Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/27/2016 3:10:27 PM EDT
The neighbor raises bees for honey.  She's been here a little over a year.  I've made comments to her about her shitty hobby but to no avail.  My kids are starting to get stung when we're doing yard work and I promised them I would find a solution.  I have absolutely no interest inviting the man in my life or being involved in any sort of litigation.  I still have to live next door to this bitch and need plausible deniability.   Arfcom, what are your recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Inside city limits?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Raise bald faced hornets.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
photos of the lady
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 My kids are starting to get stung when we're doing yard work and I promised them I would find a solution.  
View Quote

bullshit

I have bees and kids, unless you fuck with them honey bees wont sting you
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

bullshit

I have bees and kids, unless your fuck with them honey bees wont sting you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 My kids are starting to get stung when we're doing yard work and I promised them I would find a solution.  

bullshit

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

bullshit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

This, I have 40ac of buckwheat in my back yard. There is a constant loud humming sound  at all times, thousands of bees. My kids have never been stung by a bee.they have even rescued several from the pool water by hand.
Don't fuck with them and they are harmless.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Sevindust.

Edit...I probably should have read the OP. I assumed you had a nest you wanting to kill off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had 50 production hives on my property and as many as 100 hives in holding yards on land owners property. No one stung.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Tell them to buzz off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Try this  sing along with me

A, C, D, E, F, G, HIJK, LMNOP , QRS, TUV, WX , Y &Z, now I've said my ADC'c and look at me there is no B
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Honey bees, and even the carpenter bees in my yard don't bother me if I don't bother them.  I have even inadvertently "picked" a carpenter bee off my berry vines, and because I released it the moment my fingers realized it wasn't a loganberry, I was not stung.  I think you probably have some sweat bees in the ground somewhere.

I hate sweat bees because they look like a skinny honeybee, but are actually cousins to the Yellowjackets.  Those bastards are VERY aggressive, especially after I ran my gas weed whacker over their nest....Geezus, talk about pissed off, and a stinging bunch of angry critters!

I would bet money it is NOT honey bees, rather you have some sweat bees somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a honey tree in my back yard. A huge hive swarmed in one day. I went fishing and the kids played around that tree for years. no sxtings. The flowers and veggie garden thrived. Than a storm took down the tree and the bees left :(
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#14]
That is too bad. We need bees. The population is way down. I wouldn't do anything to hurt the bees.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz5BTNFhwbFUlKBK2Ddh56wNPxFV_tzUmZoUd31BECyv8CGRH4aHMp5qE

Well, good for you sweetheart.  My kid just got stung trimming the hedge in the front yard.  My other kid got stung a couple weeks ago.  I didn't imagine it and neither did he.  His ear didn't magically swell up on it's own.  Mabey its the power yard tools that are aggravating them?  I don't know.  If you have something informative for the discussion,  I'd like to hear it.  Otherwise fuck off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

bullshit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

Never been stung while mowing or weed eating......
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I have wild bees in a tree in the yard and they never mess with us or the yard guys.....
Are you sure its the honey bees that are getting them?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, good for you sweetheart.  My kid just got stung trimming the hedge in the front yard.  I didn't imagine it and neither did he.  His ear didn't magically swell up on it's own.  Mabey its the power yard tools that are aggravating them?  I don't know.  If you have something informative for the discussion,  I'd like to hear it.  Otherwise fuck off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bullshit

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz5BTNFhwbFUlKBK2Ddh56wNPxFV_tzUmZoUd31BECyv8CGRH4aHMp5qE

Well, good for you sweetheart.  My kid just got stung trimming the hedge in the front yard.  I didn't imagine it and neither did he.  His ear didn't magically swell up on it's own.  Mabey its the power yard tools that are aggravating them?  I don't know.  If you have something informative for the discussion,  I'd like to hear it.  Otherwise fuck off.
Because small pieces or debris have never hit anyone while using a weed eater. Bet it doesn't feel like a bee sting either

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have wild bees in a tree in the yard and they never mess with us or the yard guys.....
View Quote

No, not sure.  I assumed it because the neighbor offered the kids some fresh honey comb last year.  I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Punch the queen in the face then pee on the hive to assert dominance...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#21]
befriend the bees and convince them to turn on their master.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Because small pieces or debris have never hit anyone while using a weed eater. Bet it doesn't feel like a bee sting either  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

Today was while using a hedge trimmer, last time was while mowing.  Back of arm + Ear.  Swelled up good.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u373/gbcop9c1/Mobile%20Uploads/C52A1940-7348-4CEE-9A4A-BFF69EC32FFA_zpslmdjy2og.jpg

this, OP is a moron
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

bullshit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

You sound more than a little defensive here. Is it really so hard to fathom that having colonies of bees next door would result in a higher chance of being stung?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, not sure.  I assumed it because the neighbor offered the kids some fresh honey comb last year.  I don't know for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand your concern and I am allergic to them and paranoid about it.
Yellow jackets seem to be the main culprit around me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

this, OP is a moron
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u373/gbcop9c1/Mobile%20Uploads/C52A1940-7348-4CEE-9A4A-BFF69EC32FFA_zpslmdjy2og.jpg

this, OP is a moron

I have been stung while mowing.
I understand OPs concerns but feel he is looking in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was like 4 years old, used to lay on  a bee hive and watch them go in and out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]
My neighbor two houses down has 2 hives with supers.  

When I'm working in the garden the sound of bees buzzing around is only drowned out by the humming birds going for the flowers on the scarlet runner beans.

I've never been stung and I've got bees landing on my arms at times.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone noticed OP is in Texas? Aren't those bees all partially Africanized by now? If so they won't be as docile as pure honey bees.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, good for you sweetheart.  My kid just got stung trimming the hedge in the front yard.  My other kid got stung a couple weeks ago.  I didn't imagine it and neither did he.  His ear didn't magically swell up on it's own.  Mabey its the power yard tools that are aggravating them?  I don't know.  If you have something informative for the discussion,  I'd like to hear it.  Otherwise fuck off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

Nobody's doubting your kids got stung...but the fact is most bees, wasps and hornets (maybe) in general don't just sting unless you're doing something to provoke them. Period....and please note, this is someone with a phobia of insects like that telling you this. My advise, tell your kids to be more alert and be happy they're not allergic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
]

Today was while using a hedge trimmer, last time was while mowing.  Back of arm + Ear.  Swelled up good.
View Quote

You have hornets. Probable ground hornets if you are mistaking them for honey bees. They will go after you because of vibration and noise. You would not have had more then one sting from a honey bee.
I'm betting you did not find a stinger in you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Oh and IN b4 TBK1
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#35]
This might be helpful if you don't know the difference between the two. Edit- Beat to the punch!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Me tinks all be are Africanized by now. It's still not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Op, sounds like you have some ground dwelling bees. Yellow Jackets or something similar. Honey bees usually won't bother you even when running power equipment. I would suggest talking to the neighbor lady that has the honey bees. She might be able to give you some information about what type of bees your kids have been encountering. If nothing else, she might want to help you get rid of them to keep her bees from being killed off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Op, sounds like you have some ground dwelling bees. Yellow Jackets or something similar. Honey bees usually won't bother you even when running power equipment. I would suggest talking to the neighbor lady that has the honey bees. She might be able to give you some information about what type of bees your kids have been encountering. If nothing else, she might want to help you get rid of them to keep her bees from being killed off.
View Quote

He can't do that...he'd have to admit he was wrong all along.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You have hornets. Probable ground hornets if you are mistaking them for honey bees. They will go after you because of vibration and noise. You would not have had more then one sting from a honey bee.
[/red[red]]I'm betting you did not find a stinger in you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

[/red[red]]I'm betting you did not find a stinger in you

Arm and ear were from separate occasions.  Pulled the stinger out of the ear an hour ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

bullshit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

This. 25 hives not 30 yards from my house AND pool.
2 kids and the diamond the baseball team practices on is a about 20 yards from a hive stand.
Bees do hate vibration....
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could always be wrong.  My pride doesn't supersede my kiddos.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#42]
As someone else stated, noise and vibration will aggravate certain types of bees.  My bet is the power equipment is causing the bees to react.  Whether that is the neighbors bees, or a ground nest of other bees is not clear.

OP, have you tried Global Warming?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#43]
No, but I'm considering powdering my flowers with boric acid.  Internet results appear to be mixed, however.

ETA - The sammich maker is allergic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Your kids are being stung by honey bees?

Unless she's raising africanized bees that's very unusual.   Of the various strains of honey bees raised in the US, most will not sting unless their hive is threatened, or unless you REALLY REALLY fuck with them while they're out harvesting.

I'm around them all the time, and have never been stung by a honey bee.  I've been stung by yellow jackets, wasps, and hornets, and usually because I'm attacking their nest, or didn't see it, but not honey bees.  

If you are having a problem, man up, be a good neighbor, and tell her you're having problems.   Maybe she move the hives further away from your property or something.  Educate your kids not to fuck with bees out foraging.  Honey bees just don't "attack" for no reason.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

Wow did a bee piss in your cheerios too ?

Now, Mr. fucking genius, do you really think that maybe... just fucking maybe... that the power tools did indeed upset the bees, and cause to attack your kids.

Do you normally have this much sand in your vag, that you blindly attack others, and not the person calling BS on you ?

You can have a Coke and a HAM Sammich too.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Did you actually see what stung them?

They were stung by wasps not bees.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

this, OP is a moron
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit

this, OP is a moron

OP has HAM for brains.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top