BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So.... the real force of evil in the galaxy isn't Sith or Jedi.....it's George Lucas?

I'm on board with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My point of view?  Both are wrong.

They are the extremes of either end.

One side is saying all emotion is bad because it can make you do bad things and the other excuses any action you perform as being okay because letting your emotions run wild makes you more powerful.

Both sides have a problem with means justifying ends, though going about it in totally different ways.  They're both manipulative and seek to further their own goals by oppressing others.

I love the movies and the games, but if there's one thing they teach you, it's that the world is full of a whole lotta grey and when you seek to live on the extreme end of either end of that spectrum, bad things happen, even if it's unintentional.

Oh, and Miami JBT, i can't support The Empire.  Why?  Because their marksman course has gotta be the shittiest qualification ever devised by any being in any universe ever known.  "You got a 0/40?? Qualified! Good shooting, Trooper! This score indicates you will have the utmost precision against Jawas and other scrub opponents which is all that matters!"

http://i.imgur.com/w5MHii8.jpg

So.... the real force of evil in the galaxy isn't Sith or Jedi.....it's George Lucas?

I'm on board with that.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My point of view?  Both are wrong.

They are the extremes of either end.

One side is saying all emotion is bad because it can make you do bad things and the other excuses any action you perform as being okay because letting your emotions run wild makes you more powerful.

Both sides have a problem with means justifying ends, though going about it in totally different ways.  They're both manipulative and seek to further their own goals by oppressing others.

I love the movies and the games, but if there's one thing they teach you, it's that the world is full of a whole lotta grey and when you seek to live on the extreme end of either end of that spectrum, bad things happen, even if it's unintentional.

Oh, and Miami JBT, i can't support The Empire.  Why?  Because their marksman course has gotta be the shittiest qualification ever devised by any being in any universe ever known.  "You got a 0/40?? Qualified! Good shooting, Trooper! This score indicates you will have the utmost precision against Jawas and other scrub opponents which is all that matters!"
View Quote

No, that is not how Sith philosophy works. Passion drives a Sith; fear, hatred and anger are merely tools to fuel your passion.

A person who is all anger with no goal or passion would be seen as little better than an animal by Sith.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
It's telling that the most powerful Force users were either brought up outside the Jedi tradition (Bane, Starkiller) or were rejected by the Jedi for following their conscience (Revan, the Exile). Even Luke Skywalker rejected practically all of the old Jedi Order's teachings when he began training the next generation of Force users. He even got married to a Sith-trained redhead assassin.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The Jedi pretty much propped up the corrupt and ineffective Republic for thousands of years. For more than 4000 years before the battle of Yavin, they have been running on little more than administrative inertia and Jedi meddling. What we see leading up to the Clone Wars was an astounding series of tyrannical moves by a increasingly militaristic Republic against the growing coalition of systems wishing to break away from Republic oppression. And while the CIS used droids to keep casualties low, the Republic used a mostly clone-based army who were enslaved even before birth and sent to die for a government that really couldn't have cared any less about them. Those clones who attempted to leave and have lives of their own where hunted down as "deserters".
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Thanks for embedding... I wasnt a paid member at the time of posting, I am now though!

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Overseas, at the Star Wars premier, AMA.

ETA: Ten minutes in, pretty awesome

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Jedi Lied to Luke

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top