Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
He is a coward who lacks the balls to protect himself and his family and expects the .gov to do it for him.

What a sorry, worthless , piece of filth.

I don't associate with such morally corrupt people.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberals think we are as mentally debased as they are.
View Quote

True, but they're actually crazy.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I suppose he won't dial 911, then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My uncle which I had little respect for just called me and everyone else that carries a pistol a coward.

He voted for jugears twice and spent his whole life hiring behind a union. LOL

I suppose he won't dial 911, then.

Or carry a spare tire for his car, or have smoke detectors or a fire extinguisher at home...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped giving a shit about people like your uncle, a long time ago.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard this response before, usually said by someone who thinks they've offered up some philosophical, immutable truth that will make you come to a realization that is so profound, you'll really question your right to defend yourself. It's every bit as puzzling and poorly thought out to me as hearing a military veteran tell me, "I'll never own a gun. I served in the military and have seen what guns can do."

When they ever so smugly say either of those, I guess I'm supposed to feel ashamed and stunned after they revealed such nuggets of wisdom, that I'll turn in my guns. Sorry, but facing such illogical and poorly thought out responses doesn't impact me in the slightest.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
He's entitled to his opinion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've heard this response before, usually said by someone who thinks they've offered up some philosophical, immutable truth that will make you come to a realization that is so profound, you'll really question your right to defend yourself. It's every bit as puzzling and poorly thought out to me as hearing a military veteran tell me, "I'll never own a gun. I served in the military and have seen what guns can do."

When they ever so smugly say either of those, I guess I'm supposed to feel ashamed and stunned after they revealed such nuggets of wisdom, that I'll turn in my guns. Sorry, but facing such illogical and poorly thought out responses doesn't impact me in the slightest.

View Quote

While I can never know for sure, I've always assumed that guys who say stuff like that never fired a shot in anger...or had peers who did. I've always just assumed they had a non-combat MOS of some sort. And that's fine (and I'm grateful!), but it seems silly for them to lean on that, as if it gives them some sort of enlightened perspective when it comes to firearms.

I work in IT for a dental services organization. This doesn't grant me any unique insights into the actual clinical practice of dentistry. In fact, I can't think of anything douchier than presuming to tell a dentist what's up, simply because I've handled IT for a few hundred of them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Besides the fact that what he's doing is simply projecting his irrational fear of firearms onto others to make himself feel better, let's entertain the idea that we're cowards.

I'm a coward for carrying a firearm because I'm fearful of being a victim of a crime. Therefore I'm also:

A coward for owning a fire extinguisher and smoke detectors in my home because I'm fearful of being the victim to a house fire.
A coward for driving a 4x4 because I'm fearful of driving in bad weather when I have to get to work.
A coward for working out and dieting because I'm fearful of health complications due to lack of exercise and poor nutrition.
A coward for locking my doors because I'm fearful of someone entering my home who isn't invited.
A coward for having a poncho in my car because I'm fearful of being caught in the rain.

...and the list goes on and on.

If all of that makes me a coward, than I'm ok with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does he live in a  community that is gates or has a strong police presence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My uncle which I had little respect for just called me and everyone else that carries a pistol a coward.

Does he live in a  community that is gates or has a strong police presence?

No, but the way he talks you would think so....he always thought he was high dollar.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It probably burns him up that he can't stop people from legally carrying.
I'd probably rub the fucker's nose in it.
View Quote

Bingo!.....exactly the plan!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Tell him that he is a coward and you are going to go over there and fuck his wife, right in front of him.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Well he is your family member. look into getting him some professional help. Sounds like he needs it bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Somehow, I'm not affected by what some commie-voting, union-scum coward thinks of me.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Striker says he'll fight your uncle, meet him at the North Pole and bring your best fighting snow shovel
View Quote

Hell, I'll fight his uncle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh, his opinion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Send him a link to James Yeager videos and see if you can change his mind.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]
What do I have to be scared of?  I'm the one with the gun. -- Clint Smith
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Not that I the a shit about your uncle, but he can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Some day he might end up in a really bad situation, and if he's lucky, some coward will be there bail his ass out of it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What does he think about people who are dependent on others to defend them? Is helplessness a fetish?
View Quote

And unions to think for them!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
OP, ask him if he's ever eaten tastier shit than yours.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Unions are about as useful as a shit flavored lollipop.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a unk like that - told him to eat a big bag of shit a die.

Put me in the line to punch this stupid faggot out.

Im pushing 70 and cant stand his type. I train daily with my cane, but I carry a gun cause I dont like to sweat.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#24]
The coward argument is always my favorite. its the last gasp of a anti's argument before they call you racist and start crying.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Did he "touch" you when you were little?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's right in my case. I carry a gun because I am a coward. I'm ok with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right in my case. I carry a gun because I am a coward. I'm ok with that.

This. I'd much rather be a coward and use a gun to defend myself than get my head beaten in or be stabbed to death.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Well ok then, I guess that settles it. No more guns for me. Thank your uncle for showing me the light.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Striker says he'll fight your uncle, meet him at the North Pole and bring your best fighting snow shovel
View Quote

This is what comes to mind

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I try not to impose my opinion on other people or tell them how I think they should live their life.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I walked away because he is my 82 year old mom's only brother that takes the time to go see her but there will be a day!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell him that if he gets rid of thug representation at work you'll stop carrying a gun..
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I"m old fat and lame...I"ll meet your pussy uncle anywhere he wants to prove his manhood..
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

So.... it's "brave" to just roll over and be a potential victim?  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Let me guess your uncle is the kind of guy who starts fights with guys a lot smaller then him or guys who are alone when he has a bunch of buddies?

I'm sure he has many tales of his personnel heroism... or maybe not so much.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#35]
All of us have at least one nut hanging on the family tree.

gd
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#36]
What does your uncle think about Trump? Serious question.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Couldn't care less.
View Quote

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Your uncle sounds like a reasonable man and reasonable men are entitled to their opinion.

Now if this was your Aunt talking...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#39]
He just needs some gunpowder in his Cheerios.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What does your uncle think about Trump? Serious question.
View Quote

Can't stand him even though he looks like him.....seriously.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Tell him George Washington is looking for him.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top