Site Notices
Page / 3131
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WIC:
i wish we had more taco johns around here
View Quote

Last time I had Taco Johns was in Colorado. I was excited to eat there because they serve tater tots and you can get nacho sauce. Their tacos are underwhelming in a taco bell sort of way, but it's not every day you can get fast food tater tots and dip them in nacho cheese sauce. So I was excited to get eat there for the tots, I bought some long forgotten taco and a large tater tots with nacho cheese sauce. I drove back to my hotel, went inside, turned on the A/C and HBO, kicked back on the couch, and popped the a tater tot in my mouth...

SALT.

Lots of salt.

Tons of salt.

Enough salt to turn a lake into the ocean.

I'm willing to give them a try again but the last experience was not pleasant.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 80085:

Is that a Dr Death but not a shiro?

Food looks edible, not my visual preference on the spring roll but I'd eat it.
View Quote

Yes, mine came from Hawaii not Russia.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Last time I had Taco Johns was in Colorado. I was excited to eat there because they serve tater tots and you can get nacho sauce. Their tacos are underwhelming in a taco bell sort of way, but it's not every day you can get fast food tater tots and dip them in nacho cheese sauce. So I was excited to get eat there for the tots, I bought some long forgotten taco and a large tater tots with nacho cheese sauce. I drove back to my hotel, went inside, turned on the A/C and HBO, kicked back on the couch, and popped the a tater tot in my mouth...

SALT.

Lots of salt.

Tons of salt.

View Quote

Sounds like a one off, they're usually dangerously tasty.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#4]

640 students is my guess.
View Quote

I think he does first year mass classes, 600 at a time, and they don't give him TAs to grade, so let's go with a cool 18,486.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#5]

SALT.

Lots of salt.

Tons of salt.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Do you remember what the cost was on the food? I'm disappointed in the slaw and bean portions being so tiny. In fact meat portion is looking slim also, but understandable for a lunch.

I am perplexed why, what I assume is a BBQ place, has a bottle of ketchup and mustard on the table. People are dipping their brisket and ribs in ketchup?
View Quote

Why yes, yes I do. Because it cost too much for such crappy food.

$16.95 for the main plate, hot links sausage was + $3.95, beer was $8

It was dinner, not lunch.

The brisket pile was a decent size and quality, but it came out with BBQ already on it. The BBQ sauce too hot and lacked flavor, rather it took away from the food.

Beans were meh. Jicama slaw was meh. Hot link was meh to bad.

Frankly the fries were the best thing on that tray, and I am not a potato fan.

The ketchup and mustard was there before we ordered. It is a general uninspired restaurant.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#7]

SALT.

Lots of salt.

Tons of salt.

View Quote

unfortunate. their thing on their Potato Olés is MSG, not salt, so you got hosed.  Get the Super Potato Olés.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Do you remember what the cost was on the food? I'm disappointed in the slaw and bean portions being so tiny. In fact meat portion is looking slim also, but understandable for a lunch.

I am perplexed why, what I assume is a BBQ place, has a bottle of ketchup and mustard on the table. People are dipping their brisket and ribs in ketchup?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/AW84TcI.jpg

Fries?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Ketchup for the fries, mustard for the sausage?
View All Quotes

Ketchup for the fries, mustard for the sausage?

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Posted a lot of grades. Whatever you think is a lot, multiply it by five, then make a guess, and I bet you're still short. Now I get a lot of days off. You can probably multiply that thought by five too.

First time with prescription sunglasses, or any distance glasses. My prescription is pretty mild and I'm fully functional for reading signs & driving or whatever, but it is like living in a 360p world. Polarized transitions from an online source - not near as nice as the Serengeti lenses at all, but I think the prescription makes up for it slightly.

I kept looking around but this is really the only clip out there that fits to where I want it and it just seems like the right one for the knife to me. I was on the fence because WIC has aversions to them and I'm sure they're well founded, but I wasn't given any details and at least they probably have an employee working there somewhere that isn't a dick and needs a job in the USA.

https://i.imgur.com/oIyFmNP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P6Znm7v.jpg

View Quote

I'm not saying they are bad people, but I have heard they fuck goats. So you do what you need to do, but I'll give my business to the non animal molesters.
View Quote

Who made it?  LynchNW doesn't make one?  I stopped in and chatted with them yesterday after work. They showed me around the shop and let me fondle some of their products (including their "exclusive" GM ace biblio XL with CF/magnacut. It was pretty sweet) I was too busy checking stuff out to remember to ask about a better clip for my live wire. Lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Looks like your egg roll is made of tape.
View Quote

I was going to say it looked like it had Grandmas couch cover on it
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Posted a lot of grades. Whatever you think is a lot, multiply it by five, then make a guess, and I bet you're still short. Now I get a lot of days off. You can probably multiply that thought by five too.

First time with prescription sunglasses, or any distance glasses. My prescription is pretty mild and I'm fully functional for reading signs & driving or whatever, but it is like living in a 360p world. Polarized transitions from an online source - not near as nice as the Serengeti lenses at all, but I think the prescription makes up for it slightly.

I kept looking around but this is really the only clip out there that fits to where I want it and it just seems like the right one for the knife to me. I was on the fence because WIC has aversions to them and I'm sure they're well founded, but I wasn't given any details and at least they probably have an employee working there somewhere that isn't a dick and needs a job in the USA.

View Quote

I was going to post about if everyone was still liking theri Swaybacks, and there it is

Blue clip for the win
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

350 for just this semester, >500 for the year. I'll be at 650 for next year though
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#14]

I think he does first year mass classes, 600 at a time, and they don't give him TAs to grade, so let's go with a cool 18,486.
View All Quotes

We aren't an online factory.

I do first, second, and fourth year classes.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Who made it?  LynchNW doesn't make one?  I stopped in and chatted with them yesterday after work. They showed me around the shop and let me fondle some of their products (including their "exclusive" GM ace biblio XL with CF/magnacut. It was pretty sweet) I was too busy checking stuff out to remember to ask about a better clip for my live wire. Lol
View All Quotes

I'm not saying they are bad people, but I have heard they fuck goats. So you do what you need to do, but I'll give my business to the non animal molesters.

It is MX Gear. I looked high and low for any other option. This one doesn't hang off the end.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#16]
It is MX Gear. I looked high and low for any other option. This one doesn't hang off the end.
View Quote

Yea, Ive got the Lynch and it hangs over, but it sits nice in my pocket and carries well, so I dont mind it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Yea, Ive got the Lynch and it hangs over, but it sits nice in my pocket and carries well, so I dont mind it.
View All Quotes

Does yours seat perfectly flush? Looking at mine this morning, one side under the screw is slightly lifted due to the curve of the scale. I may take a file to the underside to round it a little, or maybe try to bend it, or just ignore it (you have to really be looking for it).

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

That's the thing that stopped me from getting one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Flat trigger fiber Friday

Found a p365 night sight tac pack with 4 mags and the shittiest holster imaginable for $409. It arrived about a week and a half ago.

Used a 11% off coupon at optics planet for the WC grip frame and the sig flat trigger. Free shipping! Both back ordered.

Both items shipped from optics planet 3 days later. Dodged the optics planet curse and saved some money.

The curved trigger felt like a gravel road. This flat trigger isn’t great but it’s so much better for whatever reason.

https://i.imgur.com/MAybC9N.jpeg
View Quote

It does look better as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#20]

That’s exactly why I wanted one.

I have great memories of bringing in my bookits for feee personal pans and eating under those cool lamps.

Now restaurants look like a cubicle farm office building with no soul.
View Quote

Yes!

Bookit pizza parties were the best.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#21]
https://i.imgur.com/Ey1OXXK.jpg
View Quote

Solid usage
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Food truck Friday. The Thai one is back. This dish (pad kra prao (spelling maybe?)) was much better than the drunken noodles were last time, which had too much fish sauce.

And we always have to get the fresh rolls. These have both cilantro and mint, which is a bit different than what I'm used to. And they serve them with peanut sauce for dipping, not sweet chili sauce, which is also atypical, at least in my experience. Still super yummy though.

https://i.imgur.com/GPyXBM3.jpeg
View Quote

Cilantro and mint does occur as does the peanut sauce, maybe a regional thing?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

business opportunity?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Cilantro and mint does occur as does the peanut sauce, maybe a regional thing?
View Quote

I guess. That's why I didn't say it was "wrong" since I don't know what is "correct" or if both ways are, it's just not what I'm used to at the other places we've gotten them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#26]
https://i.imgur.com/e7wB5If.jpeg
View Quote

Gross.

And if that's from Kwik trip, their pizza sucks anyway.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Gas station pizza?

business opportunity?
View Quote

I don't think I have anything to offer them. They did mention that they were open to doing machine work for others though because their mills and water jet sit idle more often than they'd like.

I might look into getting some blanks cut out there.
I have a friend who really wants me to make him a set of steak knives and I don't feel right about how much I'd have to charge for them if I made them the way I normally make knives, so I've been trying to think of a way that I can get the time I spend reduced to a level that's more reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Gross.

And if that's from Kwik trip, their pizza sucks anyway.
View Quote

Yes, Kwik Trip. New item from them, it is delish.

But that wasn't for me, the kids wanted it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Maxamet works fine. I don't think I would have better performance from any of those steels.

The extra shenanigans aren't unique to pizza hut.

Me too. I want to build a "farmer" alox with scissors instead of the main blade.
View Quote

That would get a lot of use.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Gas station pizza?

I don't think I have anything to offer them. They did mention that they were open to doing machine work for others though because their mills and water jet sit idle more often than they'd like.

I might look into getting some blanks cut out there.
I have a friend who really wants me to make him a set of steak knives and I don't feel right about how much I'd have to charge for them if I made them the way I normally make knives, so I've been trying to think of a way that I can get the time I spend reduced to a level that's more reasonable.
View Quote

Gas station pizza.

I was thinking, they do knife stuff, you do knife stuff, you could do a joint venture to use their services/channels for your work, especially if you did SAK modding. Or maybe they need a cool operator to assist them when demand is high.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Hey, yo! We heard you like carbs, so we put some carbs on your carbs!!

(I'd eat that for sure though)
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Gas station pizza.

I was thinking, they do knife stuff, you do knife stuff, you could do a joint venture to use their services/channels for your work, especially if you did SAK modding. Or maybe they need a cool operator to assist them when demand is high.
View Quote

I'd give Kwik trip pizza a try. The kids still talk about Kwik trip and how it's the best gas station chain we've been to. Lol.

I didn't mention that I made knives, just that I worked for the machine dealer down the road.

I'm not sure I have anything to really offer them when they have relationships with real knife designers. Lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#34]
you'll never know what synergies there may be if you don't throw some feelers out

fortune favors the bold
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#40]
you'll never know what synergies there may be if you don't throw some feelers out

fortune favors the bold
View Quote

This is all true. Maybe we'll have some discussions about things if I decide to go talk to them about having them water jet some knives.

Lord knows I'd love to get away from the work I'm doing now. Lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Maybe my favorite Troegs...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#45]
https://i.imgur.com/orrYlRL.jpg
View Quote

Life's a beach.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#46]
LOL, my people.
View Quote

Hot cow yoga.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Hot cow yoga.
View Quote

Background looks like Inishmoar.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Life's a beach.
View Quote

Amsterdam in the background. Very international day for us.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Chorin' before work.
Page / 3131
Top Top