Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, winning WWII was a waste of time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The draft needs to be abolished if you have to be forced to serve your nation when it needs you most then your nation is not worth saving.

I don't want to fight next to someone who doesn't want to be there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Until your sister or niece gets blown up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

It sucks but equal is equal.

Damn straight.  

Until your sister or niece gets blown up.

Until 87% are injured and collecting disability within 2 years.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Equal rights, yo.
View Quote

War on women.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bro, only 12% of Spanish aged 18-40 would join the Spanish Army if the country was under direct threat of invasion.

Do you think that number is appreciably different anywhere in the Western world?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The draft needs to be abolished if you have to be forced to serve your nation when it needs you most then your nation is not worth saving.

All that shows is most people are cowards and have to be forced to take action.
It's fucking disgusting. The world has always been drug kicking and screaming to greatness by their betters.

There we were the time when our way of life was most at risk and people had to be forced to fight. Pathetic.

Bro, only 12% of Spanish aged 18-40 would join the Spanish Army if the country was under direct threat of invasion.

Do you think that number is appreciably different anywhere in the Western world?

Nope and to me it's kind of depressing, I do not understand how so many people can sit idlely by and do nothing while everything they love and cherish is at stake.
Who cares if you might die in the process who cares if you might lose at least you stand up for something by fighting.
If there were more people who truly loves their nations then maybe the world would be a better place.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell, back during the Roman Empire, only about ~1% of free male Roman citizens served in the legions. (137,000 legionaries out of a total population of about 25 million citizens), and this was a far more martial culture than ours.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The good enough should never be the enemy of the perfect.

The functional difference between a bureaucratic mercenary army and a drafted one in a ethical construct is pretty narrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The functional difference between a bureaucratic mercenary army and a drafted one in a ethical construct is pretty narrow.

Mercenary is a time honored honorable profession.

They get a bad name by the faggots who control the narrative and are too cowardly, feeble, or inept to participate themselves.
The most vociferous opposition is the most incapable.
Wear that title as a badge of honor.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Won't matter how the house votes. Harry Reid would kill the bill in the Senate.

They do not want to upset women during an election cycle, the speak about equality but it is all BS.
View Quote
I really don't think the general public will raise a fuss at all, either party.

People's attitudes have changed and they will see the draft as a very remote possibility.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It needs to be abolished because its slavery.  Why can some asshole in a suit decide to spend your life just to protect a bunch of illiterate third worlders from each other?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They get a bad name by the faggots who control the narrative and are too cowardly, feeble, or inept to participate themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To my thinking, everyone with a .ctr email address is a mercenary. No big deal.

I don't care if you're doing it for the pay and pension, or motherhood and apple pie, or if you do it as some Tier 1 pipe hitter or the most pogue M-day.

Just show up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:11:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It needs to be abolished because its slavery.  Why can some asshole in a suit decide to spend your life just to protect a bunch of illiterate third worlders from each other?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is jury duty slavery?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is jury duty slavery?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is jury duty slavery?

Yes.  As is taxation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope SJW females can't get student loans unless they register.

You know, to be fair and shit.
View Quote

Same.

I had to register w/ SS or i dont get loans from gov.  To be fair since this is what they want they shud have to follow the same rules as a male.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not slavery in my opinion it's just cowards being carried to glory on the backs of heroes.
Maybe it's because I'm patriotic and really do love this country but I just cannot think about how I couldn't fight for it tooth and nail if it needed me to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Until they're called up.  Men can't get pregnant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equal rights, yo.

They wanted abortion, now they can have their abortion.

At basic training.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's not slavery in my opinion it's just cowards being carried to glory on the backs of heroes.
Maybe it's because I'm patriotic and really do love this country but I just cannot think about how I couldn't fight for it tooth and nail if it needed me to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand your point, and I agree to an extent, but that part in red is very subjective.  I 'm not going to fight to protect an "ally" that wrote checks their ass can't cash, or spread democracy to people that don't want it, etc.  

The draft allows a very small group of people control over the lives of millions in the name of national security.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm OK with this. Conscripted service does not equal combat.plenty of jobs women can do if we are at war.
View Quote
This.

In today's .mil, if we need a draft, it means the SHTF in a big way, and every able body is needed for some task.

My mother wore a uniform in WW2. Forgot what she was doing, but something. Maybe drove an amberlamps?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:28:55 AM EDT
[#17]
mmm, part of me like this from a "fair" perspective, part of me thinks this is bullshit, because I have a 10 yo daughter and do not want her to serve
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Welcome to the Infantry Ladies...

No I'm not talking to you guys, I'm talking to the women in the back rank
View Quote

...the ones on crutches, medical boots, pregnant?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Of course they do. More we know best grandstanding from the sexist feminists who will practice escape and evasion techniques to avoid serving.  These so called women would love nothing more than to look down their noses at those who serve their nation while sending our families off to fight. They represent about 1% of the nation with their views but will sentence all women to abide by their decrees.

The real goal is to snuff out any semblance of femininity. They are a loathsome lot.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#20]
You want an American people that do not support the military,

This is how you get an American population that does not support the military.

More in the saga of destroying country and the military
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:59:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The bad news is that it's going to take another Kasserine Pass or TF Smith to do it. Even then, I think the SJWs are so convinced of their existential righteousness they won't care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm OK with this. Conscripted service does not equal combat.plenty of jobs women can do if we are at war.

Nope. You want the right for infantry "jobs" you got it.

As previously stated, it's a sad and embarrassing state for our nation. Sometimes the best way to educate a naive and spoiled child is to give them exactly what they are asking for. So I'm kinda torn on this one.

The bad news is that it's going to take another Kasserine Pass or TF Smith to do it. Even then, I think the SJWs are so convinced of their existential righteousness they won't care.

Absolutely.

They won't give a shit, racism in the ranks conspired their failure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's fucking disgusting. The world has always been drug kicking and screaming to greatness by their betters.

There we were the time when our way of life was most at risk and people had to be forced to fight. Pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recent immigrants in the cities mostly. Plenty of volunteers from small town and rural America back then, as now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:04:07 AM EDT
[#23]
They want equality, this is part of it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Do it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:11:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They want equality, this is part of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#26]
They already released the name of any division formed from drafted females.

Fodder division.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:18:07 AM EDT
[#27]
This won't ever actually become law, unfortunately.

For all the white knights denouncing this, give me a fucking break.

These vile, shrill cunts scream about equality, here it is. Make ALL women put their lives where their big fat mouths are, and maybe then this militant feminism SJW bullshit that's destroying this country will boil to a head and blow up in their faces.

As others have said, there are plenty of things to do in the military that doesn't require your princess to be in front line combat. In any case, it's all a moot point because lets face it, it'll never become law that women have to register for the S/S.

Once again they get to scream about how unfair it is that they can't be in combat, then they're allowed, then they cry about having to register for the draft, so the white knights defend them, and they get further emboldened and the SJW movement continues to gain momentum.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a pathetic thought that our country would draft anyone.

FIFY

Yea, all that FREEDOM we have.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too late the Genie is out of the bottle

Don't give a shit what your plumbing is, grab your rifle and ruck and get on the bird

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a pathetic thought that our country would draft women to fight its wars.

Too late the Genie is out of the bottle

Don't give a shit what your plumbing is, grab your rifle and ruck and get on the bird

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:18:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Unconstitutional slavery should have been abolished long ago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

These vile, shrill cunts scream about equality, here it is. Make ALL women put their lives where their big fat mouths are, and maybe then this militant feminism SJW bullshit that's destroying this country will boil to a head and blow up in their faces.

As others have said, there are plenty of things to do in the military that doesn't require your princess to be in front line combat. In any case, it's all a moot point because lets face it, it'll never become law that women have to register for the S/S.

Once again they get to scream about how unfair it is that they can't be in combat, then they're allowed, then they cry about having to register for the draft, so the white knights defend them, and they get further emboldened and the SJW movement continues to gain momentum.
View Quote

For every one vile cunt screaming about equality I've met, I've met dozens of normal women who don't care for the SJW agenda. Most want nothing to do with the military.

This may be a good avenue to get the attention of normal women who will tell the SJWs to let the military continue to be a part of male privilidge.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm here to watch white knights say only men should fight and die in defense of the country.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

After the 12 weeks of paid vacation and the 1 year bonding time, at which point they get pregnant again...rather, rinse, repeat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equal rights, yo.

Wait until they give birth then send them off.

After the 12 weeks of paid vacation and the 1 year bonding time, at which point they get pregnant again...rather, rinse, repeat.

Nope, war starts and you get drafted, mandatory norplant.

Of course most would be disabled medically a month after forced to carry man sized loadouts and we would be forced to pay for them forever. Yay......

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm okay with this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#35]
do it
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a pathetic thought that our country would draft anyone.

FIFY

I agree that a draft is not a good thing. Not at all. But if we're willing to go that route, then it should be universal.

"I actually think if we want equality in this country, if we want women to be treated precisely like men are treated and that they should not be discriminated against, we should be willing to support a universal conscription," she said.

She's not wrong. Opening Pandora's Box means you get all the downsides with the good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If a real wartime draft is ever activated, Suddenly There will be many men that Identify as Women
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equal rights, yo.

If a real wartime draft is ever activated, Suddenly There will be many men that Identify as Women

Lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#38]
No split tails on the line.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#39]
good

I embrace equal rights....

it is about time women pay child support, register for the draft,  give half their military pensions to their ex when they divorce, etc, etc
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For every one vile cunt screaming about equality I've met, I've met dozens of normal women who don't care for the SJW agenda. Most want nothing to do with the military.

This may be a good avenue to get the attention of normal women who will tell the SJWs to let the military continue to be a part of male privilidge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Even amongst those of us who did serve, the vast majority did not ever feel women were suited to combat arms positions. Those should have remained the province of men. Sadly, a very tiny number of suited individuals decided that "equality" was the avenue they wanted to take to destruction of an effective fighting force. That was their goal, and they used the social justice warriors to accomplish it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's a pathetic thought that our country would draft women to fight its wars.

View Quote

This

ETA: Not to mention that Dems propose drafts at the drop of a hat because it drives up anti-war sentiment in the electorate.  This would only intensify the effect.  But I'll admit I'm too old for the culture this nation is shifting to, as I still believe men should be called on first to defend the women and children of a society.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all, anyone who wants to be there is fucked in the head.

That aside, if you have an entire army of angry Zulus charging towards you, you would welcome anyone who can pull a trigger.

If a modern war ever comes down to needing to conscript people to fight, you will be glad to have whoever you can get, because that would mean we are losing badly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

As previously stated, it's a sad and embarrassing state for our nation. Sometimes the best way to educate a naive and spoiled child is to give them exactly what they are asking for. So I'm kinda torn on this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets be clear, most women don't want the right to infantry jobs. I also don't want men dying because unfit women are forced into combat roles. Plenty of ways to serve that free up people who are capable for combat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many people who enlist don't want to be in combat either. How many people enlisted after 9-11 and then complained that they didnt think they'd have to go into a war zone? They enlisted for the GI Bill.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Many people who enlist don't want to be in combat either. How many people enlisted after 9-11 and then complained that they didnt think they'd have to go into a war zone? They enlisted for the GI Bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When Desert Shield / Storm kicked off, the first to go from where I was stationed were nurses and support people from the hospital.  We had a baby-boom.  A large percentage of people in the military, probably most people, would have never signed up if they thought they would have to go to war.

If women were actually drafted, it would be to fill support spots  to free up the men to fight.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I hope SJW females can't get student loans unless they register.

You know, to be fair and shit.
View Quote

I'm all for equality.

You can't handle equality

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#47]
With equal rights comes equal responsibility.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.  I am fundamentally opposed to a draft of men or women but we have draft registration. With this great social "revolution" that's going on, you're damn straight, I think women should held to the same standard as men.  
  How about a compromise?  Identify yourself as a conscientious objector and you are barred from military service, period.  But if you don't, you register for the draft and if a draft occurs, you take your lumps, just like the boys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#48]
LOL.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Equal rights, yo.
View Quote

Heck yeah.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't care if you're doing it for the pay and pension, or motherhood and apple pie, or if you do it as some Tier 1 pipe hitter or the most pogue M-day.

Just show up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just show up.

I like to think so. It makes me feel better and slightly badass when I have to review a couple hundred database line items because somebody somewhere wanted a meaningless change.

I wish RangerUp or Article 15 would make us t-shirts too. "I protect freedom by doing exactly what is in my Statement of Work" or something actually clever and funny. Or "Contract protests are the last resort (but I'm really good at it)"
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top