Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic song and great lyrics.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Hate that song. Radio stations around here still play it for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just thinking today how much I despise this song

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Damnit, you guys are listing all of my favorites
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Two Cyri on one list? Hmmm
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm thinking Macerena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBYM6g8Tck

View Quote

THIS!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The Black Eyed Peas entire catalog.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't pay attention to he lyrics?  That is the song though.  

Would you like a song praising communism and this dissidents need to be sent the gulags if it had a catchy beat?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love that song. I don't pay attention to what the lyrics mean or politics. You'll probably dislike most bands if you do.

Would you like a song praising communism and this dissidents need to be sent the gulags if it had a catchy beat?

Yea, I like Rage against the machine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Ive never run across a fan of :
A) Everlast
B) Eminem
C) Beastie Boys
D) Cypress Hill
E Limp Bizkit
That wasn't a pussy and got beaten up for fun.
Th

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love that song. I don't pay attention to what the lyrics mean or politics. You'll probably dislike most bands if you do.

nailed it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A) Everlast

B) Eminem

C) Beastie Boys

D) Cypress Hill

E Limp Bizkit

Th

View Quote
Have you ever left your hometown?

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm thinking... so far, that Everlast song is the least annoying one mentioned.

In fact, I almost like it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Fantastic song and great lyrics.
View Quote

No.

Whenever I presume to lecture GD about how misplaced compassion is a pernicious character flaw, the song in the OP is the soundtrack.

It is not only excusable to be judgmental, it is preferable.  A virtue, even.

If you are not judgmental, you do not possess the ability to exercise good judgment.  

IOW, whenever anyone, ever, is trying to guilt you, they are trying to manipulate you.  Whether the person guilting you is someone in your personal life, a political figure or from pop culture, if they are trying to make you feel bad, it's because they are trying to cloud your intellect with emotion.

It's almost as if they have an agenda or something.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#15]
You are all wrong. This is the song you seek. (nsfw)

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#16]
The Electric Slide....

I FUCKING HATE THE ELECTRIC SLIDE!

Every god damn stupid cocksucking wedding you go to they have to play that stupid fucking bullshit and every fucking retard in the God damn building flocks to the fucking dance floor like the song is God's gift to man because its the only shit their fat, retarded, white, worthless, talentless fucking asses can fucking dance to.  And even at that they still manage to fuck it up.

Oh, and how long is it?  Well wouldn't you know!  It's like 30 fucking minutes long!  WE'RE DOING THE ELECTRIC SLIDE BABY!  For THIRTY FUCKING MINUTES!  You know, because if it were only like 2.5 minutes long like a normal fucking song no one would have their fill of sliding to the left!  Well thank God!  Because every time I see two people make the biggest mistake of their lives it just doesn't fucking feel complete unless I get to endure 30 fucking minutes of some god damn asshole telling me what fucking direction to slide to!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Electric Slide....

Every god damn stupid cocksucking wedding you go to they have to play that stupid fucking bullshit and every fucking retard in the God damn building flocks to the fucking dance floor like the song is God's gift to man because its the only shit their fat, retarded, white, worthless, talentless fucking asses can fucking dance to.  And even at that they still manage to fuck it up.

Oh, and how long is it?  Well wouldn't you know!  It's like 30 fucking minutes long!  WE'RE DOING THE ELECTRIC SLIDE BABY!  For THIRTY FUCKING MINUTES!  You know, because if it were only like 2.5 minutes long like a normal fucking song no one would have their fill of sliding to the left!  Well thank God!  Because every time I see two people make the biggest mistake of their lives it just doesn't fucking feel complete unless I get to endure 30 fucking minutes of some god damn asshole telling me what fucking direction to slide to!
View Quote

Fucking 10/10!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Was that "beard" ever cool?  I always thought it was douche-y...
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Imagine" claims that right.....silly insipid tome to communism
View Quote

One of my favorite piano tunes.

Could do without all the commie blathering, though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#20]
This probly doesn't make sense, but when I saw this I didn't realize which song it was and I thought "eh, it's probly bad but not as bad as that shitty "no one knows what it's like to be a piece of shit" song but it turns out it WAS that song.

HAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, and the fucking John Lennon Christmas song is horrid.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Annoying perhaps, but I don't think the lyrics are "libtarded".

It's basically saying two things:

1) don't be a judgmental prick

2) careful what choices you make in life....because you're stuck with the outcome of those choices.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think the song OP is talking about is really discussing a different aspect or phase of the bad choices made.

Yes the song glosses over the discussion of the bad choices themselves. Be that as it may the lyrics still discuss the after effects of choices and how others react to those who have made those choices and what impact it can have in life.

If you look at the song from a biblical standpoint it basically says don't judge.

If you look at the song from a society standpoint it says that people will judge you, right or wrong, about the choices you have made.

If you look at it from a substance abuse standpoint it says you could be a looked down upon, dirty, disgusting person with no money and no family.

If you look at it from a morality standpoint it says if you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant, get dumped, have to make a choice on keeping the baby, and have people hate you for making the decision to abort the baby. Which also opens yourself up to a society stigma.

It also makes a point to say that until you have had a challenge from a specific bad decision you don't fully understand the consequences from that exact decision. So while the song does not give a teaching opportunity on how to avoid the bad decisions. Those types of songs remind me of the responsibility I have as a parent to teach my kids not to make those decisions and not to make those bad decisions myself as to not negatively impact my children as I want them to be better off than me and not make the same mistakes that I did. I would certainly like my children to make no mistakes but that won't happen. So I find teaching moments to help explain to them actions have consequences and you may not like it so choose wisely.

Plus I like the guitar part in the song.
View Quote

Well put.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like it, there are countless songs out there that are worse.
View Quote

Yep, cool song.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:44:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also not as annoying as "Bodies Hit The Floor" or any Steely Dan song, but yeah it's a stupid song and Everlast is a douchebag. I hope he attends the haj and gets stampeded into goo.

View Quote

Hah! I walked out of a steely dan concert after two songs. Got the tickets for free and still felt like I got ripped off.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:03:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Every person I knew in the late 90s who loved this song were super ghetto bucket hat-wearing losers.

The OP nailed it spot-on. Whenever I hear this song I cringe. It reminds me of some of my friends back then who had the same attitude - some of them were getting caught up in coke and meth, stealing shit, etc. but they were all "good hearted people", who genuinely believed that their lives (and others around them) became fucked up just because of pure chance, and not their shitty decision making capability.

It's was the late 90s anthem of the "he wuz just turning his life around" crowd.

It  was no surprise that it had healthy crossover into the Juggalo circles as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well put.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the song OP is talking about is really discussing a different aspect or phase of the bad choices made.

Yes the song glosses over the discussion of the bad choices themselves. Be that as it may the lyrics still discuss the after effects of choices and how others react to those who have made those choices and what impact it can have in life.

If you look at the song from a biblical standpoint it basically says don't judge.

If you look at the song from a society standpoint it says that people will judge you, right or wrong, about the choices you have made.

If you look at it from a substance abuse standpoint it says you could be a looked down upon, dirty, disgusting person with no money and no family.

If you look at it from a morality standpoint it says if you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant, get dumped, have to make a choice on keeping the baby, and have people hate you for making the decision to abort the baby. Which also opens yourself up to a society stigma.

It also makes a point to say that until you have had a challenge from a specific bad decision you don't fully understand the consequences from that exact decision. So while the song does not give a teaching opportunity on how to avoid the bad decisions. Those types of songs remind me of the responsibility I have as a parent to teach my kids not to make those decisions and not to make those bad decisions myself as to not negatively impact my children as I want them to be better off than me and not make the same mistakes that I did. I would certainly like my children to make no mistakes but that won't happen. So I find teaching moments to help explain to them actions have consequences and you may not like it so choose wisely.

Plus I like the guitar part in the song.

Well put.

Agree. OP missed the premise of the song.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Has to be Hanson -mmm Bop

https://youtu.be/NHozn0YXAeE

https://youtu.be/6OamjBYCAz4

View Quote

Man, I used to have the hugest hard on for those cute Hanson girls.  NOT the drummer though, she was a little young.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:19:58 AM EDT
[#29]
cherry pie
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:25:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A) Everlast
B) Eminem
C) Beastie Boys
D) Cypress Hill
E Limp Bizkit
Th

View Quote

Whoah,  take it easy tough guy.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#31]
This douche

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Plenty of RATM fans on here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you like a song praising communism

I remember when it finally hit me that I was one of the bad guys
according to RATM.  I took Evil Empire out of my CD player and never
listened to them again for longer than it took to change the station.  They're a bunch of shit apples.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Really? 2nd page and nobody has said this...

Anything Bieber.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:00:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Also not as annoying as "Bodies Hit The Floor" or any Steely Dan song, but yeah it's a stupid song and Everlast is a douchebag. I hope he attends the haj and gets stampeded into goo.

View Quote

LOFL

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Electric Slide....

View Quote

If you are already getting dragged out to do the slide at every redneck wedding celebration anyway might as well be the best MFing electric slider on earth. Study the moves bro and surprise everyone next time.  Chicks get dripping wet for men who can dance.

Learn the basics first.

Add some soul.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Man, I used to have the hugest hard on for those cute Hanson girls.  NOT the drummer though, she was a little young.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is now a IIanero coming out thread.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Have none of you been to Disney World/Land?  Its A Small World; most annoying song EVER!!!  As a kid I wanted to drown myself before the ride was even half-way over.  Nightmares of small smiling diverse dolls staring at me regardless of where I turn.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I remember when it finally hit me that I was one of the bad guys according to RATM.  I took Evil Empire out of my CD player and never listened to them again for longer than it took to change the station.  They're a bunch of shit apples.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you like a song praising communism

I remember when it finally hit me that I was one of the bad guys according to RATM.  I took Evil Empire out of my CD player and never listened to them again for longer than it took to change the station.  They're a bunch of shit apples.

Yep.  I don't care what entertainer's political opinions are for the most part.  But when their entire catalog is based off of their hatred of myself and my values it really doesn't do anything for me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top