BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why the fuck can't this be applied nation wide? New York? California? New Jersey?
View Quote

Amen.  I am tired of waiting for Peruta to resolve.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
where is the DOJ and the civil rights infraction squad...
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
So when do they do like they did in Texas with school finance reform? Where the judge basically says this is how it will be until you come back here with a reasonable plan that I approve?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They allow on-line "training" now.  I think it's $20 and takes no time.  Then you print out a certificate and you're done.  Easy peasy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is ultimately what I want.  

Don't us VA folks still need to take some dumb training class? Is that still a thing?

I'd like to get my permit and carry again in DC.

Yes...yes we do.

Unless you have a DD-214...then it's waved

They allow on-line "training" now.  I think it's $20 and takes no time.  Then you print out a certificate and you're done.  Easy peasy.

I don't think anybody is doing the DC training online.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I realize it's probably not within the court's purview, but they should be fined into oblivion.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No no - I am talking about the VA requirement - I thought that was the question.  Currently, I don't believe there is ANY way for a VA resident to even apply for a D.C. permit.

Even if/when D.C. is finally forced (kicking and screaming) into something approaching "shall issue" they will without doubt create all kinds of ridiculous training requirements and fees and bullshit and renewals and all kinds of stuff.  Probably toeprints and stool samples too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't us VA folks still need to take some dumb training class? Is that still a thing?

I'd like to get my permit and carry again in DC.

Yes...yes we do.

Unless you have a DD-214...then it's waved

I don't think anybody is doing the DC training online.

No no - I am talking about the VA requirement - I thought that was the question.  Currently, I don't believe there is ANY way for a VA resident to even apply for a D.C. permit.

Even if/when D.C. is finally forced (kicking and screaming) into something approaching "shall issue" they will without doubt create all kinds of ridiculous training requirements and fees and bullshit and renewals and all kinds of stuff.  Probably toeprints and stool samples too.

Yeah, I guess I was unclear. It wasn't worded well.

I thought there was an out of state provision.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/us-judge-strikes-down-dc-concealed-carry-gun-law-as-likely-unconstitutional/2016/05/17/d36d35dc-1c49-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html?tid=sm_tw

For the second time in as many years, a federal judge in Washington ordered the city to halt enforcement of its new, concealed-carry law that requires applicants to state “good reason” to carry a weapon in order to obtain a permit from police.
View Quote
View Quote

Contempt.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope that some of this judicial common sense bleeds over into The Communist Republic of MD.  As it stands now, normal, law abiding and tax paying citizens have close to zero chance of getting a CCW permit.
It pisses me off every day.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]

It's possible Emily Miller applied - but she's a DC resident.

IIRC, the class is something like 8 hours.  

And it has a practical/shooting range test.

Only there is NO shooting range open in DC for testing purposes.

So you have to go to MD to do that part of the test.

Not even sure if there is ANY non-resident permit.  Too bad they could not have forced DC and MD to accept VA permits as part of the reciprocity deal with McAwful last year.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wish they would challenge New York's 16 month wait time to get a permit to basically hunt with your pistol and same thing without a good cause they wont issue you a carry permit. These laws are insane.
View Quote

Intentionally.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Being from Oklahoma I dont know anything about everyone elses gun laws. What I do know is that gun laws only help the bad guy. I feel bad for the good people that live in states with jacked up gun laws.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Did anyone else enjoy the detail that the plaintiff was a member of the Pink Pistols? Good for them! That bit should make some liberal heads explode.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There is in Florida. When state preemption passed making all local ordinances involving firearms null & void and holding local politicians personally and financially responsible for any contrary legislation, the city attorneys couldn't scrub the books fast enough.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish there were legal/employment repercussions for people that habitually pass laws that are struck down as unconstitutional..

There is in Florida. When state preemption passed making all local ordinances involving firearms null & void and holding local politicians personally and financially responsible for any contrary legislation, the city attorneys couldn't scrub the books fast enough.  

Yup

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It probably means it now reverts to shall issue instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an immediate hold on the current rules?

Does that mean that - like last time - until they quickly pass some new rules, open and concealed carry is temporarily legal in D.C.?  

It probably means it now reverts to shall issue instead.

Until DC gets an "emergency" stay of the injunction pending a trial decision.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Did anyone else enjoy the detail that the plaintiff was a member of the Pink Pistols? Good for them! That bit should make some liberal heads explode.
View Quote
Folks here bash gays, lesbians, and even transgenders. But there are a lot of gun owners and not all of them are bible thumping heterosexual white males.

I donate to Pink Pistols. They are a damn good organization.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[Probably stool samples too.
View Quote

Mailing mine to them today!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's possible Emily Miller applied - but she's a DC resident.

IIRC, the class is something like 8 hours.  

And it has a practical/shooting range test.

Only there is NO shooting range open in DC for testing purposes.

So you have to go to MD to do that part of the test.

Not even sure if there is ANY non-resident permit.  Too bad they could not have forced DC and MD to accept VA permits as part of the reciprocity deal with McAwful last year.
View Quote

Then it seems that the DC PD would be required to provide the MPD range and ROs for the purposes of permit testing.

That said, there is now ONE gun store/range in the works for DC.  FFL applied for and looking for a space now, according to WMAL this afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Folks here bash gays, lesbians, and even transgenders. But there are a lot of gun owners and not all of them are bible thumping heterosexual white males.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have LGBT friends.  Some of them actually shoot and are actually pretty conservative, other than LGBT issues.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I want to go into DC tomorrow just to submit the paperwork for a permit in DC.  In the good reason field, I'll put "because I fucking want to."
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wish there were legal/employment repercussions for people that habitually pass laws that are struck down as unconstitutional..
View Quote

Prison, reparations with confiscation of property. Execution in egregious cases.
How many people are imprisoned and their lives ruined under illegitimate law while the legal battle ensues? How many people have to put their constitutional rights on hold? Do they get compensated when the law is thrown out?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Why are the pro 2A lawyers not charging 1k per hour when attacking these BS laws?

Ramp up the costs until they feel it.

I will be a witness to any case for 1 million dollars, and I will donate it all the NRA and Fischer House.

State pays when they lose yeah?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The case is still pending.  The Plaintiff asked for - and got - a preliminary injunction.  As of now DC is enjoined (prohibited) from "denying concealed carry licenses to applicants who meet all eligibility requirements other than the 'good reason' requirement."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that mean that - like last time - until they quickly pass some new rules, open and concealed carry is temporarily legal in D.C.?  

The case is still pending.  The Plaintiff asked for - and got - a preliminary injunction.  As of now DC is enjoined (prohibited) from "denying concealed carry licenses to applicants who meet all eligibility requirements other than the 'good reason' requirement."

It's too bad that a similar suit can't be  brought and won in New York City where the good reason requirement disqualifies just about everyone who isn't "someone."
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes!

MD has been watching this one, since the "good and substantial" requirement here is equal levels of fucked (though bureaucratically easier to skirt if you have the connections).
View Quote

Same in NJ with "Justifiable Need"
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#25]
A bit of good news.

Though what are the chances that in 24-48 hours, DC establishes another bureaucratic obstacle which will eventually face yet another legal challenge?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I want to go into DC tomorrow just to submit the paperwork for a permit in DC.  In the good reason field, I'll put "because I fucking want to."
View Quote

Carpool?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wish there were legal/employment and massive financial repercussions for people that habitually pass laws that are struck down as unconstitutional..
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

This was my first thought.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably better to simply put down the case citation, and attach a copy of the injunction requiring them to be "shall issue."
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/us-judge-strikes-down-dc-concealed-carry-gun-law-as-likely-unconstitutional/2016/05/17/d36d35dc-1c49-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html?tid=sm_tw

For the second time in as many years, a federal judge in Washington ordered the city to halt enforcement of its new, concealed-carry law that requires applicants to state “good reason” to carry a weapon in order to obtain a permit from police.
View Quote
View Quote

If the court had any balls, they would throw the assholes who keep coming up with these schemes into prison.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#32]
There should be a law or possibly a Constitutional Amendment that all new laws have to pass a Constitutional Review

before they become law.

That should tie the system up for long enough that no new laws get passed for a while.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Rulings such as this explains the sudden moonbat push by the Left against the 2nd amendment.  They can see that the courts are reading the 2nd, and they do not like it one bit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#34]
And the DC city govt will simply ignore the ruling, again.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#35]
If they were jacking up voting rights like this, injunctions would be flying AND the President and his DOJ MINIONS would be in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Not yet.  The principle voters who swear "Never Trump" need to get Hillary elected so we can get 2 more Sotomayors and they can begin reversing all 2A advances made in the last 30 years.

CA and Safe Act laws for ALL!

Thumbs up.

Quoted:
PLEASE GO TO SCOTUS!

GOODBYE SULLIVAN LAW!
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the kind of law enacted in Florida wherein the creation of any local, county, or municipal gun laws, which are prohibited by state pre-emption, brings stiff personal financial penalties against the individuals who pass those local laws and even includes removing them from office by the governor.

Until the new pre-emption law was passed; there were no penalties for local politicians and/or the localities that passed illegal gun laws so they ignored the state pre-emption, in some cases, their municipal attorneys even claiming that they were unaware of it.

There needs to be penalties assigned against individual elected officials who continuously flaunt the law and court rulings in favor of gun rights.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not yet.  The principle voters who swear "Never Trump" need to get Hillary elected so we can get 2 more Sotomayors and they can begin reversing all 2A advances made in the last 30 years.

Thumbs up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thumbs up.

Quoted:
PLEASE GO TO SCOTUS!

GOODBYE SULLIVAN LAW!

Those fucking idiots need to learn the difference between a lukewarm Trump vs  liquid nitrogen cold from Clinton.

When your state gets it's case upheld by the circuit court saying they don't need a gun for "imagined confrontation" maybe they will learn, and it will be too late.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have LGBT friends.  Some of them actually shoot and are actually pretty conservative, other than LGBT issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, one of the guys on my Facebook who is most likely to post links to articles about conservative issues is married to a black man (both are very active in the veterans community and fairly conservative).

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the court had any balls,
they would throw the assholes who keep coming up with these schemes into prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the court had any balls,
they would throw the assholes who keep coming up with these schemes into prison.

They would rule that constitutional carry was legal, until they came up with something that met the court's approval.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

they should be tried for treason and if convicted face a maximum penalty of the death penalty.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top