Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw it today and thought it was very well done. I wish it had told what really happened to Stevens at the end when it showed the photos of the actual people.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Watched it tonight.

Was filled with a quiet fury.

Man, what a clusterfuck.

I was heartened with the amount of people in a late night showing on a Sunday.

I officially can't make fun of Michael Bay anymore.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL.

Not with air to ground ordnance hung it's not.

And you're presuming that these mythical fueled and armed aircraft that weren't even at sig had the capability to do anything with someone "painting targets" -- that's not a good assumption.  You don't have any idea what capabilities were available there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F-16's at Aviano AFB were an hour from NAS Sigonella, Sicily, which was an hour from Benghazi.  When Hillary and Obama "liberated" Libya during the Arab Spring, sorties were flown out of Sigonella.  Immediately upon hearing of an attack, a component chain of command would have directed assets in Aviano to stage to Sigonella.  Except, State and the White House were unavailable (Hillary and Obama went dark after cocktail hour in DC) and lying about what was going on.

What is an F-16 going to do?  Drop bombs blind in the middle of a city?  Do you think they were sitting on the tarmac armed and ready to go fly into another country's territory?  Do you have any idea what goes into putting a strike package over territory you don't own?

BTW, killer, what's the combat radius of an F-16, and how does that compare to the 400+ mile trip from Sig to Benghazi?  Oops.  Now you've got to get tankers up too.

Hindsight is 20/20 -- there should have been something planned.

Combat radius with a standard load is about 500 miles.  Up to 1000 non combat.  Benghazi is about 450 miles from Sigonella.  The first one could have easily made it there and back given there would have been no air to air engagement, returning in ferry mode after a second plane arrived.  Something as simple as a low supersonic pass could have sent a message.  I don't see that a tanker would have been necessary given the ability to refuel in Sigonella.  Even if it were a cold refuel, and given time to ramp up at Aviano, I would thin that we could have had one F16 do a low pass in 4 hours; even 5 or 6 would have helped.  And since no one knew when the attack would actually end, I find it inexcusable that command never even initiated a response.

ETA:  The contractors have said repeatedly that they had the equipment and were prepared to paint targets.

LOL.

Not with air to ground ordnance hung it's not.

And you're presuming that these mythical fueled and armed aircraft that weren't even at sig had the capability to do anything with someone "painting targets" -- that's not a good assumption.  You don't have any idea what capabilities were available there.

Lots of info here:

http://fullmeasure.news/news/politics/rescue-interrupted

http://fullmeasure.news/news/politics/rescue-interrupted-part-2
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
double tap

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Wow, just WOW.

Those two articles by   Sharyl Attkisson  certainly open up another can of worms.

And once again fucking zero and hillary are at the center of it.

And the Pentagon is refusing to release the AAR covering the .mil response.

WHY?

What can be so 'secret' about something they did not do?

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wow, just WOW.

Those two articles by   Sharyl Attkisson  certainly open up another can of worms.

WHY?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow, just WOW.

WHY?

There aren't any articles at those links. They're videos that don't work.

I'm quite certain the pentagon did respond. The details of that response are almost certainly classified to protect a variety of things you don't need to know about. Just because some people think nobody did anything, there weren't any f16s flying overhead, doesn't mean everybody sat on their hands. Eventually a heavily redacted version will probably be released.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm quite certain the pentagon did respond. The details of that response are almost certainly classified to protect a variety of things you don't need to know about. Just because some people think nobody did anything, there weren't any f16s flying overhead, doesn't mean everybody sat on their hands. Eventually a heavily redacted version will probably be released.
View Quote

I know who did sit on their hands, the multiple QRF elements that were available to head their almost immediately.  Why they were sitting on their hands is another story.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, just WOW.

WHY?

Links seem to work for most people.  Maybe they just don't work in the Top Secret Compartmentalized bunker where you are.  Or maybe the government is blocking them where you are.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top