BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those that voted negative. Now imagine Al Gore as president after 9/11. We would have sued the terrorist for peace.
View Quote

Gore had already pushed anti-terror bills that went after gun owners. Imagine if a Gore administration pushed through the Patriot Act.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Doobya's legacy is perpetual war and Heimat Sicherheitsdienst.  Enjoy being groped at the airport peasant?
View Quote

Who's legacy?

War with Islam was coming anyway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought he was a good man who was motivated by love of country.  I still do.  And by comparison to his predecessor and successor, I thought he walked on water and shit ice cream.
View Quote

I was born in '63. I count him as the second best POTUS of my lifetime. I rate him higher than:

Obama
Clinton
His father H. W.
Carter
Ford
Nixon
LBJ
JFK
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]

I've always felt that the worst mistake that George Bush ever made was trading Sammy Sosa ! ! !

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm not sure starting two wars, growing the size and scope of federal government, while simultaneously lowering taxes is fiscally conservative.   Also seems odd to leave the borders wide open and create programs to spy on actual American citizens.

Atleast he didn't pass Amnesty like the other great conservative.

View Quote
He didn't "start 2 wars", we were attacked. And we weren't attacked again until he was out of office.

The "weapons of mass destruction" was perfectly fine when the dems said it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

The replies in this thread prove that not only does the media now pick the president, it tells us how we must feel about other presidents.

Comparing the Bush debt to the Obama debt is just silly. Plus all the other crap that's too long to make a list of.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Invade SA? That makes no sense.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Medicare part d, TSA, patriot act, Iraq instead of house of Saud. We didn't get an AWB renewal so we got that going for us.

The 911 attackers were Saudi, so it kind of does.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Republicans or Democrats they are both the establishment of the same parties. It just boils down to of the lesser evil.
View Quote

No.

Bush was a center right Republican who was almost exactly where the American middle was politically when he was POTUS. His agenda was what America wanted.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was born in '63. I count him as the second best POTUS of my lifetime. I rate him higher than:

Obama

Clinton

His father H. W.

Carter

Ford

Nixon

LBJ

JFK
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought he was a good man who was motivated by love of country.  I still do.  And by comparison to his predecessor and successor, I thought he walked on water and shit ice cream.

Obama

Clinton

His father H. W.

Carter

Ford

Nixon

LBJ

JFK
I concur with that. Although JFK would be considered an extreme right winger by todays standards.

If the web were around LBJ would rival, if not surpass Obama as the worst.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He didn't "start 2 wars", we were attacked. And we weren't attacked again until he was out of office.  

The replies in this thread prove that not only does the media now pick the president, it tells us how we must feel about other presidents.

Comparing the Bush debt to the Obama debt is just silly. Plus all the other crap that's too long to make a list of.
View Quote

We are going to be at war with Islam no matter what, and the weak policies of Clinton and Obama drive it more than Bush's wars.

Likewise the debt is going to increase. America simply has no political will to reduce the debt. The increase will get higher as we go forward. Obama was going to have higher debt than Bush, or whoever was POTUS after Bush. Obama had more than he should have due to bad policies, but balanced budgets were not on the table.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Medicare part d, TSA, patriot act, Iraq instead of house of Saud. We didn't get an AWB renewal so we got that going for us.

They did not attack us as SA nationals but as good Muslims.

Bush's error was thinking that bringing freedom to Iraq would put them on the right track. He failed to grasp the significance of the cultural and religious differences.

Nevertheless attacking SA makes no sense. Certainly not in the context of the ME with actors like Saddam's Iraq and Iran. Regime change in SA would result in a very nasty situation there.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I concur with that. Although JFK would be considered an extreme right winger by todays standards.  

If the web were around LBJ would rival, if not surpass Obama as the worst.
View Quote

Nixon and JFK had an almost identical agenda. They were both anti-communist moderate progressives.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked him because he didn't seem to waffle on his decisions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#13]
On the aggregate, yes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Which had precisely WHAT to do with Bush?

Nick

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]
387 to 387, I find it comical
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I knew the war in Iraq was lost within about a week when they were saying that we wouldn't pursue their militias into "holy sites".

I liked the idea of him more than the real him in the end.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I liked W.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I feel like I wandered into DU.  
I guess if you repeat something long enough people believe it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a lot of you lack context.

Yes.

I also think a lot of these guys failed high school govt.

DU is no more or less Derpville than arfcom GD

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the great thing about the D's and R's having cult like followers-excuses/justifications for everything.

Bush expanded the size and spending of government,contrary to what the Republican party supposedly stands for.But hey,it's OK because he's a Republican.

Passed the "Patriot" Act which the D side was ranting and raving against and were going to get rid of it when they gained power.Of course they gained power and what did they do?

It's a big Kabuki Theater and we can count on bigger government and more spending no matter which side is in power.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I voted no for the reasons you stated, OP. Also, American lives for oil.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a lot of you lack context.

Yes.
I also think a lot of these guys failed high school govt.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/Legislation/Vetoes/BushGW.htm

His legacy may have been less tainted if he refused to sign bills that irrepably damaged this country.

But, sure...this is DU.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:16:07 AM EDT
[#22]
A mixed bag for sure. But no doubt he had the country's best interests in mind unlike zero.

I wonder what his presidency would have been like if Sept 11 had not happened.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#23]
The first couple of years, yes. I liked W and still think he was the leader America needed at the time.

The remainder of his first term and whole second term, no. He showed himself to be the RINO (sorry, "compassionate conservative") that he is.

It was with the advantage of hindsight that I know this now... i was pretty on board with him through his two terms.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Comparing the Bush debt to the Obama debt is just silly.

View Quote

So going deep into debt for an African big game hunt is okay, but going deep into debt to travel to famous golf courses isn't?

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not really.   I dont think he hates america the way obama does, but some of the shit we got under him just pushed the government that much father up our asses.

View Quote

+1

He was the lesser of two evils.  We got Medicare Part D to help his 2004 re-election.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#26]
No, he sucked as POTUS but I think he's a good person
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I have a favorable opinion of the man, but not his presidency, policies or appointments.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a favorable opinion of the man, but not his presidency, policies or appointments.

This.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#29]
As a kid during his presidency, yes.

Nowadays, meh.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A mixed bag for sure. But no doubt he had the country's best interests in mind unlike zero.

View Quote

I guess if enough people keep repeating that it will become the truth.............
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bush expanded the size and spending of government,contrary to what the Republican party supposedly stands for.But hey,it's OK because he's a Republican.

View Quote

You simply don't understand.

When Republicans spend money and increase the debt, it is for goods and services which are critically needed for the survival of the nation and the people.

When Democrats spend money and increase the debt the money is pissed away due to waste, fraud and abuse ... unless the Republicans in Congress participated in the process, in which case it is impolite to even mention growing Federal expenditures and mounting debt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#32]
The first 6 or so years, yep.

He didn't exactly finish strong though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I voted yes.  51/49 though.  He brought us through 9/11 well.  Part D Medicare and the TSA are down votes though.  

No president is perfect.  He at least had the adults in charge.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So going deep into debt for an African big game hunt is okay, but going deep into debt to travel to famous golf courses isn't?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Comparing the Bush debt to the Obama debt is just silly.

Not sure if sarcasm. I hope so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#35]
It's all about the feels for ARFcom when it comes to GWB.  

"well gosh, our economy tanked, we got involved in a retardedly stupid war, and our federal government grew in both size and power like it hasn't in decades, but I dunno, he was just such a likable guy, you know..."

Such a crock of shit.  I adore that people actually fell for his "trimming brush at the ranch" persona.  Hook line and sinker.  Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I think his first term was great, don't know what happened in the second term, but not so great...

I didn't like how he never defended himself or hit back against the Dems...I understand his reasoning, and think he shows himself a better man than most that occupied the office, but I wish he would have stood up against them a bit more...

But I do think he was a good man, and loved his country, and tried to do good things for it, unlike the shitbag who currently sits in the White House....
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#37]
He pushed the pendulum towards a more powerful government.

I don't look past somebody's horrific mistakes just because they seem like they'd be a cool person to have a beer with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I supported the military moves he made at the time.  In hindsight, why go into anything without a workable exit strategy?  The mess that was left behind has made the world a worse place.  The power vacuum that resulted has not worked out well.  The people in that part of the world are not like us, don't think the way we do and can't be trusted.  His spending is the next issue that concerns me in hindsight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I like GWB the man, his Presidency left something to be desired. I think he meant well, and did his best for America.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

People forget there was a lot of disappointment in W prior to 9/11. If it wasn't for the rallying around the flag that happened I believe W would have been a one-term president.

Then there was the forced resignation of sectreas O'niel for disagreeing with "deficits don't matter", the nomination of Ben Bernanke based on his essay on QE/bailouts, medicare part D, and the whole Iraq thing...all first term. The second term was when people started getting fed up with him but the groundwork was being laid from day one.

People argue about the WMD lies and chemical weapons and the Dems believing it and whatnot but the bottom line is the evidence of a credible threat they presented publicly to build support for Iraq was known to be false when they presented it. That's a pretty serious thing IMO, hard to ignore.

Charismatic guy, I think his biggest problem is he surrounded himself with people who had an agenda he didn't fully understand, and who never adapted to the reality of the post cold war. I think a telling moment was when he told European leaders the Iraq war was the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, obviously somebody was pushing that line to him, in pursuit of the PNAC agenda that he didn't seem to personally be all that invested in.

Bottom line is he managed to derail the ascendant conservative revolution that elected him, fracture the conservative coalition, which remains broken, and handed the nation to Obama on a silver platter.

There isn't a lot of difference in the favorability of my opinion between any of the administrations since Reagan, but W is in contention for the worst, since Obama is part of his legacy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Aspects of it, yes.  Other aspects, no.  

He wasn't the worst thing to ever happen to the country.
View Quote

This.  Don't like the PATRIOT Act or the monolithic Homeland Security Korps (Heimat Sicherheitsdienst ) but they came about because a gaggle of RoPer goatfucking scum murdered 3,000 Americans, for fuck's sake.  I can't believe some of you maroons have forgotten that.

He struck back at the shitbirds which is a fuck of a lot more than I can say for Slick Willy or FBHO, he started the hunt for FBHO's idol Osama, he crushed the Taliban and drove them into the mountains, and he took out Hussein.  I wasn't in favor of OIF (I thought we could have co-opted Hussein) but thought his plans for creating a democracy in Iraq had the possibility of working.  Until he took his eyes off the ball and lost it, then it was just a disaster saved only by the courage and brilliance of our .mil and McCain's surge.

He loves vets and looks out for them in every way.

His wife didn't have a penis and was, in fact, a MILF. And his daughters are hot.

Plus, he wore real jeans and not mom jeans.  And I don't think I ever saw a pic of him wearing a retard helmet while riding his horse.

Overall, I like Bush and think he did a pretty good job as a wartime consigliore with a few pretty big hiccups.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#42]
As much as TSA and the Patriot Act sucked....

I don't think there has been a halfway serious presidential candidate in the last 50 years that wouldn't have advocated for it (or something even worse) after the 9/11 attacks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#43]
It was much better than an Al Gore presidency. He would have flopped over after 9/11, we'd STILL have all the patriot act and TSA bullshit, and tack on Cap and Tax and other global warming bullshit.

Saddam would still be torturing people, OBL would have pulled off a bigger stunt, etc.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Medicare Part D.

Fuck 'im.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Fuck him, fuck his father, and definitely fuck his fucking brother.
View Quote

W and the old man have made the dumbest decisions in the history of this country.

Everything in this world that is fucked up is their fault.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought the 1st term was alright.....2nd term He really screwed the pooch
and that wiped out any good he might have done.

Hell, he if said we cannot afford more gov't then started Homeland Security.

Just look at the monstrosity that has turned into.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It was much better than an Al Gore presidency. He would have flopped over after 9/11, we'd STILL have all the patriot act and TSA bullshit, and tack on Cap and Tax and other global warming bullshit.

Saddam would still be torturing people, OBL would have pulled off a bigger stunt, etc.

View Quote

Wonder if ISIS would be around if he had stayed.

Guessing he would have had no qualms about torturing ISIS members/supporters........
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When Republicans spend money and increase the debt, it is for goods and services which are critically needed for the survival of the nation and the people.

When Democrats spend money and increase the debt the money is pissed away due to waste, fraud and abuse ... unless the Republicans in Congress participated in the process, in which case it is impolite to even mention growing Federal expenditures and mounting debt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had a dollar every time someone told me I don't understand politics I would be freakin rich.

You could have thrown some gun control shit in there too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes.  I didn't agree with all of his decisions, but he was still a good leader.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the correct answer.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top