Yep
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not on my jury!

NOT GUILTY by reason of common sense.
View Quote

Yep, just a mother protecting her child.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Justice.  

Don't want to steal the thunder from the govt.  ( I know this is a slippery slope).

Had I been on that jury,  She would not have been convicted.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#9]
She should have been rewarded for saving the taxpayers the burden of dealing with the POS.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Chomo's will become the next protected class.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't condone what she did but, I understand.

3 years for premeditated murder? I'd say the judge has some common sense of his own.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Clearly, that's a reasonable conclusion to draw from this chain of events.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Justice.  

Don't want to steal the thunder from the govt.  ( I know this is a slippery slope).

View Quote
This.  "Justice is not revenge" is what the judge said from the bench...yeah.   You can't rehabilitate child pedo's.  She gets a pass in my book.  If it were my daughter, he'd be well ventilated.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't have convicted her.................
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ugly but not guilty
View Quote

Like kill it and grill it food threads, protecting your kids is an automatic 10/10 regardless of how good or bad you look.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, the law is the law

Guilty...

...I sentence her to 1 hour of community service.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This.  "Justice is not revenge" is what the judge said from the bench...yeah.   You can't rehabilitate child pedo's.  She gets a pass in my book.  If it were my daughter, he'd be well ventilated.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Justice.  

If it had been my kid, I wouldn't have been caught killing him in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Scott Walker to the pardon phone, please.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If it had been my kid, I wouldn't have been caught killing him in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Justice.  

Yup. People vanish all the time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey, the law is the law

Guilty...

View Quote

No no no, that's MUCH too harsh!  I agree the law is the law, but really?  Such a draconian punishment as a WHOLE hour?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No no no, that's MUCH too harsh!  I agree the law is the law, but really?  Such a draconian punishment as a WHOLE hour?!?!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, the law is the law

Guilty...

Fuck it, time served.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

3 years for premeditated murder? I'd say the judge has some common sense of his own.
View Quote

This. She should go to jail. Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but it was premeditated murder, no other way of interpreting it.

She drove with two boys to the man's house, once he confessed she stabbed him to death.

This wasn't exactly a "walked in on them and stabbed him," this was her going there planning to murder the man if he confessed.

It's good she saved the taxpayers money by killing him, but she absolutely broke the law and should go to jail.

I'd say 3 years is a reasonable term for what she did. I would prefer that the man get caught and be hung by the balls until his heart stops but can't have that either.

If it was me the guys head would have exploded from about 6-700 yards away and I'd be long gone before anyone realized who or what happened.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey, the law is the law

Guilty...

View Quote

I think that's basically what happened. 3 years is pretty light for murder.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Worth it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Note to potential prosecutor:

I would gladly give up all my rights and spend three years in prison to end the life of the worthless scum stain that molested my child.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Pig farm, she should have found the nearest pig farm.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That molester tripped and fell.

It was an accident.  Things like this happen all of the time.

Not guilty.

View Quote

"Honestly, Officer, I don't know what happened ... I was sitting here on the corner, cleaning my nails, and he came along, tripped and fell on my knife. Yes, sir. Nine times."
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would gladly give up all my rights and spend three years in prison to end the life of the worthless scum stain that molested my child.
View Quote

I will caution, this level of common sense sentencing is a rarity in the "Justice" system.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Only thing I would maybe have convicted her of is the lesser included offense of Misdemeanor Littering.   $50 fine, pay the clerk on your way out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Was the guy convicted of molestation before she killed him or were there at least charges made?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This. She should go to jail. Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but it was premeditated murder, no other way of interpreting it.

She drove with two boys to the man's house, once he confessed she stabbed him to death.

This wasn't exactly a "walked in on them and stabbed him," this was her going there planning to murder the man if he confessed.

It's good she saved the taxpayers money by killing him, but she absolutely broke the law and should go to jail.

I'd say 3 years is a reasonable term for what she did. I would prefer that the man get caught and be hung by the balls until his heart stops but can't have that either.

If it was me the guys head would have exploded from about 6-700 yards away and I'd be long gone before anyone realized who or what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law's the law, huh? No.
Should she stand trial? Yes. Should this have been a case of jury nullification? Yes. Should she go to jail? No.

Is society going to suffer lawlessness, chaos, cat and dogs living together, blood in the street if child molesters are killed by the respective mothers? Nope.

The law is a system to allow for justice to be served. It is not an injustice if a mother kills those who molest her children.

Jury nullification.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you uncle sugar troll check clears this month comrade.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#37]
This judge sentenced her for vigilantism,  we can't have that he said.    He is also a soft on crime judge who think violent carjackers need to be understood.

She did the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#38]
And he would have been investigated.  Maybe charged and maybe convicted.  Then he would spend way less than 10 years in prison.  Get out and move back into the community with just a website protecting the community.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

^
Agreed. 3 yrs sounds fair for blantantly offing someone. Will it end up being 1.5 for good behavior?
hope so.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Not if I'd have been a juror.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

"Honestly, Officer, I don't know what happened ... I was sitting here on the corner and he came along, tripped and fell on my knife. Yes, sir. Nine times."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
That molester tripped and fell.

It was an accident.  Things like this happen all of the time.

Not guilty.

"Honestly, Officer, I don't know what happened ... I was sitting here on the corner and he came along, tripped and fell on my knife. Yes, sir. Nine times."

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm gonna say- OK deal.

If someone messed with my kid and justice (vengeance) only costed me 3 years, I'd be OK with that deal.   That said, if I was on the jury she'd be going home.  Hell, I'd be asking if Jury's can give medals

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#43]
The molester died of natural causes.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, 100%. And as others have said, I would have never voted guilty on her jury..
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When it does, I'll buy you some punctuation.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#46]
If there's any way to prove that he did it, I'd say probation and let her go.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you typed here makes no fucking sense.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Not guilty... She did a favor to society.  Had it been the molester on trial he probably wouldn't have got 3 years. The system is f***ed
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#49]
I think the molester should have gotten a trial.  I'm not broken up about it or anything, but due process and all, where practicable and whatnot.

Ultimately, 3 years is probably a good sentence.

That's a hard case to judge, I'm sure, but from the article it seems like he got it right.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wish I had been on the jury.
View Quote

Same here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top