BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/22/2016 11:23:04 AM EDT
Just got this in my email
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool. I was interested in that pistol. Hopefully they fixed all of the issues.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Why would anyone sign up for BetaTest 2.0?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I'd love to try one out

I also just bought a Walther PPS because I got tired of waiting for this thing...hopefully it's not a POS
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Why are they making you go through an FFL?  They could save themselves some money and their customers some headache by just shipping the replacements direct.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why are they making you go through an FFL?  They could save themselves some money and their customers some headache by just shipping the replacements direct.
View Quote

New serial numbers is my guess.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Talk about stepping up to the plate to fix a problem.  I hope it works out for them.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

These are folks who were part of Beta Test 1.0 getting 2.0 pistols after having waited way too damned long for the fix to be made.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey everyone, make sure to wait for Jeff Quinn's review of the pistol so you can get solid feedback on it's performance before buying it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Non-issue. My G23 came back from Glock with a new frame and new serial to my doorstep (so to speak--I did have to sign for it).
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  They're allowed by federal law to ship repairs or replacements back to the owner.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Non-issue. My G23 came back from Glock with a new frame and new serial to my doorstep (so to speak--I did have to sign for it).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wut?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????

Yeah, something's fucky...
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wut?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????

Yeah I am pretty sure a new serial # requires a new transfer but I guess I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????

No, it's not. The gun went to Glock for a frame replacement. It came back repaired with a  new frame. To my house. Because it went to the manufacturer for a repair/replacement.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Remington's QC has gone to shit on everything they make. Why bet that on a carry gun?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/how-would-licensee-record-disposition-replacement-firearm-licensee%E2%80%99s-records
How would a licensee record the disposition of a replacement firearm in the licensee’s records?

A licensee who receives a firearm for repair or customizing, and who returns a replacement firearm, must record the disposition in the licensee’s acquisition and disposition record. However, no ATF Form 4473 is required if the replacement firearm is returned to the same person from whom the licensee received the firearm being replaced. The replacement firearm must be of the same kind and type.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.124(a) and 478.147]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

These are folks who were part of Beta Test 1.0 getting 2.0 pistols after having waited way too damned long for the fix to be made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better luck this time....I guess. But I was specifically talking about anyone who would PURCHASE one after the shit storm that occurred with the R51v1.0
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/how-would-licensee-record-disposition-replacement-firearm-licensee%E2%80%99s-records
How would a licensee record the disposition of a replacement firearm in the licensee’s records?

A licensee who receives a firearm for repair or customizing, and who returns a replacement firearm, must record the disposition in the licensee’s acquisition and disposition record. However, no ATF Form 4473 is required if the replacement firearm is returned to the same person from whom the licensee received the firearm being replaced. The replacement firearm must be of the same kind and type.

Learn something new every day
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh...
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Better luck this time....I guess. But I was specifically talking about anyone who would PURCHASE one after the shit storm that occurred with the R51v1.0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, gotcha. I assume that the 2.0 pistols will all be going to the 1.0 owners first, so anyone looking to buy in can wait and see how things work out for the folks who get new pistols as replacements.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wut?????

Nope.  I have returned three of my agencies' G22's for cracked frames, and they have been replaced with new S/N frames.  Standard practice, no FFL required.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????

A mistake was made by Glock.

When I had a replacement pistol with new serial numbers sent to me by S&W a transfer was required.

According to my communications with Smith & Wesson; it's my understanding that under federal law a replacement pistol can be sent directly to an end user, but in the state of Florida the law requires that it be shipped first to an FFL for a transfer.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

State laws vary though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I really had a very high interest level in this pistol when they first came out.  Luckily, for me, they were not readily available.  By the time the recall was announced I had still not seen one first hand.  If I had gotten one before the recall I would unhappily wait for the 2.0 version to arrive and see how it functions.  But, given where this project has been and an uncertain map as to where it is going, I think I will wait and see if any of them find their way back home or if they stay holstered or shot by the Beta testers or if they find a map and just go down the road to the next unwitting soul.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#25]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Hope it runs because it is a cool design.

I'll get one
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#27]
They need to make a threaded version.  That's the main draw of the action.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No thanks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmm. Assuming they got the kinks worked out, I might just be interested.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Was interested in a threaded barrel one, but when I checked out the regular one at GT Distributors, I decided to wait. Then the whole issue blew up. Glad I did.
Now I have a 90%+ original Remington 51 in 380 that I got for a steal. Won't get the barrel threaded, but I may wait for 2.0 to go through it's teething period as well if they do a TB version.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#32]
LOL, NOPE
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nope.  I have returned three of my agencies' G22's for cracked frames, and they have been replaced with new S/N frames.  Standard practice, no FFL required.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????

Learn something new every day!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought GD hated Remington?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#35]
That letter is bullshit.  The second sentence mentioned quality.  Remington assigned the quality control people to housekeeping.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ditto. I sorta like the way the thing looks, and it looks to have a good profile for concealment.

It'll probably cost too much for me though...
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That letter is bullshit.  The second sentence mentioned quality.  Remington assigned the quality control people to housekeeping.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I thought they were moved to the chow-hall....
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah I am pretty sure a new serial # requires a new transfer but I guess I could be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?????

It doesn't. It's Remington covering their asses.  Imagine the bad press if Omar Mateen had waited for his R51 replacement and Rem shipped it direct to him.  Gunshowloopholewarblegarblebbq!
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I really wanted this to work.  It was a fascinating design.  Friend had one of the originals.  Went back to the factory in less than a week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No, it's not. The gun went to Glock for a frame replacement. It came back repaired with a  new frame. To my house. Because it went to the manufacturer for a repair/replacement.
View Quote

This is indeed a thing with Glock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh yeah!  Hoping they will hit stores soon!

I have always wanted one of the originals... this will do.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

When I had a replacement pistol with new serial numbers sent to me by S&W a transfer was required.

According to my communications with Smith & Wesson; it's my understanding that under federal law a replacement pistol can be sent directly to an end user, but in the state of Florida the law requires that it be shipped first to an FFL for a transfer.
View Quote

I am not aware of any such law in Florida. Can you please post it?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

No there wasn't. Don't believe me? Call them and ask.

770-432-1202
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm only repeating my personal experience with S&W who will ship replacement guns directly to consumer in states other than Florida because according to them, state law here doesn't allow it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm only repeating my personal experience with S&W who will ship replacement guns directly to consumer in states other than Florida because according to them, state law here doesn't allow it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smith and Wesson is not Glock USA.
Nevermind I see what you're saying.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Neat
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.065.html

A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer may not sell or deliver from her or his inventory at her or his licensed premises any firearm to another person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, until she or he has:
1. Obtained a completed form from the potential buyer or transferee...
2. Collected a fee from the potential buyer for processing the criminal history check of the potential buyer...
3. Requested, by means of a toll-free telephone call, the Department of Law Enforcement to conduct a check of the information...
4. Received a unique approval number for that inquiry from the Department of Law Enforcement, and recorded the date and such number on the consent form.

Florida law makes no exemption for repairs or replacement like Federal law does.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#49]
That's the only gun where I've racked the slide, and based on the feel and sounds it made, made me think, This gun is poorly made. Even a hi point felt better. The locking block felt like it was made of polished sandstone.

It only worked with 124 grain +p.

I called the guy who owned it when the recall notice came out and he said, "I'm happy with it. I'm not sending it in."

oooookaaayyy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I am excited to try it once i get it. THe 1.0 was awesome when it worked.

I love the size and the feel to it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top