Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2016 10:21:16 PM EDT
I thought flights would be expensive there, but its only $800-900 there. Anyone ever been?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not me, but a guy I work with from Italy went there on holiday once and I think they loved it.  I also talk to people there with my ham radio while they're on holiday.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Lord have mercy I want to dive there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought flights would be expensive there, but its only $800-900 there. Anyone ever been?
View Quote

$900?!? That can't be true.  It's costing me that much to fly to Montana this summer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Been to Bali... The hardcore divers I met along the way said the Maldives were n their top three best places. Never been but for 8-9 hundred I'd get real serious about making it happen. Where are you finding that deal?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$900?!? That can't be true.  It's costing me that much to fly to Montana this summer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

38 hour flights but it is showing around $900 on expedia. Just wondering if the cost if evrrything else makes ip for the low airfare. Hotels i saw some in the $100 range so that doesnt seem bad either
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I have. Incredible place.

Land and get on a boat ride for 45 minutes to your own island resort.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Maldives Vacation Trailer
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Have had a couple of friends dive there....Its on 'the list.'
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
No, but I stayed at a Motel Garcia - more than once.

I hear that these days the Maldives are very nice and affordable.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Been to Bali... The hardcore divers I met along the way said the Maldives were n their top three best places. Never been but for 8-9 hundred I'd get real serious about making it happen. Where are you finding that deal?
View Quote

What I've heard from second-hand experiance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#11]
"Originally the Maldivians were Buddhists who converted to Sunni Islam in the mid-12th century. Sunni Islam is now the only accepted religion," wiki page on maldives
I wouldn't recommend it
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Originally the Maldivians were Buddhists who converted to Sunni Islam in the mid-12th century. Sunni Islam is now the only accepted religion," wiki page on maldives
I wouldn't recommend it
View Quote

Converted  
Right
I would wager invaded
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wouldn't recommend it
View Quote

And yet every person I have ever met that has been there thinks it is amazing. I, as stated, have never been there but It is a country that is tiny and values their tourism dollars greatly because as far as I know that is about all they have. While yes, they are jacked up with some sharia law, I wouldn't put Maldives in the same category as someplace like Iran.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess tge likelyhood of ISIS pirate ships attacking the Maldives would be low.

So are the islands all small and only have like one hotel on each? Are you pretty much stuck on one island of your choosing and eating at the same place?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i wonder if there's any catch ?  expensive food? expensive activities?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Stopped there for the night once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top