carry out any lethal violence to living human beings.  

Yes, Morgan let the two in the woods go who later found the backpack of photographs. However, if Morgan had never come upon them they would have also lived and found the backpack anyways. I can't blame Morgan for the Wolves finding the backpack of photographs as he had no possible way to foresee that at the time and I think the wolves would have attacked without the photographs.  

Yes, Morgan did not eliminate the Wolves who later assaulted Rick, but had Morgan not been in that location in the first place who would have?  At least Morgan did force those Wolves to retreat.  I can't blame him for the actions the Wolves later took against Rick.  

Alexandria is in need of every able body person and Morgan is an able bodied person who isn't at this time a threat to the group.  I think you take what you can get in that situation and welcome Morgan with open arms just keeping in mind that he will not use lethal force against other people.  

I'll tell you what as well.  The fact that Morgan didn't harm the Wolves and if Rick is wise enough to treat his Wolf prisoner well and even return him to his people it could have the added benefit of having members of the Wolves surrender more easily to them or perhaps even just abandon the Wolves completely in favor of joining him.  You know the Soviets didn't usually torture spies they captured, but instead would treat them very well in hopes of turning them as double agents.  A smart strategy that the British also employed during WW2 against the German spies they captured.  The kind treatment of prisoners by US and Coalition forces during the Persian Gulf War likely helped the mass surrenders by Iraqi troops.  

I think there is a place in Alexandria for Morgan. I think that Rick should listen to his counsel and weight it in his decision making when it comes to employing violence. I always think there is a danger to having too many "yes" men all on the same page in a situation especially when it comes to being a leader.  The problem I think though that could present itself is Morgan trying to force his beliefs on everyone rather than respecting the group's decisions.  The other problem I see is Rick trying to be a dictator instead of an Administrator/Military leader and making all decisions on his own.  This all goes back to the major problem for the entire group in that they don't have a system of governance established. If the people want Rick to be a dictator than so be it. The Roman Republican Senate would install dictators for fixed terms to help them through crisis, but I think a more democratic system would benefit everyone.

View Quote
Are you the type that asks, "if I would have left the house 5 minutes later, would that have been me in the fatal accident?"

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think Talking Dead hit on his nature pretty accurately... Morgan due to his mental state is very binary, he is either full on "Clear" or full on "Cheesus". A man of absolutes... which is what makes him an interesting character for me as you cannot hold a moral position like he holds in the world of the walking dead for long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just sad that it seems like Morgan was a cool guy kicking ass and taking names, he disappeared, then came back as a bleeding heart pacifist.

It's like he went away to college.  

I think Talking Dead hit on his nature pretty accurately... Morgan due to his mental state is very binary, he is either full on "Clear" or full on "Cheesus". A man of absolutes... which is what makes him an interesting character for me as you cannot hold a moral position like he holds in the world of the walking dead for long.

Sort of like an alcoholic who is on the wagon. He knows how to drink... REALLY drink... which is why he won't drink at all.  

Once he gets the taste of blood again he's gonna be a killdozer trapped in a man's body.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice summary!

To a different point regarding Morgan...I believe the viewers saw some symbolism (for lack for a better term) in his defense of the goat. Was it just me or did Morgan turn it on when he looked back and saw the crying goat? He went full Rambo in order to protect it.

Do we see a Morgan who will go on to feverishly defend the young in Alexandria? Perhaps Rick fails Coral at some point and Morgan defends him to some capacity?

I dunno, I just saw something in Morgans eyes when fighting for that goat.

Quoted:

the thing about backstory is that it needs to be a good story.  otherwise it's just a waste of screen time.  the story of this episode is morgan clearwalker goes to degobah.  that had potential, but george lucas managed to do a much better job telling a similar story in about 20 minutes of screen time.  those 20 minutes were funny, poignant, and even exciting, because they constantly played against our expectations.  what was the story here?

-yoda "imprisons" morgan, and takes him through a PTSD counseling session.  as a physical component of the therapy, yoda encourages morgan to undertake aikido practice.

-yoda tells morgan that he once killed a guy, but it didn't make things better.  he says that killing is unhelpful.

that's the entire story of the 80-minute episode.  this same story could have been done just as effectively in 20 minutes.  hell--they could have gotten the same exposition across in 5 minutes, as morgan recounts the story to junior sith wolf.  nothing in the episode added anything, or made morgan's history any more compelling.

not only was there not enough story to fill all that screen time, but what story there was was told in exactly the way that anyone would expect.  eastman (a great casting choice) had a couple of mildly funny lines, but that's it.

story is action and reaction.  the best stories give us what we want--and what we know needs to happen--but gives it to us in an interesting way that we would't have expected.  absolutely nothing in this episode was unexpected.  and that's just not good storytelling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, I liked it.

TWD needs to run a warning scroll before any episode that focuses on character development so that the ADHD crowd can double up on their Ritalin.

This.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My closed captioning last night had it as Rick saying it and that seems more probable.... Glen's comeback would not be done in so cavalier a manner...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto, I'm guessing someone photoshopped it to spur the hype
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh, I liked it.

This.

We'll have to just disagree then. I did find it to be a good story.

Perhaps the story could have been told in 20 minutes, but people wouldn't have given a damn about Eastman, nor would it have changed any views or opinions about Morgan. I also won't be surprised if there turns out to be some significant foreshadowing from this episode. It's the kind of thing this series is well known for.

Also, Walking Dead isn't in the habit of jumping from storyline to storyline within a single episode, especially when dealing with back story. If you tell Morgan's story in 20 minutes of a 45 minute show, what other story are you going to shortchange?

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nice summary!

To a different point regarding Morgan...I believe the viewers saw some symbolism (for lack for a better term) in his defense of the goat. Was it just me or did Morgan turn it on when he looked back and saw the crying goat? He went full Rambo in order to protect it.

Do we see a Morgan who will go on to feverishly defend the young in Alexandria? Perhaps Rick fails Coral at some point and Morgan defends him to some capacity?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice summary!

Quoted:

Interesting point. That goat meant something to someone he had grown to care about. Might be something that springs out later.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Or, you know, we genuinely liked something you didn't like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how every time there's a slow episode the artsy crowd comes out of the woodwork to explain how much they loved it, due to their profound intellect.

I'm guessing they're the same people who post "Who?" whenever anyone mentions a celebrity, and/or make a point of telling people that they are only going to a concert to see the opening band.

I liked it just fine. I just don't think that makes me the reincarnation of Socrates.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My closed caption says it's Rick yelling at the gate,
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I liked it just fine. I just don't think that makes me the reincarnation of Socrates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how every time there's a slow episode the artsy crowd comes out of the woodwork to explain how much they loved it, due to their profound intellect.

I'm guessing they're the same people who post "Who?" whenever anyone mentions a celebrity, and/or make a point of telling people that they are only going to a concert to see the opening band.

That's good then, because I'm the reincarnation of Gene Siskel.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Y     11/2 hrs

by hyping the hour and a half show guarantees commercial revenues the perfect vessel
to get more ads is a longer show with an excited audience.

It cost money to make the shows and generate a profit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Perhaps the story could have been told in 20 minutes, but people wouldn't have given a damn about Eastman, nor would it have changed any views or opinions about Morgan. I also won't be surprised if there turns out to be some significant foreshadowing from this episode. It's the kind of thing this series is well known for.

Also, Walking Dead isn't in the habit of jumping from storyline to storyline within a single episode, especially when dealing with back story. If you tell Morgan's story in 20 minutes of a 45 minute show, what other story are you going to shortchange?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

we gave a damn about yoda, and it only took 2 scenes of 'empire' to make that happen.  that's the difference between good and mediocre storytelling.  remember back in season 1, when we weren't sure about darryl?  because frank darabont is a good storyteller, he got us all on board with darryl in a couple of flashbacks.  we came to understand why darryl was the way that he is, and his complicated relationship with merle.

what opinions changed about morgan?  we knew that he bounced back and forth from the levelheaded guy who saved rick, to the basket case 'clear' mode, to refusing to kill anything...even when his refusal to kill anything resulted in the deaths of people he cared about.  sp what happened?  obviously, he had some sort of epiphany.  this whole episode was intended to show how he arrived at that, but it didn't really do it.  we never get to see how and why his thinking changed--we just saw that it changed.  

think about 'clear' for a second.  the most potentially interesting thing in this episode was to find out what 'clear' really meant in morgan's mind.  had the writing been better, that absurd "i have to clear" line could have taken a very interesting turn into exactly the psychology that the episode was trying (but failed) to get at. why didn't morgan differentiate between walkers and the living?  killing walkers is all well and good, but why did he feel entitled to kill the living?  was it just self-defense?  something else maybe?  if he kills them because they're "already dead", then he's already dead too--why not put a bullet in his own head?  why does he insist that eastman kill him, instead of doing it for himself?  why does he keep going?  is he trying to cleanse the earth or something?  does he have any idea at all?  all these questions could have made the episode interesting, but they got glossed over--we just had to watch morgan making faces and meaningfully sweating.

if you don't like the yoda example, the bulk of this episode was pretty much identical to tom cruise's "some small measure of peace" sequence in "the last samurai".  because zwick is a good storyteller, he accomplished exactly the same thing in about 20 minutes of screen time, and did a much better job of it.  everything was interesting, and everything was in there for a reason.  we didn't get 7 minutes of bloated exposition about the guy eastman killed--we just needed to know that a guy killed his family, eastman took revenge, and it didn't fix anything.  that was eastman's epiphany.  what was morgan's?  we still don't know--maybe the goat, as mikepiet suggested.  but what this episode confirmed for me is that i no longer give a shit.  morgan is still in crazytown, and in an uninteresting way.  hopefully they'll fix that in future episodes, but right now, his character is less interesting than andrea's ever was.

in the end, the intent behind this episode is pretty clear--production efficiency.  it was a single-location shoot with only 2 actors and the 2nd unit production team.  why they gave it 90 minutes just baffles me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#18]
My guess is that the actor who plays Morgan needed to be induced into coming back to the series and one the ways they did that was to give him his own episode basically centered around his character.  He is after all a pretty accomplished actor in the UK having been in a few films over there.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't find Morgan uninteresting at all. Consider for a moment that he could be one death (intended or otherwise) from going full clearance mode on everyone around him, and the best part is nobody knows it. I don't think the epiphany you're looking for ever really happened. Morgan isn't "cured". He's a potential time bomb and only extended time around other people is going to show us if he goes off or not.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. Especially since you seem to think George Lucas is a good writer.  

[Just kidding about that last part. Sort of.]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. Especially since you seem to think George Lucas is a good writer.  

View Quote

But in all seriousness Empire has more of Kershner's fingerprints on it than Lucas, Kershner being something of a savant when it comes to handling characters.

And to a degree I think sirensong is spot on in his critique. I liked the little moments in the episode but the broader picture was kind of staid with this languid Malick-esque "overlingering"... they even hit on it on Talking Dead, that the director just wanted them to really walk around their dialog and not feel confined by timecode.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I think Morgan needs to CLEAR

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#23]
In TWD universe, is there no winter?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I liked last night's episode. My takeaways from it were:

- Lenny James is a great actor

- The other guy from Tenacious D is also a great actor

- Stephen Williams is either a pseudonym for Terrence Malick or he had the Terrance Malick playbook open to page one

- If there was an episode this season that could be submitted for an award and have the words "for your consideration" put in front of it, it is this one

It will be interesting to see where they go from here with Morgan. The episodes leading up to this one painted a picture of Morgan's absolutism but the episode last night showed us a man who's convictions may be built on feet of clay. I can see the stars aligning for one hell of a mid season finale if things continue on this course.
View Quote

John Carrol Lynch - not a member of Tenacious D:

Kyle Gass of Tenacious D:

I can see how you might confuse the two.

Kyle was hilarious in Elf.

Lynch was Frances McDormand's husband in Fargo.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
But in all seriousness Empire has more of Kershner's fingerprints on it than Lucas, Kershner being something of a savant when it comes to handling characters.

And to a degree I think sirensong is spot on in his critique. I liked the little moments in the episode but the broader picture was kind of staid with this languid Malick-esque "overlingering"... they even hit on it on Talking Dead, that the director just wanted them to really walk around their dialog and not feel confined by timecode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I actually agree on the Empire stuff. I just couldn't resist the Lucas jab, since he's ruined my favorite childhood franchise.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI3NjM3MDg4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDk5NDMz._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Kyle_Gass.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI3NjM3MDg4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDk5NDMz._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Kyle_Gass.jpg

I think my humor does not translate well to print.

Quoted:
No, I actually agree on the Empire stuff. I just couldn't resist the Lucas jab, since he's ruined my favorite childhood franchise.

Oh Luke Scenewrecker is high on my list of hate as well. Perhaps "hate" is a strong word... "digitally remastered dislike".
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe we have it all wrong - maybe he is a Scientologist
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Interesting point. That goat meant something to someone he had grown to care about. Might be something that springs out later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice summary!

Quoted:

Eastman also told him he "Would hold a baby again" And he has already done that on the front porch of Ricks place. My take is the Idiot is going to get out and do something to the baby, and Morgan will go old "Clear" him...
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lawrence kasdan is a fantastic writer, and kershner is a fluid visual storyteller.  the reason empire is the best of the bunch is that it has the least amount of lucas.

i guess the reason i'm so annoyed is that the ep started out well (with eastman sort of mocking morgan).  but then it was just predictable, on-the-nose dialogue.  i'm thinking about the goat more and more, and i think the episode would have been far better had it been framed around this incongruous thing.  "let me tell you a story about a goat".
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead-season-6-winter-snow/

Interesting. Zombicles? Wonder how the comics deal with frozen zombiepops.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't find Morgan uninteresting at all. Consider for a moment that he could be one death (intended or otherwise) from going full clearance mode on everyone around him, and the best part is nobody knows it. I don't think the epiphany you're looking for ever really happened. Morgan isn't "cured". He's a potential time bomb and only extended time around other people is going to show us if he goes off or not.
View Quote

Really good point. You do get the sense after the last episode that he could slip back into insanity especially if he were to lose someone he formed a bond with.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it just me, or is the Wolf that Morgan locked in the house look an awful lot like Nick Clark (aka doper-kid) from Fear the Walking Dead?  

If so, there's a pretty interesting story building.  Like how he got from a boat off the coast of California all the way to Alexandria...and hooked up with the Wolves.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Lynch ("Eastman") only had 5 days to learn/practice any staff technique before they filmed.

Given his otherwise excellent portrayal of this character, I can forgive the sloppy fight scene.  YMMV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Halfway through tonight's episode. Terrible fight scene between Morgan and his new host. Like really bad. In fact, I find Morgan to be a lame character.

Lynch ("Eastman") only had 5 days to learn/practice any staff technique before they filmed.

Given his otherwise excellent portrayal of this character, I can forgive the sloppy fight scene.  YMMV.

Lynch did a fine job. Morgan is what's lame.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Really good point. You do get the sense after the last episode that he could slip back into insanity especially if he were to lose someone he formed a bond with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think dialectic is the whole point here.  'clear' (thesis) doesn't work, and neither does hippie no-harm (antithesis).  so he has to find his own way somewhere in the middle (synthesis).

that has been the single most consistent theme throughout the series.  the characters are constantly tacking back and forth between hard pragmatism and humanistic idealism: between shane and dale.  the governor and hershel.  terminus and alexandria.

if you don't go in for hegel, TWD is also a perfect example of virtue ethics reasoning.  for aristotle, a virtue is a mean between opposing extremes, both of which are wrong.  courage is the classic example--a position between cowardice (letting fear make decisions for you) and foolhardiness (refusing to consider consequences).  most importantly, a virtue is not a rote rule--sometimes you have to tend more towards one extreme and sometimes the other.  phronesis--practical wisdom--is how we decide.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It snows on Alexandria in the comics - probably pretty hard to replicate since the show is filmed over the summer in GA.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He may or may not be a liberal. I don't know.

I didn't hear a shot at Bush. The one guy was making fun of monarchies... "We don't have Presidents producing our next Presidents."

And Hardwick laughed and pointed out the Bushes... Yes we had father/son presidencies, so we HAVE had that happen.

Nothing more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardwick took a shot at Bush last night too - he's probably a flaming liberal.

He may or may not be a liberal. I don't know.

I didn't hear a shot at Bush. The one guy was making fun of monarchies... "We don't have Presidents producing our next Presidents."

And Hardwick laughed and pointed out the Bushes... Yes we had father/son presidencies, so we HAVE had that happen.

Nothing more.

And the Bushes are related to every Royal  House in Europe....
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, I liked it.

This.

Actually i really like Morgan until this episodd, now i detest him.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#42]

That would be le shark jumping instant.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here's an interesting question I had: does anyone else know Morgan has caught himself a wolf?

There does not appear to be much time passing between the initial attack and Morgan's little polite interrogation. And seeing as we do not see Morgan transporting him when he crosses paths with Carol in the immediate aftermath I'd assume that he konked him and put him in the drywall prison just before that scene.

It would be really bad if Morgan tried to keep his little pet secret, as cuttywolf will probably jack-in-the-box the first person who tries to enter the drywall prison if they don't know he's there. (And we have that scene in the previews for next week of Porch Mom being surprised by someone with scraggly hair inside a house)

I also find it humorous that everyone Morgan has tried to "let live" has been killed by Rick or Carol. And when Rick gets back he or Carol are probably going to kill cuttywolf as well.
View Quote

In the episode where everything is falling apart in Alexandria, towards the end, that wolf brawls with Morgan, and Morgan gains the upper hand. The episode either ends, or it cuts to someone else. But, at the time, I thought he killed the wolf.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In the episode where everything is falling apart in Alexandria, towards the end, that wolf brawls with Morgan, and Morgan gains the upper hand. The episode either ends, or it cuts to someone else. But, at the time, I thought he killed the wolf.
View Quote

Yep, that scene ended with Cheezus simply saying "I'm sorry" to cuttywolf and smacking him (ending with a hard editing cut), leading us to believe that he had killed him. The next time we see Cheezus that episode he is walking down the street carrying his friendly stick and what appears to be his lunch and Carol walks by him gives him so much shade you'd think she was a tree. Which added to the inkling that he had killed cuttywolf... but nope, this episode we see he kept him as a pet. I just wonder how many people know about his precious pet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That would be le shark jumping instant.
View All Quotes

Do you know what that means?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
TFrom the teasers and sneak peek of next episode:
.Looks like Megan's going out looking for her man.

Carl gonna have to kick some junior league ass to get the kids in line.

Now to Morgan
Well it pretty much was an episode about Morgan's life after the first breakdown. I think we all kind
of knew what the story was and how he got to where he was at . They gave us a visual.

A couple of things that stood out for me was stick man at one point said everyone cannot
be rehabilitated. There are some that are just psychopaths and there's nothing that can be done.
Which led up to the story of him imprisoning the guy who killed his family. Morgan is conflicted  
and I feel he can go back to killing at the flip of the switch circumstances just have to be right
. Furthermore the wolf that is tied up and put away it seems to be the overwhelming thought
that morgan is trying to rehabilitate him. I feel it may be he's taking his mentors playbook and may
be planning to starve the guy to death as a way of cleansing.

b
View Quote

Is Megan Gene's chinese girlfriend?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Morgan is a liability, and his hesitation in offing bad guys is going to cost Alexandria dearly

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep, that scene ended with Cheezus simply saying "I'm sorry" to cuttywolf and smacking him (ending with a hard editing cut), leading us to believe that he had killed him. The next time we see Cheezus that episode he is walking down the street carrying his friendly stick and what appears to be his lunch and Carol walks by him gives him so much shade you'd think she was a tree. Which added to the inkling that he had killed cuttywolf... but nope, this episode we see he kept him as a pet. I just wonder how many people know about his precious pet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a nasty suspicion that morgan is going to try to 'rehabilitate' the wolf in the same way that eastman tried to rehabilitate morgan...with predictable results.

over/under on body count is 11.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There was never a point in the episode where Eastman mentioned whether he turned or not. For all we know, he did turn and Eastman put him down but doesn't feel a need to explain it to Morgan/viewer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thing about Eastman's story.

When he starved the psychopath to death, he then leaves for home in Atlanta.  That's when he finds out that everything has collapsed.  Since it took 47 days for him to die, and about a month for things to fall apart, it looks like he caught the psycho, put him in the cell, and up to about two weeks later the outbreak goes hot.

Why is this relevant?  

The psycho died after the outbreak started, but did not turn.

There's some lag time with whether or not you will turn after being killed at the beginning of the outbreak.

So, whatever contagion causes this, it must have spread silently very quickly.

But if you were quarantined effectively, you may be spared.

So I don't think the contagion spread over a long period of time, and not everyone will necessarily have it.

Oh, and I really liked this episode.  I thought it was a great example of how resilient people can be and how they can adopt different viewpoints when faced with the same situation.

Even though Eastman took a Life Positive path, he was no coward, or limp-wristed pussy.  He had no trouble dispatching walkers and was not scared.  Even when bit he kept things together.  He struck me as someone calm and collected, not losing his water over shit.  I mean, look at his place.  He had his shit together.  If the Curse of Morgan had not occurred, he would have perfected his goat cheese recipe, and maybe that young couple that Morgan met in the woods would have showed up instead, and the three of them could have lived and had a good run.

There was never a point in the episode where Eastman mentioned whether he turned or not. For all we know, he did turn and Eastman put him down but doesn't feel a need to explain it to Morgan/viewer.

Well if he DID turn, then Eastman was in for a big fucking surprise!
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Captured wolf will be the mechanism for the group to learn about the wolves, I think they will attempt to let him join after hearing his story and he will betray them.

I think the episode was pretty good form and acting, writing and storytelling standpoint just not needed. It killed some of the momentum of the season. I think they are Emmy award hunting with this episode.
Page / 245
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top