Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.snopes.com/stephanie-cegielski-letter-trump/

While Cegielski's official title may be unclear, it's certain that labeling Cegielski "Trump's top campaign strategist" is incorrect. Cegielski worked for a super PAC (which, despite the name, is not legally recognized as a political action committee and by law cannot contribute directly to or coordinate with a political campaign, although they can use raised funds to campaign independently) and not for Donald Trump's presidential campaign:

Technically known as independent expenditure-only committees, super PACs may raise unlimited sums of money from corporations, unions, associations and individuals, then spend unlimited sums to overtly advocate for or against political candidates. Unlike traditional PACs, super PACs are prohibited from donating money directly to political candidates, and their spending must not be coordinated with that of the candidates they benefit.

Hope Hicks, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign, told Yahoo News that Cegielski was never employed by Donald Trump's presidential campaign:

Evidently she worked for a Super PAC which Mr. Trump disavowed and requested the closure of via the FEC.

The "Make America Great Again" super PAC went dark as of October 2015 amid ongoing scrutiny of where the money was coming from and going to, and whether the committee had direct ties to the Trump campaign.

Last updated: 29 March 2016

Originally published: 29 March 2016
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Better tell Politico, they wrote a story including her...

That was from Snopes. Here is an interesting factoid. Spokesperson is often used by reporters as a generic identifier for any communications position. How do I know? I was a vice president of communications for a major telecom, and was often quoted by reporters as a "spokesman."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not true. Another attention seeker looking for their 15 minutes of fame. If she were that close to Trump she would have signed an NDA

The whole story reeks of made up BS

Better tell Politico, they wrote a story including her...

Cegielski was identified as a "spokeswoman" for the super PAC in an August 2015 article published in Politico, and Cegielski called herself a "consultant" on her LinkedIn profile:

That was from Snopes. Here is an interesting factoid. Spokesperson is often used by reporters as a generic identifier for any communications position. How do I know? I was a vice president of communications for a major telecom, and was often quoted by reporters as a "spokesman."

Interesting. You were interviewed by reporters? Did you make a lot of political connections during your time there?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

While Cegielski's official title may be unclear, it's certain that labeling Cegielski "Trump's top campaign strategist" is incorrect. Cegielski worked for a super PAC (which, despite the name, is not legally recognized as a political action committee and by law cannot contribute directly to or coordinate with a political campaign, although they can use raised funds to campaign independently) and not for Donald Trump's presidential campaign:

Technically known as independent expenditure-only committees, super PACs may raise unlimited sums of money from corporations, unions, associations and individuals, then spend unlimited sums to overtly advocate for or against political candidates. Unlike traditional PACs, super PACs are prohibited from donating money directly to political candidates, and their spending must not be coordinated with that of the candidates they benefit.

Hope Hicks, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign, told Yahoo News that Cegielski was never employed by Donald Trump's presidential campaign:

Evidently she worked for a Super PAC which Mr. Trump disavowed and requested the closure of via the FEC.

The "Make America Great Again" super PAC went dark as of October 2015 amid ongoing scrutiny of where the money was coming from and going to, and whether the committee had direct ties to the Trump campaign.

The moment OP tries to sound tough, and gets cut off at the knees by snopes, which is as many know, left leaning.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The moment OP tries to sound tough, and gets cut off at the knees by snopes, which is as many know, left leaning.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is Trump, they are his people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She gets no sympathy from me. I knew he wasn't serious and a narcissistic clown from the beginning.
View Quote

Exactly, go,search the archives because this is exactly what I said a LONG time ago.

I don't like trump. I think he'll make a crappy POTUS. But I supported his run, because I was sick of the GOPe
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]

While I think that is bullshit, I find it to be very clever. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to save that one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

While I think that is bullshit, I find it to be very clever. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to save that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure why the democratic hand has an Nvidia looking cuff link though.  
Maybe an illuminati eye of Horus symbol or something.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Snopes only said the title of the article was wrong. It didn't say anything in the article was incorrect.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Snopes only said the title of the article was wrong. It didn't say anything in the article was incorrect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Except for the incorrect parts it cites.

Maybe you should look at the title of the snopes article.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All hope is not lost for her, Lyin' Ted will still fuck her.
View Quote

You're such a class act.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh yea, she's so angry and so wants to change Washington that she signed onto a campaign hoping for second place while handing a win to the same people she claims to detest.

Bullshit. Total bullshit.

This piece of drivel makes me want to vote for him even more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh yea, she's so angry and so wants to change Washington that she signed onto a campaign hoping for second place while handing a win to the same people she claims to detest.

View Quote

Well of course she was a GOPe plant from the get go.  Right?

All hail the Orange Messiah!

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:21:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a Cruz supporter but I just don't buy her story.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is exactly what many of us were saying about Trump's intentions when he started and jives exactly with his past flirtations with running for President.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:27:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is exactly what many of us were saying about Trump's intentions when he started and jives exactly with his past flirtations with running for President.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just have a hard time believing that guy would go into it without fully intending to see it through simply due to his personality. Even if what she says is true how would it have been (sticking it to the establishment)? Losing is losing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you're saying that, even though it appears that she made a bunch of stuff up to try to sound important and get attention, that it's exactly what many of you were saying?

Guess I could agree with that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:30:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I just have a hard time believing that guy would go into it without fully intending to see it through simply due to his personality. Even if what she says is true how would it have been (sticking it to the establishment)? Losing is losing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize that Trump has talked about/ sort of run for President several times since the late 1980s, right?

He intended to get his brand out there once again with another "Presidential run".  Only this time the rubes bought it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:40:57 AM EDT
[#20]
So Trump actually had the FEC shut these fuckers down because they were doing shady shit with money, and the disgusting and dishonest Cruzealots try to make it look like Trump is a bad guy when their POS Cruz is the one who forgot where his money came from and how Fiorina ended up with $500k. Do we have to go back and check every post made by the Cruzealots? This is exactly why I don't mind being told I'm uneducated by a Cruzealot, they're all fucking liars, and I'd rather be uneducated and honest than some POS desperate liar who is becoming more unhinged with every passing thought of Trump destroying their gravy train. The sad part is they also claim to be the true Christians,  very sad bunch of hypocrites, and they wonder why Trump was supported by Carson while Cruz ended up with Glenn Beck.
This was obviously posted to manipulate and deceive because no one in their right mind could be this stupid, I hope not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:48:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So Trump actually had the FEC shut these fuckers down because they were doing shady shit with money, and the disgusting and dishonest Cruzealots try to make it look like Trump is a bad guy when their POS Cruz is the one who forgot where his money came from and how Fiorina ended up with $500k. Do we have to go back and check every post made by the Cruzealots? This is exactly why I don't mind being told I'm uneducated by a Cruzealot, they're all fucking liars, and I'd rather be uneducated and honest than some POS desperate liar who is becoming more unhinged with every passing thought of Trump destroying their gravy train. The sad part is they also claim to be the true Christians,  very sad bunch of hypocrites, and they wonder why Trump was supported by Carson while Cruz ended up with Glenn Beck. This was obviously posted to manipulate and deceive because no one in their right mind could be this stupid, I hope not.
View Quote

So an article from a former campaign worker for a pro-Trump PAC is Cruz's fault?

Fucking amazing.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:00:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post the incorrect parts it cites.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:00:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You do realize that Trump has talked about/ sort of run for President several times since the late 1980s, right?

He intended to get his brand out there once again with another "Presidential run".  Only this time the rubes bought it.

View Quote

I'm fully aware. I've seen the Oprah episode as well. I still don't buy it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:04:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So Trump actually had the FEC shut these fuckers down because they were doing shady shit with money, and the disgusting and dishonest Cruzealots try to make it look like Trump is a bad guy when their POS Cruz is the one who forgot where his money came from and how Fiorina ended up with $500k. Do we have to go back and check every post made by the Cruzealots? This is exactly why I don't mind being told I'm uneducated by a Cruzealot, they're all fucking liars, and I'd rather be uneducated and honest than some POS desperate liar who is becoming more unhinged with every passing thought of Trump destroying their gravy train. The sad part is they also claim to be the true Christians,  very sad bunch of hypocrites, and they wonder why Trump was supported by Carson while Cruz ended up with Glenn Beck. This was obviously posted to manipulate and deceive because no one in their right mind could be this stupid, I hope not.

View Quote

They shut the PAC down because ties with Trump were starting to show. Read my link at the top of the page.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#25]
So the Trump campaign requested the outfit she worked for be shut down....and shes out of a job....and shes mad
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So the Trump campaign requested the outfit she worked for be shut down....and shes out of a job....and shes mad
View Quote

They requested that that PAC be shut down because the FEC was about to hit them with charges of coordinating strategy with them, which is illegal.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? I read the article and I'm not getting a grade from you.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Hiram fooled by a frustrated vindictive Femi-Nazi hag

The stuff Arfcom DIVORCE THREADS are made from...

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the only thing it proved wrong was the title like I said earlier. You said there was more.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top