Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2015 11:23:00 AM EDT
Anybody else?
I use a desktop PC.

Three issues I've been having for about a week;

Sometimes I'll be reading a thread. I decide to type a reply. I start my reply, go back to the thread to check some info, and all of the replies are gone. Sometimes quotes are intact, but no replies. Sometimes it's just letters scattered randomly in reply boxes.

Sometimes I'll click a hotlink, read the link, and when I go back to the thread the hotlink is a red line. No letters, just a red line that functions as the same link I clicked on. Same with Youtube videos.

Sometimes I'll click on a thread and it's all chopped up. Half of an avatar in the middle of a post, on the wrong part of the page, pictures cut into pieces and scattered, with another half of an avatar shoved in there somewhere.

I close the tab, reload the site in a new tab and everything is normal again. It happens a few times a day. I'm just wondering if others are having these issues or if my browser is borked.

Didn't have any issues until I defragged my computer. Chrome fragmented itself when it was installed. Parts here and parts there. During the defragmenting, some of the parts were moved around. I thought defragging was a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]

My post above has two letters and a coma, and the green question mark at the end.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried rebooting your PC?  I had to ask, you'd be surprised how many people don't try this.  Try clearing all cached files in Chrome.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The advertisements and firefox don't get along with each other all of the time.  The browser likes to crash if I scroll too quickly before the banner code is completely loaded.

I guess I'm going to have to pony up again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I use Chrome.

No issues like you describe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]
You got da aids....
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried rebooting your PC?  I had to ask, you'd be surprised how many people don't try this.  Try clearing all cached files in Chrome.
View Quote

I shut my computer off most nights. I also clean it at least once a week. Wipe the history, delete thumbnails, cookies, error reports that Microsoft generates, etc. I have a program that will scrub all of that stuff. Once in a while I right click on my C drive, and use the cleaning tool under properties, also.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You got da aids....
View Quote

This is possible.
But it only happens on this site.
I guess if I spent hours on other sites I might see it on those sites as well. Youtube never gives me trouble. None of the other sites I go to give me trouble. But I don't spend a lot of time on them, so...that's why I'm asking.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Chrome's acting up because it has to surf the web AND send everything you do to Google.
That's hard on a browser.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Chrome's acting up because it has to surf the web AND send everything you do to Google.
That's hard on a browser.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Be a good little sheeple and relax. It's just extracting all of your personal information and sending it to "the cloud".

Do not question Big Brother.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you installed any Windows Updates recently?  Anything video driver-related?

You might want to run CHKDSK on C: just for snicks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHKDSK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top