Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The Harley mods may have to wait a while longer
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not everything needs to be an AR or modded to look like one. Some people just have no taste.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it is in anything but 8mm Kurz, using anything but reproduction StG-44 mags, it's fucking gay and can go eat dicks in gayland.

I get your point I guess.

It's a zazzed up clone of an old design in calibers already used by guns that probably do the job better.

Looking at it:   1800 bones + some modding for a mount + La Rue or ADM mount  +  aimpoint pro + can of krylon (to get rid of shininess and wood) and I'm up to 25 hundo on something that may or may not shoot better than the M4 set up to do the same thing.

Plus it's fugly

Insightful

Not everything needs to be an AR or modded to look like one. Some people just have no taste.

I never said make it look like one.  Red dot sights are faster and easier than irons, and glossy guns get all scuffed and scratched and I don't like wood. No railsor ccollapsible stock

Function over fashion
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I never said make it look like one.  Red dot sights are faster and easier than irons, and glossy guns get all scuffed and scratched and I don't like wood. No railsor ccollapsible stock

Function over fashion
View Quote

Rail section that will mount where the irons are, and an underfolder will be available...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd love a straight up repro as close as possible to the original only in x39.
The mags would need to be scaled properly against the original slow curved mag to keep thing looking right. AK mag=bad juju.
$1800 is WAY too much tho. $1200-1300 I would go there.

Already have one of the ATI .22lr versions.

If somebody would come out with a reasonable priced FG-42 in .308 I would be all over that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's like taking a classic sports cars, like an Aston Martin DB5 - and then putting a Chevy V8 LS1 (or whatever the corvette engine is called) - because it'll be faster, and easier to use, and more parts are available, blah blah blah.

Sure, some people might like that and think it's a great idea - but they're fools, and should be mocked and shunned.  

View Quote

If I had any desire to own an AM and those mods were the only way to get the car close to a price point I could afford, then I would probably get one.

Same goes for the HMG.  I will never be able to afford a true repro in the $5,000 range, and I'll sure as hell never own a genuine specimen.  This is the closest I'll ever come to a rifle I covet.  Bottom line is, if it works, I will shoot it a lot because it is fun.  I'm so horribly bored with ARs that the one and only that I own has been cannibalized for parts for the NDS18 receiver I bought.  

Since every arfmember is a millionaire T1 operator and I'm not, I suppose I deserve to be shunned.  I spend what little disposable income I have on things I enjoy shooting.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's like taking a classic sports cars, like an Aston Martin DB5 - and then putting a Chevy V8 LS1 (or whatever the corvette engine is called) - because it'll be faster, and easier to use, and more parts are available, blah blah blah.

Sure, some people might like that and think it's a great idea - but they're fools, and should be mocked and shunned.  

View Quote

Bingo. I am doing a bren mk2 reweld right now, and have no plans on putting rails everywhere for "extra function". Its all about form when building historical guns.
If you want to bubba that old design just admit it.

Now I like bubba builds as long as you are doing the work yourself and keep it classy. The trend of trying to make everything tacticool is why we have mossberg abortions.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I had any desire to own an AM and those mods were the only way to get the car close to a price point I could afford, then I would probably get one.

Same goes for the HMG.  I will never be able to afford a true repro in the $5,000 range, and I'll sure as hell never own a genuine specimen.  This is the closest I'll ever come to a rifle I covet.  Bottom line is, if it works, I will shoot it a lot because it is fun.  I'm so horribly bored with ARs that the one and only that I own has been cannibalized for parts for the NDS18 receiver I bought.  

Since every arfmember is a millionaire T1 operator and I'm not, I suppose I deserve to be shunned.  I spend what little disposable income I have on things I enjoy shooting.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even faberge egg?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If it is in anything but 8mm Kurz, using anything but reproduction StG-44 mags, it's fucking gay and can go eat dicks in gayland.
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it was only in 8mm kurz you'd be bitching about it not being in calibers that are accessible in 2015 and that the brand is trying to fuck customers by having the monopoly on mags
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing I can think is if they do it in .300 BLK for people like me who don't want to fuck with an obsolete cartridge (yes, I know Prvi makes it) the only way I would FO is if the mags look like originals.

I couldn't rape it with an AR mag....
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
All the quibbling over faithfulness to the original design is funny since the Hughes Amendment guarantees it will have significantly altered lockwork at a minimum.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no choice.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta go with this.

Edit: Just started watching the vids.........as long as it looks and feels like the original and the mags look pretty close........

I FREAKING WANT ONE!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure who is who, but this = DK-Prof and TexasRifleman:

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Gotta go with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta go with this.

So..you guys WANT to spend d $300 per mag on a roll of the dice as to whether or not it'll work in your particular rifle?????  They're making it in 8 kurz and they're going to make mags that externally at least mimic the originals
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah who wants to actually shoot/drive their hobbies.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No kiding.

The Daytona Sonny Crocket drove was like 60% corvette/40% Ferrari.

I'd still drive it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I said I would get out of collecting guns and more into practical calibers.

If it looks, weighs, and functions like the original.....
If this comes in 8 Kurtz....
If the mags look original.....
If the mags fit in STG 44 pouches.......
If the price is right.......

Im IN
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why not make it in 9mm?  I would be down for a Mp40 in 9mm
View Quote
do want MP40 sbr

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I might be interested after some reviews and seeing a model with the x39 mags
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Part of me wants to get one of these but the other says "it's just not anywhere near the same"....

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Take my money. Not sure what caliber, but the mp44 is fucking awesome. It's the ORIGINAL. Yeah, OK, it's a bit heavy. So what? The point of the gun isn't maximum practically, nor does it have to be. If max practicality was all that mattered, there'd be no reason for any of us to own more than 1 pistol or more than 1 rifle. Fuck that noise. Most people on this site are fans of the modern semi auto rifle, and the 44 is the founding father of that class of guns. It had, 70 years ago, what most AR people wish they had now. 16" bbl, weak side charging, big mags, full auto, very manageable recoil, medium weight bullet etc. Frankly, I don't understand why any "gun guy" WOULDN'T want one... but whatever. Sorta free country right?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Did I hear that they were making SBR versions? If that's true, I'd get one in .300 Blackout and make a clone of this:

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's a replica of a historical rifle. It exists for novelty and history. It is to be looked at, shown off, and maybe taken to the range for a few mags once or twice a year.

What's your plan? Roll with a heavy as hell, obsolete, impossible-to-find-parts-for, unproven-reliability replica rifle during the zombie apocalypse? Please. Anyone who uses "training ammunition budget" in association with "StG-44" needs to sit down and think for five minutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know about you but i actually like to shoot my rifles not spend close to 800 dollars a K    

but ya know... that's just me

It's a replica of a historical rifle. It exists for novelty and history. It is to be looked at, shown off, and maybe taken to the range for a few mags once or twice a year.

What's your plan? Roll with a heavy as hell, obsolete, impossible-to-find-parts-for, unproven-reliability replica rifle during the zombie apocalypse? Please. Anyone who uses "training ammunition budget" in association with "StG-44" needs to sit down and think for five minutes.

I originally thought this gun was the dumbest thing since un-sliced bread because their debut image had it sporting an AR15 magazine.  I'm actually interested in it now that they are saying you can get traditional-looking magazines in several of the calibers.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Exactly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly

Ask me how I know neither of you watched the videos. In the part 1 and 2 they go over how and why the gun was made as it was and its flaws. The original mag is a flaw, so it would be either RD a better mag(that wouldn't look right to you) but then have to sell it only in 7.92 or do what they did.

Dude people on this site need to start reading the OP and the links posted there, watch the video or read the article. Even for GD this is getting stupid, whether its tech or political half of the thread ends up people just reacting to the title and others reacting to their unwillingness to read or listen.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I suspect it can be scoped.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Mount looks sketchy. Needs La Rue SPR mount
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Meh, pass
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Might as well if they are doing 7.62×39

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Agreed.

What's the point of a Stg replica in an AK caliber?  Just buy an AK and save tons of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

What's the point of a Stg replica in an AK caliber?  Just buy an AK and save tons of money.

Because people want to buy an Stg they can actually shoot?  Had HMG gone 100% semi clone, they would cost $5000 because nobody would buy them because 8mm Kurz ammo is scarce and expensive.  $1800 MSRP isn't bad when you consider all the work that goes into the receiver and stamped shell.  People pay that much for Tavors, which are mostly cheap injection molded plastic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:40:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If your hobby is to drive a fast car with a modern Corvette engine, buy a Corvette (or a souped up Camaro or whatever).

If your hobby is to collect classic cars, buy a classic car.

Like I said, I acknowledge that there ARE people who think this way, but that doesn't mean I have to pretend they aren't insane.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your hobby is to drive a fast car with a modern Corvette engine, buy a Corvette (or a souped up Camaro or whatever).

If your hobby is to collect classic cars, buy a classic car.

Like I said, I acknowledge that there ARE people who think this way, but that doesn't mean I have to pretend they aren't insane.  

The point is the impracticability of owning a gun that you cannot shoot regularly, due to nonexistent parts/mags/ammo.
How many DB5s actually get drove? Not fucking many.
Ever sources parts for any classic car not to mention foreign? It's a royal PITA.
I'm not gonna spend six figures on a car that can't be drove and when it does Ive got to worry about depreciation and upkeep.
Owning a car that sits in the garage as a conversation piece is retarded. And that's the parallel with the Sturmgewer.
If you want a status symbol to post on Arfcom, buy an original.
If you want to actually enjoy what you have buy the repro and shoot the hell out of it.

ETA
Didn't you own a Semi Madsen?
How is this any different?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Wow, I made it before some Bubba started bitching that it should take AR mags.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#38]
No happy switch.. No want.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:22:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow . Did you not read/watch anything from the OP?

FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE READ/WATCH THE FUCKING OP BEFORE POSTING YOUR CLEVER COMMENT.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE READ/WATCH THE FUCKING OP BEFORE POSTING YOUR CLEVER COMMENT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off, calm the fuck down.

2. There was no bitching in the OP. I'm referring to how every time a new gun comes out there's always some arfcommer bitching that said gun is useless junk if it doesn't take AR mags.

C. Fucking '11ers
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

What's the point of a Ford Fusion, when you can buy a Toyota Camry, and have pretty much the same damn thing?

GD: The Home Of:

STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!

WHY DOESN'T EVERY COMPANY MAKE ALL THEIR PRODUCTS EXACTLY LIKE I WANT THEM?

WHY DOES THAT COMPANY MAKE SOMETHING I DO NOT LIKE?

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Part of me wants to get one of these but the other says "it's just not anywhere near the same"....

View Quote

Did you watch the videos??? the ways in which it isnt the same are GOOD things..Better, Modern Steel, Better Headspacing method..and it'll be reasonably priced... If you want Dead-balls exact, to include the fucky magazines, I think someone is making it for $5K and Mags start at $300 each...buy a bunch because they wont always work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did I hear that they were making SBR versions? If that's true, I'd get one in .300 Blackout and make a clone of this:

http://gunlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/scan_Page_06cs.jpg

View Quote

They're going to do the SBR AND the Undefolder
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#44]

The Rear sight will unbolt from the base, and they're making a pic rail section to fit it so you can put an optic on it
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Do want in 5.56 !
Love that it will take stanag mags !
9mm version must take Glock mags, haha !
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Somewhat interested in it depending on street cost. A real deal that is a direct copy would have been nicer though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Different versions for different states! It's as if the nazis knew what American gun laws would look like.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cool, but more like PTR-91 level cool.  So $800-$1100 bucks cool.  Not $1800 cool.
View Quote

But for some of us $1800 is doable. I would like one in 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pure Euro jealousy.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top