User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As Davy once said:

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas!

Edit:

Damn...Tennesseans think alike.
View Quote

We can carpool / caravan it.

I'll bring Davy Crockett's china/dinnerware. It's all my family has left of his, other than being proud to be distant kin.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm heading to Idaho if they pull the plug. I've always wanted to do more elk hunting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There have been several modern secessions that were relatively bloodless. Take a look at all the territory the British gave up post WW II, look at eastern Europe.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

I for one can't wait to see dead children and foreign militaries on our soil.

Did the conversation suddenly shift to abortion and immigration?

Secession means war.

More precisely a civil war. Historically, countrymen show no mercy to other country men. If we had a civil war I'd expect mass terrorist attacks and UN peace keepers in our country. Those are a pretty much promised outcome. I don't believe we are at the stage to have to suffer through death and war to bring our country back.

That's just me though.

There have been several modern secessions that were relatively bloodless. Take a look at all the territory the British gave up post WW II, look at eastern Europe.....

The uprising in the Ukraine is going awesome.

The troubles in Ireland seemed like a swell time aswell.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am kin to Davy Crockett.

Texas, should it become the Republic of Texas again, is the only place I would consider moving. I'd miss Tennessee dearly, but Tennessee cannot possibly survive as an independent nation. Texas can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Texas, should it become the Republic of Texas again, is the only place I would consider moving. I'd miss Tennessee dearly, but Tennessee cannot possibly survive as an independent nation. Texas can.

Texas will welcome Tennesseans once more, we'll need some help driving out the tards in Austin and Houston.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Texas will welcome Tennesseans once more, we'll need some help driving out the tards in Austin and Houston.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My idea of "keeping it weird" is owning several roller delayed blowback firearms.

I'm even willing to call anything with meat, chili peppers, and beans "meat sauce" or "meat soup", so long as no one prohibits me from eating it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll bring Davy Crockett's china/dinnerware. It's all my family has left of his, other than being proud to be distant kin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As Davy once said:

Edit:

Road trip.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is no longer really a north vs. south thing. Some states are more consolidated than others, but pretty much any major city will have a majority of voters go democrat, regardless of state. This basically ensures that an actual fractured national identity wouldn't be solvable with a simple line of demarcation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.

This time WV defects south.

This is no longer really a north vs. south thing. Some states are more consolidated than others, but pretty much any major city will have a majority of voters go democrat, regardless of state. This basically ensures that an actual fractured national identity wouldn't be solvable with a simple line of demarcation.

This is true.

I've lived in five states for some good chunks of time.

It's amazing how diverse the populations are in the different locales, even sometimes from neighboring city to city.

This was the beauty of the System as Originally intended.  The Fed is strictly limited and the States were to choose their own destiny and how they ran things themselves.  The States were the experiments, not the USA.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
America is in a civil war, a Cold War but a war just the same
View Quote

You know, I've been a student of history....and any officer in the Army can tell you about the "big blue book" (required Military History text)....but truth be told, I'm not exactly sure how long the "build up" or Cold War existed before the first actual shots were fired in the Civil War.

Interesting. I'd be curious to know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Road trip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As Davy once said:

Edit:

Road trip.

Texas, if bolstered by a fresh influx of Tennesseans, would be rather unstoppable.

If we set aside our usual differences (what can be put into something named 'chili' and what meat to make 'bbq' out of), our two states are inseparably tied together through history and kindred souls.

Damned Arkansas for standing between us. That state is like the fucking control rods in a nuclear reactor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

More people every day are coming to this conclusion. Love him, hate him, whatever....the support Trump is getting is from people who have said, "Fuck it, it's NOT WORKING anymore". That's the first step.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More people every day are coming to this conclusion. Love him, hate him, whatever....the support Trump is getting is from people who have said, "Fuck it, it's NOT WORKING anymore". That's the first step.....

No, a lot of the support is from people who have the same intellectual quotient as people who supported "hope and change"

Trump is a huckster and a liar. I really don't care however because he's exposing the establishment players and it really doesn't matter who is sitting in the "Captains chair" of the Titanic. A king or court Jester.....the ship is going down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My idea of "keeping it weird" is owning several roller delayed blowback firearms.

I'm even willing to call anything with meat, chili peppers, and beans "meat sauce" or "meat soup", so long as no one prohibits me from eating it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be just fine here then
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Do not worry as we will be hear for your pity party once Texas goes the way of so many other states that are controlled by their
liberal cities.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Road trip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As Davy once said:

Edit:

Road trip.

I call shotgun!  Dibs!
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]
This is an interesting thread. And for all the guys down south, don't think that just because a person is from a northern state means that he backs the status quo. The lines of division would be very different this time around, I think.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Very useful for some of us who are tired of having our lives run by New York, California and Illinois. When was the last time you bought a fucking gas can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.

Very useful for the people in charge.

Very useful for some of us who are tired of having our lives run by New York, California and Illinois. When was the last time you bought a fucking gas can?

Just an FYI - Illinois is tired of being run by Chicago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
This country could be split 7 ways, literally.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
First post does not provide a discussion on what the OP is thinking.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Help our friends in Illinois by removing the malignant tumor known as "Chicago". Any city or town that likes to be known as "weird" or "progressive" gets walled off and put under siege.
View Quote

You will be greeted as a hero, and will be rewarded with 12 lb pizza pies and 212 lb women.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You will be greeted as a hero, and will be rewarded with 12 lb pizza pies and 212 lb women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Help our friends in Illinois by removing the malignant tumor known as "Chicago". Any city or town that likes to be known as "weird" or "progressive" gets walled off and put under siege.

The pizza sounds good, but can we take a Solomon approach to the women?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.
View Quote

Naw, man - Virtual States are the answer.

Everyone still shares the same physical territory, but is only subject to the laws which agree with his/her particular beliefs.

If you hold liberal beliefs, you get taxed for just about everything - socialized medicine, welfare, environmental and economic justice, free college education, etc., etc.

If you hold conservative beliefs, you get taxed for paving our roads and defending our borders - and not much of anything else.

If you hold liberal beliefs, uttering hate-speech or shooting a home invader results in felony prison time.

If you hold conservative beliefs, exercising your 1st or 2nd amendment rights is merely a cause for celebration.

If you hold liberal beliefs, your credit card gets billed $9 for a Quarter-Pounder With Cheese, because that's what it costs when you include a "fair working wage" for every McDonald's employee who touches your burger.

If you hold conservative beliefs, your credit card gets billed $3.95  for a Quarter-Pounder With Cheese, because that's what it costs when every McDonald's employee is discouraged from regarding their job as anything other than a stepping stone to a higher-paying job.

The idea of forging governmental consensus - and forcing every citizen to comply with that consensus - is a throwback to the days when we had no practical means to accommodate dissenting beliefs. Technology is changing all of that.

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.
Agreed.

Either way America is done. One route is more painful and longer lasting than the other.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#24]
The Haves and the Takes
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This shit isn't that serious! Not to me anyway!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.

Very useful for the people in charge.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person. My bad. No offense intended. Correcting.

This shit isn't that serious! Not to me anyway!

What's that supposed to mean?

Reported!

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Secession more ammo is the answer.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If everyone would just move to their respective states it would be ok.....

Just designate red and blue states. Give a tax break for 5 years for moving costs and then see where it lays.

Let the blue states become cesspools and red states flourish with defensible state borders to keep out the riff raff.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.   Psywar is still war by other means.  No telling if/when it would go hot such as terrible economic situations, but the direction we are heading in is not something to help muster any confidence.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Were they in here?   Greasemonkey makes everything better, even the quotes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever notice how ignoring certain libtard, fucks just makes the thread SO MUCH better to read?

Were they in here?   Greasemonkey makes everything better, even the quotes.

Like mr_smiley
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Everyone still shares the same physical territory, but is only subject to the laws which agree with his/her particular beliefs.

If you hold liberal beliefs, you get taxed for just about everything - socialized medicine, welfare, environmental and economic justice, free college education, etc., etc.

If you hold conservative beliefs, you get taxed for paving our roads and defending our borders - and not much of anything else.

If you hold liberal beliefs, uttering hate-speech or shooting a home invader results in felony prison time.

If you hold conservative beliefs, exercising your 1st or 2nd amendment rights is merely a cause for celebration.

If you hold liberal beliefs, your credit card gets billed $9 for a Quarter-Pounder With Cheese, because that's what it costs when you include a "fair working wage" for every McDonald's employee who touches your burger.

If you hold conservative beliefs, your credit card gets billed $3.95  for a Quarter-Pounder With Cheese, because that's what it costs when every McDonald's employee is discouraged from regarding their job as anything other than a stepping stone to a higher-paying job.

The idea of forging governmental consensus - and forcing every citizen to comply with that consensus - is a throwback to the days when we had no practical means to accommodate dissenting beliefs. Technology is changing all of that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.

That would be AWESOME.  Too bad accountability is racist. But yes the red states would have ultra low crime and become the seats of power.  While blue states would soon devolve into tribal warfare and lord of the flies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Last night was a real nail biter for me. Never in my life have I so closely watched a presidential primary like I have this one. Got pretty bummed out knowing that fla and ohio were the big ones to win, just to see them disagree. HOWEVER..... after seeing this little graphic I'm much happier. I don't want us to go into a brokered convention, and these numbers suggest, even despite ohios decision, that the numbers look pretty solid for our front runner. I like trump, but if it were any of the others in his place I'd still want to see us solidly  behind them, and these numbers show we are for the most part. Whether its cruz, rubio, kaisch or trump, supporting the frontrunner [that voters have chosen] is the only way we can win this damn thing. Im tired of losing to those liberal faggots!

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.
View Quote

No, the answer is to re-remove the franchise from wards of state.  How this error was ever allowed to pass is beyond me.  Fix this, and many of the other problems will also be fixable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#35]
FL and OH are THE 2 states that matter?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
FL and OH are THE 2 states that matter?
View Quote

Last night they did. Fla has 99 deligates, ohio has 66, winner takes all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.
View Quote

No it isn't. Christ, did your mother have any children that lived?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah.... we're still going to need more than your word and your pretty state.

Had WV made the right decision last time around things might have ended differently. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This time WV defects south.

You're going to have to pacify DC to prove your loyalty.

I'm with Undefined on this one... gonna have to earn it.

We supply their electricity while also sending all of the emissions down wind to them, and we dump stuff in their water supply constantly . CSX and other train companies in the area send their train cars to us to remove the graffiti since the chemical is banned in MD and I think VA. Maybe we are somewhat to blame for the weird in DC

Oh and our other three redeeming qualities, we have a beautiful state, lots of natural resources and we have constitutional carry.

Yeah.... we're still going to need more than your word and your pretty state.

Had WV made the right decision last time around things might have ended differently. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

If Lee hadn't lost the battles of Western Virginia early in the war, The Western part of Virginia would never had been able to break away.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Even the two states that make the difference (Fla, Ohio) are split
View Quote

That's sort of like saying the participants in a mugging are split.

No shit.  Of course they are.    Why should we care?

The issues here are pretty simple.    We work, and we have shit.   The opposition's leadership wants to make a job out of promising varying amounts of our shit - taken by threat of violence - to their voters, who in turn want to not work or treat work as optional, but still have all the shit we have.   The amount of shit they want to take is becoming increasingly intolerable.

No lasting peace can come from that.   All this talk about countrymen being vicious to each other - fuck that, a lot of these people aren't my "countrymen".
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Foreign militaries have capitals...full of politicians....most of whom don't much like the idea of glowing in the dark for the next 5000 years.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.
Agreed.

Foreign militaries have capitals...full of politicians....most of whom don't much like the idea of glowing in the dark for the next 5000 years.....

Reality

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There have been several modern secessions that were relatively bloodless. Take a look at all the territory the British gave up post WW II, look at eastern Europe.....If Scotlands referendum had gone the other way, was the rest of the UK going to war? Not likely.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secession is the answer.
Agreed.

Did the conversation suddenly shift to abortion and immigration?

Secession means war.

More precisely a civil war. Historically, countrymen show no mercy to other country men. If we had a civil war I'd expect mass terrorist attacks and UN peace keepers in our country. Those are a pretty much promised outcome. I don't believe we are at the stage to have to suffer through death and war to bring our country back.

That's just me though.

There have been several modern secessions that were relatively bloodless. Take a look at all the territory the British gave up post WW II, look at eastern Europe.....If Scotlands referendum had gone the other way, was the rest of the UK going to war? Not likely.....

Take a look at Czechoslovakia, which is now Slovakia (south) and the Czech Republic (north).

There is some small animosity on both sides, but it was peaceful. They still get along, and they function as business and trade partners.

If they can do it, we can do it.

It does not have to come to violence.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Out of chaos...order
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top