Butt hurt mil guy!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad LEOSA doesn't cover corrections officers.

Federal Corrections is covered under LEOSA

The fact LEOSA exists at all is a problem

Butt hurt mil guy!

Why do you hate freedom?    You must be Law enforcement.   It isn't us vs. them.   It is that every free man should have the right to protect himself and his property.    There should be no LEOSA because all free men should be able to exercise their right to keep and bear arms.    

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

EFF him. Everybody felt sooo bad for him, until you find out he is a cho-mo that has been getting away with it.  He needs to go to prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, well, no problem.

Pro gun Christie will be along any minute to straighten this mess right out.    

He's actually pardoned quite a few people from neighboring states who were charged with similar "crimes."

What about that professor with the flintlock?

EFF him. Everybody felt sooo bad for him, until you find out he is a cho-mo that has been getting away with it.  He needs to go to prison.

You are the problem.  Regardless of what side of the political spectrum you are on..... shall not be infringed.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Raymond Hughes has a license to carry a gun in Pennsylvania but not in New Jersey.

Hughes says he's been suspended from his job as a sergeant at a state prison. He says he's "one of the good guys."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CORRECTIONS_OFFICER_GUN_CHARGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-02-19-13-52-37

View Quote

he's stupid.

Stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All cops who enforce unconstitutional laws are dolts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cop that made that arrest is a dolt.

Why?

All cops who enforce unconstitutional laws are dolts.

Most likely it was one of the New Jersey State Police I mean NJ  Nazis's.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Once again for the stupid.

Cops/law enforcement  are not your friends .  That does not mean they are the enemy. What it does mean is there is zero reason why one should inform law enforcement about a law infraction.  The likelihood of getting searched during a routine pullover is astronomically low.

But these are they same people would call the atf on themselves for a mistaken 922 (r) violation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's actually pardoned quite a few people from neighboring states who were charged with similar "crimes."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, well, no problem.

Yes,  Christie like that type of control.    

ETA... If Christie wasn't a giant bag of dicks,  he would have already pardoned the guy,  written a letter to his employer apologizing for the injustice,  and he'd be using his bully pulpit to demand a bill from legislature that  fixes this by Monday.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dumbass.  It's fucking New Jersey, what the fuck was he fucking thinking?
View Quote

Maybe he forgot that it was a communist shit-hole?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why?  We don't need more special privileges for certain segments of the population.   Fix the problem for all Americans.

As far as this guy play stupid games win stupid prizes.  Everyone knows to stay out of NJ or clean your car beforehand.

Hopefully he'll get a second chance and a pardon though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow. I didn't realize the GD cop-hate extends to DOC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's easier than you think. Several years back I had a job interview in Kansas City. Wasn't until I was talking with the guy on the way out from the interview that I found out we were about 50 feet into KS. So not only was my CCW no good but the gun in the center console, that is legal without a permit in Missouri, was a felony in KS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a CCW in a the state of GA. Before traveling to another state, I would take the... 5 seconds... to check the laws of the state I was traveling to.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who does something so dumb.

It's easier than you think. Several years back I had a job interview in Kansas City. Wasn't until I was talking with the guy on the way out from the interview that I found out we were about 50 feet into KS. So not only was my CCW no good but the gun in the center console, that is legal without a permit in Missouri, was a felony in KS.

There's a big fucking river between PA and NJ, you can't just accidentally cross.  Also the article says he went to AC he had to drive across the entire width of the state.  Zero fucks given, either pure ignorance to think you could have a gun in NJ, or he thought his special snowflake status would protect him.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It does, if you meet the requirements.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bolded part..Unless you live close to the border of NJ you don't get it.  It is a very easy thing to do...

I was visiting the heritage guild in Easton PA one time, on the way back I  turned left where I should not have and found myself en-route to NJ with no way of turning around until AFTER I had crossed the border.  

Another time I was in the Delaware Water Gap area, trying to reach a destination on the PA side.  I was following GPS directions and for some retarded reason GPS took me through NJ and than back into PA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it happens as a former pa resident,its not hard to make a mistake and cross the NJ/MD line...
its not and excuse but i know it happens alot.....

Bolded part..Unless you live close to the border of NJ you don't get it.  It is a very easy thing to do...

I was visiting the heritage guild in Easton PA one time, on the way back I  turned left where I should not have and found myself en-route to NJ with no way of turning around until AFTER I had crossed the border.  

Another time I was in the Delaware Water Gap area, trying to reach a destination on the PA side.  I was following GPS directions and for some retarded reason GPS took me through NJ and than back into PA.

There's a big ass river don't cross it.  Both 78 and 80 are clearly labeled with LAST EXIT IN PENNSYLVANIA
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#13]
That is Forrest Gump stuff right there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, well, no problem.

He didn't pardon them. He had their sentences commuted and offered clemency.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well the PA DOC is not law enforcement, just glorified baby sitters and punching bags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit.  We are the ones that spend the most time with the vermin and become the target quite often.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Hope he gets a felony. Solid lesson for him for being a stooge for the system.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No shit.  We are the ones that spend the most time with the vermin and become the target quite often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't speak for WI but I can easily see it getting abused to high hell in PA.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It can also happen really easy from NY. I think it was port Jarvis or something, I needed gas and punched into GPS, then when I got to gas station there were folks wearing orange vests and the prices were cheap...it took me a second to go . I did not have to get out of the car, so I jus pulled up to the pump and got a tank full and drove the 500ft back to the safety of NY

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it happens as a former pa resident,its not hard to make a mistake and cross the NJ/MD line...

It can also happen really easy from NY. I think it was port Jarvis or something, I needed gas and punched into GPS, then when I got to gas station there were folks wearing orange vests and the prices were cheap...it took me a second to go . I did not have to get out of the car, so I jus pulled up to the pump and got a tank full and drove the 500ft back to the safety of NY

Are you serious?

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Im for constitutional carry for all citizens. You know the 2a.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/Gleason.jpg

Doesn't make him wrong.

I don't believe cops should be given special rights to carry off duty.  Either they get a ccw like the rest of us, or they get to catch a charge like the rest of us.

Make them follow the laws they enforce.

I am too.  I don't think anyone should need a ccw to carry, nationwide.  One way to achieve that is to not let anyone have special snowflake status so that we all have to play by the same rules and therefore have the same amount of skin in the game.  

The first step in doing that is to remove special snowflake statuses from anyone who has them.  Then force them to deal with the laws that commoners have to deal with.

Bam, bigger, more motivated voting blocks that now include politically connected people.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LEOSA does cover corrections... PA DOC is not covered due to PA Law and Policy.

For example....

The guy on the left is a FHP Auxiliary Trooper. He is not covered under LEOSA since FHP Auxiliaries aren't up to the same standards as a FHP Reserve Trooper. That is FL Law and Policy.

They go through a 90 day academy instead of a 180 day academy. FL DOC has a longer academy and training than the FHP Auxiliary Troopers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, well, no problem.

What about that professor with the flintlock?

No shit? Fucking slimy POS...
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
PA Corrections are not Law Enforcement.  Their academy is only like three weeks long.
The arresting officer was ordered to make the arrest several days later.
View Quote

It's a month, use to be 5 weeks...
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am too.  I don't think anyone should need a ccw to carry, nationwide.  One way to achieve that is to not let anyone have special snowflake status so that we all have to play by the same rules and therefore have the same amount of skin in the game.  

The first step in doing that is to remove special snowflake statuses from anyone who has them.  Then force them to deal with the laws that commoners have to deal with.

Bam, bigger, more motivated voting blocks that now include politically connected people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/Gleason.jpg

Doesn't make him wrong.

I don't believe cops should be given special rights to carry off duty.  Either they get a ccw like the rest of us, or they get to catch a charge like the rest of us.

Make them follow the laws they enforce.

There are always going to be some guys with special status and super privleges. Not ever going to get around that. What you can do, is raise the bar and make CCW permits reciprocal throughs the US.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a CCW in a the state of GA. Before traveling to another state, I would take the... 5 seconds... to check the laws of the state I was traveling to.

View Quote

ain't nobody got time fo dat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There are always going to be some guys with special status and super privleges. Not ever going to get around that. What you can do, is raise the bar and make CCW permits reciprocal throughs the US.
View Quote

It is exactly that kind of thinking that needs to be done away with.  Sure, I get on duty (as in, at work) cops having special powers to do their jobs. But if you ryake any person who is not exercising powers of office rather than powers of citizenship (aka, not performing in an official capacity at that moment), there should be no special snowflakes.  Period.  

Any other thinking is against "all men are created equal."

And we need to have constitutional carry, not nationwide ccw permits.  Should not need a permit to exercise a right, period.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arfcom hate knows no boundaries.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am allowed, I used to be one and know how they are.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not cop hating though.  If you or I would catch the charge, so should this guy since he is not covered by any law exempting him from NJ's gun laws (which are unconstitutional imho).

Him being LE connected but not covered by leosa due to standing law....sorry bud, you aren't special.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Its not cop hating though.
If you or I would catch the charge, so should this guy since he is not covered by any law exempting him from NJ's gun laws (which are unconstitutional imho).

Him being LE connected but not covered by leosa due to standing law....sorry bud, you aren't special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not cop hating though.
If you or I would catch the charge, so should this guy since he is not covered by any law exempting him from NJ's gun laws (which are unconstitutional imho).

No he is just a state employee no different then Penn Dot, clerk typist, or any other state civil service employee.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Its not cop hating though.  If you or I would catch the charge, so should this guy since he is not covered by any law exempting him from NJ's gun laws (which are unconstitutional imho).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why he was arrested ! He broke the law because he wasn't allowed to carry a gun in NJ. I can carry a gun nationwide on duty or off. This includes being allowed to fly armed - even if I'm on vacation. If I leave the US, I lose the right to do so (unless I'm working) .  If I'm not allowed to carry a gun but do so anyway then I need to be prepared to face the consequences. The PA DOC guy threw the dice and lost. I choose to both follow the law and limit where I travel. My choices and they come with self determined consequences.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But...the laws I enforce don't apply to me! I'm one of the king's men!

Yep. Also fuck that shithole state.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]
As a prisoner of this state, I say either fix this shit for everyone or let them break it off in his ass.  I'm tired of letting these out of staters off the hook while keeping the jack boot pressed firmly on the throats of everyone who lives here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

One of the good guys.

View Quote
I assume he means "Not a criminal shitbag", as opposed to special privilege because of his job.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh well.
Badges don't grant extra rights.

& FNJ
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He would have been arrested in VA too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FNJ

He would have been arrested in VA too.

Not true, VA has statewide permitless open carry, you may also have a concealed firearm in a vehicle as long as it is in a container, no permit required.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL...Back in the late 70s I got turned around in Alexandria, Virginia and ended-up in DC with a van load of convicts one night. I un-assed that place in a hurry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL...Back in the late 70s I got turned around in Alexandria, Virginia and ended-up in DC with a van load of convicts one night. I un-assed that place in a hurry.

You were only taking them to their jobs on Capitol Hill!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Which is why he was arrested ! He broke the law because he wasn't allowed to carry a gun in NJ. I can carry a gun nationwide on duty or off. This includes being allowed to fly armed - even if I'm on vacation. If I leave the US, I lose the right to do so (unless I'm working) .  If I'm not allowed to carry a gun but do so anyway then I need to be prepared to face the consequences. The PA DOC guy threw the dice and lost. I choose to both follow the law and limit where I travel. My choices and they come with self determined consequences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well stated and to the point...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Nappen said a federal law designed to protect law enforcement officials in this kind of situation, the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, does not protect Hughes because, as a Pennsylvania corrections officer, he doesn't have powers of arrest.
View Quote

Whoops! Yer not a Cop!
Suck it up peasant, you're guilty!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#41]
My bet is he knew it was illegal, has done this before and figured he would be able to brass pass himself out of any potential trouble.

I mean what NJ cop is going to know that PA DOC guys are not sworn?

As far as a case to use to climb the court system with, it doesn't get a whole lot cleaner then this.
Dude got in a car wreck with a drunk, not like he was pulled over and they found 2lbs of heroin and a dead hooker in his trunk.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are you serious?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

He is that's how bad NJ is
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepared to face the consequences or not, wouldn't you do everything in your power to beat the charges if you found yourself on the wrong side of a situation like this?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
As a prisoner of this state, I say either fix this shit for everyone or let them break it off in his ass.  I'm tired of letting these out of staters off the hook while keeping the jack boot pressed firmly on the throats of everyone who lives here.
View Quote

Your newsletter. I'd like to subscribe to it,
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Prepared to face the consequences or not, wouldn't you do everything in your power to beat the charges if you found yourself on the wrong side of a situation like this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't put myself in the situation to start with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#47]
CO's in CA are not LEO's.  Quite a few have found that out the hard way.  It is very easy for them to get CCW's but they do not have powers of arrest.

At least they didn't some years ago.  CA may have changed that since I last knew several CDC CO's.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It is exactly that kind of thinking that needs to be done away with.  Sure, I get on duty (as in, at work) cops having special powers to do their jobs. But if you ryake any person who is not exercising powers of office rather than powers of citizenship (aka, not performing in an official capacity at that moment), there should be no special snowflakes.  Period.  

And we need to have constitutional carry, not nationwide ccw permits.  Should not need a permit to exercise a right, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All men are created equal, and that's where it stops.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
FNJ
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

If CWPs were treated the same as a driver's license, it wouldn't be necessary, except to check where the gun-free zones are and if the 30:06 signs have the force of law.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top