Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/23/2016 10:43:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Gun rights are gay's rights just as much as they are ours.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Great job to the range  !!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Good. Now do it again. And again. And again.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Good.  And never underestimate the power of free shit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
That's great one point though one guy was worried about sitting next to somebody who didn't like them but because everybody was gay it was ok.

Good for,the gun shop

That pious Muslim who murdered everybody the other was gay
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn right!

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]
That's a great outcome! Well done.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]
inb4 they still vote Dem

I wouldn't waste my breath helping the enemy
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the "One Way" sign on the wall.

400?  I think somebody is lying in order to get free shit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.
View Quote

they're the last ones in the area that don't have/ carry guns
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

View Quote

That's exactly the attitude that allows liberalism to spread.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

View Quote

Have you ever seen a gay person fight for their rights?

This isn't about turning them into republicans. This is about weaponizing the most effective civil rights legal and public relations group in modern history and giving them something new to fight for.

They just won their long running fight to get marriage rights nationwide, they need a new cause.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

View Quote

And that's why we're getting weaker and they're getting stronger.

This is a vocal game and we need more voices to help up retain our rights.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I love the "One Way" sign on the wall.

400?  I think somebody is lying in order to get free shit.
View Quote

Houston has a HUGE gay community.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

View Quote

Less chance of a gun ban when people on the other side of the fence will think twice before giving their own guns up.

Conceal carry classes will ensure that national reciprocacy takes place.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Shiloh is just a couple miles from my house. It's a new range and one of the nicest in the 25 mile radius around me. I have dropped a ton of coin there and will continue to do so. Good on them for being awesome.

They were awesome before this stunt and now, they're a little awesomer.

They are also the only indoor range in Houston (that I'm aware of) that will let you shoot your AR on their indoor pistol line if you're using frangible ammo. I thought that was kind of neat.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#22]
this is great  - I hope other venues follow suit.

this is a vocal voting block that has been historically Democrat.

if we can get any movement in our direction, it is a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.
View Quote

It was in Houston....not Dallas or Austin
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
this is great  - I hope other venues follow suit.

this is a vocal voting block that has been historically Democrat.

if we can get any movement in our direction, it is a good thing.
View Quote

At the LEAST, it should hopefully give rise to pro-gun Democrats so that pointless legislation never passes again in Congress.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Good for them!!!

LOL at the normal cost of the class,,,,,,   69 dollars.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think they understand the connection with the 2 nd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This isn't about turning them into republicans. This is about weaponizing the most effective civil rights legal and public relations group in modern history and giving them something new to fight for.

They just won their long running fight to get marriage rights nationwide, they need a new cause.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

Everything you said is true but, it doesn't touch the *real* problem with LORD-eX-Bu's sentiment. Most gays vote Dem not because they're liberals.

Most of MY gay friends vote Dem because the overwhelming majority of Republicans do stupid shit like publically announce that all gays are perverts, they're going to Hell, their lifestyle is disgusting/disgraceful and conflate their sexuality with pedophilia.

Tell me, would you vote for a candidate that said you disgust them and you were going to Hell?

Most (like 5 in 6) of my gay friends are actually fiscally conservative and want little to no government influence in their lives. They have been duped into voting for liberals because liberals pay lip service to inclusion. Conservatives say dumb ass shit like LORD-eX-Bu did.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Everything you said is true but, it doesn't touch the *real* problem with LORD-eX-Bu's sentiment. Most gays vote Dem not because they're liberals.

Most of MY gay friends vote Dem because the overwhelming majority of Republicans do stupid shit like publically announce that all gays are perverts, they're going to Hell, their lifestyle is disgusting/disgraceful and conflate their sexuality with pedophilia.

Tell me, would you vote for a candidate that said you disgust them and you were going to Hell?

Most (like 5 in 6) of my gay friends are actually fiscally conservative and want little to no government influence in their lives. They have been duped into voting for liberals because liberals pay lip service to inclusion. Conservatives say dumb ass shit like LORD-eX-Bu did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

This - especially the part in bold.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

inb4 they still vote Dem

View Quote

And that is the problem with partisan politics.  You judge them then and treat them like shit based on their presumed party.  Then you never wonder why they always vote Dem.  Did you give them a reason to vote Republican?  Nope, you just reinforced the reason why they should vote Dem.  Congrats your behavior perpetuated the problem.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#30]
We need to be bringing these people to our side and accepting them with open arms.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#31]
400 more gun owners.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Shiloh is just a couple miles from my house. It's a new range and one of the nicest in the 25 mile radius around me. I have dropped a ton of coin there and will continue to do so. Good on them for being awesome.

They are also the only indoor range in Houston (that I'm aware of) that will let you shoot your AR on their indoor pistol line if you're using frangible ammo. I thought that was kind of neat.
View Quote

Just an FYI, but Spring Guns and Ammo off Spring Cypress Rd. allows AR's in their indoor 25 yard range and the only restriction I've seen is no steel cased ammo. Also, Shooters Station in Conroe has a 100 yard indoor range.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just an FYI, but Spring Guns and Ammo off Spring Cypress Rd. allows AR's in their indoor 25 yard range and the only restriction I've seen is no steel cased ammo. Also, Shooters Station in Conroe has a 100 yard indoor range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to Spring G&A and didn't know that. Thanks. Although, to be fair, Shiloh is a very, very nice place, in comparison. It's also ~15 minutes closer to me. I'd literally have to pass it on my way to Spring G&A.

And fuck Conroe. Just fuck Conroe in every way I can think of. Conroe sucks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
inb4 they still vote Dem

View Quote

Yeah, they're the enemy.  That's a mature way to look at it.

Obviously they're for gun restrictions and gun seizures.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Probably less than half of those people are actually gay.  The rest are just cheapskates looking for free shit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.
View Quote

no steers allowed
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

no steers allowed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.

no steers allowed

Houston is a HUGE market for architecture, design, media, IT and other sectors that attract the "creative" types. With the exception of New Orleans, I've met more openly gay people in this city than any other metropolis.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Probably less than half of those people are actually gay.  The rest are just cheapskates looking for free shit.
View Quote

Takes a special kind of person to pretend to be gay for free shit, but I see your point
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jeff and Co over at Shiloh are fantastic people. They go out of their way to create a welcoming environment...particularly for women and new shooters.  You won't find some arrogant prick behind the counter who will ignore you for long periods of time and then make you feel like  an imbecile because you aren't up to speed on the latest tacticool hotness.   They are working hard to create new gun owners who understand the importance of the 2nd Amendment.   And suppressors are freely welcome.

I'm one of their original customers and those guys get my money every chance I get.  And I send everyone I can their way.  Wish more ranges/gun stores/firearm enthusiasts would emulate their model, as we can be our own worst enemies.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Did they have to prove they were gay to get the discount
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Did they have to prove they were gay to get the discount
View Quote

Was gonna say the same thing.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I would recommend that everyone email a link to this thread to their gun ranges.  Imagine this spreading nation wide.  Imagine the impact it could have spreading support for the 2nd A and destroying the lies that the media and libs spread about conservatives towards the LGBT.  Also, its a great opportunity for acquiring a lot of new customers.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Jeff and Co over at Shiloh are fantastic people. They go out of their way to create a welcoming environment...particularly for women and new shooters.  You won't find some arrogant prick behind the counter who will ignore you for long periods of time and then make you feel like  an imbecile because you aren't up to speed on the latest tacticool hotness.   They are working hard to create new gun owners who understand the importance of the 2nd Amendment.   And suppressors are freely welcome.

I'm one of their original customers and those guys get my money every chance I get.  And I send everyone I can their way.  Wish more ranges/gun stores/firearm enthusiasts would emulate their model, as we can be our own worst enemies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything you just said is spot on.

I was there for the grand opening and keep going back. I have never been to a more clean, well run and welcoming gun range. Fuck, even the air handlers and ventilation are top notch, no black boogers after a couple boxes of rounds.

It is, in my opinion, the Gold Standard that other ranges could learn a LOT from.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell, yeah..

We all need to be shooting in the same direction if the time ever comes that we must use them. Better with us than at us, knowhuttimean?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was there for the grand opening and keep going back. I have never been to a more clean, well run and welcoming gun range. Fuck, even the air handlers and ventilation are top notch, no black boogers after a couple boxes of rounds.

It is, in my opinion, the Gold Standard that other ranges could learn a LOT from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think for Houston area ranges that'd be Athena.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Only 400?  

It is Texas after all.
View Quote
Something about only Steers and Queers come from Texas.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to Athena, I prefer Shiloh. YMMV
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top