Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Dr. Phil did 2 episodes on this, other than reinforcing the idea that Nancy Grace should be locked up in GITMO for the rest of her life the only good thing that came out of the 2 hours was when Dr. Phil said he could have gotten Brendan Dassey to confess to causing the Irish Potato Famine

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dr. Phil did 2 episodes on this, other than reinforcing the idea that Nancy Grace should be locked up in GITMO for the rest of her life the only good thing that came out of the 2 hours was when Dr. Phil said he could have gotten Brendan Dassey to confess to causing the Irish Potato Famine  
View Quote

hahaha!
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just because I don't agree with you, people on the Internet, SJWs, film makers with an agenda, or Avery doesn't mean I havent put time into the thread or show. I've watched the entire series, I've been in this thread since page three or four.

Now we can agree to disagree, and that's fine, but I hold to my opinions that Avery is a psycho murderer and we don't have a clear picture of what happened. Was the investigation into his murder perfect? No, but I'm not sure how many murder investigations go as planned. The extent of my knowledge with murder investigations coincide with the first 48 tv show. You can choose to believe what many skeptics choose to believe, and I just gave my dog his good night kisses.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, here's potentially more against the guilty verdict.  Sorry Wisconsiners...you got this one wrong.

The keys were very likely planted

lol... 'internet sleuths from the like of reddit proving his innocence???

wow.

You clearly haven't put a lot of time into this thread or the case.  Your opinion isn't weighty.

Turn left. Your dog needs your love.

Just because I don't agree with you, people on the Internet, SJWs, film makers with an agenda, or Avery doesn't mean I havent put time into the thread or show. I've watched the entire series, I've been in this thread since page three or four.

Now we can agree to disagree, and that's fine, but I hold to my opinions that Avery is a psycho murderer and we don't have a clear picture of what happened. Was the investigation into his murder perfect? No, but I'm not sure how many murder investigations go as planned. The extent of my knowledge with murder investigations coincide with the first 48 tv show. You can choose to believe what many skeptics choose to believe, and I just gave my dog his good night kisses.  

we disagree of course, but I most strongly disagree that the investigation didn't go as planned.  It went perfectly as planned.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't say it went perfectly - the fucking guys from Calumet County kept getting in the way.

Luckily it only took eight days for them to let their guard down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say it went perfectly - the fucking guys from Calumet County kept getting in the way.

Luckily it only took eight days for them to let their guard down.
View Quote

Great point. But in the grand scheme of framing, burn in hell lying cops, things went pretty well. B+
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Just finished watching this.

On the fence about Steve, but holy shit, did they railroad Brendan.

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

And your defense attorney setting you up to get a guilty verdict isn't enough to warrant a new trial lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And your defense attorney setting you up to get a guilty verdict isn't enough to warrant a new trial lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's crazy.  I'm glad it's getting the attention it is, it's a travesty.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
From /pol/:

>did you see the toes tell us about the toes I know you must have seen the toes brendan if you say you don't see the toes you're a goddamn liar now tell me what you saw was it toes ???

> uhm. yeah?

> (P.I. calls worthless defense attorney) HE CONFESSED BRUH

> o-ok can we keep this short I have to catch Wrestlemania, and me and Bobby are supposed to play PS2

> brendan you just confessed to murder. you're done for life kiddo.

> oh.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]
You know what I got out of all this?

The damn over use of "ya"
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:47:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn, 5 episodes into it and cannot believe this. Brendon got railroaded and it is incredibly sad to watch his videos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:34:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn, 5 episodes into it and cannot believe this. Brendon got railroaded and it is incredibly sad to watch his videos.
View Quote

It just builds and builds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

From /pol/:

>did you see the toes tell us about the toes I know you must have seen the toes brendan if you say you don't see the toes you're a goddamn liar now tell me what you saw was it toes ???

> uhm. yeah?

> o-ok can we keep this short I have to catch Wrestlemania, and me and Bobby are supposed to play PS2

> yeah

View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was creeped out in the footage of the search when the one woman says to take all of his shoes for other possible burglaries in the area.

Wow. Talk about a hard-on for that guy.

If these two hippy-dippy liberal film makers can make the entire state of WI look retarded from top to bottom, left to right - they need to become lawyers and can represent me anytime!

View Quote

The documentary did mention a conviction for burglary. We also dont know what information about the families criminal activities the film did not present.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The documentary did mention a conviction for burglary. We also dont know what information about the families criminal activities the film did not present.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was creeped out in the footage of the search when the one woman says to take all of his shoes for other possible burglaries in the area.

Wow. Talk about a hard-on for that guy.

If these two hippy-dippy liberal film makers can make the entire state of WI look retarded from top to bottom, left to right - they need to become lawyers and can represent me anytime!

He stole some cheese sandwiches and a 6-pack of Pabst from a bar.

Gawker sucks sweaty assholes, but this is still interesting...
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#18]
How the fuck did Brendan get so fat on prison food? Smuggling twinkles?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From /pol/:

> uhm. yeah?

> oh.
View Quote

...Do I get to go to Wrestlemania?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I just binge watched the series. It was damn good but disgusting what Steve and his whole family has went through.

I was sort of on the fence about Steve, But I'm confident he is innocent. I mean 18 searches of the home/Property, Key was not found until after the 3rd or 4th search, Then bullet casings...
It was just messed up all around. Manitowoc Sheriff's dept. did indeed have it out for him, AND even worse after the proposed $36 Million settlement.

Branden was coerced into saying stuff that was NOT true in hopes of being let go. And being questioned by the investigators while under the age of 18, No Attorney, Or parents present. Just fucked all around.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:35:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm only on episode 4 and not reading the thread so as not to spoil anything... but I can't fucking believe what I'm seeing. Avery is a retard, no doubt about it but stupid enough to dump his victims car on his own property? Cmon. The vile of blood with the hole in the cap. WTF. The kids confession is obviously coerced and bullshit. The arresting officer (now the county sheriff) from the 1985 case says he would still have doubts about the exoneration: Obviously extremely biased. The only thing I can't get over is the body/charred remains, but I don't remember hearing yet if it's even been identified. Guess I'll find out.

Pretty amazing show so far and I have to say: This is the right show at the right time to blow America's growing distrust in its criminal justice system wide the fuck open.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I think they framed the guy.

You don't sit in prison for 18 years for a crime you did not do, then get out and wait a year or 2 and kill a random woman.

If you sit in prison for 18 years for a crime you did not do, if you get out and have the need to kill, I would assume you go after who put you in prison for 18 years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I read most of the thread, But one thing has my mind a wandering about this case. What if a family member (other than Steve or Branden) pulled off the murder in hopes of Steve getting caught and cashing in a cool 36 Million?

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I read most of the thread, But one thing has my mind a wandering about this case. What if a family member (other than Steve or Branden) pulled off the murder in hopes of Steve getting caught and cashing in a cool 36 Million?

View Quote

Who would have done this?  How did they plant the evidence?  

Why would they think they'd have any say in managing any proceeds from the lawsuit?  Why would they even think the lawsuit would even continue forward after his arrest for the murder?  Did any of the family members ask questions like this before the murder?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You don't sit in prison for 18 years for a crime you did not do, then get out and wait a year or 2 and kill a random woman.

If you sit in prison for 18 years for a crime you did not do, if you get out and have the need to kill, I would assume you go after who put you in prison for 18 years.
View Quote

Unless you are a psycho who left detailed drawings and descriptions in your cell outlining how you plan to kidnap, rape, mutilate, and burn a young woman. Then you might, you know, do what you said you were going to do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Unless you are a psycho who left detailed drawings and descriptions in your cell outlining how you plan to kidnap, rape, mutilate, and burn a young woman. Then you might, you know, do what you said you were going to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are these drawings?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question. Details are incredibly scant on this. How do we know these drawings depict a female and not a tortured soul that is in prison for 18 years for a crime they did not commit? Is that not a form of torture? And yes that is speculation.

I don't believe Avery killed this woman, nor Dassey.

Also, I didn't know that stealing a few cheese sandwiches and a few blue ribbons was a gateway to cutting someones throat on a bed(wheres the blood?) taking them to the garage and shooting them in the head(Why no blood on floor or in concrete cracks?) and then burning said person(Why were there two places of burning a person?)
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Absolute travesty he's in prison.  The "he's guilty"-ers have no credibility.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I could write a fucking thesis on this Goddamn documentary series, but most everyone in this thread gets it...

One thing I wanted to point out that was just top-of-mind, is when that PUSSY Ken Kratz starts to set the narrative at the press conference for everyone to believe just after they arrest Brenden.  He practically tells every "detail" of the killing just after the arrest ...seriously?  How the hell is that even legal when the trial hasn't even started?  Oh wait...there's nothing legal or illegal when the judge, lawyers, sheriffs, everyone is in on it.  I think they are all in on a massive cover-up.  I think Greg Allen knew something about some of these politicians involved and they had to burn Avery to the end, no matter what.

Also...I would like to know the history of the Avery family...what is there reputation around town?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if he did do it. We don;t know and the evidence was horse shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, I'm 6 episodes in

I'm in total disbelief.

Tyranny
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Juror #9
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Wife and I finished it today.  At the very minimum. Both Avery and Dassey deserve new trials.

The cops planted evidence.  Dasseys confession was fabricated and coerced. The crime scene was contaminated.  

Who killed the woman?  Maybe the wierdo ex Bf that somehow was able to guess her username and phone password to hack her cell account online. Or maybe the brother that white knighted her. Maybe the roommate?  

one thing is certain, Avery shouldn't be sitting in jail. I read that he has a high profile legal team now and this is all being reopened or something. I'm sure he will get a shiv before any of it ever sees the light of day again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Dassey's discussions/confessions may not be as clean cut as something you'd expect to see in some crime drama, but they are what they are.  And then there are all of the discussions in the privacy of counsel.  I suspect Dassey's privileged discussions with his first attorney helped guide his defense approach - that if Dassey cooperates, fully cooperates, maybe he doesn't get the same sentence as Avery.  Even Dasseey's second set of attorneys who represented him at trial eluded to this by saying 'the only one who can help Brendan is Brendan, and he's just not doing that.'
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dassey's discussions/confessions may not be as clean cut as something you'd expect to see in some crime drama, but they are what they are.  And then there are all of the discussions in the privacy of counsel.  I suspect Dassey's privileged discussions with his first attorney helped guide his defense approach - that if Dassey cooperates, fully cooperates, maybe he doesn't get the same sentence as Avery.  Even Dasseey's second set of attorneys who represented him at trial eluded to this by saying 'the only one who can help Brendan is Brendan, and he's just not doing that.'
View Quote

You assume two things:

First, they had his best interest in mind.

Second, they believe him.

Neither are true
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My favorite parts are where the kid talks to his mom on the recorded prison phone calls, and they say, " yeah." "Yeah" To each other.

So weird.
View Quote

Yes, love that! My wife and I have taken to greeting each other that way since we saw it.

When he's telling his mom about being interviewed by detectives and how they told him his statements were inconsistent, and he says he doesn't know what inconsistent means and asks her, and she says she doesn't really know what inconsistent means either. I thought that was so pathetic, and I don't mean that in a derisive way. It was at that point that I realized what simple, unsophisticated people these were and I started feeling bad for them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, love that! My wife and I have taken to greeting each other that way since we saw it.

When he's telling his mom about being interviewed by detectives and how they told him his statements were inconsistent, and he says he doesn't know what inconsistent means and asks her, and she says she doesn't really know what inconsistent means either. I thought that was so pathetic, and I don't mean that in a derisive way. It was at that point that I realized what simple, unsophisticated people these were and I started feeling bad for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My favorite parts are where the kid talks to his mom on the recorded prison phone calls, and they say, " yeah." "Yeah" To each other.

So weird.

LOL, I'm glad the wife and I aren't they only ones.

You can really get a lot of shit done by just saying ya... it's all about inflection.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Interdasting.
View All Quotes

Fixt
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You assume two things:

Neither are true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You assume two things:

Neither are true

It would help if he could string a series of words into a sentence that could describe his self-situation beyond the level of a 5 year old. When they said he had a fourth grade reading level, I thought they were being very generous. I help pre-K students, and they are more articulate and descriptive than he was. Many have the ability to sequence and have causation relationships within speech.

At 17, his Verbal IQ must be 70 - no more.

Brendan couldn't help Brendan, nothing he could do.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#42]
The state should've just taken care of this POS a long time ago.  Then we wouldn't have to have this discussion.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The state should've just taken care of this POS a long time ago.  Then we wouldn't have to have this discussion.

http://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/firing-squad-chair.jpg
View Quote

So were you the guy that bullied the other jurors into the verdict?

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dassey's defense's approach sucked and should have resulted in a mistrial.  A lawyer's duty of loyalty to his client goes beyond merely hoping that the sentence will be lenient, because wow the client is screwed otherwise...In fact Dassey's lawyer went to great lengths to assist the prosecution.  The detectives, prosecution, and the first lawyer assigned as Dassey's defense counsel violated the sacred trust placed in them by the people of Wisconsin, and also violated the oaths they took to support the Constitution.  Meh, screw it though, those are just words and we're getting another conviction.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Juror #8
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're right! He should've just been shot for not committing that crime 18 years prior.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dassey didn't meet with his first attorney before the first pre-trial stuff. If you don't understand what his second attorneys meant, I don't know how to help you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

For what? The rape he didn't commit?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't harrass the juror. They've already been through so many deceitful lies.

Gentle...
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top