Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like her opponent really trained on how to nullify the hip toss.  
That was a splendid ass-whoopin, and I even happen to like Rhonda.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't dislike Ronda, but I was glad to see her get beat down with how horrible she was acting prior to the fight.  Unless she gets lucky, I predict Holly Holm will pound the shit out her the next time as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think she got much of a chance to grapple what with all the getting her face punched in.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

She got too big for her britches and slacked on training. She was gassed 1 minute in. Grapplers in particular can't tolerate that.

She was surrounded by poor coaching. That happens, too, if you have a coaching team that gets star struck and don't push you as hard as they should. It's like a programmed human nature to not want to make your star player look bad.

Surrounded by drama with her mom v coach.

Head elsewhere with movie deals, press, nekkid pitchers, etc.

And finally an opponent willing and able to bring in the hurt.

She'll either take the hint and get her shit together or crumble and fade away.

Yup. Happens all the time. It would be hard to resist that temptation and stray from the gym. A lifetime of training has got to make those mats seem pretty repetitive.

Why do you think she thought she could stand up with that woman? Why even try when her grappling skills are so strong?
I don't think she got much of a chance to grapple what with all the getting her face punched in.  

She didn't even try. She was standing up with her. Fuck, she was chasing her around the ring trying to hit her. Really odd behavior.

Very little real attempt at grappling, and never one that resulted in a dominant position.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't get why she is hiding from it, so you got beat, learn from it and get better.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/_0apsD8U7nc

Walk of shame.
View Quote

Dang.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

She didn't even try. She was standing up with her. Fuck, she was chasing her around the ring trying to hit her. Really odd behavior.

Very little real attempt at grappling, and never one that resulted in a dominant position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

She got too big for her britches and slacked on training. She was gassed 1 minute in. Grapplers in particular can't tolerate that.

She was surrounded by poor coaching. That happens, too, if you have a coaching team that gets star struck and don't push you as hard as they should. It's like a programmed human nature to not want to make your star player look bad.

Yup. Happens all the time. It would be hard to resist that temptation and stray from the gym. A lifetime of training has got to make those mats seem pretty repetitive.

Why do you think she thought she could stand up with that woman? Why even try when her grappling skills are so strong?

RR didn't have a plan for an opponent that was stronger then she was. The 2nd time RR tried to take HH down, she got picked up and thrown down. She was lost after she realized she was the weaker person in the cage. Her plan fell apart, and there was no backup plan.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

I think she believed in her own hype and wanted to beat Holly at her game.

Again, poor coaching.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't get why she is hiding from it, so you got beat, learn from it and get better.
View Quote

Because she very publicly bought her own 'I'm pretty and I can't be beaten' hype. Now she's beaten to a pulp and not looking so good. She's humiliated. If she hadn't run her mouth so much I'd feel sorry for her. Tough to learn humility with cameras rolling.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

RR didn't have a plan for an opponent that was stronger then she was. The 2nd time RR tried to take HH down, she got picked up and thrown down. She was lost after she realized she was the weaker person in the cage. Her plan fell apart, and there was no backup plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It happens.

"everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Again, poor coaching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

Again, poor coaching.

I really think that's what it was. Once she was dazed from getting hit she didn't have the capacity to change up and just went with the plan.

Bad coaching.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Reaction to setback is often what defines a champion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I'm seeing doesn't fit my definition.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Walking and hiding like that just makes her looks worse. Loser!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walk of shame.

Mentally finished. If she was pissed she wouldn't care what she looked like, she would have her angry face on
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't understand why she's hiding.  I would think most fighters are "proud" of battle scars.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Walk of shame.

Yup. FRR.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"  
View Quote

Came here to post this. Apparantly iron mike knows more than we thought he did. Maybe he should be her next trainer....
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

HH was on a serious bicycle the entire time. RR was gassed early and couldn't cut off the ring or close distance.

She was just plain outmatched. It could go the other way in a rematch...or not. HH had very effective strikes as  well as movement and positioning. Combine that with a gassed opponent whose head isn't in the game and you see what you get.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#19]
When I found out Greg Jackson was training Holly, I knew she was going to win.   Met him many years ago, when I was working in MMA.   He trains champions, and when people stay with his program, they win.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark Kerr. Vitor Belfort. Chris Leben (iirc) All fantastically talented fighters who couldn't hack it mentally for one reason or another.

This game is much more than two knuckle draggers getting in a cage and pounding on each other.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
One is a ground fighter (most wins by arm bar) the other is a 13 time world champion boxer.  What do you think happened when RR tried to box her? She got a face full of fist.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't know about y'all but I'd rather not see chicks buff-up and beat the fuck outta each other. Does not make my boner grow.
View Quote
I'm not watching women's mma to get a boner anymore than I would women's basketball,volleyball,field hockey or any other women's sport.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Wonder if she still wants to fight a man?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It happens.

Yep that's  the majority of her game.  Be the bigger gjrl, use the size to intimidate  and bully.  Watch her eyes throughout the 1st round, you could see the confedence being sapped away and confusion set in.  Look at her expression after the matador charge in the 2nd round, all hope was lost by than.
I don't even want to see a rematch at this point.  I'd rather see Holly defend against someone else and Ronda to fight Cyborg for a shot at the belt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Agreed.

If there's one thing anyone should learn in the fight game it's humility...because you can get your ass beat anytime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

If there's one thing anyone should learn in the fight game it's humility...because you can get your ass beat anytime.

I was surprised to see RR demonstrate such poor sportsmanship by not touching gloves at the beginning of the match. She was in trouble right then.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

She's hiding because it's likely her vision of herself was shattered by that kick. It wasn't just a KO in the ring, it was like taking a hammer and smashing something that's been dipped in liquid nitrogen.

She has a lot of pieces to pick up.

As far as I can tell this is her first serious setback on the path she's chosen. Most people get those earlier on and it teaches them something outside the limelight. They have to reset everything, but they go through that process out of the spotlight.

She's going to go through that in the burning glare of the spotlight...and nobody really wants to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why she's hiding.  I would think most fighters are "proud" of battle scars.

She's hiding because it's likely her vision of herself was shattered by that kick. It wasn't just a KO in the ring, it was like taking a hammer and smashing something that's been dipped in liquid nitrogen.

As far as I can tell this is her first serious setback on the path she's chosen. Most people get those earlier on and it teaches them something outside the limelight. They have to reset everything, but they go through that process out of the spotlight.

She's going to go through that in the burning glare of the spotlight...and nobody really wants to do that.

Exactly.

Her behavior, attitude, her entire persona has dripped of a child who was always good at something (whether to inherent talent, genetics, early childhood coaching, etc) and never really been challenged significantly.  Those people tend to crack when that challenge presents itself.  It's only so spectacular in RR's case because it's so rare for someone like that to make it as far as she did in social and professional recognition (whether engineered or not) before facing someone or something that can give them a dose of reality.

HH seems rather humble, I'm guessing in part because she got her ass kicked at least once on her trip to the top.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was surprised to see RR demonstrate such poor sportsmanship by not touching gloves at the beginning of the match. She was in trouble right then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I think Holm crawled up inside her ego at the weigh in and was well inside her OODA loop when the fight started.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#31]
She's reacting how I would expect a woman to react......by entering into a little depression, sulking, crying, and binge eating.

I don't doubt there have been many many many tears flowing from RR.

And that right there is why I think it's a joke when people try to say Men and Women are equal.

RR reaction is a biological one.  I don't look down my nose at her for that reaction....because she's a woman.  Been married long enough and seen it in my kids as well as my sisters growing up to know how women react to pain and adversarial setback.  They sulk.

Men, through both biological hormone response and conditioning don't "cry and sulk".  They get pissed, angry, determined, and fired up.  If they don't, if they sulk and sink into depression and a "woe is me" attitude they are looked down upon by other men....as they should be.  They are told to "stop acting like a pussy! Man the F up! Get back on that horse"

My guess.....RR will not get back in that ring with HH.  She'll "pursue other career goals".

Her head will take the longest to heal....much longer than her face.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I've seen a couple people say that.  If that surprises you, you're one of the people Hunter-Killer is talking about and have not watched many of her fights.

I've watched RR's career since her first guest appearance on TUF as "hey guys meet Rhonda she knows her shit and we're thinking about starting a women's division."  She wasn't as blatant in the beginning but her refusal to touch gloves is the smallest demonstration of her poor sportsmanship and attitude.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Her behavior, attitude, her entire persona has dripped of a child who was always good at something (whether to inherent talent, genetics, early childhood coaching, etc) and never really been challenged significantly.  Those people tend to crack when that challenge presents itself.  It's only so spectacular in RR's case because it's so rare for someone like that to make it as far as she did in social and professional recognition (whether engineered or not) before facing someone or something that can give them a dose of reality.

HH seems rather humble, I'm guessing in part because she got her ass kicked at least once on her trip to the top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Actually, she's rather intelligent and was quite challenged as a child. I heard a very good interview with her. The whole smack talk attitude thing is a schtick.

As a child, she had a severe speech problem. Forget the specifics but it was pretty bad. She overcame that with effort.

Getting to the Olympics is no small challenge, I'd say.

We'll see if she has the grit to swallow her first major loss and take another bite.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
She's reacting how I would expect a woman to react......by entering into a little depression, sulking, crying, and binge eating.

And that right there is why I think it's a joke when people try to say Men and Women are equal.

RR reaction is a biological one.  I don't look down my nose at her for that reaction....because she's a woman.  Been married long enough and seen it in my kids as well as my sisters growing up to know how women react to pain and adversarial setback.  They sulk.

Men, through both biological hormone response and conditioning don't "cry and sulk".  They get pissed, angry, determined, and fired up.  If they don't, if they sulk and sink into depression and a "woe is me" attitude they are looked down upon by other men....as they should be.  They are told to "stop acting like a pussy! Man the F up! Get back on that horse"

My guess.....RR will not get back in that ring with HH.  She'll "pursue other career goals".

View Quote

Seen PLENTY of men cry after a loss. When you put your entire soul into an effort and come up short, it's easy and natural to get emotional.

Tito explained it well to one of his fighters. Nothing wrong with emotions.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

She was in trouble at the weigh in! Actions spoke volumes before they even entered the cage.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dang.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walk of shame.

Dang.

that must have really left some marks - will they buff out
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd be surprised if RR isn't hiding a hugely swollen face and a broken jaw.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Seen PLENTY of men cry after a loss. When you put your entire soul into an effort and come up short, it's easy and natural to get emotional.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of tears at the wrestling tournaments we go to for the boys. Plenty of fits too. Emotional stuff being physically dominated by another person. I'm old and fat so it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Walk of shame.
View Quote

I was hoping she would say something. You can talk with a broken jaw but it is pretty damn noticeable.  And it sucks.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

She was in trouble at the weigh in! Actions spoke volumes before they even entered the cage.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

Yea she was acting stupid at the weight in.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, in the moment. And those tears are usually mixed with anger.

They don't cry and sulk hours later.....much less days later.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

I don't know how many mma fights you have seen but it happens a lot. Some fighters just don't touch gloves.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7sAtoQiz08

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7sAtoQiz08

Yeah, she was definitely buying too deep into her own hype.  That said, I like Holly now.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's how I saw it also. Once she found out Holmes wasn't going to be bullied. She had an oh crap moment.
Her crew didn't help either, oh yeah RR can throw blows with the best of them. She believed and got thrashed.
Honestly. I think she's done. The walk of shame, all the trash talking she, her ego all of it got wiped Saturday night. Saturday fight wasn't even close.Her bad habits are probably so badly ingrained now that she would always be fighting in her head to not fall back on them
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#49]
It's funny, the things you guys are talking about are all the reasons I'm glad my son was interested in Little League.

He learned how to work hard to achieve an outcome.

He learned how to be a gentleman after a loss.

He learned how to be a gentleman after a win.

He learned that the other guys try hard, too.

I've told him that in any pursuit in your life, there will be people more talented than you, and people less talented than you, and you have to know what to do about that.

Doesn't seem like RR really learned much of that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our oldest tore the cartilage in his ribs 4 days before state championships after winning districts and regionals. Months of recovery, both mental and physical.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top