Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 128
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David14] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Qweevox:
Just like Veronica Sawyer couldn't tell the difference between German ich luge bullets and ordinary 9mm's (poor Ram), most people aren't gun geeks.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bikerdoc:
Just one big sucky season with no hope the second half will be better.
The only redeeming feature of the last episode was Spencer got gutted, and the land whale wont be around to skim food to expand her fat ass.
So many major chararacters to arc and the feature the red shirt nobodies.
A pox on the writers who should eat a big bag of shit and die.
View Quote

Not the best stretch of episodes ever, lol.

But looks like they're setting it up for Carol to kick some ass.  I like to see carol and her SPR put in work.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HungLo:
I think Daryl may cross paths with Dwight, and arrange an internal rebellion at the Sanctuary. I'd think the worker bees would be fed up with bowing down to Negan and getting their faces ironed. Between the 4 communities and a coup, the Saviors would have a real fight.
View Quote

Daryl and Dwight and some of the other guys were exchanging glances during the iron scene that looked like foreshadowing to such an event
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WyattEarp:

Email Mythbusters with the idea!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WyattEarp:
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Im still wondering if a bullet will go through a bat..

Needs a box of truth test.

Email Mythbusters with the idea!

A normal one would, but who knows how hot newgene loaded it.

Also it looked like a soft lead boolit, so less penetration than fmj.

But saami spec 9mm? No way.

At the very least it would splinter lucille
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Maybe Boots had a car or motorcycle and followed them from the houseboat. Maybe he/she just parked at distance and snuck in close.
It's easy to overthink this show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
Originally Posted By Powelligator:

This is one aspect of the show that's been driving me crazy for years, the way some characters can cover massive amounts of ground on foot in a short amount of time.

I just look at it like this - I can suspend belief to a point because come on - zombies can't really walk and hear and smell.  So I also have suspended my belief that walking takes time in their world.  Or maybe the main characters can flap their arms and fly, they just don't do so on camera because the special effects budget would not cover the flight sequences.  Or there might be so many leftover automobiles with fuel in them and keys that one just jumps into any fully working car off camera.  :)

Maybe Boots had a car or motorcycle and followed them from the houseboat. Maybe he/she just parked at distance and snuck in close.
It's easy to overthink this show.

It's the  king riding his tiger. Tigers are fast
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SatelliteMan:

Rick and Arron had a vehicle.  Boots was walking?  How would Boots keep up?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edcurtis] [#7]
Originally Posted By Federov:

http://i.imgur.com/IIFk5EO.jpg
View Quote

So can someone walk 3 miles faster through the woods than a vehicle traveling 55mph over 15 miles.... on a treadmill?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By edcurtis:

So can someone walk 3 miles faster through the woods than a vehicle traveling 55mph over 15 miles.... on a treadmill?
View Quote

Who cleaned up all the cars though?   It's not like the Saviors are doing road work or running a towing service
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Federov:

Who cleaned up all the cars though?   It's not like the Saviors are doing road work or running a towing service
View Quote

That bugs me occasionally as well. Rural Georgia?  Ok, lots of back roads might be clear of cars.

The outskirts of DC? Not so much.

And why is there never winter on the show? Always with the sweltering, sweaty summer.

We all know what a cruel bitch southern ice can be.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:38:24 AM EDT
[#10]

This is one aspect of the show that's been driving me crazy for years, the way some characters can cover massive amounts of ground on foot in a short amount of time.

I just look at it like this - I can suspend belief to a point because come on - zombies can't really walk and hear and smell.  So I also have suspended my belief that walking takes time in their world.  Or maybe the main characters can flap their arms and fly, they just don't do so on camera because the special effects budget would not cover the flight sequences.  Or there might be so many leftover automobiles with fuel in them and keys that one just jumps into any fully working car off camera.  :)
View Quote

OMG. They have Littlefinger's jet pack. Mind. Blown.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

And you need that backwards dipping rock-on-the-heels motion during the emphasis.
View Quote

Cut!

Print it. OK, people, that's a wrap.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Speculation as to who was wearing the boots & spying on ASZ.

Mentions the comics so it could be a spoiler;

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's my thoughts on Boots on the Ground guy.

I think it's directly connected to zombie lake guy and the note. He's the bad news the note referenced.  IE, the whole zombie lake scenario was a trap set by boots boy to find capable victims who would lead him back to their sanctuary where he could then pick them off and take their supplies.

I think he's someone new, a non-comic book character invented for the show. He's a badass, and while his initial plan is to victimize whoever raids the lake, he'll ultimately help rick and company deal with Negan.

Just a theory.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm 50/50 on Wireboots being either an Oceanside scout or the not dead owner of the houseboat cache.

I agree that the over the top signs and layout of the houseboat seemed more like either a trap or a test than the simple "dead ARFCOMer with debarked chihuahua" that it appears on the surface. The whole setup is too convenient and nearly as contrived as the whole "secret cache note in latin" on treestand Grizzly Adams that Spencer magically located through ESP.

The adult in me wants Wireboots to be Oceanside, to draw the stories together faster. The kid in me wants Wireboots to be a new TV character who actually has his shit together and is more or less an ARFCOM mary sue.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd guess boots guy is boat guy. It seems Rick had come and gone by the time boots made the voyage to Alexandria.

I'd like it to be somebody that helps take down Negan.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Click2Boom:

Not the best stretch of episodes ever, lol.

But looks like they're setting it up for Carol to kick some ass.  I like to see carol and her SPR put in work.
View Quote

Was it ever explained how Carol acquired her ninja skills?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
Not the same.  Boot guy has Corcorans, Dwight has Matterhorns.
View Quote

I have no idea what you are talking about but I agree they are different
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By madmathew:

View Quote

When NASA astronaut Carol was severely injured in the crash of an experimental lifting body aircraft, she was "rebuilt" in an operation that costs six million dollars. Her right arm, both legs and the left eye are replaced with "bionic" implants that enhance her strength, speed and vision far above human norms: she can run at speeds of 60 mph (97 km/h), and her eye has a 20:1 zoom lens and infrared capabilities, while her bionic limbs all have the equivalent power of a bulldozer. She used her enhanced abilities to work for the OSI (Office of Scientific Intelligence) as a secret agent.

Or not
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By madmathew:

View Quote

In the space of the week or so between her banishment from the prison and her saving Tyreese and the murder twins in the woods she leveled up several times by using an exploit in the game mechanics. Having not put any of her points into any skills other than Crying and Cooking before this, she dumped all her points into Asymmetrical Warfare and Spycraft. She also took the opportunity to change her class from Homemaker to Special Forces (which allowed her to equip the +2 Sniper Rifle and Gut Poncho of Guile), and changed her alignment from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Neutral.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
When Aaron pulls himself up out of the water and onto the deck of the houseboat there's a very short take with him next to a dead body on the houseboat - which does not wake up and try to bite him.  That indicates a head shot on that particular body.  Was that intended to be the former Captain of the Houseboat that presumably used his last shot to off himself?

If so, then "Boots Person" can't really be the Captain, no?

Also, only two years or so into the zompacalypse and that houseboat was that weathered?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#24]
When Aaron pulls himself up out of the water and onto the deck of the houseboat there's a very short take with him next to a dead body on the houseboat - which does not wake up and try to bite him.  That indicates a head shot on that particular body.  Was that intended to be the former Captain of the Houseboat that presumably used his last shot to off himself?

If so, then "Boots Person" can't really be the Captain, no?

Also, only two years or so into the zompacalypse and that houseboat was that weathered?
View Quote

That's who I took the corpse to be as well.  He was wearing some tactical shit.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cobalty2004:
Few things I didn't like about the episode:
  • Don't think a cheek-shot would kill someone DRT
  • Beretta Michonne had did not have a TB
  • 1911, Springfield? during the whole pool table scene did not have the hammer cocked
View Quote

No telling where the bullet goes as soon as it hits tissue.  Round to the face could absolutely kill her DRT.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone can make a bullet.  But only God can make a primer.

I for one am looking forward to seeing Negan try to stop an 800 pound Siberian tiger with a baseball bat wrapped in wire.  If I were a writer, that is where the story would go.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LibertyShip:
Anyone can make a bullet.  But only God can make a primer.

I for one am looking forward to seeing Negan try to stop an 800 pound Siberian tiger with a baseball bat wrapped in wire.  If I were a writer, that is where the story would go.
View Quote

It is possible to "reload" a primer.  You remove a spent primer, take out the anvil, mix crushed match heads with the scraped off red phosphorus found on the match book striker, pound the dent out of the primer cup, insert the mixture and reinsert the anvil.

I've tried it.  Not terribly reliable, but sort of works.  Never actually loaded a full round mind you, just set primer off.  I think you could make it work with some trial and error.  

You can do the same thing with kid's cap gun caps.

Or you can get real adventurous and make homemade mercury fulminate - I'm not entirely sure that is legal, and I know it damn sure isn't safe, but it is possible.  There are a few crazy bastards on youtube with videos, and that is about as close as I want to that kettle of fish.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Hmm.  Didn't know that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By LibertyShip:
Hmm.  Didn't know that.
View Quote

Here this is better than my explanation:

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By makintrax73:

Here this is better than my explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_7LWCFH5Gc
View Quote

Was gonna post that. Grant is one of my favorite YouTube channels. He does some cool and easy things that could be very beneficial at times or just fun to do with the kids. I've got the stuff to make his sugar rocket motors ready to assemble.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sircam671:

No telling where the bullet goes as soon as it hits tissue.  Round to the face could absolutely kill her DRT.
View Quote

Wasn't she hit high on the cheek from somebody standing several feet lower? Add a rearward head tilt and you've got a direct line to DRT.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]
If Dwight is primarily responsible for Daryl at the Sanctuary, and Daryl escapes, I would not want to be Dwight when Negan gets back.  

I don't know if that makes Dwight the BootMan.  But it would make sense.  Although it wouldn't explain why Dwight would be at the houseboat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

When NASA astronaut Carol was severely injured in the crash of an experimental lifting body aircraft, she was "rebuilt" in an operation that costs six million dollars. Her right arm, both legs and the left eye are replaced with "bionic" implants that enhance her strength, speed and vision far above human norms: she can run at speeds of 60 mph (97 km/h), and her eye has a 20:1 zoom lens and infrared capabilities, while her bionic limbs all have the equivalent power of a bulldozer. She used her enhanced abilities to work for the OSI (Office of Scientific Intelligence) as a secret agent.

Or not
View Quote

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Wonder why TWD's ratings are going down?

People whined about it being too intense for TV so they decided to edit it & take out the stuff that is the reason we watch the show.

Fat Joe says his whole death scene was cut out;

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2016/12/15/the-walking-dead-removed-more-violent-takes-from-midseason-7-fin/

I wonder what else they cut out & replaced with filler for all the other episodes...
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:40:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spartacus2002] [#35]
did I hear something wrong during the episode where Carl is at the Sanctuary? I could have SWORN Negan called the big guy "Fat Joseph" instead of Fat Joey.

ETA:  Just rewatched that scene, he did.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
did I hear something wrong during the episode where Carl is at the Sanctuary? I could have SWORN Negan called the big guy "Fat Joseph" instead of Fat Joey.

View Quote

[Not sure if serious]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By recoiljunky:

[Not sure if serious]
View Quote

While doing a Negan lean +1
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JsARCLIGHT] [#39]
View Quote

I've seen some folks saying she could shoot both shows concurrently as TWD is a summer shoot and Star Trek is rumored to be a fall / winter shoot. Folks were also saying the same thing about Norman Reedus when he had his stinker biker reality show, and he is still around.

Then again TWD is cast heavy and the upcoming conflict should be ordering body bags.

I was thinking Tara was going to fill the Holly role in the upcoming storylines, but I wonder if they are going to make it Sasha instead now... it "fits" better with Sasha if they keep the comics story structure. That means they are going to have to just push Tara into traffic in some other way.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#40]

In the space of the week or so between her banishment from the prison and her saving Tyreese and the murder twins in the woods she leveled up several times by using an exploit in the game mechanics. Having not put any of her points into any skills other than Crying and Cooking before this, she dumped all her points into Asymmetrical Warfare and Spycraft. She also took the opportunity to change her class from Homemaker to Special Forces (which allowed her to equip the +2 Sniper Rifle and Gut Poncho of Guile), and changed her alignment from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Neutral.
View Quote

That's good stuff right there.  I suspect you and I had similar hobbies growing up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#41]

How long can the Walking Dead continue?  I know the comics are still being written, but comics don't have the limitation of actors getting older.  Isn't Carl already dramatically older than comic character Carl?  What about Rick?  Andrew Lincoln was in his mid 30's when the show started, now he's in his early 40's.  How old is the Comic's Rick?  

What's realistic for the show, another 5 or 6 years?   Has anyone connected with the show talked about when it might end?

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I hope so - I've been waiting for her to die for a while.
Her character sucks & has no where to go.

They can slip Carol right into her position.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Why did the redhead want Michonne to kill her?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Qweevox:

How long can the Walking Dead continue?  I know the comics are still being written, but comics don't have the limitation of actors getting older.  Isn't Carl already dramatically older than comic character Carl?  What about Rick?  Andrew Lincoln was in his mid 30's when the show started, now he's in his early 40's.  How old is the Comic's Rick?  

What's realistic for the show, another 5 or 6 years?   Has anyone connected with the show talked about when it might end?
View Quote

In theory any TV show can continue forever, in example The Simpsons. In reality, every TV show loses steam before the 8th to 10th season and just starts to recycle ideas, recycle characters or fall prey to cheesy TV tropes like crossovers, dream sequence episodes, "very special" episodes, or the much hated name brand guest star of the episode episodes. The other death knell of a popular TV show is money... as a show gets popular, the cast and creators want more money to keep doing it (capitalism). And this is accomplished by the network raising the price of ad time during the popular show. Eventually they reach a cap... the viewer numbers peak and they can only charge so much per slot, which means the show eventually reaches "peak ad revenue". Soon after this point ratings drop, ad prices drop, revenue drops and the show becomes unsustainable... and they end it. Good shows will go out on a high note... bad shows will be taken limping behind the barn to have their brains blown out unceremoniously.

I firmly believe Walking Dead will go out on a high note. They will end the show in a way that enables AMC to advertise the hell out of "the final season" to milk the final drops out of the cow. But I think that point is a variable right now. I don't think the show runners have an actual endgame in mind. Kirkman has said on multiple occasions that his "fantasy" is a never-ending zombie show... one that much like its monsters just keeps on shambling. And from what I've seen of Kirkman's other creative efforts, Walking Dead is his magnum opus and I don't see him branching out into anything else of worth. I think as long as he keeps getting checks, he will keep making Walking Dead comics. And those comics will provide fodder for a show.

As for the passage of time in the comics, the comics "cheat"... a LOT.

From the beginning to "now" in the comics, only about 1.75 years have passed. Coral is still a "child" of around 10 or 11... Rick is still in his 30s. And outside of variations in hair length, facial hair and wounds, Rick and Coral look virtually THE SAME as they did in issue one as they do "now". as Indiana Jones said it isn't the age its the mileage... Rick and Coral in the comics are beat to shit and look it... but they are a "young" beat to shit if that makes any sense.

(what follows are comics spoilers but I will try to speak in non-specific generalities as much as possible)

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JsARCLIGHT] [#45]
Originally Posted By sircam671:
Why did the redhead want Michonne to kill her?
View Quote

I don't think Red "wanted to die" as much as she realized that she (Red) was in a non-survive situation.

If she continued to drive and showed Michonne right where the Savior's compound was (and she somehow lived) Negan would most likely kill her for aiding Michonne (probably in a pretty brutal way). Or he might harm or kill her friends or family. Or if she survived and returned to the compound without her gun and vehicle, the Saviors would ask questions and she would again either wind up dead or demoted to "the fence" or worse.

And if she refuses to show Michonne where the compound is, Michonne will kill her. Likewise Michonne will kill her anyway to prevent her from reporting Michonne's plans.

I imagine Red told Michonne about the suppressor simply to encourage her to shoot her in the head, rather than kill her in some other more painful way. The whole line of dialogue read like "just go ahead and shoot me already" to me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:

View Quote

Meh, Berenstein, Berenstain.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#47]
[Negan] Fat. JOE  ey [/Negan]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#48]

I don't think Red "wanted to die" as much as she realized that she (Red) was in a non-survive situation.

If she continued to drive and showed Michonne right where the Savior's compound was (and she somehow lived) Negan would most likely kill her for aiding Michonne (probably in a pretty brutal way). Or he might harm or kill her friends or family. Or if she survived and returned to the compound without her gun and vehicle, the Saviors would ask questions and she would again either wind up dead or demoted to "the fence" or worse.

And if she refuses to show Michonne where the compound is, Michonne will kill her. Likewise Michonne will kill her anyway to prevent her from reporting Michonne's plans.

I imagine Red told Michonne about the suppressor simply to encourage her to shoot her in the head, rather than kill her in some other more painful way. The whole line of dialogue read like "just go ahead and shoot me already" to me.
View Quote

I got the impression that she indeed recognized the dead end she found herself in. No real recourse. She also looked pretty resigned, I figure anyone at this point in the poxyclypse has lost just about everyone and everything and is living a pretty bleak existence. You have to figure life with Negan, even in his most favored inner circle, is pretty bad. In fact Negan uses almost the only leverage left: threat of harm to loved ones.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Good shows will go out on a high note... bad shows will be taken limping behind the barn to have their brains blown out unceremoniously.

I firmly believe Walking Dead will go out on a high note.
View Quote

Its going to take a lot to get to that "high note", as its currently suffering from your aforementioned "limping" description...that being said, the mid season finale was much better than most of the episodes this season, so maybe the 2nd half will continue improving.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Fat Joe! Fatty Joseph! The Joemeister! Fat Joey! Gettin' his head bashed in with a piiiiiiipe.

Fat Jooooooe.
Page / 128
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top