Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Europe is rife with them.  France used to have Gustave Eiffel (the guy who built the tower) on their currency and Germany had a bunch of scientists and mathematicians on theirs, before they went the Euro.

Ready to have your mind blown?  This is what the US one dollar bill looked like in 1896::

http://assets.atlasobscura.com/article_images/800x/15056/image.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe - just maybe - the reasons some liberals want to honor her is the same reason some conservatives want to honor her. Or even the reasons Liberals honor her may be different on why a conservative would as well. But they can both agree she is worthy of honor. We have to fucking politicize EVERYTHING now? It wasn't that long ago bi-partisanship was an actual thing.

Jesus Christ. You can LIKE or AGREE on something a liberal does and it doesn't make it that they win.

Liberals also enjoy breathing oxygen and fucking. I assume you abstain from those liberal behaviors then?

I am curious, I don't know this.  What countries have people other than heads of state and government officials on their currency?

Europe is rife with them.  France used to have Gustave Eiffel (the guy who built the tower) on their currency and Germany had a bunch of scientists and mathematicians on theirs, before they went the Euro.

Ready to have your mind blown?  This is what the US one dollar bill looked like in 1896::

Wow!  Is that the front or the back?  From what I saw on the news, I guess they're going to have more panoramic scenes on the reverse starting with the suffragettes and civil rights heroes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Methinks you have a reading comprehension problem.  I never said I had a beef with Tubman being on the $20.  My point is that the Libtards chose her because of her race and gender over anything she actually accomplished.  If they fully understood she was a Republican who said SCREW YOU to Democrat government authority they would have dropped her like roadkill too.  Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the choices for going on currency along with Tubman.  Do you think she was a candidate because of her exquisite taste in fur stoles or because she was possibly a Lesbian?

I can explain why I would love to see this image on the $20, and I can explain why the Libtards wouldn't.   Do I really need to?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I_Mi_KKOnUI/VxhF7G5cdTI/AAAAAAAAKoU/zeeGuhs_S6wF4k07t7CvJV6Wd3A9hRkAQCK4B/s1600/Harriet%2BTubman.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great choice for the $20 bill. I am surprised she was chosen to tell you the truth.
I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other.        Tubman

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not logic, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.

I think it is you who has the touchy feelies. Why isn't she a good choice?

Freedom lover - check
Fought for freedom - check
Injured for freedom - check
Stood up for what is right - check
Promoted voting rights for women  - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

What argument could you possibly have that she isn't a good candidate to be put on the $20?

Oh wait - she's black. Well shit. How you going to rationalize that, huh? Your touchy feelies don't like that, do they?

Methinks you have a reading comprehension problem.  I never said I had a beef with Tubman being on the $20.  My point is that the Libtards chose her because of her race and gender over anything she actually accomplished.  If they fully understood she was a Republican who said SCREW YOU to Democrat government authority they would have dropped her like roadkill too.  Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the choices for going on currency along with Tubman.  Do you think she was a candidate because of her exquisite taste in fur stoles or because she was possibly a Lesbian?

I can explain why I would love to see this image on the $20, and I can explain why the Libtards wouldn't.   Do I really need to?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I_Mi_KKOnUI/VxhF7G5cdTI/AAAAAAAAKoU/zeeGuhs_S6wF4k07t7CvJV6Wd3A9hRkAQCK4B/s1600/Harriet%2BTubman.jpg

Only thing missing is "Come With Me If You Want To Live"    ....
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
This came up on ARFCOM about a year or so ago and I believe she was my pick back then, if they had to do it. (It was for the $10 bill back then.)

As far as the politics go… “A Republican Christian gun owner, who opposed the 100% tax rate the Democrats had imposed on Black people.”

Yea, that sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am curious, I don't know this.  What countries have people other than heads of state and government officials on their currency?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe - just maybe - the reasons some liberals want to honor her is the same reason some conservatives want to honor her. Or even the reasons Liberals honor her may be different on why a conservative would as well. But they can both agree she is worthy of honor. We have to fucking politicize EVERYTHING now? It wasn't that long ago bi-partisanship was an actual thing.

Jesus Christ. You can LIKE or AGREE on something a liberal does and it doesn't make it that they win.

Liberals also enjoy breathing oxygen and fucking. I assume you abstain from those liberal behaviors then?

Uh lots of places. Including the UNITED STATES.

Hell here is a HUGE list of people on currency and a lot of them are not polictial leaders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_banknotes

examples

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
C'mon guys, lay off the borderline racist fake quotes huh?

I'm not a fan of putting her on the bill, but she was a great American and deserves respect.  That shits fucked up
View Quote

According to GD, all abolitionists and civil rights leaders were criminals and communists.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, most everyone I can think of... certainly every place I've lived and routinely used currency.

There's places like here, where - like the Euro - they prefer architectural images. But most places who do the shop portrait thing will have a poet, an artist, military leader, or other historical figure or two.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

1) Large movement to put a woman on the money.
2) Large movement to remove Jackson, as he was a dick.
3) Genius move to select a minority woman who conservatives, who might otherwise poo-poo the first item, could really get behind, while also appeasing the other crowds.
4) Should have been win/win, but some people can't help themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a broke government we do not need to spend the millions required to retool for a change in the twenty. leave it alone.

Despite Tubman's undoubted place in history and who is worthy of honor, this pretty much sums it up.

Why are we displacing people who have been on these notes for decades, simply for the sake of doing it?  For change?  Why, exactly?

The re-tooling argument has some merit, assuming that they could still have security updates and this Braille thing they're on at the moment without re-tooling everything anyway.

I just don't understand why the government finds it necessary to change this and change that, for virtually no reason.  I mean, it's analogous to saying "hmm, I think we should replace the stars on the American flag with asterisks.  After all, the stars have had their run and we should change it up a little."  It's fucking dumb.

Want something more useful?  Make a new bill.  $200 or something and put Tubman on it, or whoever you want.  But this is ridiculous.

1) Large movement to put a woman on the money.
2) Large movement to remove Jackson, as he was a dick.
3) Genius move to select a minority woman who conservatives, who might otherwise poo-poo the first item, could really get behind, while also appeasing the other crowds.
4) Should have been win/win, but some people can't help themselves.

Plus, the tooling for the plates is re-done on a regular basis, there probably isnt much more involved with changing them, than is paid out normally.  it;s not like they;re going to collect up all of the currency already in circulation.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow!  Is that the front or the back?  From what I saw on the news, I guess they're going to have more panoramic scenes on the reverse starting with the suffragettes and civil rights heroes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the front.  The back had George and Martha Washington.  This note was clled the "Educational note" from the woman on the front teaching the child about Washington D.C.

Those old bills had some mind blowing engraving on them:

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lincoln was a Republican also.  History shows the Republicans at the time were the party of big federal centralized government,  The Democrats were the conservative, states rights party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great choice for the $20 bill. I am surprised she was chosen to tell you the truth.
I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other.        Tubman

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not reason, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.  I remember how they were championing how courageous Caitlyn Jenner was for coming out as a teans-woman...until the moment she/he/whatever admitted being a Republican.  Jenner might as well been roadkill as far as the Libtards were concerned.

Lincoln was a Republican also.  History shows the Republicans at the time were the party of big federal centralized government,  The Democrats were the conservative, states rights party.

That's why Southern states insisted that the Federal government enforce the Fugitive Slave Act and punish officials in Northern states that refused to return runaway slaves. States Rights and all.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I did not have sex with that woman...

-- Harriet Tubman
View Quote

Seriously, that's all I've got.  If it costs a ton of money to re-tool in order to put the new fiat dollars out, then I'm against it.  If it doesn't actually cost anything, then what's the fuss?  By all accounts, Tubman was an honorable woman.  There are tons of people throughout history that are worthy of being on our currency.  I got nothing against her except that it seems like it's the government trying to appease the BLM people and as far as I'm concerned, the BLM people should all go fuck themselves with rusty pitchforks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

America for one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#12]
"Screw you, Willie, your kinky ass.  Last time I didn't shit right for a week."  -Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not logic, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

What argument could you possibly have that she isn't a good candidate to be put on the $20?

Oh wait - she's black. Well shit. How you going to rationalize that, huh? Your touchy feelies don't like that, do they?

For someone who doesn't have a problem with it you sure sound butthurt.

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- Harriet Tubman

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Well if I'm not killin' a Snitch,
I'm runnin' from the police!
I'm at the spot, just hangin' with the homies...
View Quote
harriet tubman.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
#1  First EBT card   #2  First section 8 home    # First free telephone.  That's all I got.
View Quote

Gee, why would you pick those things...hmmm.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of putting her on the bill, but she was a great American and deserves respect.  That shits fucked up
View Quote

You'd think staff or mods would do something about it...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Affirmative action bills.

Why not leave shit alone?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Why'd they take Matlock off he air? Oh it's so confusing going to the general store now. So many kinds of soda pop. Everything is confusing and moves so fast these days. I hear them colored folk can even vote now."
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Why'd they take Matlock off he air? Oh it's so confusing going to the general store now. So many kinds of soda pop. Everything is confusing and moves so fast these days. I hear them colored folk can even vote now."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really seem to hung up on the SJW character lately. It's quite amusing
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#20]
So OP is celebrating the leader of a criminal conspiracy?

Lawless nation has gone full retard.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
According to GD, all abolitionists and civil rights leaders were criminals and communists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could make the point that replacing A.J. with Tubman is racist and sexist in and of itself. The question isn't if she's deserving, it's why the need to replace A.J. or anyone for her in the first place? If you come up with anything but a racist or sexist motive, then you have blinders on. There's other avenues that could have been taken to honor Tubman, as she's been honored a lot already.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I find it funny they are putting a gun totting REPUBLICAN on the bill, replacing the founder of the DEMOCRAT party.
View Quote

Shhhhhhh......History is for faggots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Some people just don’t want to open their eyes.  If you can’t see that this is touchy feely, politically motivated bullshit it is then you are a full retard that can count to potato and destroys drum sets.  Anyone with more intelligence and critical thinking than a mole rat could see the SJWs mah feelz under thinking.  It was based on stupid, and political all the way through.

This whole thread was just celebrating that they, in there zeal to find a famous name that check off enough diversity boxes, picked a woman that is the antithesis of their sick ideology.  It was innocent.  Some people of such a depraved mental state just seem to see the worst in people in some sad effort to morally lift themselves up.  GD is not fucking Storm Front.  Why don’t we keep the Tubman twenty, her quotes, and the silly made up quotes here in GD.  The assholes should go be cockfags somewhere else.

Those pathetic jokers aside, one reason this might be bad news is that they have not announced that they will be changing the bigger bills.  This could mean they really are moving forward with planes to phase them out.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Want something more useful?  Make a new bill.  $200 or something and put Tubman on it, or whoever you want.  But this is ridiculous.
View Quote

This is a fantastic idea.  Bring back the $500 & put her on it.
MLG
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

nvm
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"There is no I in team, but there is a I in Meat Pie".

-Abraham Lincoln.
View Quote

And meat is an anagram of team.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#28]
"Eat a better breakfast"

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a SJW. I am just tired of the racist and anti-gay bullshit. You don't have to be a SJW to stand up for what is right. This is not about defending some fringe weirdo or fringe view. This is standing against blatant racism against a person who is, by all accounts, an genuine American Hero.

You can apply what ever label you want to me. That only matters to people who don't think for themselves. The horrible shit on here about Tubman is just disgraceful. No wonder I have to defend conservatives and the Republican party and gun owners from people who what to characterize us as racists. Because a lot of you are. Either that or you have the mentality of a 5 year old where if someone you don't like likes something, then by default it must be bad.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So OP is celebrating the leader of a criminal conspiracy?

Lawless nation has gone full retard.
View Quote

Like the Founding Fathers?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
"Sombody gon' bleed, yes indeed, motherfucker took my weed." - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#32]
" It might have choked Artie but it ain't gonna choke Harriet "

- Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, and no. 99% of the real world things that big (fed) government do now that liberty loving people disagree with would never have been approved of by a guy like Lincoln. We can say "he opened the flood gates!" all we want, but the fact remains that he didn't give us the income tax, EPA, HHS, SS, welfare, unemployment, Medicare, Medicaid, department of education, etc. Blaming Lincoln for future excesses is like blaming H. Ford for vehicular manslaughter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and no. 99% of the real world things that big (fed) government do now that liberty loving people disagree with would never have been approved of by a guy like Lincoln. We can say "he opened the flood gates!" all we want, but the fact remains that he didn't give us the income tax, EPA, HHS, SS, welfare, unemployment, Medicare, Medicaid, department of education, etc. Blaming Lincoln for future excesses is like blaming H. Ford for vehicular manslaughter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Part in bold is wrong.

Lincoln passed TWO income taxes.  The first was the Revenue Act of 1861.  This was "improved" by its successor, the Revenue Act of 1862, which made the income tax progressive, and created the Office of the Commissioner of Internal revenue, which we now today as the IRS.

He also issued illegal and unconstitutional fiat paper money, called "greenbacks" and compelled its acceptance by government force.  He closed newspapers that disagreed with him, imprisoned American citizens without trial indefinitely, exiled a sitting member of Congress, attempted to arrest the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, illegally and unconstitutionally suspended the writ of habeas corpus. instituted a military draft of dubious legality.  (Under his authority) seized a vessel in a neutral port in another country, "accidentally" sank that vessel rather than return it and its crew, and broke an armistice then in place by going behind Congress and his own Secretary of Navy to order the attempted reinforcement of forts in Florida and North Carolina to create a causus beli.

He was also involved in the first major American example of government corruption and cronyism  - the Credit Mobilier scandal - which lead directly to the notoriously corrupt follow-on administration of Grant.

He also killed a million people in the name of "preserving the Union" - a cause that he had neither the duty nor obligation to attempt.  In the process, he sowed the seeds for the pitiful state of racial relations in this country that plagues us to this day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#34]

They won't use that image so it should be available as a sticker to place over the PC image to more accurately reflect on Tubman's life
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#35]

And Mr. 9mm here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness.

Harriet 'Jules' Tubman.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#36]
"Let go of my eggo, or Harriet Tubman will shoot your sorry ass!" - Jefferson Davis
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's why Southern states insisted that the Federal government enforce the Fugitive Slave Act and punish officials in Northern states that refused to return runaway slaves. States Rights and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not reason, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.  I remember how they were championing how courageous Caitlyn Jenner was for coming out as a teans-woman...until the moment she/he/whatever admitted being a Republican.  Jenner might as well been roadkill as far as the Libtards were concerned.

Actually, that was the law.  Just like the house master in Boston wanted his indentured maid (that he was beating and screwing) returned if she was found in Florida.

Of course, actually following the law and Constitution weren't things the Yankees and Lincoln were known for doing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
"I got 99 problems, but a b***h ain't one."  - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

That's kinda badass.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Of course, actually following the law and Constitution weren't things the Yankees and Lincoln were known for doing.
View Quote

Evil, codified as law, should not be followed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Fucking nailed it man, she was a badass and I am proud to honor her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

Fucking nailed it man, she was a badass and I am proud to honor her.

she had a dream bro
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

I'm ok with the person. I'm not ok with the divisional intent behind her selection. A perfect example is how this subject is all over social media.

Why not the first black Marshall that supposedly arrested 3000 people including his on son?

This selection paired with the back of some notes being a civil rights march at the Washington monument, tells me the Treasury intends to celebrate everything about a small 13% of the population while casting 70%+ of the population as evil.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

The welfare state thanks her.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Evil" is in the eye of the beholder.  Some believe eating meat and owning a gun is "evil".  Further, those who thought the situation evil had the same access to the political process to change that evil as anyone else.

Also, had the South freed all the slaves - who do you expect to feed, clothe, and shelter them?  Remember, there was no welfare or EBT card back then.

Lastly, the North's hands were not clean of this evil - yet they did nto "get around" to doing anything about it until after the War of Northern Aggression.

One cannot defeat evil by being evil, and a government of a federation MUST be bound by its duly passed laws  - not exceed them.  Otherwise, limited government does not exist.

You do know you are on a gun board, - right?  You just going to hand yours over, when the ruling class decides that they are "evil"?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Despite Tubman's undoubted place in history and who is worthy of honor, this pretty much sums it up.

Why are we displacing people who have been on these notes for decades, simply for the sake of doing it?  For change?  Why, exactly?

The re-tooling argument has some merit, assuming that they could still have security updates and this Braille thing they're on at the moment without re-tooling everything anyway.

I just don't understand why the government finds it necessary to change this and change that, for virtually no reason.  I mean, it's analogous to saying "hmm, I think we should replace the stars on the American flag with asterisks.  After all, the stars have had their run and we should change it up a little."  It's fucking dumb.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a broke government we do not need to spend the millions required to retool for a change in the twenty. leave it alone.

You do realize they redo bills on a constant basis, right?

This literally adds $0 to the cost to redo the bill, which they were going to redo anyway

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Andrea Jackson is a very Hott new anchor from a few years ago....
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Social Democrats?

Ain't nobody got time fo' DAT.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

And look what a fucking debacle the 100s were. That shit went over budget over date and something like 100 million or billion in face value was destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Freedom lover - check

Christian - check

gun user - check

Republican - check

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freedom lover - check

Christian - check

gun user - check

Republican - check

Reading comprehension level zero, check.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not sad to see Jackson get the boot.  But I would have been upset about Hamilton. That play is amazing, I hear.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top