Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 12/30/2016 10:21:11 AM EDT
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/312132-fbi-dhs-release-report-on-russia-hacking

Is this a joke?  There are 2 pages of 13 saying the hacks happened and when, then they say the Russian did it, and then 8 pages of generic hacking techniques and general practices to avoid.  Probably cut and pasted from a 101 intro lecture on cyber security.

It's not working.  I am not infuriated at the Russians for hacking the DNC and Podesta and passing the results to the press.  I didn't vote for Hillary and I am glad someone did hack and allow the truth to get out on the skulduggery that the DNC had going on.   I don't even think this angers the idiots who were manipulated by the massive sums of money spent to influence their views by large financial players and the massive false news campaigns led by CNN, MSNBC, to push false accusations of groping and sexual assault.  

According to the the narrative, any one who's pulls back the curtain on the Great and Powerful Oz is an enemy of the state and threat to national security.  Where is Julian Assange today ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably still in that embassy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, this has to be a joke.

Surely these people are not this incompetent.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You can only live off of reputation for so long before the infection of federal policies takes hold.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Ironically that site has so many popups I'm afraid to download the PDF
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

When one has nothing, anything will do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally, I could make up a more plausible story and write up a better paper than that in less than two hours.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

It may be that they think the public in general is incompetent/ stupid.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bread and circus.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow that's some attribution  "APT28 is Russian".  I would think that in order to really call it attribution you would have an actor or group that you could definitively name.

Also are they saying that Grizzly Steppe is APT28 and APT29 or what?  They just have a couple of graphics with no explination.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which proves beyond all reasonable doubt how stupid and incompetent THEY are.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Fake news, report it to the pimp and cat lady for verification.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I find it disgusting how the Democrat Party blathers on about how the Republicans are in bed with Vladimir Putin and the Russian government...  Blah blah blah...  Republicans are a threat the US soverienty...  blah blah blah  ....  Republicans promote terrorism...  blah blah blah...

No, you fucking morons.  We just understand that the Democrat Party is a much greater threat to the United States of America than Russia.  

Democrats are importing terrorists, not Russia.
Democrats are destroying the economy, not Russia.
Democrats are destroying healthcare, not the Russians.
Democrats blame America for the entire world's problems, not Russia.
Democrats seek to diminish the status and power of the United States.  If anything, THEY are colluding with Russia to accomplish that goal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
So basically 1 sentence of "It was the Russians because we say so" followed by 2 pages of "They tricked people into clicking malicious links" and then 11 pages of what can only be described as a summary of a corporate security compliance training video.

Nice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#14]
They literally invaded their safe space. LOL

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bread and circus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bread and circus.

Lunchbox and tractor.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They literally invaded their safe space. LOL

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/238400/Untitled-116657.jpg
View Quote

Oh.  My.  God.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I find it disgusting how the Democrat Party blathers on about how the Republicans are in bed with Vladimir Putin and the Russian government...  Blah blah blah...  Republicans are a threat the US soverienty...  blah blah blah  ....  Republicans promote terrorism...  blah blah blah...

No, you fucking morons.  We just understand that the Democrat Party is a much greater threat to the United States of America than Russia.  

Democrats are importing terrorists, not Russia.
Democrats are destroying the economy, not Russia.
Democrats are destroying healthcare, not the Russians.
Democrats blame America for the entire world's problems, not Russia.
Democrats seek to diminish the status and power of the United States.  If anything, THEY are colluding with Russia to accomplish that goal.
View Quote

MFNI

I, for one, could care less what group/country/ or whom hacked the DNC and Hitlery's email.
You showed us the true face of the DNC.

Thank you

The funny part is, our gov is getting their panties in a wad about it.  About being exposed, not about the massive levels of corruption.

And all that has happened, yet, is they lost an election.

No heads have rolled. No one has been executed except by Hitlery, but none of that matters.  

The Russians showed us our own corruption within our gov.  Heaven forbid...
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#20]
So Russia allegedly suckers DNC uses a technique any cyber-savvy teenager could pull off, revealing corruption within the group while leaving a traceable trail?

C'mon, FBI! Just how stupid and gullible do you think we are?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#21]
They gave it a code name "Grizzle Steppe" and released a "report" so the MSM can repeat that over and over on the evening news to the Hillary faithful. If they didn't release a "report" to back up their claims they'd never be believed again, especially after Putin challenged them to release the information. 

They released it with the code name, knowing that the report will be repeated by the MSM and read by almost no one. What's important to them is FEELZ over facts, and this report satisfies their FEELZ so they can say they have "proof" of Russian involvement. Sad when this kind of obvious "filler" is actually treated as legitimate. 
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I know jack shit about hacking computers, and I could have done a better job and would have made it much more believable.  Geez, there are proposed statutes that do absolutely NOTHING that are three to four times longer than this BS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at who the general public elects, and gets their information from.  They are that stupid, most Americans are functionally retarded.

Once the MSM broadcasts this report, in 80% of the public's mind, this will be official, and questioning it will make you a conspiracy nut.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I skimmed through it expecting something that I might be able to say yeah smoking gun. Not that most of us would really be able to. But it didn't give me an OMG moment. We know they are always trying to get in our stuff and vice versa. I think it has more to do with them trying to make the Trump win illegitimate.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So Russia allegedly suckers DNC uses a technique any cyber-savvy teenager could pull off, revealing corruption within the group while leaving a traceable trail?

View Quote

This isn't true.  Read some of the open-source reporting about the DNC hack before posting such nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Screw the hacks, how about some RICO charges for conspiring to interfere with an election.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This isn't true.  Read some of the open-source reporting about the DNC hack before posting such nonsense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you referring to the fact that Podesta's password was p@ssword on his gmail account?

The DNC was probably hacked.  Probably hacked by a hundred agencies.  Nothing has been advanced to prove any Russian involvement, and no logical reasoning has been advanced for any reason why the Russians would want Trump to win over Hillary, or how releasing some DNC emails could have done anything to accomplish that.

If you want to blame someone for electing Trump, blame Comey, and blame Hillary herself for her state department emails.  That's what sunk her, not the DNC hacks -- if they even occurred.  It's more likely that Seth Rich or some other disgruntled insider handed the emails to wikileaks just like assange says happened.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#28]
So they are mad that the truth of their corruption has been exposed, and now they need a scapegoat and a way to delegitimize Trump's win.

Brought to us by the same people who gave us the airport meeting between Bill Clinton and lynch, the Benghazi cover up, using the IRS as a political weapon, fast and furious gun running, destabilizing egypt, libya, and syria, meddling in Israel's presidential election, and changing the rules to get obola care passed.

If they were interested in the sanctity of democratic elections why did they conspire against their commie fellow traveller Bernie.

These people are totally full of shit and have no integrity.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/312132-fbi-dhs-release-report-on-russia-hacking

Is this a joke?  There are 2 pages of 13 saying the hacks happened and when, then they say the Russian did it, and then 8 pages of generic hacking techniques and general practices to avoid.  Probably cut and pasted from a 101 intro lecture on cyber security.

It's not working.  I am not infuriated at the Russians for hacking the DNC and Podesta and passing the results to the press.  I didn't vote for Hillary and I am glad someone did hack and allow the truth to get out on the skulduggery that the DNC had going on.   I don't even think this angers the idiots who were manipulated by the massive sums of money spent to influence their views by large financial players and the massive false news campaigns led by CNN, MSNBC, to push false accusations of groping and sexual assault.  

According to the the narrative, any one who's pulls back the curtain on the Great and Powerful Oz is an enemy of the state and threat to national security.  Where is Julian Assange today ?
View Quote

It is quite a stretch. I read it last night. The key was that being duped by a phishing email is now some form of sophisticated hacking and you need to deploy all those "best practices" (looked like something every security vendor gives to their customers).  The YARA signature was a nice touch. It basically matches any cookie with ._de in it that is between 20 and 22KB.  This is a very low quality signature.
This was published as a political tool, to prove they have evidence pointing to Russia. Instead it showed the following about whoever may have "done" it.

They used spearphishing, like every other hacker ever.
They broadly targeted 1,000 targets, like every other hacker ever.
They used URL encoding, like every other hacker ever (it helps hook the phish).
They exfiltrate information, like every other hacker ever.
They use the exfiltrated information and credentials to further craft targeted spearphishing attacks, like every other hacker ever.
They establish command/control nodes, like every other hacker ever.
They obfuscate their source infrastructure, like every other hacker ever. (I assume this means that they’re accessing their command/control nodes through one or more proxies, like every other hacker ever.)

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wow that's some attribution  "APT28 is Russian". I would think that in order to really call it attribution you would have an actor or group that you could definitively name.

Also are they saying that Grizzly Steppe is APT28 and APT29 or what?  They just have a couple of graphics with no explination.
View Quote

Classified. I'm actually surprised they listed as many threat actors as they did.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The people running this operation know that the vast majority of people will not read the "report".
Some will see a headline and perhaps read a paragraph or two. Others will hear a 30 announcement on the TV "news".
The headline and the announcement will say We're at War With Eastasia! Government Proves that Russians Hacked the Election!
That's as much as most will ever know.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you referring to the fact that Podesta's password was p@ssword on his gmail account?

The DNC was probably hacked.  Probably hacked by a hundred agencies.  Nothing has been advanced to prove any Russian involvement, and no logical reasoning has been advanced for any reason why the Russians would want Trump to win over Hillary, or how releasing some DNC emails could have done anything to accomplish that.

If you want to blame someone for electing Trump, blame Comey, and blame Hillary herself for her state department emails.  That's what sunk her, not the DNC hacks -- if they even occurred.  It's more likely that Seth Rich or some other disgruntled insider handed the emails to wikileaks just like assange says happened.
View Quote

Podesta's account was compromised by a spear-phishing attack. The strength of his password was immaterial because it was unknown to the attacker prior to the hack.  Unless you know a way to brute-force a Gmail password -without- getting the account locked by Google in the process.  If you do, there's probably a keynote speaker position at this year's DefCon for you...

As for the red, read the Crowdstrike report HERE.  They are the incident response company that responded to the DNC hack.  They found evidence of two different Russian APT groups inside the DNC server system dating back to late 2015.  These conclusions were matched by 2 additional incident response companies and match the conclusions that were reached by the joint FBI / DHS / ONI report that was released yesterday.  There's other open-source information linking the various Russian-language APT groups to Russian intelligence services like the GRU and FSB.  One report can be found HERE taking about the various "Dukes" groups (which is another name for the "CozyBear" group).

I'm not "blaming" anyone for electing Trump.  My position is rather nuanced:  Did the Russian government attempt to influence the US election?  Sure.  Plenty of evidence points that way.  Did the Russian actually change the outcome of the election?  No. The DNC running a terrible candidate who ran a terrible campaign far outweighed anything the Russians did.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So they are mad that the truth of their corruption has been exposed, and now they need a scapegoat and a way to delegitimize Trump's win.

Brought to us by the same people who gave us the airport meeting between Bill Clinton and lynch, the Benghazi cover up, using the IRS as a political weapon, fast and furious gun running, destabilizing egypt, libya, and syria, meddling in Israel's presidential election, and changing the rules to get obola care passed.

If they were interested in the sanctity of democratic elections why did they conspire against their commie fellow traveller Bernie.

View Quote

If someone disagrees with this I would love to hear why?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the concepts are not mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I am not sold on Russia having something to do with the DNC hack/leaks. The problem is the MSM and Democrats are conflating the DNC hack with hacking election results, which is bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or that the American people are just too fat, dumb, and happy to care.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

NMCI...
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Podesta's account was compromised by a spear-phishing attack. The strength of his password was immaterial because it was unknown to the attacker prior to the hack.  Unless you know a way to brute-force a Gmail password -without- getting the account locked by Google in the process.  If you do, there's probably a keynote speaker position at this year's DefCon for you...

As for the red, read the Crowdstrike report HERE.  They are the incident response company that responded to the DNC hack.  They found evidence of two different Russian APT groups inside the DNC server system dating back to late 2015.  These conclusions were matched by 2 additional incident response companies and match the conclusions that were reached by the joint FBI / DHS / ONI report that was released yesterday.  There's other open-source information linking the various Russian-language APT groups to Russian intelligence services like the GRU and FSB.  One report can be found HERE taking about the various "Dukes" groups (which is another name for the "CozyBear" group).

I'm not "blaming" anyone for electing Trump.  My position is rather nuanced:  Did the Russian government attempt to influence the US election?  Sure.  Plenty of evidence points that way.  Did the Russian actually change the outcome of the election?  No. The DNC running a terrible candidate who ran a terrible campaign far outweighed anything the Russians did.
View Quote

I don't think it's all that nuanced a position -- it's a pretty logical one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain this joint FBI/DHS/ONI report.  If you're actually talking about this 13 page pile of shit we're discussing and calling this a "report", you shouldn't be pontificating here.  That's not a "report".  It's a piece of shit written by incompetent people who were told to make some shit up.  

I don't frankly give a fuck if the DNC was "hacked" by any means.  I'm sure they were, and it probably wasn't just the russians if anyone ever actually proves the Russians did have anything to do with it.  They're incompetent and criminal, and their gmail accounts (as you say) had nothing to do with winning or losing the election.

The story you're falling for here is that the Russians "hacked the election", and that story is false and has one goal -- delegitimizing the guy who won the election on the eve of his inauguration as the current administration tries their damnedest to start a fucking war with Russia on their way out the door.  

BTW, I don't give a fuck what Crowdstrike was paid to say by the DNC.  Maybe it's accurate and maybe it's not.  Democrats lie -- that's been proven over and over and over during this election cycle in case anyone hadn't figured that out before.

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am not sold on Russia having something to do with the DNC hack/leaks. The problem is the MSM and Democrats are conflating the DNC hack with hacking election results, which is bullshit.
View Quote

The .gov agencies and the private security firms that have investigated it all agree it was Russian.  I absolutely agree with your second sentence.  There's been no suggestion of actual votes being tampered with but some of the media have certainly tried to spin it that way.  Ultimately, Hillary lost because people didn't like her.  Compare the voter turnout to the last two elections and you'll see the D's didn't show up.  That's what happens when you run a candidate as corrupt and horrible as she is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

NMCI...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NMCI...

You shut your mouth with that bullshit.  If I never hear that acronym again it will be too soon.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Literally, I could make up a more plausible story and write up a better paper than that in less than two hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These guys are doing this shit in order to get onto some lefty Not for profit slush fund  NGO board and draw a 6 figure check for doing nothing, once their career ends, shortly after Trump is sworn in. This is all political theater.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

The whole story was published in June....with more info

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-government-hackers-penetrated-dnc-stole-opposition-research-on-trump/2016/06/14/cf006cb4-316e-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html?utm_term=.6209b35722ae
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently not incompetent.....just could or would not come up with enough total bullshit to support the story and retain any level of credibility.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Its not the Russians.  This has more to do with Barret Brown, Anonymous and a private war between them and the White house.  Anonymous and their ilk see themselves as fighting the good fight when they expose the .gov doing dirty deeds.  When the feds went after people exposing what was going on, Anonymous took that as a challenge.

Its kind of like the sillyness with ISIS.  ISIS and Anonymous say they are going to attack, the do attack, take credit for the attack but then our glorious leader says its someone else, aka a lone radicalized individual or the Russians.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am not infuriated at the Russians for hacking the DNC and Podesta and passing the results to the press.
View Quote

Then you are a fool.
You should hate the Russians every bit as much.
They are out to fuck us harder at least as hard as the Dems.

The enemy of your enemy is still your goddamned enemy.

Fuck Putin.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Then you are a fool.

Fuck Putin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not infuriated at the Russians for hacking the DNC and Podesta and passing the results to the press.

Then you are a fool.

Fuck Putin.

I'm not convinced that the Russians hacked the DNC.

But be sure to buy that anger at Russia hook, line, and sinker.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I forgot to mention Hector Monsegur, the FBI informant that ratted on the hackers....

It also got hairy after the hackers uncovered Trapwire, kind of where the war started I think.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The .gov agencies and the private security firms that have investigated it all agree it was Russian.  I absolutely agree with your second sentence.  There's been no suggestion of actual votes being tampered with but some of the media have certainly tried to spin it that way.  Ultimately, Hillary lost because people didn't like her.  Compare the voter turnout to the last two elections and you'll see the D's didn't show up.  That's what happens when you run a candidate as corrupt and horrible as she is.
View Quote

I'll admit that I haven't read all of the reports.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top