Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2015 5:25:17 PM EDT
So, I generally dislike indoor ranges for a variety of reasons, but the other day it reached a new low. My son and I wanted to shoot one last time before his leave was up and he had to go back to base. The only range open at the time was the douchy one that pisses me off every time I go there. Yeah, I know, but I don't have a lot of choices around here... We were the only ones in the range and they have cameras everywhere. I barely get one magazine through my 1911, shooting 230 gr cast lead hand loads when douch range employee practically bursts into the range and runs up to me and asked what kind of ammo I am shooting. He had never seen cast lead bullets before because he thought they were STEEL bullets. So apparently he was watching us on video and saw the shiny steel bullets in the open ammo box and got concerned. I'm like, WTF? How can you work at a gun store/range and not know what cast lead bullets look like?! Serously, this guy has been there for years. Ok, rant off.

Why are most gun shop/indoor range employees un knowledgeable douches? I just don't get it...

1DD
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You are correct, but I can't say why most of them are.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, first world problems.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if he knew (and I don't think it's necessary to be a firearms guru to work a range) he should look anyway before some douche ruins his bosses $100k range backstop.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
A dumb range employee would be the one I saw look down the barrel to figure out if the bullet was stilled lodged after a squib
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a TSA employee moonlighting at a gun range.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Breathing too much lead?
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even if he knew (and I don't think it's necessary to be a firearms guru to work a range) he should look anyway before some douche ruins his bosses $100k range backstop.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me guess:  Guns Plus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top