Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 72
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My 551 is made in 2003. Am I not covered by this?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, you are covered.  Others have gotten approval for the same model and year of manufacture.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
My XPS2 was delivered today via USPS.  Lets see how long a refund takes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prob gonna take a long ass time.

I looked at the eotech frequently asked questions on their page today and they added these questions/issues that came up to the top of the list. Seemed like they were trying to downplay the wording to me, or make it sound "normal" etc. I got a kick out of the wording tho.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I looked at the eotech frequently asked questions on their page today and they added these questions/issues that came up to the top of the list. Seemed like they were trying to downplay the wording to me, or make it sound "normal" etc. I got a kick out of the wording tho.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what scares me so much. I love the Eotech reticle.....but it seems like they are keeping pretty quite about it and just slapping disclaimers on their sights hoping their name and previous popularity keep them afloat. Still selling to distributors, still "fixing" sights. Yet they now say in tiny letters that the sight wont perform in different temps.

I'm in GA super humid. Plus if I zero a sight in late Sept it can be 90 degrees....but if I go back out on the first of Nov it can be 30 and I have to re-zero according to them. Man.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's what scares me so much. I love the Eotech reticle.....but it seems like they are keeping pretty quite about it and just slapping disclaimers on their sights hoping their name and previous popularity keep them afloat. Still selling to distributors, still "fixing" sights. Yet they now say in tiny letters that the sight wont perform in different temps.

I'm in GA super humid. Plus if I zero a sight in late Sept it can be 90 degrees....but if I go back out on the first of Nov it can be 30 and I have to re-zero according to them. Man.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not making any excuses for Eotech, just want to note: co-witnessing iron sights will give you validation of your dot's zero...if it wanders more than just 1 or 2 MOA, at least.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, you are covered.  Others have gotten approval for the same model and year of manufacture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. My 551 manufactured in March 2003 was approved.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell a couple guys in the wait time thread got approved for old 1990s Bushnell Holosites

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Why the hell would UPS try to deliver my sight at 3:49am!

I got my Aimpoint Pro today. I ran a magnifier behind my Eotech but do not like the look of the Aimpoint with a magnifier.....just seems too bulky/long.
For those of you with Aimpoints, do you leave them on? I know the battery will last 3 years on, but I can't help but turn it off. Just seems like the dot's life would not last as long if left on.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I got my Aimpoint Pro today. I ran a magnifier behind my Eotech but do not like the look of the Aimpoint with a magnifier.....just seems too bulky/long.
For those of you with Aimpoints, do you leave them on? I know the battery will last 3 years on, but I can't help but turn it off. Just seems like the dot's life would not last as long if left on.
View Quote

I turn mine all the way down. Some guys leave them on, but I just don't see the point. If it's on something ready to go at a moments notice, fine. Otherwise why bother?
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, something that works well with a magnifier is what I'm searching for. Apparently nothing comes close to EoTech... Hell, the only other 1 moa RDS I can really find is the Leupold LCO, and it's pretty weak considering the price. I may be holding out to see if EOTech ever releases something close to what I thought I already had.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm....what erodes its reliable lifetime more quickly, burning constantly...or...being turned on and off more often?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm worried if I'll ever get a refund but mine is going back.

On the joking side, perhaps the real reason EOTechs have the ring in the reticle is because the round will hit somewhere within it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
I had a 2004 551 and an 2005 511. Both were approved.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#16]
At this point I don't think we will be seeing a refund. EOTech is just going to keep our optics. LMAO

My EXPS3_Tan was approved the next day, sent it Fedex earlier this month.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:00:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
sure, but why would you want to buy a product that the manufacturer has said is basically guaranteed to fail, at any price?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW... per a work email, anyone who is using an EOTech has to remove them immediately. Iron sights are to be used until a different sighting system is purchased and qualified with.

They were also directed to contact L3 for a refund.

Damn.    I wish eotech was NOT doing the refund.
Cheap eotechs would be laying all over the place.  
sure, but why would you want to buy a product that the manufacturer has said is basically guaranteed to fail, at any price?  

Sell them to airsofters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hmmm....what erodes its reliable lifetime more quickly, burning constantly...or...being turned on and off more often?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read his question like turning it off before it's sitting in the safe for a month or 2. Not being turned on and off 15 times a day.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I returned my May 2003 551.A65
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#20]
has anybody seen any money yet?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most LED's have a life expectancy of approx 50,000 hours. I'm not 100% sure Aimpoint uses an LED. Either way, it wouldn't be foolish to think that when I'm done shooting at the range I would be tempted to turn the sight off before storing my rifle for anywhere between a week or a couple of months, instead of having the LED constantly stay on.
I was not talking about turning it off after each shot I take.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine was delivered last Wednesday to Eotech (sent insured, signature required via FedEx). Have a MRO sitting under the tree to replace it
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Sending my 512.A65 back Monday; USPS, medium flat rate priority box, insured - so I can have an electronic signature on file.

However, this whole thread makes me scratch my head as much as this pic of a drive thru ATM.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My experience with EOTech's on high recoil platforms has been quite negative... But whatever works for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to stick mine on a shotgun until I see people getting checks. 4MOA at 50 yards is 2" and with buckshot that's nothing.  

My experience with EOTech's on high recoil platforms has been quite negative... But whatever works for you.

We have one on M240B at work.....it holds a zero....they are going back....
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Instead of returning them you could send them in for a fix. Eotech said they now have a  permanent fix for the issues. I just got my exps3 back and it looks perfect again.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Instead of returning them you could send them in for a fix. Eotech said they now have a  permanent fix for the issues. I just got my exps3 back and it looks perfect again.
View Quote

Curious where you read this because it sounds like Internet heresay. As far as I know, nothing has been officially stated by L3/EOTech that they have remedied the issue. IMO, if that was the case, they wouldn't be offering reimbursement for zillions of holographic weapon sights through a refund-specific campaign, they would be taking an entirely different approach to bring all those sights in house to fix them. And they ain't doing that...
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Curious where you read this because it sounds like Internet heresay. As far as I know, nothing has been officially stated by L3/EOTech that they have remedied the issue. IMO, if that was the case, they wouldn't be offering reimbursement for zillions of holographic weapon sights through a refund-specific campaign, they would be taking an entirely different approach to bring all those sights in house to fix them. And they ain't doing that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was told by three different people over the phone. I sent it in and got it back. So far so go
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was told by three different people over the phone. I sent it in and got it back. So far so go
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What date did you send it in?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly did they say they fixed? Somehow, I doubt it included the wandering zero in sub freezing temps. Any documentation you can share?

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nov 27. I sent it in a few days before all this went down. So I called them while they had it and they told me multiple times not to worry and it will be fixed Permanently
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nov 27. I sent it in a few days before all this went down. So I called them while they had it and they told me multiple times not to worry and it will be fixed Permanently
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have been told about this "fix" they still only guarantee the zero stays within 4 MOA.  I was told this came from EOTech representatives, but have seen nothing backing this up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Waiting till after Christmas to send mine back that way someone will be there to accept it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

From what I have been told about this "fix" they still only guarantee the zero stays within 4 MOA.  I was told this came from EOTech representatives, but have seen nothing backing this up.
View Quote

That's a lot. Combined with a 4moa rifle that can add up to a lot of man sized missed past 100 yards.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've sent my 512 back twice now for a "permanent" repair after the nitrogen leaked out both times, causing the reticle to fade. Sent it back for a third time last week for a refund.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, not exactly the fix I was looking for.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 moa is not bad for a read dot. But more importantly they said there is a  permanent fix for the radical dimming. All of my repairs have been sent for this reason
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
4 moa is not bad for a read dot. But more importantly they said there is a  permanent fix for the radical dimming. All of my repairs have been sent for this reason
View Quote

Look, no disrespect to you or your story, but if they have truly "solved" the thermal drift, reticle fading, and delamination issues, they would have quickly shared this information with the .gov, .mil, directly and with the public-at-large through press releases on their site and every friggin' gun blog/news site there is, as well as written correspondence/email, etc.. Then, they would have made arrangements to immediately stop issuing refunds (and stop the financial bleeding that this is costing them) and instead, hire and train a bunch of technicians to work around the clock to "fix" all of the HWS units that have been sent in for refunds and ship them back to customers in their [apparently] "fixed for good" state. Again, that hasn't happened and there's no indication that it's going to happen. So I don't find this bit of news very helpful.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's a lot. Combined with a 4moa rifle that can add up to a lot of man sized missed past 100 yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still as acurate as half the aimpoints.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

THAT shit will ruin it for everyone.   When they see that happening they WILL start requiring a reciept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aaaaaaand now my coworker is looking for a cheap used EOTech to buy and flip back to the company. lol

THAT shit will ruin it for everyone.   When they see that happening they WILL start requiring a reciept.

So they're going to get mad that they're getting fucked after fucking everyone else?

Also, the ones people buy to return are still defective.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Look, no disrespect to you or your story, but if they have truly "solved" the thermal drift, reticle fading, and delamination issues, they would have quickly shared this information with the .gov, .mil, directly and with the public-at-large through press releases on their site and every friggin' gun blog/news site there is, as well as written correspondence/email, etc.. Then, they would have made arrangements to immediately stop issuing refunds (and stop the financial bleeding that this is costing them) and instead, hire and train a bunch of technicians to work around the clock to "fix" all of the HWS units that have been sent in for refunds and ship them back to customers in their [apparently] "fixed for good" state. Again, that hasn't happened and there's no indication that it's going to happen. So I don't find this bit of news very helpful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop issuing refunds?   I did not know they had started.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I have 2, 553's, and 1 552 all bought for steals on eBay.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: stop [the process of] issuing refunds.

I don't think anyone has actually received a refund yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just yanking your chain.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely agree bro. I'm fairly sure the "permanent fix" was for delamination and/or loss of nitrogen purge. If you are familiar with the EOTech internals, these issues that came up here cannot be fixed without a redesign. It's the nature of the beast, the way the Eo is built.

And to the guy further up that asked, yes Aimpoint's red dot emitter is LED.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I completely agree bro. I'm fairly sure the "permanent fix" was for delamination and/or loss of nitrogen purge. If you are familiar with the EOTech internals, these issues that came up here cannot be fixed without a redesign. It's the nature of the beast, the way the Eo is built.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well If these are the real fixes they were referring to then it's the main problem and this temp thing is not a huge deal
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well If these are the real fixes they were referring to then it's the main problem and this temp thing is not a huge deal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I also think the delamination issue is a bigger deal that the temp change/wandering zero. So if they did perm fix the delamination and nitrogen purge issues then I say good on them.

My beef with EOTech is the covering it up part of all of this, and straight up lies in the Manual. Up until 2 weeks ago I had owned 7 eotechs total (2 still in my possession) and 0 Aimpoints, I now own 0 EOTech's. Because of the bullshit, not performance of the sights.

And to add, I traded them off. Didn't do the refund thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to stick mine on a shotgun until I see people getting checks. 4MOA at 50 yards is 2" and with buckshot that's nothing.  

My experience with EOTech's on higher recoil platforms has either been them eventually deciding to start randomly turning off after the weapon is fired, or simply ceasing to function completely. Never had the zero shift, though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sending my 512.A65 back Monday; USPS, medium flat rate priority box, insured - so I can have an electronic signature on file.

However, this whole thread makes me scratch my head as much as this pic of a drive thru ATM.

View Quote

Yeah, I always get a kick out of braille on a drive through keypad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

240 is actually very soft recoil as far as shock to optics is concerned.  Much softer than an M4.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
240 is actually very soft recoil as far as shock to optics is concerned.  Much softer than an M4.
View Quote

That's surprising. Would have thought it'd be much worse.
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top