Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
lol, QC much?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
California Compliant
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Any chance you gonna tell us who made said barrel?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

California Compliant

View Quote
I must have missed our semi auto ban.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Call the customer and tell him to bring the hole thing in when he gets a chance.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
California Compliant
View Quote

England complaint?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the barrels they use in England for straight pull Ars.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Call the customer and tell him to bring the hole thing in when he gets a chance.  
View Quote

What you done there, I see'd it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
British manufactured.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh just drill a hole what could possibly go wrong ......
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Nutnfancy can get you fixed up
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
California compliant
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
California Compliant

I could be wrong but being single shot would allow the owner to have a real butt-stock, pistol grip and removable mag would it not?  I could see that compromise vs the fixed 10 round mag and hideous buttstocks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I could be wrong but being single shot would allow the owner to have a real butt-stock, pistol grip and removable mag would it not?  I could see that compromise vs the fixed 10 round mag and hideous buttstocks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

California Compliant

My latest build:

The only thing different than a "Free States" AR is the Bullet Button and having to use 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nutnfancy can get you fixed up
View Quote

LoL

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#17]
You got some real gunsmithing to do.

First, locate center line of barrel.  Next get your gas block hole dimensioned.  Then fix the barrel in a vise and proceed to drill..but first drive a bullet in the barrel under the proposed gas port.  This supports the barrel so break through isn't an issue and prevents burr formation.

Drill away, stopping when you hit lead.  Drive bullet out of barrel and check for burr.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The only thing different than a "Free States" AR is the Bullet Button and having to use 10 round mags.
View Quote

I thought they squashed the Bullet Button.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a tier1 bench shooting barrel there. He's in the big league now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My latest build:  

http://i.imgur.com/ViWeTao.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
California Compliant

My latest build:  

How do you fix bayonet?

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
How do you fix bayonet?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

California Compliant

My latest build:  

How do you fix bayonet?

Universal Fixer - Duct Tape!

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

First, locate center line of barrel.  Next get your gas block hole dimensioned.  Then fix the barrel in a vise and proceed to drill..but first drive a bullet in the barrel under the proposed gas port.  This supports the barrel so break through isn't an issue and prevents burr formation.

Drill away, stopping when you hit lead.  Drive bullet out of barrel and check for burr.

View Quote

I would just drill and ream to size. The burr would be super thin that way. Then I would just brush the bore with a bronze or brass brush. ]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My latest build:  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
California Compliant

My latest build:  

I see that you have already popped a P-mag. Good call.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a Lancer.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

He wasn't sure just said that he bought it from Midway

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would just drill and ream to size. The burr would be super thin that way. Then I would just brush the bore with a bronze or brass brush. ]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ream?  

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ream?    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ream?    

Reamer is a straight fluted cutter. Drill undersized about .002" and run a reamer with oil in to finish. What is the hole size normally? They go all the way down to #80.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't see the pics for some reason, but I gather that there isn't a gas port drilled in it. I had that problem about a year ago with an 11.5" barrel of indeterminate manufacture. A gunsmith drilled the hole for me and all is good now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes, I know what a reamer is, just wouldn't think it would remove the burr.  Typically used for precise hole diameter and finish.

The slug in bore method is standard.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#32]
It gives the achievement mindset that you "really did it all by yourself" that way

This is the problem with the modern gunmarket.  Everyone wants to be part of gun ownership, and also everyone want to be part of the firearms industry.

The owners and manufacturers side are filled with complete idiots.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yes, I know what a reamer is, just wouldn't think it would remove the burr.  Typically used for precise hole diameter and finish.

View Quote

Wonder if his new gas port will end up in a land, groove or both?

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#34]
With ar barrels so damn cheap now wouldn't the best thing to do is buy a new one?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Reamer is a straight fluted cutter. Drill undersized about .002" and run a reamer with oil in to finish. What is the hole size normally? They go all the way down to #80.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ream?    

KeithJ could design reamers in his sleep. Has nothing to do with removing burrs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  After engraving at leade, Hertzian pressure is same on land and groove.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

KeithJ could design reamers in his sleep. Has nothing to do with removing burrs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ream?    

So.....you've never used a reamer? It isn't designed to remove a burr. It will leave a very, very small thin one that will brush away with a good bore brush. The hot gas on the first shot would take care of anything left.

The bullet in the bore would work well. I wouldn't hesitate to do it my way with no worries about hurting the bore at all. I don't know how they do it in a high speed machining environment, but I would be surprised if they used the bullet method.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my experience, a sharp reamer will almost part the burr left by the drill bit. That is assuming that the drill bit was sharp and used properly and the burr was not ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks like the barrels they use in England for straight pull Ars.
View Quote

I was gonna say... UK Import barrel????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top