Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Now I want a Corvette. It probably wouldn't be well suited to the dirt road I live on though. My wife said I could buy one until she heard that the one I would want is north $100k. She thinks I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

Them things are bad ass!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I read an article once where the Z06 was compared to a high end Ferrari.  In it with a professional driver it was competitive both straight line and lap times.  I passed it along to a friend of mine who used to race F3 and has owned Ferraris and Lambos and assorted other supercars.  In his opinion the Vette is seriously underpriced for it's performance.  Having said that he noted that the vette is only competitive with a Ferrari in the hands of a professional driver.  It is harder to get those lap times than with the Ferrari.

In the hands of a layman driver (most if us) he said the Ferrari would be faster on a track.  But, since we would almost never make any of them reach their limits why pay more for the Ferrari?  He does because a vette isn't much cheaper in the Channel Islands.  

As to this video I love that sound.  Just this morning I was looking at used Z06s and drooling.  Dayum.  I'm too old for a midlife crisis.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is this "the Z06 is a straight line car" coming from?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

I saw this race a Lamborghini and got spanked.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Corvette does 1/4 mile at 118 mph.  Most modern Lambos do the 1/4 mile at 130.  

This was NOT a supercharged vette.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Put a blower on a head/cam stock internal LS7 and have at it. Report back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol....a head/cam motor is maxed  Thats news to me.

Put a blower on a head/cam stock internal LS7 and have at it. Report back

There are plenty of boosted LS7's running around.  6-700whp isn't a problem and you aren't going to get there with heads/cam.  Will it hold as much as a LS2 or LS3 probably not.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think that Lambo driver was giving it his all!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Noticed a conspicuous lack of turns... that definitely favors the 'vette....
View Quote

And you'd be mistaken about that...
https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

This list shows the C6 Z06 doing the Nurburgring in 7:22, while the Lambo Murcielago, which is what is the video, doing it in 7:40.  Supposedly, the new C7 Z06 with the Z07 Aero Package did it in 6:59 in 2015 according to these guys.  If that's true, it puts the Z06 up there with the Porsche 918, LaFerrari and McLaren P1.  The difference is that those three exotics are all around 1 million bucks vs 100 grand for the Vette...
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This list shows the C6 Z06 doing the Nurburgring in 7:22, while the Lambo Murcielago, which is what is the video, doing it in 7:40.  Supposedly, the new C7 Z06 with the Z07 Aero Package did it in 6:59 in 2015 according tothese guys.  If that's true, it puts the Z06 up there with the Porsche 918, LaFerrari and McLaren P1.  The difference is that those three exotics are all around 1 million bucks vs 100 grand for the Vette...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This list shows the C6 Z06 doing the Nurburgring in 7:22, while the Lambo Murcielago, which is what is the video, doing it in 7:40.  Supposedly, the new C7 Z06 with the Z07 Aero Package did it in 6:59 in 2015 according tothese guys.  If that's true, it puts the Z06 up there with the Porsche 918, LaFerrari and McLaren P1.  The difference is that those three exotics are all around 1 million bucks vs 100 grand for the Vette...

But, but, but, the Corvette can't turn!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stopped the pull. Takes power to pull on someone who already has the jump.

A NA head/cam C6 Z06 can outpull most everything. Motor is kind of maxed out at that point though and would need some serious internal work to take it to next level.
View Quote
Are we talking the titanium rod, sodium valve, dry sump engine?  The internals are just fine, the machining on the heads is a little suspect...  IF you fix the issues there is plenty of head room on the stock internals.   I guess it depends on what you think the "next level" is...over a grand...yeah you'd be right.  But is wouldn't just be the engine that would need help at that point.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some none car guys in this thread think just because it's a Lambo means it's better and also thinking that's a regular vette.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are built for different specialized purposes.  Straight line acceleration favors the vette.  Twists and turns favors the lambo.  No surprise there.  Just like having the same vette race a Konigseg.   Built for different purposes.
View Quote
A Z06 will handle with the best of them.  These aren't you're daddy's stingrays.  Given that Lambos are mostly all wheel drive I'd argue that you have it backwards, the Vette will probably out turn the bull, the bull would nuke it from a standing start.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Seeing this makes me love my vette, even more.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where is this "the Z06 is a straight line car" coming from?
View Quote

People that  know nothing about cars and think the more expensive the better.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are we talking the titanium rod, sodium valve, dry sump engine?  The internals are just fine, the machining on the heads is a little suspect...  IF you fix the issues there is plenty of head room on the stock internals.   I guess it depends on what you think the "next level" is...over a grand...yeah you'd be right.  But is wouldn't just be the engine that would need help at that point.
View Quote

Interesting. Ive always read the sleeves are too thin for any kind of boost in LS7.

Maybe thats old info I dunno.

Either way a head/cam LS7 would be amazing power for the street.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Just like when Top Gear reviewed the Vette they said it wasn't a hillbilly horrid anymore and it ate a Porsche caymen for lunch on the track
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They are built for different specialized purposes.  Straight line acceleration favors the vette.  Twists and turns favors the lambo.  No surprise there.  Just like having the same vette race a Konigseg.   Built for different purposes.
View Quote

Have you looked at the Nürburgring lap times or are you just talking out of your ass?

18. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
7:22.68

23. Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
7:25.00

51. Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There are plenty of boosted LS7's running around.  6-700whp isn't a problem and you aren't going to get there with heads/cam.  Will it hold as much as a LS2 or LS3 probably not.
View Quote

I've got an LS7 based engine that made 705 at the flywheel and 599 at the wheels through an automatic with a 4000 stall converter. Its a very nasty NA engine and the way it is couldn't be boosted but would love some nitrous. I believe the LS2 and LS3 blocks are stronger than the LS7 but the LS7 comes with a larger bore If I were to build a boosted engine from scratch it wouldn't be with an LS7 block. Have a Heartbeat Magnacharger on my stock bottom H/C LS3 also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Certainly made the guy in the Lambo look stupid.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I ran to the store on my 50cc scooter to buy some 6 packs. The beer store is near an area of town with some high end car dealerships, MB Porsche ect.

Passed a Ferrari doing about 43mph, wish I had video of that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a wealthy relative who owns both the Lambo & a New Vette (His sons drive a Bentley & 911) he & both my nephews love the Vette. He was very surprised by how good a car the Vette is, he mentioned how he likes the electronic controls of the Vette & how the push of a button really changes the personality of the car.
View Quote

a former neighbor worked for a billionaire who had a stable of toys he drove every once in a while.

he drove my then-new C6 and mentioned that it was way more pleasant to drive than his former boss's Ferraris. The seating position and ride were specifically mentioned, as was the efficient AC on a TX summer day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, but you know the Lambo gets you a higher class of arm candy.

View Quote

Wait, you mean a Corvette or, say, a Nissan GT-R is only going to be a magnet for dudes?

Impossible!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait, you mean a Corvette or, say, a Nissan GT-R is only going to be a magnet for dudes?

Impossible!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, but you know the Lambo gets you a higher class of arm candy.

Impossible!

All cars are dude magnets.

You want to pull women? Use this:
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Z06 C6's are no slouch.

View Quote
Yup. LS7 was a game changer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Vette had a little extra fuck you up under the hood.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
How in the world does someone think "corvette" and "only straight line" at the same time.  Look at the racing history of the corvette.  And yes, you can start back in the 50's it was setting records and winning SCCA classes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A NA head/cam C6 Z06 can outpull most everything. Motor is kind of maxed out at that point though and would need some serious internal work to take it to next level.
View Quote

Stop this bullshit. Plenty of guys pushing the LS motor to over 700-800 hp reliably. Hell there are guys making over 1000 on a stock block.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've got an LS7 based engine that made 705 at the flywheel and 599 at the wheels through an automatic with a 4000 stall converter. Its a very nasty NA engine and the way it is couldn't be boosted but would love some nitrous. I believe the LS2 and LS3 blocks are stronger than the LS7 but the LS7 comes with a larger bore If I were to build a boosted engine from scratch it wouldn't be with an LS7 block. Have a Heartbeat Magnacharger on my stock bottom H/C LS3 also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, if you were starting from scratch then the LS7 wouldn't be the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275881/IMG-0074-117408.JPG

View Quote

Was it one of those 2k+hp awd Lamborghinis? Crazy power.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Listen to Jay Leno!    (and fnbrowning of the corvetteforum.com!)
You get supercar performance in the Z06 for a fraction of the cost of the over-priced European models.
AND your Z06 is a Chevy, which means you can get reasonably priced service at dealerships across the U.S.
And now w/o further adeau, Jay's Garage! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC_TTqul92I
View Quote

Agreed.  

That's the only GM product I would consider buying.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#31]
One is for fat old men, and the other is for sons of rich dictators/UN ambassadors.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That thing looks like a beast.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#33]
American cars SUCK DICK!  Don't need to see a video to know that!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so Tim
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Now I want a Corvette. It probably wouldn't be well suited to the dirt road I live on though. My wife said I could buy one until she heard that the one I would want is north $100k. She thinks I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

Them things are bad ass!!!
View Quote

My 2016 1LT Z06 (A8/Battery Protection only options) was $85K MSRP (I paid $80K) - has everything I need (and more).

LT4 is sweet - 650HP/650TQ - supercharged.

Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Love that video, you just cant understate the bang for the buck performance from the American cars.

That said, the stunning blonde with long legs and a short black skirt....She aint checkin out the Corvette when she walks down the street. The Lambo? She'll look at that.......
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Are these two gents in the video discussing who slurps spaghetti the best?

Toni Zamboni guzzles the longest spaghetti.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Love that video, you just cant understate the bang for the buck performance from the American cars.

That said, the stunning blonde with long legs and a short black skirt....She aint checkin out the Corvette when she walks down the street. The Lambo? She'll look at that.......
View Quote

I live near Scottsdale and the Lambos get the best/tightest poon.  Tons of older guys rollin with vettes and the poon in those in is vintage poon.
Either way I'd love to own both and get poon. POON!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't need much of an IQ to post shit on the internet either, so you got that going for you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Know how I know, you dont know cars?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

And a 6 cylinder Nissan still kicked it's ass.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
NO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol....way to be edgy
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ive got a stock 150k mile LQ4 block thats running stock 317 heads, making right under 800 rwhp.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking, those UGR Lambo's are retarded.  It's a shame they haven't figured out their trannys 100%. Not fun eating $30k for a failure point. Maybe they have by now though, I haven't followed them for a good while.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#46]
1:45.

2400HP Twin Turbo Corvette at TX2K15 Tearing up the Streets!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ive got a stock 150k mile LQ4 block thats running stock 317 heads, making right under 800 rwhp.
View Quote

Whats the setup?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
... that 'Vette has been worked over
View Quote

That is what I was going to say.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking, those UGR Lambo's are retarded.  It's a shame they haven't figured out their trannys 100%. Not fun eating $30k for a failure point. Maybe they have by now though, I haven't followed them for a good while.
View Quote
I'm thinking I saw the UGR Lambos lay down like a 230 standing half mile this year....fuck me dead that's a lot of go.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top