Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/18/2017 12:01:05 PM EDT
I'm not a monster truck fan, but unless you've been living under a rock, you know who Dennis Anderson is. He flipped the digger and landed upside down. Has massive internal injuries and bleeding. Hope he pulls through.

https://www.google.com/amp/myfox8.com/2017/01/17/grave-digger-driver-hurt-in-crash-during-show-in-florida/amp/?client=safari
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I live under a rock, but that's better than dying under a truck I guess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Godspeed healing Dennis.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, hope he pulls through. Grave Digger is my son's favorite

Was supposed to take him to see Monster Jam last weekend but the faggot ass Falcons ruined that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
No video? Cold link? This thread sucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I've driven by their shop on the side of the road headed to OBX multiple times.

I don't know the driver at all, but best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Heard of Grave Digger for years, but never knew the names of any drivers.  Guess I've been under a rock.

Hope he recovers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live under a rock, but that's better than dying under a truck I guess.
View Quote

Don't dig his grave, he's not dead just yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Saturday Saturday SATURDAY

“Want [to] thank everyone for the kind words for dad. Yes he was injured and all that needs to be known is he’s getting better,” the post said.

It doesn't sound like he's critical/guarded condition. I hope he has a full recovery.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, that didnt look at all like a hard landing. I mean, those trucks have certainly dug in harder. Hope he makes a full comeback and goes on trucking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]

You saved this thread.

Are those the smaller trucks?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Roll cage fail?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not a monster truck fan, but unless you've been living under a rock, you know who Dennis Anderson is. He flipped the digger and landed upside down. Has massive internal injuries and bleeding. Hope he pulls through.

https://www.google.com/amp/myfox8.com/2017/01/17/grave-digger-driver-hurt-in-crash-during-show-in-florida/amp/?client=safari
View Quote

Most people would recognize the "Grave Digger" name, not the name of the driver.

Also, the quote from his son certainly doesn't give the "fighting for his life" sort of feeling.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow that hit didn't seem that bad.  Last year in Nashville the "Hot Wheels" truck did the same thing from much higher and the driver was fine.  Must've hit just right.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope he pulls out of this.

He and his family are local to me where I grew up. I watched him build the Grave Digger idea.

His mom was my bus driver when I was a kid.

Fantastic family and people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got friend who owns a different truck. Says he's doing alright, he was already planning on retiring this year and letting his son take over I'm sure this cemented that decision.

Dennis is old school he didn't like being jammed into the modern safety gear so that may have played a part too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's to a speedy recovery. The 'digger was always my favorite, along with Goldberg.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn hope he survives... He has been doing it for years.
View Quote

30+ years!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow thats fucked up, I've seen him do 100 times worse than that, I wonder what happened.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#25]
He and his family are good folks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been a monster truck fan since I was a kid and I just recently took my 5 year old to his first show. My cousin lived next to the Anderson's in the late 80's/ early 90's. Dennis Anderson is a 100% genuine guy. I hope he pulls through.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#27]
The rollover looked like one of the most gentle maneuvers he did in the routine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

why would anyone know the name of a monster truck driver?

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn. Took my kids to see Monster Jam last year. They are both huge Grave Digger fans. Hope Dennis comes out of this ok!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I had a childhood?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wow, that didnt look at all like a hard landing. I mean, those trucks have certainly dug in harder. Hope he makes a full comeback and goes on trucking.
View Quote

This. I watch them all the time with my boys. I've seen them walk away from wayyyy worse. I am astounded at the shit they do these day. I understand it's just a motor with wheels, but them fuckers are 30-40 feet in the air sometimes.

Hope he heals. He's one of the big draws for Monster Trucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cause they have little boys that love watching it and they interview the drivers every time they're on.

I bet my 6 year old could name more than both of us combined.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think I see that truck in Hartford Ct around maybe 1990 

would have thought those things have cages and straps or whatever that there would not be a lot of danger if it rolled or flipped, poor bastard
View Quote

Same thing Dale thought ...
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Video is at link.

Cold link only if you're a scrub who doesn't run some type of linkification addon.  Its 2017, nub.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because I had a childhood?
View Quote

The guy said that unless you live under a rock, you would know the name of the guy driving this particular monster truck.

That's a dumb statement.

I seriously doubt that any more than a tiny percentage of the US public would know the guy's name.

Because who would care?  It's not important information.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Something about that footage upsets me...
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#39]
sorry, was on mobile and couldn't find the hotlink button lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow that hit didn't seem that bad.  Last year in Nashville the "Hot Wheels" truck did the same thing from much higher and the driver was fine.  Must've hit just right.
View Quote

Dale Earnhardts crash didn't look that bad either, but we know how that ended up. Dude hemorrhaged all the blood out of his head and bled out on the spot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I must be living under a rock as I have never heard of the guy.  I hope he pulls through though, prayers sent.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dunno, guess if you're into other forms of motor sports the name just gets around. I never watched monster trucks growing up but I knew who he was some how.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Advertisements, he's basically the face of the sport but he's the only one I'd recognize.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome video and run!  I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Didn't look like that big of a jump, but since it was upside down, I guess your guts don't bounce the same.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This. I watch them all the time with my boys. I've seen them walk away from wayyyy worse. I am astounded at the shit they do these day. I understand it's just a motor with wheels, but them fuckers are 30-40 feet in the air sometimes.

Hope he heals. He's one of the big draws for Monster Trucks.
View Quote

Those trucks are fantastic pieces of engineering.

I went to a mud drag at UIC in Chicago back in the 80's. They had a monster truck put on an exhibition at intermission. They were going to wow the crowd and crush a car. It took 4 spotters and multiple tries to get that truck on top of the car and they never really succeeded. I look at the monster truck shows these days and am amazed at how far they have come.

My grandsons and my son will be at Monster Jam in Milwaukee this Saturday. It was one of their Christmas gifts from grandpa.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I dunno, guess if you're into other forms of motor sports the name just gets around. I never watched monster trucks growing up but I knew who he was some how.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because parents who aren't even into motorsports at all take their kids to Monster Truck events. They tend to be much more accessible (and cheaper) than something like NASCAR or Indy as they are held at small stadiums as well as large ones. Kids love them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Hope he's going to be all right.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Those trucks are fantastic pieces of engineering.

I went to a mud drag at UIC in Chicago back in the 80's. They had a monster truck put on an exhibition at intermission. They were going to wow the crowd and crush a car. It took 4 spotters and multiple tries to get that truck on top of the car and they never really succeeded. I look at the monster truck shows these days and am amazed at how far they have come.

My grandsons and my son will be at Monster Jam in Milwaukee this Saturday. It was one of their Christmas gifts from grandpa.
View Quote

True, they've always had the commercials for 10 dollar nose bleed seats for those monster truck events for as long as I can remember.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top