Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2016 6:12:04 PM EDT
I thought maybe a chipmunk had died in the garage last week, but didn't have time to root around and find the source before we went to KY for the long weekend.  When I got back, I was hit by an intense wall of stench.

Turns out it was a bag of feed corn that had been sitting in the corner for 2 years.  And perhaps the puddle of slime that it was nesting on.  I wish it had been a dead animal--cleanup would have been a lot easier.  Instead, I'm pushing water+bleach all over the place, and I think I've succeeded in spreading the source of the stench to a quarter of the floor and driveway.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
soak some range cubes with water in a bucket for a week and use the contents liberally at your catfish honey hole.
your welcome
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that how moonshine is made?  
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Sour corn has lured 100's of hogs to death row at our ranch.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
have you smelled rotting potatoes?.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
have you smelled rotting potatoes?.  
View Quote

Yeah nothing is worse than my idiot neighbor putting a freshly killed skunk in a smoldering burn barrel.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought that this was going to be a dirty feet thread.

Oh, well.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Lol I accidently left some in my tackle box as a kid. Sat for a few months till fishing season came back around. I feel ya, shit stank.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Add some rotten soybeans, coon shit, and mouse piss, and you'll experience what most of the combines smell like when they come into my shop. Better yet, coon meat, from running one through the separator or engine fan.

A hot water wash will clean up pretty good, but you'll still smell the coon grease a year later.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sour corn has lured 100's of hogs to death row at our ranch.
View Quote

We used to sour whole shelled corn to soften it up to feed our hogs. After 2 days smelled like old steamed shrimp shells to me. After 2 days.....
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
soak some range cubes with water in a bucket for a week and use the contents liberally at your catfish honey hole.
your welcome
View Quote

Your avatar

Yeh. My SxS stinks to high heaven from all the corn that has spilled in the bed. It's a good mix of dead hog stank, geosmin, and fermenting corn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top