Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2016 4:57:57 PM EDT
Haven't reloaded in years since I moved out of my parents house. Have a single stage press and all the gear to do it but space is limited especially with a young one running around. Any ideas for a bench I can pull out and set up in the living room to reload? Not doing bulk rifle or pistol anymore. Just hunting rounds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
i i don`t have pix, but a coupla times I have seen portable setups that were a steel car rim on the floor with a vertical pipe
running up about four feet or so and a welded steel platform of about a square foot to bolt the press to.  Place the foot on the
rim to hold it while you set primers. Every thing else could set on a nearby table. When not using it, roll it out to the garage or closet.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bolt your reloader to a chunk of wood and clamp it to any solid table/desk op...
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a massive thread about Reloading Benches that used to be tacked to the top. Scattered through the pages are several portable and temporary solutions.

This is what I made work for almost 5 years.  I probably cranked out 10K of .40 S&W and probably half that in .223.  

Reloading Bench Thread

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a massive thread about Reloading Benches that used to be tacked to the top. Scattered through the pages are several portable and temporary solutions.

This is what I made work for almost 5 years.  I probably cranked out 10K of .40 S&W and probably half that in .223.  

Reloading Bench Thread

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3504/3267785117_c7fff89c69_o.jpg
View Quote

Very nice. Have a link for that cart? Is it stable as you operate the lever?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The Black and Decker work mate is pretty popular. Workmate. I remember a few people using them in the reloading bench thread.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Google that for me....

No harm intended . I just wanted to try doing that!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Frankford Arsenal makes a nice one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a trailer hitch mounted table and used to process brass in the parking lot at work
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I us d a black and decker work mate for a while, cut a piece of 3/4 plywood and clamp to the top and it's good to go.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very nice. Have a link for that cart? Is it stable as you operate the lever?
View Quote

Is stable loading pistol and .223, even on the carpet.  Decapping and sizing 30-06 is another matter.  Even on a tile or concrete floor, it rocks and shakes when decapping and sizing on the 30-06

The press is attached with 3/8' toggle bolts and there is a 3/4" sheet of plywood attached to the top of the WorkMate with 3'8" toggle bolts as well.  There are also holes to mount my case trimmer on the size opposite the press.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Northern tool sells a folding table made by keeter that folds up very well and has clamps that lock into the top.

http://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200586789_200586789?hotline=false

I use one for a router table and pocket joint jig base amount other things. I just made a 2x4 base for them that the clamps hold in the table.

Might be an option for a single stage press.

All my wood working tools are setup to fold up into a very small space when not in use and a lot of them revolve around this table
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:52:39 AM EDT
[#12]
pelican mobile office
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Black and Decker work mate is pretty popular. Workmate. I remember a few people using them in the reloading bench thread.
View Quote

This, I have a dedicated bench but if I want to work up loads in the field, it works just fine, and if your limited on space it will work for you as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#14]
This is my poor man's setup. It's slow but gets the job done. It uses a lee single stage press and I recently added a powder dumper to speed up the process. If I am popping out primers I will just sit on the floor, any thing else I will C-clamp it to the counter/table top.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just bolt your reloader to a chunk of wood and clamp it to any solid table/desk op...
View Quote

That is my exact solution.  I reload twice/three times a year on my progressive Lee.  Almost all  my gear is stored in a small, wheeled steamer trunk. Trunk is stored in a closet when not in use. A 2x6 plank is clamped down to my kitchen table (underside is buffered with carboard to protect the table) and the press is attached to the plank. Trunk is near the table during reloading. Only things not in the trunk are powder, plank, spent brass containers and tumbler.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.thenewrifleman.com/the-apartment-dwellers-reloading-guide/

Sorry, folks, haven't figured out hotlinking on arfcom phone edition yet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I us d a black and decker work mate for a while, cut a piece of 3/4 plywood and clamp to the top and it's good to go.
View Quote

I've done the same, works nicely.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Frankfort Arsenal, most of my loading is done on this.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Black and Decker Workmate
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I reload 12ga about once a year. My press is attached to a piece of 5/4 in scrap oak stair tread. I just clamp it to my bench when time comes. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Put a cloth under the board if you're worried about messing up the table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top