Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2015 1:37:32 AM EDT
I don't know if you could have found a bigger SW fan than myself in the 1980s. I went to see Phantom Menace on opening day. I wanted to like it. I tried, I even convinced myself I did for a while. But in the end, I had to admit it sucked balls.

I was 7 when episode IV came out. So, I'm 46 now. My daughters love everything Star Wars. I want to see ep 7 pretty bad, but life gets in the way, and I may take my girls to see it sometime after Christmas. I just know some fuckers are going to spoil it for me. Shit.

Don't spoil it for me, OK?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Snape kills Dumbledore.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Snape kills Dumbledore.
View Quote

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING BASTARD!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]

good luck with that

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Snape kills Dumbledore.
View Quote
How about a spoiler alert!

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]

I was never a huge fan that followed it in depth, but from the get-go I always LOVED the look of stormtroopers, and the x-wing fighters. Even today, as a grown ass man, I kinda want to buy one of the huge stormtrooper figurines that you often see in Walmart.

My wife, on the other hand, is a dyed in the wool fan.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who don't want to hear all about Star Wars had better go off the grid or something until you are ready to see it....spoilers will be everywhere
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Kylo Ren is Jar Jar Binks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went to see Phantom Menace on opening day. I wanted to like it. I tried, I even convinced myself I did for a while. But in the end, I had to admit it sucked balls.

View Quote

Theres a new rumor going around that may amuse you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw the first one in the theater when I was a kid.  Loved it.

Second one was okay.  Didn't like it as much even though most folks say it was better.  Probably because I was getting older.

Third one sucked ass.

Watched the first prequel 15 years later and thought it was shit.  Too much political space drama BS, jar jar binks, and other stupid stuff.  That stuck a fork in it for me.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:01:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jar Jar is the evil mastermind behind the first order.

Oh, is that what all you jerks are trying to tell me?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#12]
7? I was 17 funny thing is, my son is 17 now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:04:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
7? I was 17
View Quote

Haha, old fucker!  Look, an old Fucker!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:06:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
7? I was 17

Some day soon karma
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#15]
JJ Abrams has more respect for Star Wars than Lucas had when he made ep 1-3.  Re editing it so Han doesn't shoot first was what started me hating Lucas.  Fucking retarded.  That's why Empire was by far the best of all six so far.  He didn't write or direct it.

Abrams is into practical effects (sets, props, actual actors and not full on CGI "characters" "Dueling" in a full on CGI environment?!?!?)  The entire skywalker/kenobi duel drove the point home.  Lucas pushed the state of the art in effects for thirty years and he made a huge pile of money for it before Mickey Mouse gave him another huge pile of cash for the franchise.  SW was just a profit vehicle for him.

It better not suck.  I've got marathon tickets for episodes 1-7 starting at 4am Thursday morning and ending at the premiere of ep7 at 12am Friday.  This will be the first time I've seen ep4 in the theater since the 70s.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snape kills Dumbledore.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:08:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Some day soon karma
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
7? I was 17

Some day soon karma

Oh shit, you have no idea. Look in Team for my A.S.S. Club thread.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]
The Force is actually tiny micro organisms that live in your blood stream called medichlorians.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:12:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Force is actually tiny micro organisms that live in your blood stream called medichlorians.
View Quote

You fuck off and die. Really.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was in Episode one man. Not my fault George Lucas went insane.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:23:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Just be glad that it's directed by J. J. Abrams and not J. J. Binks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

That's it, that's all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Watched the Phantom Menace tonight. That movie is so bad. If Empire Strikes Back weren't so good Phantom Menace would have ruined the entire franchise for me.

That stupid pod race burned 15 minutes of screen time, yet did nothing to advance the plot. Anniken is a great pilot with great reflexes, so much so that he probably uses the force. But you don't learn that from the pod race, you learn it because they spoon feed it to you in like 6 other scenes. It was like they had 20 years of sound effects saved up and felt the need to cram them all into one scene so they came up with the race, except most of their cool sound effects were just car or motorcycle noises sped up or slowed down. Apparently a long time ago in a galaxy far far away racing vehicles sounded exactly the same as they do here.

The whole story is laughably unbelievable. Here's some strangers that take a completely random interest in a child, spend a highly suspicious amount of alone time with him, pressure him to take unnecessary risks for their gain and randomly prick him with a needle so they can test his blood. And then his mother turns this kid over to the strangers? What a crock. If all other the parents on Tatooine were as gullible as ma Skywalker their blue milk cartons must've been covered with the pictures of children spirited away by other seemingly well meaning men with strange hair.

Then the final light saber fight: they must have let a bunch of USPSA nerds draw up the set layout because there are more completely unexplainable obstacles than a lifetime's worth of match stages. Then after all the ridiculous choreography and overdone CGI they looked at what they had and said "This fight scene really needs more lens flare."

Worst prequel ever.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:32:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Phantom Menace is completely superfluous to the story. It's not even included in the machete order. Just don't watch it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

JJ Abrams has more respect for Star Wars than Lucas had when he made ep 1-3.  Re editing it so Han doesn't shoot first was what started me hating Lucas.  Fucking retarded.  That's why Empire was by far the best of all six so far.  He didn't write or direct it.

Abrams is into practical effects (sets, props, actual actors and not full on CGI "characters" "Dueling" in a full on CGI environment?!?!?)  The entire skywalker/kenobi duel drove the point home.  Lucas pushed the state of the art in effects for thirty years and he made a huge pile of money for it before Mickey Mouse gave him another huge pile of cash for the franchise.  SW was just a profit vehicle for him.

It better not suck.  I've got marathon tickets for episodes 1-7 starting at 4am Thursday morning and ending at the premiere of ep7 at 12am Friday.  This will be the first time I've seen ep4 in the theater since the 70s.
View Quote

Are the first three (the 70s and 80s ones) going to be the originals or the versions with all the edited/added crap?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:34:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope Endor gets destroyed and Ewoks are all killed off.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:34:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Luke was blind the whole time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#29]
It's being over hyped..... Its gonna suck hard....
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#31]
The trailer for the new movie gave away a bunch.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:45:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm afraid you're going to be right.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan can do no wrong.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Jar Jar runs Death Star 3.
Han Solo calls Life Alert after he falls and can't get up.
Luke gets a sex change and becomes Lucia Skywalker.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:20:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's heroin

@9:10
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:33:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's Heroin.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Snape kills Dumbledore.
View Quote

Gods Dammnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Saw the first one in the theater when I was a kid.  Loved it.

Second one was okay.  Didn't like it as much even though most folks say it was better.  Probably because I was getting older.

Third one sucked ass.

Watched the first prequel 15 years later and thought it was shit.  Too much political space drama BS, jar jar binks, and other stupid stuff.  That stuck a fork in it for me.

View Quote

Pretty much this.

I was the first in my third grade class to see EIV.  Remember it like it was yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top