View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Help a brother out. What's up at cerro?

Daniel

Ditto!

Is this now a "safe thread"?

Yes. There is a safe at Cerro that is waiting to be opened.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
So OP, given what you said, under what circumstance should Cruz not be supported? Because we know what the criteria will be for a Cruz appointment
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
This is without doubt the most pivotal time of our lives.

The most important election and the most important SCJ appointment.  What happens over the next
12 months will set the course of America for the next 100 years.

We are all living in an historical moment of time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Yep we're fucked

In and Out
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]
CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE CERRO FORGE
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stonewalling an Obama SC nomination is a very risky strategy for the Republicans. It could lose them a lot of votes in November. Unlikely it would gain them votes, beyond people who would vote for them already.

The most likely outcome for this impasse is that behind-the-scenes negotiations take place between the White House and the Senate leadership, so that Obama ends up nominating some middle-of-the-road judge who is not notably liberal (or conservative). In other words, the Senate GOP would have an effective veto over Obama's more extreme wishes.

Anyway, the Heller decision is in deep peril of being overruled.
View Quote

And they want Citizens United gone too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You mean the true capitalist that wanted a one time tax for everyone with 10mil plus at 14.5%.....you trust him?
View Quote

More than the guy that wants a permanent 90% tax......
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you ever watch Jay Leno's tonight show where he did a segment called "Jay Walking"?

Here is one example:

https://youtu.be/WJlY9C7YWzI

99% of the people you could meet on the street could not name the 9  current Supreme Court justices.  (But they could rattle off 9 of the Broncos' players   )Consequently, I don't see it costing the Repubs votes in November

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stonewalling an Obama SC nomination is a very risky strategy for the Republicans. It could lose them a lot of votes in November. Unlikely it would gain them votes, beyond people who would vote for them already.

The most likely outcome for this impasse is that behind-the-scenes negotiations take place between the White House and the Senate leadership, so that Obama ends up nominating some middle-of-the-road judge who is not notably liberal (or conservative). In other words, the Senate GOP would have an effective veto over Obama's more extreme wishes.

Anyway, the Heller decision is in deep peril of being overruled.

Did you ever watch Jay Leno's tonight show where he did a segment called "Jay Walking"?

Here is one example:

https://youtu.be/WJlY9C7YWzI

99% of the people you could meet on the street could not name the 9  current Supreme Court justices.  (But they could rattle off 9 of the Broncos' players   )Consequently, I don't see it costing the Repubs votes in November

+1 only people paying attention are the people that already have their minds made up

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If McConnell does not allow it , it cannot even get to the floor for a vote, PERIOD!  
View Quote

I emailed him and pleaded with him to hold the line.

Please...............PLEASE EVERYONE.............email him and let him know you want him to hold strong................................PLEASE!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

OBAMA might be counting on no one filling the seat.  Least until Hilary takes office. And, he'll blame it all on the Republicans.  See how that works?

Then..........you know she needs to re-pay him in some way, right.

So vote correctly and their plans go to $@^*.

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
If Hilldawg wins she'll appoint Obama to the court.

If a Republican wins, Obama will try to be UN Secretary General.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The most important election and the most important SCJ appointment.  What happens over the next

View Quote

Rest assured the government will win.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hillary goes to SC
Bernie gets elected

No thanks.

Obama helps Bernie get elected and Obama gets on the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Check your IM  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I wanted to scare you I'd tell you what is going on at Cerro forge  

I'll bite.  What's going on at CF?
Check your IM  

Please send me an IM too, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Consequently, I don't see it costing the Repubs votes in November
View Quote

The Senate GOP stonewalling Obama's SC pick would be played up by the media as obstructionism, in the same way as the government shutdown over budget issues. This sort of thing is anathema to independent voters.

Also, another factor to consider is the shape of the presidential race as the year goes forward. If polling shows that the Dem candidate is leading after the conventions are over, the Senate GOP may decide to cut a deal with Obama rather than risk a more liberal Dem president. They would have more leverage with a lame-duck Obama, and might be able to get a non-leftist justice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty much to what it's coming to...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either way, dividing lines are drawn. Each side is sick of the other.

Who fires first?

It's a civil Cold War right now.

The problem is that Conservative judges act according to Constitutional protections and leave their politics behind.

Liberals justices are political activists.

WHEN, not if, the court goes 6:3 liberal the communists are going to go full court press. As much as I think many of jrzy's posts are eyebrow raising, this time he is absolutely right. The first thing the liberals are going to do is get rid of the second amendment. Having armed people makes doing whatever the hell you want to them rather difficult. The liberals know this. They don't give a shit about public safety etc.

That said, I think it will be our side that fires the first real shot. A wildly unpopular decision and you suddenly have a very unhappy person looking to do something to one of them, and it would be absurdly easy.

After that it just depends on which side the military and police fall on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The problem is that Conservative judges act according to Constitutional protections and leave their politics behind.

WHEN, not if, the court goes 6:3 liberal the communists are going to go full court press. As much as I think many of jrzy's posts are eyebrow raising, this time he is absolutely right. The first thing the liberals are going to do is get rid of the second amendment. Having armed people makes doing whatever the hell you want to them rather difficult. The liberals know this. They don't give a shit about public safety etc.

That said, I think it will be our side that fires the first real shot. A wildly unpopular decision and you suddenly have a very unhappy person looking to do something to one of them, and it would be absurdly easy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who fires first?

I can't say I disagree with this.  Add in crushing national debt, tons of personal debt, healthcare costs doubling (or worse) under obamacare, banks now required to 'test' NIRP, racial divides, etc...   It's very likely one on our side will simply lose it, and that'd be a goldmine for the left to play with.  Instant demonization of us, and many in the middle will lap it up.

Not liking where any of this is going.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I said we have aging Conservative justices hanging on until we can take back the white house.,I was chided , laughed at and said yeah yeah all the elections are the most important.

If McConnell does not live up to his statement this hour and force this to stay off the floor we are dead.
The court will then swing 5-4 liberal
One more Justice after that the court goes 6-3 liberal.

The next President hold our future in his hands

And before anyone says Trump will put a liberal on the bench
BS
First I don't believe he would violate his oath of office and I do not believe a true Capitalist would do so.
We also have the Senate to stop him.

Now you all know damn well bernie or hilary would do their level best to ensure a liberal court.

Who is next?  

RIP Your Honor
A fine judge and good Conservative
View Quote

The real issue with Trump is that he has no true understanding as to what a liberal is and supports because he was one.

He still has some of those views with planned parenthood and taxes and government control, regulations so his view is and

always will be tainted. he showed this in the debate last night and he cant help it its just how he feels.

I love the energy and the things he brought to the front of this election but he cant finish the deal because he has no plan other

than it will be the biggest and bestus ever and its getting old. he better come up with some new ideas or he will fade in the end.

I support Ted but would vote for Trump if he gets the nod but honestly his circus tent is falling down all around him.

I hope as a country we can get our shit together and stop looking like a bunch of finger pointing asshats that have no real ideas

only name calling.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
If you have any doubt what the Left will do, here it is. Off a DNC mailer.

"But no matter what Mitch McConnell says, President Obama is going to fulfill his constitutional obligation to nominate a successor to fill the vacant seat on the Supreme Court -- and that nominee deserves a fair hearing in the Senate.

Add your name to call on Republicans to follow the Constitution instead of obstructing the confirmation of our next Supreme Court justice:"

They see blood in the water.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So OP, given what you said, under what circumstance should Cruz not be supported? Because we know what the criteria will be for a Cruz appointment
View Quote
If cruz wins the nomination we support him fully and without reservation

His picks might be as right as they can be but thats not a bad thing if we can get them through
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thats what I have been saying for the last three years!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Please...............PLEASE EVERYONE.............email him and let him know you want him to hold strong................................PLEASE!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If McConnell does not allow it , it cannot even get to the floor for a vote, PERIOD!  

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The real issue with Trump is that he has no true understanding as to what a liberal is and supports because he was one.

He still has some of those views with planned parenthood and taxes and government control, regulations so his view is and

always will be tainted. he showed this in the debate last night and he cant help it its just how he feels.

I love the energy and the things he brought to the front of this election but he cant finish the deal because he has no plan other

than it will be the biggest and bestus ever and its getting old. he better come up with some new ideas or he will fade in the end.

I support Ted but would vote for Trump if he gets the nod but honestly his circus tent is falling down all around him.

I hope as a country we can get our shit together and stop looking like a bunch of finger pointing asshats that have no real ideas

only name calling.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I said we have aging Conservative justices hanging on until we can take back the white house.,I was chided , laughed at and said yeah yeah all the elections are the most important.

If McConnell does not live up to his statement this hour and force this to stay off the floor we are dead.

BS

First I don't believe he would violate his oath of office and I do not believe a true Capitalist would do so.

Now you all know damn well bernie or hilary would do their level best to ensure a liberal court.

Who is next?  

RIP Your Honor

only name calling.

You have to agree, he said this himself last night, he hires the top experts in the fields he needs answers to, the best of the best, he depends on those people to win in what he does.

Now honestly look at how the govt works when someone is elected from either side they fill in govt positions form favors they need to repay, not the best people for the jobs, right?

And this is exactly how we end up with a corrupt do nothing govt.

When I got home from the Navy I got into the teamsters union in new jersey unloading trucks at a trucking hub , (Mason dixon) $21 an hour back then , a lot of money at that time.

I worked like I always did to earn the money paid me.

One day unloading a truck I looked up because the light entering the truck was dimmed, it was dimmed by 6 guys (big guys) who approached me and told me I need to slow down , that the pace I was working it was making them all look bad.

I was shown a piece of paper that was the union contract stating how many pounds of freight per hour had to be unloaded.

I was doing triple that easy .

I was told to slow down or i might have an accident .

I slowed down.

I left that union job as soon as I could find another job.

Thats is why unions side with dems, they back these contracts and work laws.

They are whats destroying our Nation

No more hard work needed to get ahead, let the govt take care of you from the cradle to the grave
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope blah blah blah every election is important blah blah blah I'm not voting republican blah blah blah I'm voting 3rd party with my conscious blah blah blah I'm sick of both sides blah blah blah.

As they slowly watch the very fabric of our nation erode away.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Obama will have an extreme hard left wing black nomination ready in days, already canned.  

McConnell will be forced to act, and the Senate to confirm, to avoid being called racists.  

End of story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS

Who is next?  

Obama will have an extreme hard left wing black nomination ready in days, already canned.  

McConnell will be forced to act, and the Senate to confirm, to avoid being called racists.  

End of story.

The extreme left wing is what hussein wants, the race card will probably be used to help get what he wants.  For that matter, the "race" card might be played with a moslem instead.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was out to dinner with my wife and kids, when this news popped up on my phone.  A wave of panic and dread come over me, my jaw dropped and all I said was, "oh no.  This is not good."  My wife freaked out at first, until I told her what it was about, then she was fine.  She is not nearly as involved as I am.  She votes and that's it.  Maybe she will listen to the news, for about 5 seconds before she gets bored.

I know they said he died in his sleep, but I can't help but think Obama had him killed. Call it wacko, conspiracy, tin-foilsh, but Scalia has been the voice of reason in the courts and a thorn in Obama's side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this another thread that you try to invoke a panic so people buy more gun shit?
Anyone who doesnt have a bit of panic with this news, is either a liberal or not aware of the devastation this could cause to America.

I was out to dinner with my wife and kids, when this news popped up on my phone.  A wave of panic and dread come over me, my jaw dropped and all I said was, "oh no.  This is not good."  My wife freaked out at first, until I told her what it was about, then she was fine.  She is not nearly as involved as I am.  She votes and that's it.  Maybe she will listen to the news, for about 5 seconds before she gets bored.

I know they said he died in his sleep, but I can't help but think Obama had him killed. Call it wacko, conspiracy, tin-foilsh, but Scalia has been the voice of reason in the courts and a thorn in Obama's side.

That was the first thing I thought of when I read the news.  It doesn't even have to be Obama behind it.  There are likely a number of far left organizations with the power and resources to make this happen.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Who fires first?
View Quote

Doesn't matter. The armed will always prevail over the self-disarmed
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't trust Trump to nominate a true conservative. He's likely to find a middle of the road statist who is happy to continue expanding federal power.

That's not to say his nominations wouldn't be better than Hillary or Sanders. Their choices would be even worse for the country.

Ted IMO is likely to pick the best SC justices for the country.
View Quote

With Trump the best you can hope for is another Kennedy on the bench…which I kind of support when it comes to social issues.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Communism is coming
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone with a brain knows that SCOTUS appointments and the people put into position to make SCOTUS appointments is highly crucial. Hence why I stopped voting losertarian for POTUS many years ago.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't call Roberts a conservative

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Is this another thread that you try to invoke a panic so people buy more gun shit?
View Quote
I have been panic buying since 2004

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Communism is coming
View Quote

Nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Communism is coming
View Quote

It's been here for quite some time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Cerro forge is being bought to make Obama statues to replace all
The old Civil Wars stuff
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#36]
If McConnell doesn't have the Senate back in session by tomorrow we could be fucked.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

BS

Who is next?  

RIP Your Honor
View Quote

This.

The Supreme Court is so narrowly divided right now.   They are not a team of justices interpreting the Constitution anymore.  There are clearly two sides.   One, that believes in a framework of laws governed by the Constitution, and one that believes in using the court to drive social change by altering the meaning of the Constitution.

We are well and truly fucked, if Obama gets another SC justice.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.

The Supreme Court is so narrowly divided right now.   They are not a team of justices interpreting the Constitution anymore.  There are clearly two sides.   One, that believes in a framework of laws governed by the Constitution, and one that believes in using the court to drive social change by altering the meaning of the Constitution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS

Who is next?  

RIP Your Honor

This.

We might be more screwed if he doesn't. Imagine the liberals going so nuts over "republican obstructionism " that we end up with Bernie or Hillary getting 3 or 4 nominations
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top