Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe they are just more effective as a society at getting their smart people to use their smarts in productive ways. [that was the main argument of the Bell Curve]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing that the people of Izzy land scored only 95   Sum Tin Wrong.

Maybe they are just more effective as a society at getting their smart people to use their smarts in productive ways. [that was the main argument of the Bell Curve]

Maybe their Arab citizens are counted in the mix (about 20%) thereby lowering the results.

Also, Sephardic Jews who have a Middle Eastern origin (as opposed to a European one) constitute the majority of Jews in Israel.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The book "Guns Germs and Steel" had a pretty good take on this. It boils down to climate and food availability.  If the climate is temperate and food is readily available year-round, why develop agriculture--and everything that stems from it?  Many places didn't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you give an IQ test to a bunch of illiterate people, you'll get a bunch of crap scores.

It doesn't mean they're retarded--it means they can't read.

So why can't a people make a written language until the English, Dutch, Spanish, French or Germans colonized them?.

The book "Guns Germs and Steel" had a pretty good take on this. It boils down to climate and food availability.  If the climate is temperate and food is readily available year-round, why develop agriculture--and everything that stems from it?  Many places didn't.

A more half baked, shoot from the hip, opinion from an academic's asshole book I have not yet found than GG&S.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe their Arab citizens are counted in the mix (about 20%) thereby lowering the results.

Also, Sephardic Jews who have a Middle Eastern origin (as opposed to a European one) constitute the majority of Jews in Israel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing that the people of Izzy land scored only 95   Sum Tin Wrong.

ooooh, didn't know that second one. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet, Mongolia, France Spain and Italy are above us on that list.... I'm not real proud of of that, lol.
View Quote
I suspect in some of those countries the mouth-breathers are identified early and shuffled off.  I've see a documentary on Mongolia and how basically all their kids are taken by helicopter to some big boarding schools and returned for holidays and summers.  Lots of kids want to say home and herd horses/reindeer.  I'd bet the dumb kids...they are allowed to stop going to school at 8th grade, so they aren't in school when these tests are given.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Would get an equally skewed result if you did NBA/NFL  

Also
I want to see the distribution of gorgeous  female ass.
I think Brazil and some others would own that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought 100 was supposed to be average.
View Quote

We must lower standards because racism.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Like a pint a pound the world around. Average IQ should be the same everywhere.  The test is biased
View Quote

No, average IQ should NOT be the same everywhere.  Countries with poor nutrition should score lower, more kids fail to achieve their genetic potential for mental prowess due to not getting a proper diet.

Additionally, there is always going to be regional variation with any biological stat due to diversity of population.

However I do agree with everyone that the magnitude of difference expressed in the various tests is most likely due to cultural bias.  Having seen how some westerners with mild to moderate retardation function, there is no way the average tribesman in Papua New Guinea has an IQ of 57.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet, Mongolia, France Spain and Italy are above us on that list.... I'm not real proud of of that, lol.
View Quote

Hold up there Sparkles-

Spain and France are above the US because Alphabet.

I realize my typing this hurts our case...
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Any joke I make will land me in Ban Land...
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's science actually. The Middle East is plagued by Muslims interbreeding and producing genetic defects, mongoloids, and mental deficiencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not surprising

It's science actually. The Middle East is plagued by Muslims interbreeding and producing genetic defects, mongoloids, and mental deficiencies.

A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred: In Pakistan, 70 percent of all marriages are between first cousins (so-called "consanguinity”) and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30 percent (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants”

Statistical research on Arabic countries shows that up to 34 percent of all marriages in Algiers are consanguine (blood related), 46 percent in Bahrain, 33 percent in Egypt, 80 percent in Nubia (southern area in Egypt), 60 percent in Iraq, 64 percent in Jordan, 64 percent in Kuwait, 42 percent in Lebanon, 48 percent in Libya, 47 percent in Mauritania, 54 percent in Qatar, 67 percent in Saudi Arabia, 63 percent in Sudan, 40 percent in Syria, 39 percent in Tunisia, 54 percent in the United Arabic Emirates and 45 percent in Yemen (Reproductive Health Journal, 2009 Consanguinity and reproductive health among Arabs.).

A large part of inbred Muslims are born from parents who are themselves inbred – which increase the risks of negative mental and physical consequences greatly.

Meh, cousin x cousin interbreeding is actually pretty standard. Charles Darwin married his cousin, as did Albert Einstein.

Also, it's important to understand the genetic diversity in a population.  A group of relatively isolated people are often genetically very closely related regardless of if they avoid marrying 2nd cousins or closer.  And really, for the vast majority of human history, that's how we all lived...in small tribal clan-groups who avoided marrying siblings and offspring, but generally married moderately close relatives with the occasional infusion of outside blood from a raid were womenfolk from a neighboring enemy group got carried off.

There are some genetic risks for having a small gene pool, but for the most part they are greatly overstated.  Plants have genes and DNA same as us (you really have to get to very primitive one-celled organisms before you find something without genes and DNA) and many of them self-fertilize.  If close relative breedings were across the board terrible, then evolutionary pressure would have pushed them all to cross-fertilize.  

Cheetah population almost went extinct 12,000 years ago.  Genetically, the survivors appeared to have been a parent and a handful of offspring.  So a cheetah now crossing with a cheetah who is a hundred generations removed is more similar genetically than cousin to cousin breedings.  This hasn't stopped the Cheetah population from rebounding until the industrial age.  Yes, there are some things like low sperm count that are linked to the extreme inbreeding.  The real risk is if there is a new disease that can infect 1 cheetah, it can infect ALL cheetah. You are unlikely to find a lucky few who are immune.  Still, they aren't drooling retards due to 12,000 years of basically mother-son, brother-sister inbreeding.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So why can't a people make a written language until the English, Dutch, Spanish, French or Germans colonized them?.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you give an IQ test to a bunch of illiterate people, you'll get a bunch of crap scores.

First, the first written languages came out of the middle east.  The Dutch, English, etc didn't have written language until they were taught how to write Latin by the Romans.

Second, there were some peoples who developed written languages in many of the areas marked as 'full of retards' according to the IQ tests...and also artifacts like giant petroglyphs of animals only recognizable as such from modern aircraft,  which tells us there were some people who could do some pretty darn intricate math and planning (or Aliens according to some).
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#13]
woohoo my birtplice is #1

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The list is about what I expected.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
In the country of the retard the clever man is king.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mcuzi was in Mensa, he also ended up living in a yurt
View Quote

Lots of respectable people live in yurts
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#17]
wow, thats high
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Just out of curiosity would an IQ test taken in 6th grade be an accurate representation of someone's IQ when the are 40?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity would an IQ test taken in 6th grade be an accurate representation of someone's IQ when the are 40?
View Quote

Unless you've had a head injury, yeah it's going to be within a few points.

Despite what the PC crowd will have to say on the subject IQ is mostly genetic and isn't very responsive to environment unless you're talking about serious childhood deprivation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, average IQ should NOT be the same everywhere.  Countries with poor nutrition should score lower, more kids fail to achieve their genetic potential for mental prowess due to not getting a proper diet.

Additionally, there is always going to be regional variation with any biological stat due to diversity of population.

However I do agree with everyone that the magnitude of difference expressed in the various tests is most likely due to cultural bias.  Having seen how some westerners with mild to moderate retardation function, there is no way the average tribesman in Papua New Guinea has an IQ of 57.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like a pint a pound the world around. Average IQ should be the same everywhere.  The test is biased

where is the cultural bias in a test void of any language save the initial instruction of solve the puzzles.  it is simply a pattern recognition test they are using for their data with nothing but shapes.

this is a genuine question, I just don't see how it could be interpreted  incorrectly
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guns, Germs and Steel is a farce.  

#1 Book linked 'climate' to latitude saying Europe had an advantage, ignoring there are many coastal areas where due to ocean warmth they same climate resides.

#2 Claims about agriculture linked to lack of year-round food was flawed.  Fertile Crescent was the first area to develop agriculture, Climate back then in the region was different, but winters were still mild.  Colder areas had much less food year round, and developed agriculture later.  

#3 His stance that certain areas were 'blessed' with good animals to domesticate is flawed, he looked at the traits of the already domesticated animal, not their wild relatives or closest relations.  Anarouchs, the wild precursors of cattle, would have been just as much of a challenge to domesticate as Bison.  Mouflon, the still present although endangered ancestor of domestic sheep, are not at all like domestic sheep, more like Big Horn or Dall sheep, not some 'order of magnitude easier' creature.  The list goes on.

#4 claim that European's close proximity with their livestock gave disease resistance is also flawed.  Many hunter/gatherers were quite close to animals, rats are found in civilizations across the globe, carrying disease and this didn't seem to help anybody.  If anything, it was that any culture that developed sea trade exposed themselves to various diseases and developed resistance, be they Europeans or Phoenicians.

He is absolutely right that the Europeans running into cultures that were extremely vulnerable to their diseases while having few diseases of their own to 'backspread' was a huge advantage, but it came not from some cosmic 'win' of the dice roll from having easy to domesticate animals leading to living with animals.  Instead it came from thousands of years trading.  He is also absolutely right that by the time metallic cartridge firearms and railroads were developed,  that level of technology was simply unbeatable.  Whatever culture/group got to it first was going to rule the world, the edge it gave was just too big of a chasm to cross.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, I have met some smart Africans.  They got the fuck out.  Coincidence?  I think not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So reading this the entire continent of Africa is retarded. Almost Literally.

I doubt it's genetic.  Poor nutrition (brain development), the smart folks leave, and other environmental factors.  

Yep, I have met some smart Africans.  They got the fuck out.  Coincidence?  I think not.
They were probably statistical outliers in their home countries and represent the outer end of the bell curve.

While not exactly PC, IQ is definitely more related to genes than to the environment. A number of excellent studies looked at the very issue you mention before it became unpopular in Academia. One by one the various academics failed hypothesis after hypothesis, including yours (which is reasonable) ending in their latest round of PC, that is that the IQ is inherently racist and should not be used.  Unfortunately you are pretty much born with the IQ you have based on your parents IQ and their ethnicity. India, pre 1970 China, NK and other countries have worse nutrition than most of Africa. In fact some of the most brilliant mathematical minds of all times were malnourished their whole life and lived in straw huts and were vegetarians. Diet does play a role in memory, fecundity, and survival but not in your ability to rapidly figure out if a square peg will fit in a circle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Despite what the PC crowd will have to say on the subject IQ is mostly genetic and isn't very responsive to environment unless you're talking about serious childhood deprivation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I've aways been curious about that. I only had my IQ tested once (6th grade) and wasn't sure if the results were still applicable.

Eta: my mom recently gave me some old papers from school and one of them was the test results. I had completely forgotten the whole thing until I saw it. I've taken a few of those online ones and they were mostly pretty close to the results of the actual testing done in 6th grade.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
their test has no words, only shapes, if you can't figure out that the square doesn't go in the circle hole I'm afraid you are retarded in every language
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

their test has no words, only shapes, if you can't figure out that the square doesn't go in the circle hole I'm afraid you are retarded in every language

There are still some cultural biases at work.  Just the basic idea that patterns are important and should be replicated vs a more free-form artistic culture is going to breed interest in finding and continuing patterns or not.  And people with equal brain processing power but different culture are going to perform differently.  Another great example is you give a modern person regardless of language a tooth, a sharp object, and a leather thong and show them you want a necklace, the vast majority regardless of culture are going to pick up the sharp object and 'drill' to make that hole, yet across the world in the stone age, everyone instead scraped vertically to 'trench' a hole in such objects.

Granted,tests based on patterns is going to be one of the better methods of testing, but it isn't going to perfectly offset cultural differences.

Not to mention cultural differences not directly related to the test, but sitting on chairs, writing with pencils, electric lights are all going to be more distracting to people who aren't familiar with them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A more half baked, shoot from the hip, opinion from an academic's asshole book I have not yet found than GG&S.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. What a self referential CF.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
In many tests there are age-bands.  Someone who gets 50% of the questions right at age 10 would be given a different IQ score than someone who gets the same questions right and wrong at age 30.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:Meh, cousin x cousin interbreeding is actually pretty standard. Charles Darwin married his cousin, as did Albert Einstein.  

Also, it's important to understand the genetic diversity in a population.  A group of relatively isolated people are often genetically very closely related regardless of if they avoid marrying 2nd cousins or closer.  And really, for the vast majority of human history, that's how we all lived...in small tribal clan-groups who avoided marrying siblings and offspring, but generally married moderately close relatives with the occasional infusion of outside blood from a raid were womenfolk from a neighboring enemy group got carried off.

There are some genetic risks for having a small gene pool, but for the most part they are greatly overstated.  Plants have genes and DNA same as us (you really have to get to very primitive one-celled organisms before you find something without genes and DNA) and many of them self-fertilize.  If close relative breedings were across the board terrible, then evolutionary pressure would have pushed them all to cross-fertilize.  

Cheetah population almost went extinct 12,000 years ago.  Genetically, the survivors appeared to have been a parent and a handful of offspring.  So a cheetah now crossing with a cheetah who is a hundred generations removed is more similar genetically than cousin to cousin breedings.  This hasn't stopped the Cheetah population from rebounding until the industrial age.  Yes, there are some things like low sperm count that are linked to the extreme inbreeding.  The real risk is if there is a new disease that can infect 1 cheetah, it can infect ALL cheetah. You are unlikely to find a lucky few who are immune.  Still, they aren't drooling retards due to 12,000 years of basically mother-son, brother-sister inbreeding.

View Quote

I wish to know more.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
IIRC German Shepherds usually score mid 70s. Any chance they could be taught Arabic?
View Quote

yeah, but they would raff out roud at Islam.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Millennia of inbreeding via cousin marriage will do that to a people.

View Quote

and poor nourishment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#30]
lol

they are not anymore retarded than anyone else.

they dont have the education.

to a guy who digs up roots to eat a triangle may as well be a spaceship.

take a 140 iq guy and drop him in the retards area and they will all be laughing at the retarded white guy who died around the campfire that night.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#31]
The fact that Massachusetts ranks highest is definitive proof the testing is flawed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm ok now with Hungary losing most of its territory.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#33]
In this country it must be 70.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]
This thread prompted me to take a couple of the free online "IQ tests" I took three total. I scored a 114,112 and a 106. I used a burner email account to retrieve the test results for this one.

Dear Bozo the clown,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 112

You may login at http://www.iqtest.com/login.html at any time to view your score, purchase your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile or The Consciousness Exercises, or edit your account settings:

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They were probably statistical outliers in their home countries and represent the outer end of the bell curve.

While not exactly PC, IQ is definitely more related to genes than to the environment. A number of excellent studies looked at the very issue you mention before it became unpopular in Academia. One by one the various academics failed hypothesis after hypothesis, including yours (which is reasonable) ending in their latest round of PC, that is that the IQ is inherently racist and should not be used.  Unfortunately you are pretty much born with the IQ you have based on your parents IQ and their ethnicity. India, pre 1970 China, NK and other countries have worse nutrition than most of Africa. In fact some of the most brilliant mathematical minds of all times were malnourished their whole life and lived in straw huts and were vegetarians. Diet does play a role in memory, fecundity, and survival but not in your ability to rapidly figure out if a square peg will fit in a circle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it's genetic.  Poor nutrition (brain development), the smart folks leave, and other environmental factors.  

Spot on.

" The Bell Curve" was a definitive work by some Harvard Sociologists comparing the effect of IQ on darn near everything in the U.S., social standing, income, out of wedlock children, incarceration rates, education success, Divorce rates, they basically concluded that if your IQ was 120 or above, you could grow up in or be dropped off in any shithole and you would succeed, but below 80, all the schooling and money in the world and you would still tank your life. But it also revealed a genetic disparity amongst the races, and was shredded in the media and disdained by academia for being " Racist"

Big hoopla A decade or two ago. I picked my copy up in a Dollar Store. Got kicked out of all the good stores. Interesting read if you can find it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This thread prompted me to take a couple of the free online "IQ tests" I took three total. I scored a 114,112 and a 106. I used a burner email account to retrieve the test results for this one.

Dear Bozo the clown,

You may login at http://www.iqtest.com/login.html at any time to view your score, purchase your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile or The Consciousness Exercises, or edit your account settings:

View Quote

probably one of the worst tests out there, about as accurate as the ones you find for free on facebook.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#37]

We need to just go ahead and play Risk on the rest of the world. Straighten their shit out. Globalization. Fuck yeah!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hold up there Sparkles-

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hold up there Sparkles-

weare all about feelz now. U r ok.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The fact that Massachusetts ranks highest is definitive proof the testing is flawed.
View Quote

They get a bonus point pack because Horace Mann.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Spot on.

" The Bell Curve" was a definitive work by some Harvard Sociologists comparing the effect of IQ on darn near everything in the U.S., social standing, income, out of wedlock children, incarceration rates, education success, Divorce rates, they basically concluded that if your IQ was 120 or above, you could grow up in or be dropped off in any shithole and you would succeed, but below 80, all the schooling and money in the world and you would still tank your life. But it also revealed a genetic disparity amongst the races, and was shredded in the media and disdained by academia for being " Racist"

Big hoopla A decade or two ago. I picked my copy up in a Dollar Store. Got kicked out of all the good stores. Interesting read if you can find it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spot on.

eh, I'm gunna call bullshit on the study, unless they have very liberal definitions of the word succeed.  Personal Motivation and work ethic has much more to do with success than raw intellectual capacity.  
I score in the 98th percentile, my brother on the other hand is at somewhere like the 45th percentile but has a much more motivated and aggressive personality, where as I'm pretty easy going.  He does quite a bit better financially than I.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

probably one of the worst tests out there, about as accurate as the ones you find for free on facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Bozo the clown,

I did say free and I did it mostly for the lulz. Yes I used Bozo the clown as my name
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#42]

eh, I'm gunna call bullshit on the study, unless they have very liberal definitions of the word succeed. Personal Motivation and work ethic has much more to do with success than raw intellectual capacity.
I score in the 98th percentile, my brother on the other hand is at somewhere like the 45th percentile but has a much more motivated and aggressive personality, where as I'm pretty easy going. He does quite a bit better financially than I.

So you call bullshit on years of research and reams of correlated data based on your single anecdotal experience?

Have you by any chance read the book or researched in any way?

AND FUCK THE QUOTE TREE BLOCK FOR DESTROYING CONTEXT.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I moved from Mass to GA I'm a GOD among men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Similar findings here in the USA.  

1. Massachusetts: 104.3
2. New Hampshire: 104.2
3. North Dakota: 103.8
4. Vermont: 103.8
5. Minnesota: 103.7
6. Maine: 103.4
7. Montana: 103.4
8. Iowa: 103.2
9. Connecticut: 103.1
10. Wisconsin: 102.9
11. Kansas: 102.8
12. New Jersey: 102.8
13. South Dakota: 102.8
14. Wyoming: 102.4
15. Nebraska: 102.3
16. Virginia: 101.9
17. Washington: 101.9
18. Ohio: 101.8
19. Indiana: 101.7
20. Colorado: 101.6
21. Pennsylvania: 101.5
22. Idaho: 101.4
23. Oregon: 101.2
24. Utah: 101.1
25. Missouri: 101
26. New York: 100.7
27. Michigan: 100.5
28. Delaware: 100.4
29. N. Carolina: 100.2
30. Texas: 100
31. Illinois: 99.9
32. Maryland: 99.7
33. Rhode Island: 99.5
34. Kentucky: 99.4
35. Oklahoma: 99.3
36. Alaska: 99
37. W. Virginia: 98.7
38. Florida: 98.4
39. S. Carolina: 98.4
40. Georgia: 98
41. Tennessee: 97.7
42. Arkansas: 97.5
43. Arizona: 97.4
44. Nevada: 96.5
45. Alabama: 95.7
46. New Mexico: 95.7
47. Hawaii: 95.6
48. California: 95.5
49. Louisiana: 95.3
50. Mississippi: 94.2
http://brandongaille.com/list-average-iq-by-country-and-american-states/

I moved from Mass to GA I'm a GOD among men.

Thank you. I was getting tired of carrying the state by myself.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#44]
That's still 87 points higher than the average Liberal.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

eh, I'm gunna call bullshit on the study, unless they have very liberal definitions of the word succeed. Personal Motivation and work ethic has much more to do with success than raw intellectual capacity.
I score in the 98th percentile, my brother on the other hand is at somewhere like the 45th percentile but has a much more motivated and aggressive personality, where as I'm pretty easy going. He does quite a bit better financially than I.

So you call bullshit on years of research and reams of correlated data based on your single anecdotal experience?

View Quote

pretty much, but hey, they were at least convincing enough to get you to buy a book, so that's cool. Being intelligent does not make up for having no life goals, a fucked up sense of morals, or being socially awkward and incapable of relating to other people.  I'm sure from a statistical point of view, the majority of people with a high IQ will do better than the majority of people with a low IQ, but I doubt it's as cut and dry as if you are above 120 you are going to make it in life and if you are under 80 just kill yourself now.

eta I do agree with a likely genetic disparity among races, but that is not the point I am arguing
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm moving to Equatorial Guinea to begin my new life as a professor.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#47]
something strangely "familiar" with the bottom thirty on that list....

wtf, retarded americans don't even rate triple digits?  thanks a lot, fucking millennials.and alabma.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#48]
hmmm
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

pretty much, but hey, they were at least convincing enough to get you to buy a book, so that's cool. Being intelligent does not make up for having no life goals, a fucked up sense of morals, or being socially awkward and incapable of relating to other people.  I'm sure from a statistical point of view, the majority of people with a high IQ will do better than the majority of people with a low IQ, but I doubt it's as cut and dry as if you are above 120 you are going to make it in life and if you are under 80 just kill yourself now.

eta I do agree with a likely genetic disparity among races, but that is not the point I am arguing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People in the average range tend to do fine in life. Being above average tends to make life easier but the farther out towards the end of the bellcurve you get the less relatable people tend to become. In some ways it's way easier to fail when your potential is greater.

I've got an adopted sibling who's in the 60's, and life for her is HARD. It's difficult for her to be a decent human being because she can't comprehend what that requires. Below 80 you have the relatability problem and you can't understand why.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
All the posters on this board who report their location as Somalia I will forever think of as having an IQ of 68.
View Quote

Or Kenya..
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top