Quoted:

Well. There ya go!

MBT is $125 right now!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can be tool steel and still be investment cast or MIM.  It's obvious that's how Geissele triggers are rough formed given their embossed "G".  They most likely wire EDM engagement surfaces but they are cast or injected blanks.

Not that I think anything is wrong with that.  I have 4 of their triggers.  But I would much more prefer one made from barstock for the same price.

Well. There ya go!

MBT is $125 right now!
Figures -

I just ordered one for full price 10 days ago..lol  Hopefully it shows up soon.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got two Geissele's , they are great triggers , just ordered an MBT today , couldn't pass up the price , if it's as good or close to my Geissele's , I'll be very happy
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried the Geissele and MBT back to back at the GA hometown forum MOA All Day Challenge and could tell very little difference between the two (break felt ever so slightly different between the two). I think they both make excellent triggers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I tried the Geissele and MBT back to back at the GA hometown forum MOA All Day Challenge and could tell very little difference between the two (break felt ever so slightly different between the two). I think they both make excellent triggers.
View Quote

I have 2 G2s triggers installed and a 3rd waiting for a build. Picked up a LaRue to compare to them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have RR 2-stages, Geisselle G2S's & ordered an MBT today.

In all honesty, I like the feel of the G2S's slightly better when dry firing or shooting off the bench. They break more crisp & the second stage is a little smoother but also a little lighter pull. Reset is also more certain.

Shooting 'at something', I'm will to bet I'd never which was which after shot.

I think about any 'good' trigger will break you from using mil-spec (pun intended)...
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys cost me money again. I hope the mbt is a significant upgrade from a LMT 2 stg.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely love Geissele triggers. I think I have at least 5 of them now! Even their rails are top notch designs!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Man... I'm a huge Geissele fanboy... Geissele being my favorite gun related company period.

But no need to start a war between the Geissele triggers and the Larue MBT. I've tried the Larue and really liked the trigger pull but just couldn't get over the width of the trigger blade.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They are very nice. I shot a few.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy my Geissele trigger, I think my next trigger purchase will be a CMC drop in flat trigger.  I might regret it, but I think it's worth a try.
They are very nice. I shot a few.
I've got a 3.5# one in one of my AR pistols. I like it. I know that a 60 year old geezer shooting an ARpistola on the back 40 doesn't qualify as "severe use" but it works for me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll also put it out there...

Triggers:
x3 SSA-E
x1 SSA
x1 G2S
x1 National Match - Service Rifle
x1 RRA 2 stage NM trigger

Rails:
Mk.2 9.5in
Mk.3 13in
Mk.4 15in
Mk.7 national match rail

I'm a little bias. But they make good shit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Have we forgot already

Has anybody else stepped up like Bill has?

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 Geissele triggers, a LaRue LT104 mount, and now an MBT on its way. Proud fanboy of both companies.  

Soot Kitty likes them both too. Thanks to the coolest 14er, TATBME, and his little-assed, every-hat-looks-like-Small's-hat-from-Sandlot-on-it head for the generous donation of the hats.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have 3 Geissele triggers, a LaRue LT104 mount, and now an MBT on its way. Proud fanboy of both companies.  

Soot Kitty likes them both too. Thanks to the coolest 14er, TATBME, and his little-assed, every-hat-looks-like-Small's-hat-from-Sandlot-on-it head for the generous donation of the hats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/KOOLmike/20151228_230706_zpsprvwizcj.jpg
View Quote

I stared into your cat's eyes too long, now I'm going to have to take some Nyquil to go to sleep. That's scary
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's really not a single stage, it's an odd rolling break. Reset is a little long too  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really wish Geissele or Larue would make a single stage trigger.  Until then I'll be buying hyperfires.

I do own multiple Geissele triggers.  They are nice, but I prefer single stage.

https://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html
That's really not a single stage, it's an odd rolling break. Reset is a little long too  

If that is the trigger Stag ships in their 3 gun rifle I didn't like it. I absolutely understand the intent but it just felt too different from what I am used to. I prefer single stage triggers for the most part. I have several Armalite and Rock River two stages that are more than smooth enough for me. I picked up a CMC for black friday last year but haven't put it in anything yet. Also want to try a Timney.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#15]
3 LaRue MBT's
Geissele 2 SSA-E, SD-E, G2S
If I had known how good the MBT's were, I never would have bought the G2S. I still love the Enhanced Geisseles tho.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:58:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I stared into your cat's eyes too long, now I'm going to have to take some Nyquil to go to sleep. That's scary
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/KOOLmike/20151228_230706_zpsprvwizcj.jpg

He's a straight killer. Only got three legs, too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Meh. I have a SD-3G and its decent for sure but its nothing like the 2oz shillen in my bolt gun or the Jewell that's in my SPR-ish AR. They are a really nice combat trigger but not a great target trigger. If all you have ever used is stock trash can triggers they are awesome.

And yes there are roughly 10 million people making triggers right now and most of the higher end ones are all pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Lets be fair here, larue has donated to chris kyles, chad littlefields and imawmd's families. (still don't like Larue, #geisselelyfe ) Though those 125 dollar triggers ARE tempting and I will be buying one, I am whore, i know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I want a $50 trigger. Wake me up when someone makes a good one. Until then I'll just have to deal with my JP Enterprises and my RRA 2 stage.
View Quote

I have RRA 2-stage triggers, and truly there may be better triggers but I don't need them.

And I grab RRA 2-stages when they are sale; haven't gotten any for $50, but damn close to that

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I have only ever had mil spec triggers in all my guns.  I polish em up, change some springs, and thread in a set screw to take up travel.

I bought a G2S on Cyber Monday for a build I'm working on and I just bought a MBT yesterday on sale.  I'm not sure which one to install.  The struggle is real.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Still king.  Geissele makes a trigger for all flavors.  His competitors make a trigger or maybe a couple variations thereof.

That said, I like the competition as it gives us more options.  Just 10 years ago all you had were reduced power hammer springs, an adjustable jewell trigger, chip mccormick, or RRA 2 stage.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#25]
SSA, SSA-E, SSF
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or an Armalite, JP, Compass Lake, Milazzo Kreiger, Bushmaster or Accuracy Speaks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still king.  Geissele makes a trigger for all flavors.  His competitors make a trigger or maybe a couple variations thereof.

That said, I like the competition as it gives us more options.  Just 10 years ago all you had were reduced power hammer springs, an adjustable jewell trigger, chip mccormick, or RRA 2 stage.

Or an Armalite, JP, Compass Lake, Milazzo Kreiger, Bushmaster or Accuracy Speaks

My point still stands
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They can be tool steel and still be investment cast or MIM.  It's obvious that's how Geissele triggers are rough formed given their embossed "G".  They most likely wire EDM engagement surfaces but they are cast or injected blanks.

Not that I think anything is wrong with that.  I have 4 of their triggers.  But I would much more prefer one made from barstock for the same price.
View Quote

That is my thought as well.  Given nearly the same price there is no reason to buy a non-barstock machined part as long as they perform equally well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Guess again buddy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are lots of toy triggers on the market that would be fine in range use guns.  Geissele makes the only quality, severe use triggers on the market.  Decide what your rifle is for and spend your money accordingly.  

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.
Guess again buddy.  

He's right

The other stuff is fine for toys
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#29]

year of the trigger threads
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Nobody here is saying Geissele isn't a stand up company, nor is anyone here saying Larue isn't a stand up company, nor is anybody here saying that Troy is a stand up company.  This thread is simply about a developing rapidly performance trigger market that was once dominated by one single company.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really wish Geissele or Larue would make a single stage trigger.  Until then I'll be buying hyperfires.

I do own multiple Geissele triggers.  They are nice, but I prefer single stage.

https://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html

Have you ever shot one?
That's not a single stage.  Still feels like a 2 stage to me.  I have replaced my s3g in my 3 gun ar with an elffman 3 gun trigger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lets be fair here, larue has donated to chris kyles, chad littlefields and imawmd's families. (still don't like Larue, #geisselelyfe ) Though those 125 dollar triggers ARE tempting and I will be buying one, I am whore, i know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not saying one is better than the other. I have both Bill and Marks triggers. That's just fine with Mark donating to those that you guys know about. Nothing wrong with it. Mark donated a brand new release rifle to the guy in NJ that all of his guns were stolen. Bad ass.

I'm not kicking rocks at Mark. Period, so don't take that from my post.

I was just pointing out Bill stepped up and did something never seen around here before. (That I am aware of anyway)

I think once you achieve a certain level (in this case triggers) it gets really hard to tell one apart. Mark giving away the monthly upper is a hell of a thing. No telling how long he has done that.

I guess what I'm saying is support those that support back the customers. Because not all manufactures do (that we know of anyway)

Both people are making a hell of a product, you cannot go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wondered when competition was going to heat up. Hell Ruger sells some kind of upgrade trigger that comes with some kind of weird housing that looks like part of a lower.*

I don't know if Ruger sells any but I would bet they have a market that is clueless enough to not know about Geisselle and LaRue.

*i assume the housing is so people who have never installed a trigger can get an idea how to do it. Still think Ruger should have gone with an enclosed trigger that just needs pins shoved through
View Quote

Ruger is going to sell a ton of those triggers. Probably already have moved more than most small companies can dream of. Their market share is the real deal. That housing might be handy for quickly testing triggers.

I agree on the drop ins and think the market has shown those to be popular.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm not saying one is better than the other. I have both Bill and Marks triggers. That's just fine with Mark donating to those that you guys know about. Nothing wrong with it. Mark donated a brand new release rifle to the guy in NJ that all of his guns were stolen. Bad ass.

I was just pointing out Bill stepped up and did something never seen around here before. (That I am aware of anyway)

I think once you achieve a certain level (in this case triggers) it gets really hard to tell one apart. Mark giving away the monthly upper is a hell of a thing. No telling how long he has done that.

I guess what I'm saying is support those that support back the customers. Because not all manufactures do (that we know of anyway)

Both people are making a hell of a product, you cannot go wrong with either one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is my thought as well.  Given nearly the same price there is no reason to buy a non-barstock machined part as long as they perform equally well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know probably 99% of light duty vehicles on the road use a cast crankshaft, and a vehicle is a hell of alot more expensive than a trigger.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
, I am whore, i know.
View Quote

I have 23 Geissele triggers and I love them.  I bought the MBT yesterday because of the price.

I feel like I just cheated on my loving loyal intelligent beautiful girlfriend for some strange I picked up in a bar in Two Egg Florida.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You know probably 99% of light duty vehicles on the road use a cast crankshaft, and a vehicle is a hell of alot more expensive than a trigger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.  Cast steering knuckles.  Cast 1911 frames.  There's nothing wrong with castings, especially when Geissele is doing MP testing.  My only point was that casting is generally not done to improve the end products performance or durability.  It is a cost saving measure only*.  If we were able to take a million MBTs machined from hot rolled S7 and a million SSAs machined from cast S7 (I'm not certain what the ASTM designation is for cast steel with the properties of rolled S7), both heat treated and stress relieved to the same final hardness; and put a million cycles through each of those triggers, the cast trigger would have a higher failure rate.  Even if only slightly.  And to your point, probably unnoticeable to any typical end user.

*exception being when the geometry of the part in question can be cast to reduce weight in shapes impossible to machine.

ETA: The fact that we'd even be discussing in term of parts per million failure illustrates your previous point that others have also made - once you get to spending $200 on a trigger, it's a pretty tight competition between which is "better."
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I have several Geissle SD-E triggers and I like them a lot but I'd be hard pressed to decide between my two Hiperfire 24C triggers.
Both are nice and crisp but the Geisslle has just a hair of take up the Hiper Fire has zero take up.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#41]
No one can touch geiselle
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nobody here is saying Geissele isn't a stand up company, nor is anyone here saying Larue isn't a stand up company, nor is anybody here saying that Troy is a stand up company.  This thread is simply about a developing rapidly performance trigger market that was once dominated by one single company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This MBT trigger by LaRue gives Geissele competition with the SSA or maybe even a SSA-E but nobody puts out the specialty triggers like Geissele.

Also, if you need a big pin trigger for your Colt Geissele has it and if you need a FA enhanced trigger set for your Class III Geissele has it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhh yeah, I had a Compass Lake rifle with their trigger... best AR target trigger I've used.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wondered when competition was going to heat up. Hell Ruger sells some kind of upgrade trigger that comes with some kind of weird housing that looks like part of a lower.*

I don't know if Ruger sells any but I would bet they have a market that is clueless enough to not know about Geisselle and LaRue.

*i assume the housing is so people who have never installed a trigger can get an idea how to do it. Still think Ruger should have gone with an enclosed trigger that just needs pins shoved through
View Quote

That is a brilliant move. In a brick and mortar store, it allows customers to feel the Ruger trigger before they buy it.

With Geissele, CMC, and the others, you have to know someone that has one if you want to try before you buy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That is a brilliant move. In a brick and mortar store, it allows customers to feel the Ruger trigger before they buy it.

With Geissele, CMC, and the others, you have to know someone that has one if you want to try before you buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea you can fire the trigger in the store, at least with the upgrade 10/22 trigger anyway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We started with a one-springer, now we're already shipping 2-springers ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This MBT trigger by LaRue gives Geissele competition with the SSA or maybe even a SSA-E but nobody puts out the specialty triggers like Geissele.

Also, if you need a big pin trigger for your Colt Geissele has it and if you need a FA enhanced trigger set for your Class III Geissele has it.

We started with a one-springer, now we're already shipping 2-springers ...

How about sending me the extra springs that you provide now but were not available when I bought two of your MBTs (at full price) back in the summer?  I'll be glad to pay shipping.

The hats were great, (I wear them out to the range) and I enjoyed the Dillo Dust (had it on ribs) and I distributed the  copies of the Constitution to family members I suspect voted for Obama and I even put one of your bumper stickers on my truck but the extra springs would be nice to have now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, now I'm intrigued. Looking forward to seeing the SSP!
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top