Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2016 7:58:53 AM EDT
Can POTUS order an audit of the Federal Reserve?

Is it within his constitutional authority?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
No. POTUS is the fed's bitch.

Congress could do it though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Nobody [and I mean NOBODY] in the Fed government wants an audit of the Federal Reserve.

You know the shell game scam................yeah, the Government invented that game.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would they?  The only thing it would do is expose the lie that is our currency and our debt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The Federal Reserve is not a Federal entity any more than Federal Express.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody [and I mean NOBODY] in the Fed government wants an audit of the Federal Reserve.

You know that the shell game scam................yeah, the Government invented that game.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why would they?  The only thing it would do is expose the lie that is our currency and our debt.
View Quote
maybe I should have asked if it is in the best interest of the Nation to know how sound our monetary system is.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
maybe I should have asked if it is in the best interest of the Nation to know how sound our monetary system is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While it may be in the best interests of the nation to know the solvency of our monetary system, it most certainly is not in the best interests of those run the nation or those who run the monetary system.  That's why it will never be audited.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Tin foil hat time everybody...

Wasn't there some CNBC or MSNBC  higher up guy who reported on the LIBOR scandal and then like the next day the nanny killed 2 of his 3 kids?

The wife/mom and kid #3 were not killed because the mom had taken kid #3 to like a skating lesson or something like that?

They come home to their (upper crust Manhattan) apartment and find blood every where.

Then the nanny tries to slash her own throat.

LIBOR is the rate at which these big banks like loan money to each other.

I think if you were to read the back of your credit card statement it says something to the effect of "your interest rate is the LIBOR rate plus 4%".
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#10]
He appointed chair yell,d
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Who could actually "do" the audit?

I can't think of any entity I would trust enough with stakes that high....
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tin foil hat time everybody...

Wasn't there some CNBC or MSNBC  higher up guy who reported on the LIBOR scandal and then like the next day the nanny killed 2 of his 3 kids?

The wife/mom and kid #3 were not killed because the mom had taken kid #3 to like a skating lesson or something like that?

They come home to their (upper crust Manhattan) apartment and find blood every where.

Then the nanny tries to slash her own throat.

LIBOR is the rate at which these big banks like loan money to each other.

I think if you were to read the back of your credit card statement it says something to the effect of "your interest rate is the LIBOR rate plus 4%".
View Quote

I vaguely remember this.  I didn't know the background when I'd heard about it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone who can't be bought and looks out for the best interests of the nation.

I can think of a few but I don't think they'd be up for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arthur Anderson.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and no...

Would it open the eyes of the American people probably not because ignorance is bliss.

It would drive a huge wedge between bankers and everyone else.I

f it was brought to the light I believe that there would be a shit tonne of people at the FedRes and other "Too big to fail" banks that either end up killed or other injuries.

People don't want to know that their money is really just debt.  They want to think that the money they have has value to it when in reality it isn't worth the blend of paper they print it on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Of course he could.  It is questionable if he could effectively order them to comply, but he is the head of several agencies/departments capable of conducting an audit. He could just tell the IRS to audit the fed.  Or the Treasury, or the FBI, or the Secret Service, or the...  If/when the Fed fails to fully cooperate, there would be a showdown with subpoenas, federal court hearings, etc..  It would get ugly, but that doesn't affect the question of could the audit be ordered.  

That being said, I think the chance any president who's last name doesn't begin with P would be infinitely small.  A more likely possibility is that a president may coerce them to do a "self audit" with limited accountability, and force them to become a bit more transparent and accountable.  

I agree that few people in the gvt would want a real and thorough examination and illumination.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Concur.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#18]
lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. It will expose the true value of dollars (nothing as it's only backed by confidence). The rest of the world dumps the dollar and the US is then very weak.

Obviously that is bad, however the laws of economics are unbreakable- they can only be bent. The exposure of the racket is coming whether we (and they) like it or not- the longer it takes to uncover, the more weak the US will be when it all comes to light.

It will be glorious for we the people to be freed of the ball and chain, but not without a lot of pain.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes. It will expose the true value of dollars (nothing as it's only backed by confidence). The rest of the world dumps the dollar and the US is then very weak.

Obviously that is bad, however the laws of economics are unbreakable- they can only be bent. The exposure of the racket is coming whether we (and they) like it or not- the longer it takes to uncover, the more weak the US will be when it all comes to light.

It will be glorious for we the people to be freed of the ball and chain, but not without a lot of pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The funny thing is I don't think the world would dump the dollar so readily because they'd have to look at their currency and think wow what the fuck is my dollar worth.

I for one would love for the fedres lie to be uncovered because I think we the people should be the masters of the government and not the bankers that run the fedres.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#21]
If there ever is a "revolution" one of the first things that needs to happen is prison time for all fed officials from top to bottom (down to the armed guards that walk the walls) while their crimes are sorted out.

They should be hoisted by their own petard since they live by manipulating everyone else without due process.  The very fact that an audit is prevented should be enough to perp walk every single one of them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It probably wouldn't be in our best interests to have that information public. It's be like if the world markets were on "Plenty of Fish" and you put in your profile that you had herpes and aids. It's good that you know it, but you aren't getting any dates.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If there ever is a "revolution" one of the first things that needs to happen is prison time for all fed officials from top to bottom (down to the armed guards that walk the walls) while their crimes are sorted out.

They should be hoisted by their own petard since they live by manipulating everyone else without due process.
View Quote

Why prison time?  I'd go straight to the firing line.

Anyone who had anything to do with the actual banking parts straight to the firing line.  Secretaries and security personnel would be spared.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Anyone who had anything to do with the actual banking parts straight to the firing line.  Secretaries and security personnel would be spared.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should be hoisted by their own petard since they live by manipulating everyone else without due process.

Ultimately, we have to grant them due process or we are no better than they are.

Caution will need to be taken to make sure that they don't buy or buddy their way out of responsibility.

I'm not so certain that the secretaries and security should be exempt.  They protect and help the organization function.  That makes them accessories as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#25]
At this point what difference does it make?

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Techinally they COULD, but they won't because they are the Fed's bitches too. There's nothing in the world more powerful than the FRB. Nothing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#28]
lol I'm pretty sure if one tried, they'd get "the talk"
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Presidential Finding of National Security Risk.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Techinally they COULD, but they won't because they are the Fed's bitches too. There's nothing in the world more powerful than the FRB. Nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't congress just have a vote on this subject?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The funny thing is I don't think the world would dump the dollar so readily because they'd have to look at their currency and think wow what the fuck is my dollar worth.

I for one would love for the fedres lie to be uncovered because I think we the people should be the masters of the government and not the bankers that run the fedres.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money needs to have value. The value of money comes from scarcity. Dollars are not scarce because they are (and can be in the first place) printed. Easy to make a sheet of bills, hard to mine and process gold and silver.

The world will have no choice to dump the dollar because there are too many to be considered sound money. The dollar will become just another currency- not the reserve.

Hopefully everyone realizes that the only money incorruptible by human temptation is gold and silver- not some bucket of currencies. The Founders knew this, hopefully we can do it again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

While it may be in the best interests of the nation to know the solvency of our monetary system, it most certainly is not in the best interests of those run the nation or those who run the monetary system.  That's why it will never be audited.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or reigned in. Ala JFK.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There isn't a single country that backs their money. They all float on the dollar. Gadhafi was trying g to implement an African gold back dinar that would've brought the current world mknetary system to its knees. We all know what happened to him. Saddam, Assad and Iran ALL have sold oil for something other than the US Dollar, well, 1 is no longer here, Assad is lucky that Putin has his back and well, Iran has been on the chopping block for years.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/markets/item/4630-gadhafi-s-gold-money-plan-would-have-devastated-dollar
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Money needs to have value. The value of money comes from scarcity. Dollars are not scarce because they are (and can be in the first place) printed. Easy to make a sheet of bills, hard to mine and process gold and silver.

The world will have no choice to dump the dollar because there are too many to be considered sound money. The dollar will become just another currency- not the reserve.

Hopefully everyone realizes that the only money incorruptible by human temptation is gold and silver- not some bucket of currencies. The Founders knew this, hopefully we can do it again.
View Quote

True.  The banks do not want a PM backed currency and I'm betting the banks would do their damnedest to stop the US from going back to a PM based currency.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There isn't a single country that backs their money. They all float on the dollar. Gadhafi was trying g to implement an African gold back dinar that would've brought the current world mknetary system to its knees. We all know what happened to him. Saddam, Assad and Iran ALL have sold oil for something other than the US Dollar, well, 1 is no longer here, Assad is lucky that Putin has his back and well, Iran has been on the chopping block for years.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/markets/item/4630-gadhafi-s-gold-money-plan-would-have-devastated-dollar
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched a youtube video on this subject not to long ago.

It was very interesting to see why the US was so aggressive with their revolution.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
The major players in the Federal Government would be auditing themselves.  They do not want you to ever find out what is going on at the Fed Reserve.  They all have secret accounts with probably trillions of dollars they have stolen from the tax payers squirreled away and if the people ever found out about it, there would be a revolution.  

Even Ben Bernanke (or was it Alan Greenspan?) admitted that if the people ever found out what was going on at the Federal Reserve there would be a revolution.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes and no...

Would it open the eyes of the American people probably not because ignorance is bliss.

f it was brought to the light I believe that there would be a shit tonne of people at the FedRes and other "Too big to fail" banks that either end up killed or other injuries.

People don't want to know that their money is really just debt.  They want to think that the money they have has value to it when in reality it isn't worth the blend of paper they print it on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and no...

While I think you are right (IMO), the sad truth is (again IMO) no one (the great unwashed mass') cares.  It's just the state of affairs these days .......disconnect anyone?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#38]
This country is ran by the ignorant and the apathetic.

Unless it affects them directly IE their free money/foodstamps/housing then they don't give a flying fuck.

They don't care about freedom.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

I'm in agreement with Ben Franklin about this.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The major players in the Federal Government would be auditing themselves.  They do not want you to ever find out what is going on at the Fed Reserve.  They all have secret accounts with probably trillions of dollars they have stolen from the tax payers squirreled away and if the people ever found out about it, there would be a revolution.  

Even Ben Bernanke (or was it Alan Greenspan?) admitted that if the people ever found out what was going on at the Federal Reserve there would be a revolution.
View Quote

Henry Ford said that, Founder of Ford Motor Company

Greenspan has reversed his whole economic ideology. First he was for gold as a tie to the dollar, then he was against it. Bernake had the audacity to say gold isn't money (but if he didn't, it would open a can of worms for him):

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#40]
So he was for it before he was against it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#41]
On January 20, shortly after the new President is sworn in he is ushered into a small room in the basement of the White House. He is then shown a video of the Kennedy Assassination from the perspective of the grassy knoll. This is why Presidents don't mess with the Federal Reserve.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So he was for it before he was against it?
View Quote

Alan Greenspan first believed in the gold standard (long before becoming head of the Fed):

Then he abandoned it as head of Fed.

Seven years ago he returned to his Ayn Randian ways (after leaving the Fed):

He is getting old and is probably wanting to clear his conscience.

Crazy that it's all controlled by people who can't even make up their mind.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Although I think the relationship is a bit more complex.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You know the shell game scam................yeah, the Government invented that game.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
What would  such an " AUDIT "  entail ?

The federal reserve produces  " Money"  from thin air, in quantities that are so vastly, incomprehensibly large, so well distributed, and  in no fashion based on any tangible collateral, such that  said MONEY is entirely FIAT, with no actual backing, and  loans made with  such freely conjured  "Currency"  are not  payable BY any real product, service, estate, nor  collection of objects.

.   The result of an AUDIT would be  akin to describing last night's  dream of a Monopoly game with 300 million players.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The federal reserve produces  " Money"  from thin air, in quantities that are so vastly, incomprehensibly large, so well distributed, and  in no fashion based on any tangible collateral, such that  said MONEY is entirely FIAT, with no actual backing, and  loans made with  such freely conjured  "Currency"  are not  payable BY any real product, service, estate, nor  collection of objects.
.   The result of an AUDIT would be  akin to describing last night's  dream of a Monopoly game with 300 million players.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question 1 would be how much money is there? This was provided until 2006 under the title "M3." The reason the Fed provided for why they won't tell us how many dollar bills exist was, "It is too expensive to keep track."

That's right, the entity which is able to print money says it's too expensive to keep track of how much they print

The real answer here is to elect a president who would appoint Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, or someone similar as Chairman of the Federal Reserve.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#47]
He could team the nsa up with an accounting team.  That would give a great picture of all the actions taken.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Just when my knee heels up....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top